• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 1,061 Views, 28 Comments

Freedom Incarnate, or the Redemption of Chaos - Spirit Wind



Spirit Wind, a perpetually blank-flanked pony, stumbles across a gem holding some of Discord's Power

  • ...
2
 28
 1,061

Chaos Six

"Well, that explains your actions, at least. Does Celestia know that Discord is free and in hiding?" Twilight asked after I finished my 'report'.

"She does, but noone knows where he is, so we can't-" I started, before a wave of dark energy surged through the tree. Twilight almost immediately lost her color, and glared at me sternly.

"Do you have any further buisness here? If not, I'd like to get back to my work." Twilight spat. I had no clue what had happened, and her sudden change in attitude and pigment worried me, since she told me about this before.
"Twilight, are you ok?" I stupidly asked.

"Yes, I am well, but I am very busy, so I am going to have to ask you to leave." She finished. Without knowing what to do to fix her, and needing help, I decided to leave and find Fluttershy. Even if I still feel guilty about what I had did, I thought her kindness would help.

I guess I was wrong. Once I had reached Fluttershy's place, she was gray and already torturing Angel with tableware. Quietly, I tried to make my escape, but she noticed me. In a heartbeat, I was pinned against a tree by her cutlery.

"What do you think you're doing? Tresspassing on my property like that?" She said while approaching me. I freed myself and attempted to fly away, only to notice she had me pinned by my tail. "Ah Ah Ah... You're my new stress ball since you let Angel get away. Now stay-" She started, before being tackled by a crazy purple mare.

"Run, Spirit!" The ball of energy had spoken. Taking her word, I flew away and towards the center of Ponyville again.

From overhead, I saw a sulking gray Pinkie Pie arguing with a gray Rarity. Not only that, but a gray Applejack was conversing with an angry shopkeeper. From what I could tell, only the Elements of Harmony were affected by that dark wave.

"This isn't good." I stated obviously. Without the Elements, how were we going to take down Discord? I decided that a different group were going to have to stop him, so I called in a few favors.

My first stop was the far house near the cliff. The mare there still owed me for re-boarding her house, Golden Harvest, also known as 'Carrot Top'. When I knocked, she greeted me with her usual smile.

"Hello Spirit, what makes you visit me today? Need another job?" She asked innocently.

"No, but I need to call in a favor. Something's going on and I need your help, the Elements of Harmony are in danger." I explained, rather poorly.

"Oh, but why do you need me?"

"Because you're one of the few who still owe me favors, and you're good at gardening."

"Oh, well, I guess I'll join you then. Where are we going?"

"Right now, the Post Office."

"What?" She asked, before I suddenly warped us to the Ponyville Post Office. "Agh! Warn me before you do something like that! Besides, how did you use magic? You're a pegasus, aren't you?"

"Sorry, and yeah, blame the strange happenings. Oh! Mr. Post!" My focus redirected when I saw the gruff pegasus staring at us in shock.

"Huh? Oh, what?" Mr. Post asked after snapping out of his shock.

"Is Ditzy working today?"

"Yes, she should be back any secon-" His sentence got cut off as Ditzy came flying through the open window and into the pillow net set up just in case this happened.

"I'm baaack!" Ditzy announced while getting up and dusting off. Once she noticed me, I was barreled over in a hug, "Spirit! Hey! Thanks for watching Dinky again, that really helped me get caught up on my work!"

"No problem, but I actually could use your help." I explained while getting up and separating myself from her. "Something's happening and the Elements of Harmony are in danger. I am trying to get some ponies together to do something about it."

"Hey, I noticed that Rarity was acting weird as well, when I went to give her her mail, she took my saddlebags! I knew something was fishy! Count me in, but we have to finish before school lets out, I promised Dinky that we'd go to the park after school." Ditzy spoke with her usual carefree attitude.

"I can't promise we'll be done by then, but I'll try. We should hurry then." I finished while grabbing on to the two mares. With a flash, we vanished from the post office and appeared at a large mansion gate. Golden Harvest was still a bit disoriented, but it seemed like Ditzy took the sudden teleport without too much difficulty.

A knock or two and we were greeted by an ashen colored pony wearing a bow tie.

"Hello? Ah, Spirit, is it? And two guests, I suppose this relates to the way Canterlot has been drastically changing into a mess?" Octavia spoke, the same unsurprised and upper-crust tone that she usually used.

"Um... I didn't know Canterlot had been hit yet, but yeah." I responded with a bit of shock. Discord was hitting major points quickly, this wasn't good.

"And I suppose you want to call in the favor I owe you for posting those fliers up in Cloudsdale. Very well, let's go." She finished.

"Oh, uh... ok then." Whenever I speak to Octavia, she always seems to know what I plan to say. Anyway, I was running out of energy to teleport, so we hoofed it towards the high rise apartments near the 'lower-class' area of Canterlot (If it even exists).

On the way, we definitely saw the chaos spreading through Canterlot, everything was changing; since I needed a recharge though, I pulled some of the loose chaos energy out of the air, it wasn't much, but it did help a bit. The odd thing about this was that I didn't realize that I did until I noticed my energy was a bit higher than it should've been.

As we reached the high rise apartments, a white mare with an electric blue mane was sitting on a bench outside.

"Hey Octy!" She called.

"Vinyl?" Octavia asked, as she heard and recognized the pony.

"Long time no see." Vinyl Scratch commented as she got up and approached our group.

"Indeed, I think it was back when we were neighbors, when you constantly came over and raided my refrigerator." Octavia deadpanned.

"Sound familliar?" Golden Harvest said while nudging Ditzy.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Ditzy replied, while holding the best poker face that a wall-eyed mare can hold. Golden Harvest only chuckled.

"Okay," I announced, "only one pony left!" I summoned up whatever chaos energy I had gotten from the air and whatever I had left otherwise, and I pulled Screwball from wherever Fluttershy had her and set Screwball directly in front of me.

"Huh, Uwah?" Screwball yelped at the sudden transport. "On going what's, Spirit hi, oh?"

"Hey Screwball, I think I got a good team here, we need to go face your dad now, are you willing to help?"

"am I, yes. now out everything figured I think I." Screwball replied.

"Wait, what's going on, I'm confused." Vinyl inturrupted.

"Yes spirit, I am rather confused myself, what did you mean by 'your dad'?" Octavia added.

"I'll explain what I can on the way, we need to go, now." I explained, adding a bit more haste just to avoid any large arguments.

With that, we were off to Canterlot Castle again, since I could feel the largest well of chaos there. My own energy was resonating with that of Discords, pulling me in, our confrontation was guaranteed, the outcome almost predictable. Even with everything against us, even if I knew we were going to fail, I would be foolish not to try.