• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 1,058 Views, 28 Comments

Freedom Incarnate, or the Redemption of Chaos - Spirit Wind



Spirit Wind, a perpetually blank-flanked pony, stumbles across a gem holding some of Discord's Power

  • ...
2
 28
 1,058

My Introduction

Hey! I'm Spirit Wind, a Pegasus from Caulifornia. I typically can be found around Ponyville now, since I moved there once I heard about all the crazy things that go on there. Since more recent events I've actually been a part of them! More on that later, I should explain a bit about myself, that way my actions won't seem so strange to you.

To start off, I adore freedom above anything else. So much that I can't really hold down one job or stay in one place for too long, I'd start to go bonkers if I even tried to. So I live day to day seeing where I can scrape together a few bits for the day, to some it’s just for lazy people, and others say it’s impossible, but this’ll be my second year of this way of life!

I’m also a bit mischievous, from dye in a shampoo bottle to tripling the fountain’s water output! I really don’t try and hurt anypony, sometimes it just… happens… Anyway, this mischief lands me in a bit of trouble from time to time. Once, I was locked in the Ponyville Pokey for a week! The random arrows around town did cause some ponies to get lost and wander halfway to Canterlot, so I suppose it was justified.

Even though I can be mischevious, I also try to be kind and loyal to others. My joy of freedom kind of gets in the way sometimes though. There have been times when I have hurt other ponies feelings, and times where I’ve abandoned others for the sake of my freedom. I try and keep those times to a minimum, and I’ve gotten better about it over time, but I can’t always keep true to… any one trait for that matter.

That brings me to another fact, I don’t have a cutie mark, even though by my age, I should. I used to be worried about it, but then I realized that without a talent to call my own I was truly free to work on any skill I wanted without restriction. Even if I will never be as good as others in any one area, I’m better than most in every area, I think. A colt-of-all-trades is a proper way to describe me.

Since my arrival in Ponyville, I’ve been mistaken for a mare many times. To clear up any confusion right now, I’m a Stallion, a very marish looking one, but a stallion regardless. And yes, I am old enough to be called a Stallion, even though everypony, even young colts and fillies, keep saying I’m “Like a little brother”! I’m nearly as old as Twilight Sparkle, how do they make that mistake? It’s nice to be considered family to so many, but I’m really only related to my parents and my older brother, Alpha Wind, and he’s back in Caulifornia still.

Anyway, that’s all you should need to know about me for now, anything I missed should be seen in my actions. Now, onto my tale!