• ...
18
 149
 3,037

Ch. 8 ...For a reason

Sweetie Belle and Razor sat by the window, looking out over Ponyville, the pegasi were moving storm clouds, it was going to rain hard tonight. Razor sat across from Sweetie Belle, a hayburger in front of him, and she sat with a Daisy Sandwich. The two sat simply smiling while holding one another's hooves under the table.

"So....how's your day been?" Razor asked, a small blush on his cheeks.

"Boring....until lunch." she smirked, which caused Razor to blush harder.

"Oh haha." he said sarcastically.

"Sooooo...." Sweetie Belle said slowly after a few second pause.

"I'm sorry, I'm new to the idea of a relationship, you're my first marefriend." Razor shoved a hoof into his mouth.

"Yeah, first coltfriend too." Sweetie Belle smiled.

The two had their conversation as they ate their lunch, the sky kept getting darker until, by the end of their lunch period, it was almost pitch black sky. There was supposed to be the heaviest rain in fifty years tonight, only a few had been around for the last flood.

"Well, I gotta go!" Razor said as the bell rang, and his next class was in the outdoor building...all the way across campus.

"Alright, bye Razor!" Sweetie Belle chirped.

"I lo...." Razor said.

Did Razor just start to say that he loved her?

"Huh?" Sweetie Belle turned around, "What'd you say, I didn't hear you."

"Nothing..." Razor pawed at the ground.

"No Razor." he looked up, she was close now, "What'd you say?" she smiled.

He realized what she meant, "I love yo...." he was cut off by a kiss from Sweetie Belle.

"Love you too." she said as she broke the kiss. She scampered off to choir practice.

"Maybe today will be a good day after all." Razor said as he walked away from the cafeteria.

Little did he know, the small filly who gave him the notebook, or diary...was watching him. Diamond Tiara would get his secrets, spread them to the school, and ruin his whole life. All she had to do was write a note, a made up secret adn give him a diary, and then it was all happening before her eyes.

"Diamond Tiara?" Silver spoon questioned.

"Huh?" Diamond turned to see her friend.

"What were youdoing?" she asked.

"Oh...nothing important." she smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack was watching the pegasi gather the clouds over her farm while she was eating her lunch....some apples. She saw Fluttershy and Big Macintosh walking ....something was up, she could see that they were sad, she had seen them sad before, but this....something happened.

"Now Big Macintosh, where..?" She stopped cold when he looked up, his eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Apple...jack." Fluttershy choked, "We need to talk."

"'Bout what?"

"Sis," Big Macintosh interrupted, "Listen to 'er"

"Alright, but I don't know if I'm comfortable."

"Applejack....sit down at the table, we'll be there soon." Big Macintosh said.

After ten or so minutes, the sky getting darker by each one, Fluttershy and big Macintosh walked out of the house and sat down opposite form Applejack.

"What's going on?" Applejack said, her tone serious.

"Applejack....it." Big Mac said, choking on tears, "AppleBloom....never went to school today."

"She skipped?!?" Applejack snorted angrily, "Why when she gets home, Ah'm gonna..."

"She never made it to school...."

"She what...what do you mean?"

"Applebloom's dead....." Fluttershy said.

"What....no, it, she, no." Applejack said, tears coming to her own eyes.

"I, I tried to save her, she fell off the dam, and she hit the water, and she floated downstream until i pulled her out of the water, I used CPR, but it didn't work, and I just..." Fluttershy was talking a million miles a minute.

"Ya, ya saw her die?" Applejack said.....oh Fluttershy.

"Yesssss." Fluttershy cried, she was bawling into Big Macintosh's coat, soaking it.

"Fluttershy.....just, just stop crying." Applejack said, tears starting to choke her as well.

"Big Mac..." Applejack said solemnly, "Where is she now?"

"She's..." Big mac started.

"WHERE"S MY LITTLE SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Applejack, just calm down." Fluttershy said, Applejack looked over to her.

"Calm down? Shut up Fluttershy, JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!"

Fluttershy started a new wave of tears, and Applejack ran into the house. Big Macintosh hugged Fluttershy tightly, and he let her cry into his coat. She hugged him back, tightly.

Today was not a good day...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo sat in the grass between Fluttershy's cottage and the The Everfree forest, she watched the other pegasi gather clouds for tonight's storm, her father hated the rain, the sunshine, the snow, all weather, but especially rain, she had to find a place to go tonight.

Maybe she would have to sleep outside tonight...no, not in tonight's storm, but who would she ask?

"Nopony...." she sighed.

She then saw a very familiar, very shy pegasus walking towards her house, and a large red stallion beside her. why was Fluttershy with Big Macintosh? She hid in a nearby bush, and watched the pair, nothing happened...he gave her a hug goodbye and she went inside, Angel following her.

Scootaloo mustered up the courage to see if Fluttershy would let her stay at her house tonight. She fluttered up to the door and knocked three times, a few seconds later, Angel opened the door, and Fluttershy was crying on the couch.

"Um...can I talk with Fluttershy?"Scootaloo asked, ad angel closed the door.

"Oh...okay..." she started to hear shuffling sounds as she walked away, the caused her to stop.

Angel reopened the door, a ring of keys in his hand, he smiled sadly.

Scootaloo walked in slowly, using her wing to put Angel on her back, and she walked over to Fluttershy, sitting on the chair opposite to her. Fluttershy moved the blanket from her face, and looked at Scootaloo.

"Scoot....Scootaloo?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah," Scootaloo paused, "I was wondering if I could maybe stay here tonight, just for the time during the storm?"

"Scootaloo, what about your father?"

"He hates me!" she yelped.

"Scootaloo, nopony hates you..."

"Look," she reared up on her hind legs, exposing her stomach, and the several bruises and cuts on it, "He did all this in the last three days!"

"Scootaloo...."

"And if I go tonight, he'll beat me more and beat me harder, he hates rain and takes it out on me!"

"Scootaloo...I'm sorry!" Fluttershy started crying again, and Scootaloo immediately regretted coming here. She started backing away from Fluttershy, towards the door.

"You can sleep here tonight." Fluttershy said, she flew quickly over to Scootaloo, and hugged her, that broke Scootaloo.

All of Scootaloo's held back emotions started flowing right out of her eyes in her tears, she was bawling....hard, and she realized, this was the first time she'd been hugged since her mom died.

=================================================================================================

Okay, longer chapter, adn two things;

1. FlutterMac anybody?

2. Do you like the idea of Fluttershy being a mother to Scootaloo? Here's a somewhat related story to that

Life in a Slower lane