• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,546 Views, 118 Comments

Pinkie's Sensei - Dirty Bit



A pony skilled in martial arts makes a visit to Ponyville! Hilarity and hijinks ensues!

  • ...
6
 118
 3,546

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

He Comes...

It was afternoon in the town of Ponyville as everypony was busy with their own daily routines. While the town's citizens minded their own business, a certain pink pony hopped jovially around town with an envelope in her mouth. Her destination was none other than Ponyville Library.

At the library, Twilight enjoyed a day in her home she favored the most: Reshelving day. This time, she had her assistant Spike to help with a majority of the work, and she could not be more grateful with how careful he is with the books. After copious amounts of articulation and proper alphabetizing, Spike stood on a ladder as he was about to put away the last book needed to complete all the hard work he and his older sister had placed into their day, until...

*BANG*

The front door sprang open to reveal Pinkie Pie as she grabbed the note in her mouth and held it in her right hoof "He's coming! He's coming! He's COMING~!!" She yelled at a loud and cheery volume while she hopped in place. Spike yelped in surpise and frantically tried to balance himself as he toppled on the ladder. When he tipped and went to fall, he was luckily saved by Twilight as the two shared a sigh of relief. They did not want all that hard work to be for nothing with Pinkie Pie coming in.

Twilight gently set Spike on the floor before she turned to Pinkie with a raised eyebrow "Who's coming, Pinkie? Is it somepony we should know about?"

Pinkie gave a friendly scoff "Duh~! That's why I came to you!" She pressed her envelope into Twilight's face "You gotta read this note! Go on, read it! You love reading so much, so you gotta love this, too!!"

Twilight groaned a little as she took the envelope with her magic and pulled out the letter contained inside of it. Spike was curious as he waddled over and took a peek at what the letter had to say.

Dear Pinkie,

How's it going? It's been so long and stuff, and I really miss you! As I stayed at my finely-crafted dojo, I was thinking about all the times we have spent together as master and pupil training together! It almost brought tears (STALLIONY tears, mind you!) to my eyes to see you blossom with what I had to teach you back then!

That's why I figured that we could catch up on lost time together! I've decided to stop by at your quaint little town for a visit tomorrow and see what kind of beautiful mare you've grown up to be ever since I've graced you with both my presence and my skills! Who knows? Maybe you'll even have a chance at being as good as me!

See you soon,
Your Sensei

Twilight and Spike were both surprised at this letter and focused their gazes on the party mare. Pinkie Pie? A martial artist? The lavender bookworm already wanted to know more as she beamed at her energetic friend "Wow, Pinkie! I've never thought that you were an experienced fighter of sorts! What's your master like?"

Spike scratched his head "The better question is, what's his name? All there is in the letter is 'Your Sensei'!" He paused for a moment, and then raised an eyebrow at Pinkie "Is that his name?" he asked inquisitively.

Pinkie waved a hoof "Psssh! No, silly! I can't imagine MY master being named Your sensei! That'd be too funny!" She then poked a hoof at her chin "Well, unless he actually decides to take you under his wing with his cool fighting moves!" She reared up on her hindlegs and made a quick one-two with her forelegs "Then, by all means, call him your sensei!" The party mare then stood on all fours and gave an ecstatic grin "Oh, but I simply can't wait for him to come! There's so much to talk about! But not now! Right now, I'm just going around and telling everypony the news so they can give my sensei a proper welcome! I already told Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity! I just stopped by here to let you know before I head to Fluttershy's!"

Twilight spoke "Pinkie, it said in the letter that your master won't come until tomorrow! Why are you raising awareness now? Is he famous or something?"

Pinkie shrugged "Well, he hasn't really told me about fame, but I just want some help to prepare for a 'Master-Pupil Reunion party' tomorrow! I'll need all the help I can get so I can make it extra super-duper special!" She looked at the lavender bookworm with a sincere smile "It would really mean a lot to me, Twilight! My sensei is really the pony other than Granny Pie who helped me be the mare I am today!"

Spike crossed his arms as he looked up "Wow, that much, huh?" He then held his arms out as he flashed a childish smile "Say, if your master's really that good at fighting, do you think you could put in a good word for me if he's looking for any potential students?"

Pinkie patted Spike on the head with a giggle "Of course, Spike! My sensei's always looking for potential! Even in the teeniest-tiniest areas of Equestria! I'm sure he wouldn't mind somepony like you as a student!"

Twilight shook her head as she turned to the party mare with a curious smile "Well, about your master-"

"Sensei!"

The lavender bookworm sighed "Your sensei...has he served in the Royal Guard in his life? Or was he self taught in his own arts?"

Pinkie smiled "Oh, I'd love to talk more about him now, Twilight, but I gotta go! I'm burning daylight just by standing around here! Everypony in Ponyville's gotta know about this! See you soon!" She darted out of the door without a moment to lose.

Spike had a grin similar to Pinkie's after her visit "Now I can't wait to see Pinkie's sensei! Oh, I hope he does make me a student! Then I can use some awesome fighting moves to wow Rarity and sweep her off her hooves!"

Twilight giggled at her assistant's fantasies "I'm just as curious as you are, Spike, but I wouldn't set my expectations too high. Besides, don't you think that Rarity wouldn't like the aspect of having somepony who enjoys fighting as a coltfriend?"

Spike pointed a claw "It's not so much that, but looking good at it! Besides, it'll be a huge help if anypony decides to mess with her! Then I can make sure they don't go anywhere near her without going through me..." He gave a determined glare at a wall as he got into an amateur fighting stance while holding his book.

Twilight levitated the book out of Spike's claws and placed it in the last available shelf with a smile "Well, that takes care of that! Why don't you enjoy some time off? Perhaps see what Rarity wants?"

Spike perked up at the thought "Yeah! Pinkie already told her about her sensei! Maybe I can get her opinion if she saw me as a fighter!" The purple dragon bolted out of the door and made for Carousel Boutique.

Twilight was satisfied to know that for once, her many shelves did not choose to fall today after making the choice of reshelving the books.
_____

Pinkie skipped back to her home at Sugarcube Corner after she took care of telling Fluttershy about her sensei's arrival tomorrow. When she came back, she opened the door and saw her employers Mr. and Mrs. Cake as they tended to the small amount of customers inside. That did not stop Pinkie as she skipped along the floor and flashed the married couple a smile "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Cake! Business is going well, I take it?"

Mrs. Cake gave a small grin "Ah, Pinkie! Still in a good mood about your little visitor coming tomorrow?"

Pinkie nodded "Mhm! I already told all my friends, so I'm sure they'll help with the decorations! But just in case they're busy~..." She peered mischievously up the stairs with a grin. It caused the Cakes to glance nervously at the party mare.

Mr. Cake winced at Pinkie's expression "Erm, Pinkie...You're not thinking about the party cannon, are you? We don't wanna wake up the twins!"

Pinkie turned to Mr. Cake and smiled "Oh, I know how loud it can get! That's why I've modified it with a built-in silencer so I won't make so much noise!" Pinkie has lots of free time whenever there is no work to be done in and out of Sugarcube Corner. Sadly, she succeeded in making the Cakes more worried.

Mrs. Cake spoke "Pinkie, knowing your friends, I'm sure they'll help you with something this important! There's no need to go all out with the party cannon!"

Pinkie hummed in thought, but then nodded to the Cakes with a knowing smile "I guess you're right! And besides, my friends helping me with decorations will make it all the more special!! I just hope that everypony will like him!"

The party mare began to have flashbacks of all the times she had trained under the tutelage of her sensei as she trotted up the stairs and into her room. She remembered all of the hard work, effort, and dedication she put into every day of training with her master every time she had visited his dojo. Soon, she will meet him after a long period of absence, and they will have time to rekindle their old relationship as master and pupil. She trotted over and pulled up a picture of herself wearing a fighting ghi that was almost as pink as herself that held a black belt. She also had two gauntlets as she struck a fighting pose while standing on her hind legs. Pinkie gave a nostalgic smile as she stared at it, but now wasn't the time for memories. It was time to prepare...
_____

The next day, everypony in Ponyville set up odd decorations in preparation for the new visitor Pinkie was so excited about. Her friends could not help but check out what the party pony had thought out in terms of the theme.

There were paper lamps and streamers that held foreign symbols and were all colored pink. Twilight looked further and inspected the symbols and gasped in realization as she turned to Pinkie "Pinkie Pie, you mean to tell me that your sensei is from Hong Colt!? This is simply amazing!"

Rarity was now excited "So we get to meet a dazzling pony from the east!? Oh, how marvelous! I should get properly dressed for this moment! Excuse me, girls!" The fashionista bolted off towards her home for a quick makeover.

Applejack scratched her head as she held a skeptical look on her face "He ain't gonna be speakin' Equestrian when 'e's comin' here, is he?"

Pinkie nodded frantically "Oh, of course he does! He's pretty good at speaking Equestrian AND Neighponese! Sometimes he usually mixes the two languages up just for fun!" She gave a giggle "I like when he does it, too!"

Rainbow Dash raised an eybrow "Wait a minute...How does your sensei know Neighponese when he hails from Hong Colt?"

Twilight rubbed a hoof "An excellent question, unless he was born in Hong Colt and raised in Neighpon...But that doesn't explain how he's fluent in Equestrian!"

Pinkie waved a hoof "Oh, girls! My sensei travels a LOT in his time! Of course he knows so much after going so many places!"

Applejack gave a chuckle "Ah wouldn't be surprised if he was jus' as peppy as you are, sugarcube! Maybe he could help down at th' farm iffin' he feels up to it!"

Rainbow Dash scoffed "Unless he's some kind of old fart. Then that would mean he's just gonna be enjoying the scenery without giving us a demonstration!" She got into a fighting stance with a confident smirk "I wanna see if that guy can best me in a match with my karate!"

Pinkie shook her head with a frown "I dunno, Dashie...My sensei's pretty tough..."

Rainbow Dash laughed defiantly "We'll see about that! No offense to you, Pinks, but I don't think he can keep up with me!"

Fluttershy was happy to have kept quiet throughout the whole conversation, until she noticed a distant figure coming from a route leading to Ponyville "Look over there! Somepony's coming!"

Everypony present turned to the entrance as the figure drew closer. Rarity came back dressed in a fine red oriental kimono with her hair done up in a bun style with two chopsticks holding it up "I'm back~!" She noticed the staring crowd "I'm not late, am I!?" She joined the crowd as the pony came into better view.

From a distance, a beige pony was seen carrying a large bag on his back tied to a string he is holding in his teeth. His mane was brown and tied into a slim ponytail as his hair hung down, and his tail was in a similar fashion. He was wearing a pink ghi similar to the one Pinkie wore in her old picture, black belt and all, and on his flank was a foreign symbol similar to what was shown on Ponyville's decorations. His eyes shined with pride and they narrowed with determination as he reached the town entrance.

Needless to say, only a few ponies were impressed with his appearance. Rarity was not one of them.

The pony stopped in front of the crowd and spat the string out of his mouth as he let his bag drop. Then he reared onto his hind legs and struck a foreleg into the air "Alright! Finally made it! Hellooooo, Ponyville~!!" he gave a boastful grin as he stood.

Fluttershy blinked for a moment before finally registering the situation "Umm...is that supposed to be Pinkie's-"

The pink pony in question hopped from the crowd and gave a large gasp, which turned into the happiest squeal heard by any ears in range. She galloped towards the visitor and leaped into his forelegs "Sensei!! You're here!!!"

Pinkie's master returned the embrace of his pupil as he chuckled at her happiness "Pinkie, is that you? I almost didn't recognize you without your training gear! You've really grown since the last time I saw you!"

Pinkie looked at her sensei with the widest grin possible "It's so nice to see you again, Danny-sensei! It's been so long! We've got so much to talk about! I had everypony in Ponyville decorate for when you were coming, and now you're HERE! Now we can get the party started and I can show you around town!" Her babbling continued profusely.

Rarity winced at the newcomer "So this is Pinkie's sensei that she speaks so highly of? He looks rather off-put if you asked me..."

Twilight smiled "I don't know, Rarity... looks can be deceiving, you know. He seems like an okay pony if he really made a good impact on Pinkie's life!"

Applejack nodded "Yeah, maybe he's got some kinda hidden strength inside o' him. He IS a fightin' master, right?"

Pinkie turned to the curious crowd with her expression unchanged "Everypony, I'd like you to meet my sensei! This is super-talented Saikyo Master Dan Hibiki!!"

Dan held a hoof up and grinned again, only this time his teeth gave off a good shine when he showed them.

End of Chapter 1