• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 1,548 Views, 14 Comments

The story of Anvil - proudtobeabrony667



Anvil is a new student at CHS where he realizes that everything is not what it seems. Especially since he has a secret of his own

  • ...
11
 14
 1,548

Chapter 2: First day of school: PART 2

Chapter 2

First day of school: PART 2


Two hours earlier


"Master Anvil, please get up your late for school"

"Ugh... What time is it?"

" Just before noon sir"

"Okay I'm up.... Ah shit!"

"What is it!"

"My bandages broke"

"I'll get some fresh ones, it's about time you changed those ones anyways"

My name is Chester I am the butler to this young man, and to be honest I am also his self proclaimed guardian how did this come to be well... I used to live in Manehatten as a cargo manager for the the docks, one day my boss fires me and the same day my wife leaves me for my boss who she was cheating on me with. I hit rock bottom and decided to end the pitiful thing I called a life, I had bought the gun and I was out in the rain one night sitting in-between two buildings near the ocean, I put the gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger but no shot goes off I check the bullets and they are all clean I check the safety and it's off, the firing pins not bent so I try again... Nothing.

"You're supposed to load it first!" a voice says from the street

I look and this nine year old boy standing in the rain giving me advice on how to kill myself I laugh and tell him to show me how it's done and hold out the gun to him. This boy walks over and takes the gun pulls the slide back and lets go loading a bullet into the chamber and cocking the hammer back, Next this boy jams the gun to the side of my head and says to me...

"You feel that beating in your chest, the sweat dripping down your face, that is fear, that is the feeling of someone telling you that your life is no longer in your control and that they have the choice as to how you die, "

"What do you know about it?" I ask him

"I have seen and felt this at my own hand"

"You tried to kill yourself?" I said surprised and very worried

"Yes but when you look into the lifeless eyes of those you love you see that you aren't meant to die like that and you put the gun down, I'm not here to stop you, or try to convince you that you have something worth living for. I'm here to tell you, you have a choice. You can either sit here and wallow in your own self-pity, or you can get up and make something of yourself ."

It sounded cruel at the time but after saying that the kid tossed the gun on the ground beside me and left leaving me with a choice that could either change my life or end it. As I watched the kid turn the corner I picked up the gun and looked at it, I stared at my choice maker and suddenly heard the sound of tires screeching away, I ran out and saw that the kid had been kidnapped and taken towards the dock warehouses. At that very moment I made my choice and ran after the kidnappers, by the time I got there the kid was standing in the center of the room facing off against a man twice his size while twenty to thirty men sat in the back watching and placing bets. The leader is off to the side trying to get a hold of the kids family and getting frustrated. The man picked up a pipe and hit the kid in the head, I acted completely on impulse and shot the man dead while the kid just stood there as I aimed the gun at the rest of them and walked towards him. BANG! someone else shoots their gun and hits mine out of my hand.

"Who the hell are you?" asks the leader of the group

"I'm.... I’m His guardian!!" I said surprising myself and the kid

"Oh? So what, your here to claim the kid by force... Get him" he said motioning for a few men to restrain me

The kid still just stood there while their boss called the next man to try and beat the kid down, I watched as the man took a swing with a baseball bat, I expected the kid to fall over but the bat was broken into splinters, and in a split second the man fell over with half a bat run through his chest, the next man came up and the kid walked over to a pile of steel beams and picked one off the pile and dragged it back to where he was standing earlier while the man stood there impressed, but he did not want to die so he pulled out a large knife and struck the kid with the handle. This kid still refused to go down all the while I was being beaten down myself.

I watched helplessly as the man with the knife continued to hit the kid with the handle after the fifth hit the man gave up and he did not see what was coming. The kid picked up this beam like a bat and with unbelievable strength he knocked the man through five walls and into the ocean he then turned his attention to the leader who he turned into a skewered rat all the others ran outside and straight into the hands of the police. I turned back to the kid and saw that he had collapsed and I felt responsible so I got him to the hospital. He woke up the next day and I went to visit him though he didn't seem pleased to see me.

"What do you want?" he asked

"I am making good on what I said last night." I replied

"What that you're my guardian, thanks but no thanks I don't need a babysitter"

"Look I may not have seen you're eyes but I could tell that you were hurting inside, so I will be there for you in whatever way I can"

"[sigh] I need a butler at my homestead, and perhaps in time someone to fill the shoes of my father"

"I may not be able to fill your fathers shoes but I'll do my best... my names Chester, What's your's "

He never told me his name that day but in time he did and from there we grew closer as friends and became like family though I still don't see him smile often in fact it's very rare..... So here I am working as both a father and a butler for this young man and I have never been happier.


Present time(Sunset shimmer)


After he finished his lunch the boy left the cafeteria and disappeared. Most of the people in the cafeteria went to look for him but came up with nothing, even Vinyl came out of the nurse’s office to look. She joined us as we searched and we eventually started to give up when we suddenly heard a sound coming from the music room. At first we thought it was just another band practicing but we also heard humming coming from there along with the sound of an acoustic guitar playing. We all peeked through the crack in the door, what we saw caused all to freeze and stare in awe. We all saw but we couldn't believe what we were witnessing...... The new kid was playing the guitar by himself and humming to a song that none of us knew; it was beautiful. I slipped and sent us all flying through the door landing right in front of him.

He didn't stop though he just kept playing as though he didn't notice. The rest of us were all compelled to just sit and listen, though after a while Vinyl got up and started a beat with the song he heard this and started to play faster and started a different song that I got up and started to dance, I wasn't alone since I was joined by my friends and we danced to this song that had no words but a beat that made you feel like dancing. After they finished playing and we finished dancing he walked over to the DJ set and asked if he could play it for a bit. When he did he started out with something smooth which brought a disappointed look to Vinyl's face but just when she was about to step in he stopped the music and just when we thought he was done he dropped an single beat which knocked everyone to the floor. When we got up he was playing just as well as Vinyl can when she's not worried about something, if not better.

Vinyl joined him on the set and started playing as well which started their transformation to their ponified forms. Vinyl had white ears like Rarity and a messy looking ponytail. His on the other and was much more.... well..... different and slightly scary. He had black pointed ears like horns and his teeth became fangs. His hair was still short and his bandages broke with claws protruding from his fingernails. As soon as he realized this and stopped playing and ran out of the room.

Vinyl ran after him just to find him hiding in a corner muttering softly to himself. She put her hand on his shoulder and he froze then continued muttering to himself.

"That's not who I am, that’s not who I am," over and over again

"I don't care who you are or who you used to be. I just care about the person I see here."

He froze and looked at her only to have his forehead meet with her lips. His eyes went as wide as dinner plates, then he closed them and accepted it. He broke away a few moments later and asked her if she'd like to hang out at his place later that day. She said yes and then they walked back to the music room where they told us that they'd create a band of their own. Later they went back to class laughing but before they got there they were stopped in the hallway by Marcus.

"Awe looks like the freak got herself a boyfriend. Too bad he has to get his ass kicked in front of you"

Without warning one of his lackeys came up behind him and attempted to crack him over the shoulder with a baseball bat. His reaction time was near flawless. He put up his hand letting the bat hit it, causing the aluminum bat to bend around his hand. That's when Marcus took out a pair of scissors and charged him splitting the scissors as he ran giving one blade to each hand. The boy grabbed the sharpened blades and they cut through the bandages and into his palms when Marcus tried to stab him.

"WHO ARE YOU!!!"

In the sternest voice he said "I'm Anvil" as he let go of the blades letting them plunge into his shoulders. He then proceeded to headbut Marcus,then swing around and kick him to the floor before continuing with Vinyl to class after he pulled the blades from his shoulders and dropping them on the floor. Marcus was charged with assault with a deadly weapon later that day and so were his lackeys for attempted assault but were let off with a warning as first offenders, while Vinyl and Anvil got on the bus heading for his home.