• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 1,548 Views, 14 Comments

The story of Anvil - proudtobeabrony667



Anvil is a new student at CHS where he realizes that everything is not what it seems. Especially since he has a secret of his own

  • ...
11
 14
 1,548

Chapter 3: Anvil's secrets

Chapter 3

Anvil's secrets

After the events that transpired at school Anvil was told to go home, He asked if Vinyl could go with him and Principal Celestia agreed they got on a bus and headed to a small village outside of Canterlot city were Vinyl also lived they got off at the entrance to the village and walked up the path to a large gate with a reception box were he spoke into it.

"Chester open the gate it's me Anvil"

And in a British sounding accent "Right away sir"

"Oh and one more thing."

"Yes sir"

"I have a guest prepare a place for her to stay should she decide to stay the night."

"I'll see to it at once sir"

We walked through the large gate and up to a large mansion. on the side of it was a small grave yard were there were three graves before going in he stopped and went there. He walked through the gate and up to the tombstones, he brushed away the leaves and pulled out three roses from his bag and placed them on each of the graves and mumbled a small conversation to himself then proceeded to the mansion. When he moved from the graves Vinyl read what they said.

Andrew Wolfs-bane
September 2, 1976 - October 1, 2005
Loving father

Andrea Wolfs-bane
November 12, 1979 - October 1, 2005
Loving mother

Thaddeus Kingsly
January 23, 1946 - October 1, 2005
Dear friend

In the corner of the Grave yard was another tombstone with no grave but it was still there covered in vines and weeds Vinyl went over to it and cleared off the engraved text that looked like it was clawed into the stone with a nail, and it read:

Vilkas Wolfs-Bane
October 1, 1997 - October 1, 2005
May he never awaken?

"May he never awaken?" she said before going into the house to see Anvil, confused as to why the tombstone would say that. She went inside and was awestruck at the site of the place but in the middle of the staircase leading to the next floor was a painting of Anvil and his family however it looked as if it had been put through a den of lions because it had been clawed to shreds but only over his face, it was then she remembered what had happened earlier that day and she started to wonder if Anvil had done this himself. Then without warning he put his
hand on her shoulder and startled her.

"Oh god it's just you...... What's up with that painting?"

"Nothing it's just like that."

"Oh... Well I guess that makes sense."

"Come on Dinners ready."

"Okay. Oh one thing before we go?"

"What is it?"

"Who's Vilkas?"

The whole room went quiet as everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Anvil.

"I thought I'd never hear that name again?"

"What?"

"Oh nothing….. Vilkas is....... I'm Vilkas"

"But then why is there a tombstone with your name on it?"

"Because when I was eight I... He died............. Along with my parents."

"Oh I'm sorry. How did they die?"

He sat down on the stairs and sighed before getting up and stating that he did not want to talk about it and moved on to the dining hall were a large table filled with all sorts of dishes was waiting. You know how usually a master of a house would have a separate table for the servants; this house was different the table originally meant for the family was filled with all the servants with four spots open two of them covered with dust covers at the ends of the table. The other two sat across from each other in the middle of the table. the dinner was great and as Vinyl was heading to the room that was prepared for her she noticed one door that was scratched to hell The name plate simply would have read "Vilkas" but the last three letters were scratched out and an "A" and an "N" were placed in front making "AN-Vil" Figuring that it was his room and he was probably in there she opened the door knocking as she did so.

The room was dark, all she could manage to see from the hallway light was a moving black figure in the corner of the room. She walked slowly towards it and slowly began to see wha--who it was.......

"But what was wrong with him auntie?"

"Well...”

When she finally reached the figure she realized that it was Anvil his sunglasses much like the ones she wore all the time were shattered on the floor he was covering his face with one of his hands while biting into the other. She grabbed his hands and wrapped them up in bandages while talking to him in a voice that could nearly sooth a bear.

"What are you doing Vilkas?"

"I-I'm not that person anymore."

"Yes you are, it doesn't matter if you think he's dead inside you. On the outside he's still alive."
He grabbed her hands and spoke softly to her "I killed a man Vinyl....He killed a man"

"So what if he did I bet he had a good reason to do it"

"The man killed them.......he Killed my parents and a dear friend of the family"

"Tell me about it... It's always good to talk about it."

"Okay..... It was my eighth birthday and we had just started to open my presents. I always tell my parents not to get me something expensive so I didn't have a lot of things worth stealing. [Sigh] But they did. A Man broke into the house and attempted to hold the butler hostage but killed him thinking we didn't care about him but in fact he was a very dear friend to the family and he was like a grandfather to me. Then he grabbed me and threatened my parents for money. My dad nodded to me and using my martial arts training (granted it wasn't much) I took the gun from his hands not realizing he had another. My dad motioned to tackle him to the floor but the man drew his gun and shot him in the heart, my mother moved towards him and was shot in the head. I dropped the gun and he trained his gun on me; seeing my parents on the floor I felt as though all at once every ounce of rage in my body burst to the surface and I transformed into something hideous."

"How..... Why"

"My family has a special ability handed down from generation to generation. They are angelic defenders; creatures who take human form and protect the world I am the last of their kind. However like myself every tenth generation has a Different form.... We are cursed to take the form of a demon. A Monster. I took that form that night and I tore that man apart the coroners had such a hard time finding out who he was he's been named John Doe till this day."

"How do you change?"

"We can change at will, however there is a way to bypass the will to change and it can come out whenever our emotions got out of control, such as uncontrollable rage."

"Wait a minute the Wolfs-Banes I knew I've heard that name before it's the name of one of the richest families in the whole City. I heard they were all dead."

"They are, I am the last........