• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 1,549 Views, 14 Comments

The story of Anvil - proudtobeabrony667



Anvil is a new student at CHS where he realizes that everything is not what it seems. Especially since he has a secret of his own

  • ...
11
 14
 1,549

Chapter 8: beginning of the end

Chapter 8

The Beginning of the end

Anvil and Vinyl had defeated the Dazzlings for a time but the concert was approaching and it was nearly time to start with the preparations. I realized that we would need more than Anvil to stop them, so did my friends but they couldn't figure out how to get twilight back to our world.

"I have an idea." I proclaimed

"What is it?" they all asked in unison

"Well when I was still princess Celestia's student back in Equestria She gave me this" I said dusting off a book with the symbol of my cutie mark from Equestria. "Even after I abandoned my studies I held on to it, deep down i guess I knew I was making a big mistake and I wanted a way to still reach out to her.....Maybe it still works."

"That's a book darling, what do you mean 'maybe still works'?"

"It used to be that if I wrote something here it would appear in the pages of a book back in princess Celestia's Library. If I get a message to her than she can get a message to princess twilight."

"So what are you waiting for? Get to writing." Rainbow Dash said holding out a pen to me

I grabbed the pen and sighed "It's been a while since I've written these words."

The message read

" Dear Princess Celestia it's Sunset Shimmer I know you probably don't want to hear from me but this is important. Things are not going well here there is something strange happening to the people and we need twilight to come here ASAP as soon as possible. Please I am so very sorry but I have changes drastically in these past months due to my new friends here in this world.

A couple days later Twilight returned and we started to catch up when the Dazzlings walked into the diner and started to ruin our reunion by their infernal singing that was more or less ineffective against us but was still causing us to argue which is what they seemed to want. Then the door opened again and the Dazzlings stopped singing and turned around then started to sing again but this time it didn't affect anyone as if they were aiming at someone after we apologized to each other we looked over just to see Anvil clenching his chest and coughing up blood as if the Dazzlings were trying to kill him but he just got up and slapped each of them across the face with one swipe silencing them for the day as they left in a haze of confusion as to why their singing didn't work on him.

"Anvil?"

"Twi - [Cough] - Twilight?"

"Um did we miss something?" asked rainbow dash

"Oh, sorry Anvil and I used to know each other in Equestria when he fell through the portal when he was around nine or ten."

"Oh that makes much more sense."

"Hey Anvil what do you want to drink?"

"I'll have a Hot chocolate Vinyl."

"Are you dating Vinyl Anvil?"

"Well.....You could say that."

Vinyl walked over holding their drinks they talked for a bit and then left back to his place were we still had not gone to practice so we followed them, of course we did tell them why so that it wasn't awkward. We got to anvils place and we all stood in awe as the gates opened and the road to his house mansion was opened we all walked up the road we all noticed the grave yard beside the house.

"So Anvil were are your parents? I'd sure like to meet them." I said without knowing about what happened to him all those years ago

Everyone froze as Anvil stopped and turned around to face us he then turned and pointed over to the grave yard and said "They're in there." then turned quickly and continued walking. He got into the house and showed us where we could practice before heading up the stairs to his room. Vinyl followed and opened his door to see that the brave and strong Anvil was hurting, and he was hurting badly we followed Vinyl and watched as she gave him a hug causing him to burst into tears the one thing that was strange though was his tears were red leaving a stain on Vinyls shirt though she didn't seem to mind as if it had happened before. I knocked on the door and walked in along with the rest of the girls who were a little indifferent about the whole spectacle.

"Anvil I'm sorry I had no idea."

"[sniff] it's okay I'm used to it by now it has been nine years after all; nearly ten in about ten days"

"It's almost your birthday!?! I've got to plan your party!!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie not paying any heed to Vinyl's signals to stop

"That's quite alright Pinkie Pie, my birthday is also the anniversary of their deaths That's why I don't celebrate anymore."

"Anvil dear?"

"Yeah Rarity?"

"If you don't mind my asking I noticed 4 head stones but three graves so I was wondering.... Did your mother have a baby on the way?" She said as she winced from the embarrassment of the question.

"No the 4th grave Is mine."

"What do ya' mean Anvil?"

"My real name is.......[sigh] My real name is Vilkas."

"Vilkas as in the Wolfs-Bane Vilkas?"

"Precisely I changed my name to Andrew Andrea Vilkas Wolfs-Bane"

"Why?" we all said in unison

"To keep their memory alive I took their names and simply added them to mine but it was too long so I shortened it to Anvil."

Anvil went into depth about how they died and what he was. We just sat there scared about what he was going to do to us now that we knew his secret. but instead of what we thought he was going to do he simply said "Well I feel much better now that there are no more secrets between me and the people I care about, So who's up for something to eat." All of us blushed as our stomachs growled at the mention of food so we all agreed. Little did we know that Anvil was such a great cook though we were all confused as to why he did the cooking instead of the chefs that he had hired but when the food was cooling down he told us that he had told them that he liked to help when it came to the household chores because he had felt it necessary to keep some rooms off limits to the staff that had just been hired until they knew the story and were sworn to secrecy. he then made us all swear to secrecy for the fact that we had learned that once twilight came back we started to feel less influenced by the sirens music than we did before not that we really were in the first place just that it caused us to argue worse than ever but Twilight told us that our arguing could cause a negative aura to emerge from our bodies and give them the power to take over this world using their magic.

Anvil broke the stressful setting by bringing up the Idea that we could all stay at his place if they wanted and Pinkie Pie became so excited that she launched out of her seat and pulled all of us into a group hug screaming "Slumber party at Anvil's!!" that is when all of us went home to grab our things but before we left I told twilight she could borrow some things from my place if she didn't have any spare clothes, she didn't so she came back to my place with me while Anvil went with Vinyl; to get the rest of her things from her old place as they put it confusing all of us.