• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,992 Views, 350 Comments

X in Equestria - RoseluckyCinor



A bunch of random people now in Equestria in separate stories.

  • ...
28
 350
 4,992

Garruk

Garruk Wildspeaker
(For those not in the know he’s a famous dude who once said ‘it ain’t easy being green’)

Pinkie was putting the finishing touches on a wedding cake that had been designed for the Princess Twilight Sprakle’s marriage to Spike when there was a knock at the door. Grunting, she put down the frosting tube, hopped of the precarious ladder she’d set up and trotted to the door. There was nopony there. Pinkie was not a happy mare. The Cake’s had been late in giving her money so she’d had nothing to eat but plain sugar.

Normally she’d be happy with just that but without the money, she didn’t even get the choice to maybe dress up with Rarity, go out, and eat some Wheat Wellington. She just didn't get that choice with no money. At the end of the day, Pinkie got upset when she didn't get the choice. Not that she’d be caught dead going on a ‘date’ with Rarity. She shuddered when she thought of what would happened to her reputation. Rarity was a buzzkill in her circles. Pinkie shook the thoughts of meanness out of her head and replaced them with the important thoughts of cake and the decorating thereof.

Grinning again she climbed back onto the towering ladder and picked up the nearly empty frosting tube. A few roses, a few reimaginings of Twilight’s cutie marks and a few discrete pictures of mares and dragons hidden under the frosting roses. She giggled to herself in her cleverness.

“Go’b thin’ I taugh’ Spi’e some tric’s,” she said to herself, her mouth full of frosting. The ground beneath her rumbled. In a panic she reached out to grab onto something. Her hooves sank into soft, moist, cake. Pinkie bit down angrily, frosting spraying all over herself. A particularly large glob landed on her flank, on the top-most balloon in her cutie mark and slowly trailed down the string. It was cool against her fur and skin. The sensation made her relax a little. All she had to do was cover the holes with more frosting and nopony would ever notice.

The rumbling started again. This time Pinkie felt the ladder give way beneath her.

“Gummy!” she screamed as she fell ten feet to the floor. The floor rose up to meet her on her rump, smearing the frosting all over her cutie mark. She frowned at the now light blue flank she had. There was another knock at the door. Now she was upset. She strode to the door and threw it open.

“Hello?” she demanded from the air outside. With no one to answer her she turned back inside. The wedding cake was rumbling. “What?” she asked herself. A large shape burst from the cake and flung itself at her. She squeaked and tried to run. The shape had caught her off guard and quickly had it’s thick and meaty hands around her. She squeaked again.

“At least, you are mine Liliana!” the shape declared.

“I’m not whoever that is,” Pinkie explained, “I’m Pinkie!” The stranger looked at her cautiously. Pinkie got a good look at him for the first time. He was a tall, bear of a man with thick brown hair. He work a unremarkable grey mask covering all his face but his eyes and mouth. On his back wore a large axe. For clothes he just wore handmade leather pants and a shirt that did nothing to hide his bulging muscles. Pinkie squeaked for the third time in a short while.

“Pinkie, huh?” he asked. He let go of her and he stood back. He eyed her suspiciously. “I’m Garruk Wildspeaker. Planeswalker. I’m here to find Liliana and remove this curse.”

“You’re cursed!” Pinkie exclaimed. “My family is too!”

Garruk gazed into her eyes. “This is fate!” he declared. “If we two are cursed, then we just need to help each other then the curses will be lifted!”

“That sounds like it would work,” Pinkie agreed.

“What curse is your family under?”

“You see, we’re cursed to grow rocks instead of things that can actually grow. I don’t know what that’s all about really.” Garruk looked convinced at her tale.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good one. I need to get some animal mojo first. Lead me.” Pinkie stood still, waiting for him to clarify. He didn’t. She turned to the door and started to walk when she felt a warm hand underneath her and pick her up.

“You’re too slow!” he bellowed. Pinkie was scared.

“Uhm, k,” she said. She started to point Garruk towards a place where he could feast on some fine mojo. “So,” she said, breaking the silence, “do you like to party?”

“I don’t party.”

“Not even a birthday party?”

“Beasts don’t typically celebrate birthdays.”

“Ponies do!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“I’m not a pony,” he said grudgingly. Pinkie put on a sly smile.

“That doesn’t matter! Some of my best friends are, uh, donkeys?”

Garruk let out a heavy, belly laugh. “You are the silliest pony,” he admitted. He put a large hand on her rump and lifted her off his shoulder and put her down. “But you’re useless to me. I wouldn’t even use you for a 1/1 token.” He took a step back from her.

“What are you doing? I thought we were going to help each other’s curse!”

“Sorry, Babe, I was just using to get more power.”

“But why?” Pinkie’s eyes were watering.

“I just... I have a lot of feelings.” Garruk turned and ran back, planeswalking to a world that was literally just High School.