• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,989 Views, 350 Comments

X in Equestria - RoseluckyCinor



A bunch of random people now in Equestria in separate stories.

  • ...
28
 350
 4,989

Steve Erwin

Steve Erwin in Equestria

A.K.A. Australian Accents are hard.


“Croikey,” came a subdued voice. Twilight shot up in her bed. She looked around her bedroom slowly.

“Hello?” she asked. My doors and windows are locked.

“Uh-oh. Looks loike we stahrtled ‘er,” the voice said.

Twilight reached for one of her candles. She found one on the night stand, using her magic she lit it. Light flowed through her room. She shut her eyes for a second, temporarily blinded. Twilight quickly surveyed the room looking for the source of the voice.

“Spike… you know I don’t like being scared,” Twilight spoke cautiously. The nervous mare peered down to Spike’s sleeping crate. It was empty. Oh right, he got lost in the zombie invasion.

“Look a’ her. She’s a beaut ain’t she?”

“What do you want from me?” Twilight asked. She leapt from the bed and used her magic to toss a few books across
the room. They hit the walls and slumped the floor.

“Whe’ the mares get angry they can be vicious.”

Twilight looked around the room, stomping her hooves. Something nudged into the bookcase, causing it to teeter. “I’ve got you now,” she whispered. Slowly Twilight crept over to the bookcase. The bookcase in question had been moved several feet away from the wall. She could see someone crouching behind it. “Hello?” she asked.

“A’ve got ‘er now!” the thing yelled as it jumped on the poor mare. Twilight struggled under the weight of the new human. “Now you’ve goit to be cah’ful when wrastle with a poiny. She’ll use ‘er magic to get out of mah grab.”

Oh yeah I will. Twilight’s horn glowed an incandescent purple as she threw the strange man to the wall.

“Croikey! It’s Australian foir pain!”

“What are you doing in my house?” Twilight asked.

“I’m Steve Irwin, Animal Man,” he proclaimed happily.

“That’s great, animal man. No really, it’s wonderful. However, I am left with one question, what are you doing in my house?”

Steve bit his lips. “Well, ya see there, missy. There ain’t many animals for the ol’ crocodile hunter ta fight ‘round here.”

An idea hit Twilight immediately. It was moments like these that made Twilight glad she did hardcore jewels like Rarity.

“Iiiiiii know what you should do!” Twilight yelled at the top of her lungs. “I know just the crocodile for you to fight,” she said much quieter. “Let me take you there.”

***

“Twilight… it’s three in the morning. Even the Pinkie needs her sleep,” the Pinkie said groggily to her guests.

“I know, Pinkie! But this guy showed up and I really need you to do me a favor,” Twilight gasped.

“Twilight, even I know biology does-“

“No, not like that. Jeez Pinkie.” Twilight was Roseluck Red. A flustered mare on the street. Boy… was there egg on her face. This is worse than that time I did those things!

“Okay, so what do you need?” Pinkie asked.

“Ah need to fight your croc!” Steve piped up helpfully.

“Normally I’d be against this, but okay.” Pinkie disappeared into her home for just a second. Suddenly she leapt out of the second floor window. She did not stick the landing. The poor mare skidded across the dirt. Gummy fell off her back and began swiping at the dust she knocked up. West Germany is not impressed.

“It’s go time!” Steve yelled as he leapt at the distracted alligator. The Aussie grabbed at the Gummy’s tail, only narrowly missing it as the alligator dodged. Gummy’s dust attacks had given him +10 spot checks. Using the dirt to his advantage, the alligator kicked a small clod into Steve’s eye. The hunter fell backwards.

“I won’t be defeated so easily,” he cried as he went for a forward kick to Gummy’ midsection. The blow connected with a sickening ripple of Gummy’s scales. An attack of opportunity left gashes along Steve’s legs.

The small, green alligator roared with unknown ferocity. With great vigor it leapt at Steve’s face. He let out a shriek of pain. Irwin clawed at his face, trying to pry the vicious critter off him.\

Suddenly there was a howling scream from the air.

“Did Rainbow Dash crash?” asked Pinkie.

“No, that always sounds more bass-y,” Twilight added.

Steve pulled the alligator off his face and threw it through Pinkie’s window. “I’ve heard that call before… from the most dangerous beast…”

“Cerberus?” asked Pinkie.

“Timberwolves?” suggested Twilight.

“No… Stingrays,” Steve whispered. The stricken mares watched as flying blobs began to appear in the sky. “This is my destiny! This was made for me!” One of the shapes flew past Steve. He grabbed its head and jumped on its back.

“I’ve got to go now ladies. I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused.”

“I don’t understand!” screamed Twilight.

“I don’t either, but if I don’t get on this stingray now, then I’ll regret it. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but
someday,” Steve said.

Slowly the Steve burdened stingray floated off into the skies with the rest of its family.

***

Twilight shot up in bed with a cold sweat. “I’ve got to stop eating all those nachos all the time,” she assured herself.