• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,535 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,535

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

Starting this chapter I will be posting the next chapters much slowly because I have to deal with a lot of stuff, especially school work. Please be patient for this and once again, I would like to express my thanks for appreciating my work.

A few weeks have passed since Melody has settled with her mother in Ponyville. In fact she was quickly suited to the peaceful atmosphere around the town, and also attending school in Ponyville. At school she proved to be the brightest student, with her homework done excellently and paying full attention in lessons. Greenie Hats and Pizza Frenzy were the worst attention payers. Platinum Royale was half attentive as she kept glancing at her hooves.

One evening, the friends gathered at the park. It was their usual routine after school.

“Wow, you’re great, Melody!” complimented Beryl. “You seem to be the brightest student in our class!”

“Heh-heh, thank you,” said Melody. “If I wouldn’t have studied hard then today’s test won’t be as easy as I thought!”

“Man, how wish I’d be like you!” said Greenie Hats. “Ms Margo always punishes me!”

“That’s because she’s a princess!” explained Pepper Flake. “And not to mention she had her teeny-weeny education back at Canterlot!”

“Absolutely right, Pepper,” agreed Melody. “Maybe I should be your role model.”

“Cool…” envied Pizza Frenzy. “If only I was a prince, too…”

“In your dreams!” exclaimed Thunder Clash playfully.

“Melody,” said Chaos Control. “Actually I have something concerned about you.”

“What is it, Chaos?”

“Among all of us who are the same age here,” revealed Chaos. “You’re the only one not to have a cutie mark yet.”

“Huh?” She asked, turning to look at her flank, then looked at her friends. “Oh dear…”

“Maybe you should look out for those seniors,” said Raisin Brandy. “I’ve heard from my aunt Apple Bloom that they like to pick on those who hadn’t got cutie marks…”

“But, I’m pretty worried now…” sighed Melody. “What’s a princess supposed to be without her cutie mark?”

“Don’t worry,” consoled Beryl. “Having a cutie mark or not, we’re still your friends!”

“Yeah, our best role model!” cheered Greenie.

“My, thanks everypony!” said a cheered up Melody. But by the time it was dinner, she grew gloomy again.

“Man, what’s the matter?” asked Spike.

“Nothing, just hoping I can get my cutie mark…” sighed the latter.

“Don’t worry,” calmed Twilight. “You’ll soon get your cutie mark. Trust me, it takes everypony to get their cutie marks. You can ask the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They’re a great model for you.”

“Really?”

“Remember Melody,” continued Twilight. “Getting your cutie mark is something valuable to anypony. It could come at any time as long as you found your talent.”

That cheered Melody again. “Thanks, Mom.” She said and hugged her.

The next day, when school dismissed, Melody went to find the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The trio, of course, was willing to share out their stories on getting their cutie marks.

“… and that’s how it is!” finished Scootaloo.

“Wow…” gasped Melody every time each one of them related their stories.

“Tell you what, Melody,” said Apple Bloom. “It’s always that feeling when you get your cutie mark. I used to be very impatient to the point that I had cutie pox!”

“Trust us, we used to get bullied by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon due to this,” added Sweetie Belle. “Now they finally knew what true determination is.”

“You will definitely find your true talent,” said Scootaloo. “This marks for a hard work paid off!”

“Thank you all!” said Melody cheerfully. “If you excuse me, I need to meet with Chaos and Beryl now.”

“Take care and good luck!” bade Apple Bloom.

Soon Melody was at Fluttershy’s cottage, discussing her homework with the twins. Fluttershy and Discord were away to Canterlot to do some shopping.

“Looks like you went to talk with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, huh?” asked Chaos.

“Yeah, They’re really good figures to us!”

“Mom told us and Honey that they were desperate about their cutie marks that they even caused trouble all around Ponyville!” explained Beryl.

“Man, how cheeky they are!” giggled Melody.

“Really naughty, aren’t they?” said Honey, arriving with tea and cookies. “At least they have matured over the years.”

“Totally agree, sis,” agreed Chaos.

Then there was a knock at the door.

“Now who could that be?” asked Honey as she went to open the door, only to find a mare clad in a cloak. “Why, hello! What brings you here?”

“Oh, hello,” said the mare. “I’m here house by house to check out every foal in every house to see if they’re fine.”

“Oh, really?” laughed Honey. “They’re always fine and always laughing.” She called to the kids. “Can you all let auntie see how you all feel?”

“Coming!” the three foals called, coming to the door.

The mare scrutinized the three.

“Hmm,” she said at last. “You three really are fine.”

“Oh, yeah,” said Melody suddenly. “I remember I left something at home. I’ll be back in a moment.”

Just as Melody walked a few steps out of the house, the unthinkable happened.

Without warning, the mare took out a sack and wrapped it around Melody, leaving the siblings shocked.

“Hey, what’s going on?” screamed Melody. “Help, help me!” But the mare ignored her cries and galloped away towards the Everfree Forest, carrying the sack with her.

“That’s horrible,” declared Honey. “Melody’s kidnapped!”

“I’ll go get her!” cried Chaos, chasing after her.

“Chaos, don’t follow her!” shouted Honey. “You don’t know what you’re doing!” But he had already gone a far way ahead.

“This is bad,” said Beryl, now concerned and scared. “What are we gonna do?”

“We need to find Princess Twilight,” decided Honey. “And tell her to save Melody!”

“Wh-what about Mom and Dad?”

“As soon as they reach home, we’ll try to alert them. Let’s go!”