• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,535 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,535

Chapter 5

Ten years later…

Twilight was waiting at the Ponyville train station. It was her big day today, as her daughter Melody Aurora will begin to settle permanently in Ponyville to learn more about the knowledge of friendship.

“Man, I’m so excited, Spike,” she said.

“Whoa, really?” asked Spike, now a tween dragon. He had seemed to grow more mature.

“I finally get to be with my daughter forever,” said Twilight. “After all those monthly visits with Orion. Everything happened seems like yesterday…” She said, with a twinkle in her eye.

“Speak of the devil, there they are!”

The train from Canterlot soon stopped at Ponyville, and among the passengers who alighted the train, she was able to recognize Melody and Orion from the crowd, running towards her. Escorting them was Princess Celestia. Orion was now a fifteen-year-old teenage colt, and he sported a lightning striking through a shield as his cutie mark.

“Mom!” cried the siblings as they ran towards their mother.

“I’m so glad to have you with me, Melody,” said Twilight as she hugged her, then Orion.

“I’m so glad that Melody was able to be with you,” told Orion. “I decided to stay with Princess Celestia.”

“He desires to be a royal guard,” explained Princess Celestia. “I told them stories about their father and Orion seems to be inspired by him.”

“I just can’t bear to remember that,” said Orion with tears as he recounted that fateful event. “I don’t want to lose my dear friends. But this doesn’t mean I’m stopping to learn about friendship from Princess. And I will still visit you all monthly.”

“Just go ahead and take up that job,” encouraged Twilight. “After all it’s all better being an Alicorn guard.”

“Orion will stay with you for a few days,” said Princess Celestia. “Then he needs to resume his training as a royal guard.”

“Got it,” said Twilight. “Let’s go home, kids. Pinkie Pie’s throwing a party!”

“What? A party?” asked Melody.

“A party to celebrate your stay with me!” answered Twilight. “After all I’m going to be your mentor in everything about friendship.”

“Really?” gasped Melody excitedly.

“You sure are excited, aren’t you, kid?” asked Spike.

“Oh, Spike,” said Melody. “You seem not to change, don’t you?”

“For a dragon to be raised in a pony community,” added Orion. “You never seemed to be affected.”

“Yeah, but I remember that time when…” said an embarrassed Spike, recalling his past events of greed that made him grow fast.

“Good luck staying with your mother, Princess Melody,” bade Princess Celestia. “And don’t forget about your training, Prince Orion!”

“Thanks, Princess!”

“I will, Princess!”

Soon they were on their way to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle. Along the way, the townsponies greeted and welcomed the children. No long after they arrived at the castle, with Twilight’s friends waiting for them.

“Melody!” called Fluttershy. “It’s good to have you staying with us.”

“We’d love to have you here with us!” said Peanut Butter, who was Pinkie’s eldest son.

“Mom and dad specially threw this party!” added Peanut’s sister Pepper Flake.

“I guarantee that this party’s gonna be super-duper great for you two!” pipped Pinkie’s youngest son, Pizza Frenzy.

“Wow…”

“Good to have you here again, fella,” said Fiji to Orion, who was a teenage mare as well.

“I’m so proud that your sister has got a chance to communicate with us,” added Honey Drops, who was also in her teenage year.

“Man, what I could say, my sister’s really the star of attraction now,” he said, glancing at his junior friends surrounding Melody.

“Drop by at my mom’s place anytime Melody,” said Fiji’s brother Raisin Brandy. “She’s got some nice pie waiting for you!”

“Oh really? Applejack’s pies are always delicious!”

“My mom can even make you the finest dress fit for a princess!” said Platinum Royale, Rarity’s eldest daughter.

“And don’t mind if I can try to do you a good manestyle!” added Platinum Royale’s sister Prudence Aura. She was different from Platinum, as she preferred to hairstyling rather than fashion.

“Heh-heh, you sure take up Rarity’s job, huh?”

Then two Pegasus foals, one with a pair of lion paws, a lion tail and deer horns and the other one with goat hooves and goat horns approached them. They were Chaos Control and Beryl, the twin children of Discord and Fluttershy.

“Whoa, it’s glad to see you staying with us now, Melody,” said Chaos.

“Chaos!” cried Melody. “As my best friend you never seem to fail to entertain me, huh?”

“Of course we don’t,” chuckled Beryl.

Then, two shadows flashed by the foals. One of them landed with them.

“Whoa hey, what did I miss?” said a rainbow-maned green Pegasus with a fashionable hat. She was Greenie Hats, the daughter of Soarin and Rainbow Dash, and she had larger ears than them.

“You missed nothing,” said Platinum. “And where did you get that hat?”

“Big sister says that she wants a different hat because she knows that Melody is staying with us,” explained Thunder Clash, the younger brother of Greenie.

“Whoa, I can’t believe that a seven-year-old like you can fly already,” said Melody. “I still have a lot of flying moves to learn.”

“Because mom and dad were cool fliers.”

“Don’t worry, mom’s a cool teacher,” assured Greenie. “And I know that you have to master you magic as well.”

“I know. Princess Celestia has been teaching me that.”

Twilight and her friends watched her daughter socializing from afar.

“Oh dear,” gasped Rarity. “I could say that Melody’s the star of attraction right now!”

“Not just because she’s a princess,” said Soarin. “To her today’s a great day for her.”

“Really nice to see her staying with our kids,” agreed Niku.

“Totally agree, Whitesocks,” said Applejack, cuddling her one-year old daughter Malinae. One thing unique about her was despite both her parents being earth ponies, she was born a unicorn. This was due to Niku’s family’s side.

“What I can really say right now,” declared Twilight. “Melody’s beginning to learn everything about friendship from us, and our friends!”

Author's Note:

If you find difficult to memorize all the children of the Mane Six in my story, this is a useful guide and I'll keep it updated when I finally developed a character properly: http://bit.ly/1AFSNHG

And I know that I might make a few typos and grammar mistakes here. Please bear with it... 0_0