• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 39

“What!? Platinum Royale is heading to the Everfree Forest!!?” cried Melody Aurora when she heard the news after everypony was gathered.

“Yes, and according to Bloodthirst, she’s under control!” replied Prudence Aura.

“Under control? Did you just say ‘under control’?” repeated Pizza Frenzy.

“No kidding?” asked Thunder Clash.

“She means business, you know,” answered Chaos Control.

“Wait a second, who’s that Bloodthirst pony? When had I heard him before?” interrupted Pepper Flake all of a sudden.

“Listen, I know this sounds weird, but I know this would be shocking if I’m telling this to you all now,” began Chaos.

“Why, you know him?” asked Raisin Brandy.

“Yes, and Bloodthirst… is a vampire pony.”

Everyone gasped. They could not believe their ears.

“Chaos! Why didn’t you tell this to us earlier?” cried Melody.

“Because all of you left before Chaos and I could even meet up with you all that day! There was only Platinum, Prudence and Malinae when Bloodthirst was there!” answered Beryl.

“And whose idea was it to dismiss before we could even meet?” demanded Prudence.

As everyone glanced at each other, Fiji spoke.

“It was me.”

“What did you do this time!?” growled Chaos.

“Honestly, I felt that there was something bad about this pony, and when you said that he was a vampire pony, I guess… I was right, after all.”

“Bloodthirst is not the typical vampire pony you all think. He’s somepony who wants a change!” defied Beryl.

“Now what do you know more about Bloodthirst?” demanded Melody.

“Please, there’s no time to argue further. If we keep going on like this, Platinum will never be rescued!” pleaded Malinae.

Everypony stood in silence. They looked at each other, skeptical.

“She’s right, folks,” said Chaos. “You can ask us about him later. We need to save Platinum now before it’s too late!”

“Guess I have no choice,” sighed Melody. “After me, everypony!”

Meanwhile, deep in the forest, Platinum wandered without direction. She was distracted by Bloodthirst’s uncle’s voices, which cannot be really heard.

Bloodthirst had been following her for a long time. He looked around. After making sure that his uncle wasn’t looking, he pounced onto her and struck her horn, freeing her from her mind-control.

“Ugh…” moaned Platinum. Then she noticed Bloodthirst. “Bloodthirst! Why are you here? And why are we in the Everfree Forest?”

As she struggled to get up, Bloodthirst explained to her. “You’re in danger.”

“Huh? What?”

“My uncle’s here! It looks like he tracked me down all the way to Ponyville!”

“Wait, you don’t mean…”

“Look, Platinum, I can’t explain much about this further. We better get outta here!”

“Outta here? Your uncle’s coming to-”

“Platinum! Are you alright?” Melody’s voice sounded from far away. In no time the rest of the gang showed up.

“You guys! What just happened?”

“I think Bloodthirst has told you,” said Chaos. “Right now we gotta escape here, fast!”

“Ho ho ho, did I hear some more ponies coming?” Suddenly, a deep, evil voice boomed.

“Who’s that!?” jolted Raisin.

From the darkness of the trees emerged the stallion earlier.

“I was looking forward to capture my prey, but it seems that Bloodthirst foiled it. How disappointing…”

“Who are you?” asked Melody.

“Me? I’m Merciless Fanger, descendant of the great vampire family! About it, what a shame that my long line of ancestors get rejected by the pony society!”

“It’s not really our fault,” protested Platinum. “It was those rumor-spreaders…”

“Pfft! I don’t care! All the while, Bloodthirst was my good servant, killing all those useless ponies who rejected him! Now then, I really want to wipe out all the normal ponies, then I shall regain my family’s previous glory!”

“So it was you who used Bloodthirst as your weapon!” exclaimed Beryl.

“Who says that we’re rejecting weird ponies like him?” demanded Pepper Flake. “We’re best friends, and it doesn’t matter whether they’re weird or not!”

“Oh really? Then I would like to test your perseverance…”

“Fight them if you can. They’re not ruthless and brutal ponies like you… uncle!” argued Bloodthirst, emphasizing his final word fiercely.

“Gosh, he really hates him,” Malinae whispered to Prudence.

“I really hate to continue this rubbish nonsense. Now, let’s see how you survive against me!” He summoned a rock and aimed at the gang.

“Scatter!” ordered Melody as the rock crashed at where they once stood.

At once, the gang did their all-out combat against Merciless. However, as far as they can battle, he proved too quick to be attacked.

Pepper prepared her party cannon and aimed it at Merciless, but just as she pulled the trigger, he disappeared all of a sudden, leaving Peanut and Pizza, who were forcing him backwards to receive the burst of streamers and confetti.

“Hey!” cried Peanut.

“Oops.” But before she could react, she was suddenly shunted towards the brothers by a sudden force, sending them into a tumble.

“Party tricks are useless to me,” said Merciless, before disappearing himself. The next moment, there was a loud crash, and two figures rolled away from each other. They were both Greenie Hats and Thunder Clash, who tried to collide Merciless from sideways, but failed.

Both siblings lay on the ground, unconscious.

“Stand right there, meanie!” cried Fiji as she raced towards Merciless with Raisin, aiming him towards a tree. Just as they were about to headbutt him, he disappeared again, making them crash into the tree.

“Ouch, horseapples…” groaned Raisin before passing out.

Beryl charged forward, attempting to turn the surroundings chaotic for Merciless. But Merciless grabbed her horns and he sent her into a tumble, knocking Chaos and Melody who were following her.

“He’s… just too strong…” groaned Chaos with agony.

Prudence and Malinae hid behind a tree and watched everything, horrified from what they saw.

“Looks like he isn’t our competitor,” shivered Prudence, hugging Malinae.

“But where’s Platinum?” asked Malinae. “I don’t see her anywhere.”

As Merciless glanced at his fallen victims, he turned to Bloodthirst, now having a scared face as well.

“Well, well, well,” he said. “Do you call them as your friends? I see them as useless pieces of dolls…”

“They’re not dolls!” argued Bloodthirst. “They are indeed my friends!”

“But then why are they powerless to defeat me?”

This made Bloodthirst speechless.

“Trust me, Bloodthirst. They’re nothing but useless ponies. Finish them already.”

“But I can’t…”

Behind Merciless, Platinum was watching everything.

“I must get him out of the way!” she thought to herself.

From a corner, she found a log. Using her magic, she levitated the log with all her might. Using all of her strength, she aimed the log towards Merciless and hurtled it to him.

As Bloodthirst and Merciless were surprised by the log thrown at them, Platinum charged towards them, with her horn glowing.

As she shot her blow upon Merciless, it appeared as if Merciless was taken down by the blast. But suddenly, his body disappeared.

Just as she thought that she had defeated him, suddenly, Merciless appeared behind her and bit the back of her neck. In a few seconds, Platinum’s face changed from shock to unconscious. He then flung the already unconscious Platinum to the other side.

Bloodthirst, Prudence and Malinae who were still hiding and watching were shocked from what they saw.

“Platinum, no!” cried Bloodthirst.

“See, this is how you finish somepony!”

“That’s not finishing! You’ve hurt her!”

“Hurt her? I was just killing her in the slow and painful way. I just injected my venom into her. In one hour she’ll slowly suffocate and die!”

Prudence and Malinae gasped from what they heard.

“I’m not going to forgive you!” roared Bloodthirst and he galloped to battle his uncle.

A heated row ensued between uncle and nephew. Bloodthirst attacked with all his might, but he was no match to his brutal uncle.

Prudence and Malinae came out of their hiding and rushed over to Chaos, who was struggling to get up.

“Chaos! Are you alright?” asked Malinae.

“Ugh,” groaned Chaos. “So Bloodthirst’s uncle is killing Platinum, huh?”

“How did you know?” asked Prudence.

“I heard everything,” Chaos replied. “I can’t deal with him alone. I have to call Melody!”

He went over to his marefriend and helped her over.

“Ow…” moaned Melody. When she saw Chaos, she asked, “Chaos, what happened?”

“Bloodthirst’s uncle has injected his deadly venom into Platinum and she’ll die in an hour if we don’t do anything!”

“Wh-what?” Melody’s eyes widened with shock.

Just then, they heard Bloodthirst’s screams.

They say Merciless pinning a heavily bruised Bloodthirst onto a tree.

“Good try,” said Merciless. “But you’re pathetic!”

“I’m… not… giving up!” choked Bloodthirst, coughing blood at the same time. “Platinum… is my special… somepony!”

“Oh, do you dare to risk yourself for somepony you like? I wouldn’t do that if I were you…” he finished, suffocating him harder.

“What are we going to do?” asked Malinae, panicked.

“Alright, stay calm and listen to what I say,” began Chaos. “Melody and I will try to distract Bloodthirst’s uncle. When that happens, go over and help Bloodthirst.”

“But what about Platinum?” pondered Prudence, looking at her.

“I believe Bloodthirst has the ability to cure her. We’ll try to weaken his uncle. I’m going to let Bloodthirst do the finishing blow.”

“But, I’m no match for him,” replied Melody, looking scared.

“Don’t worry, Melody,” said Chaos, his paws on her face. “As long as I’m with you, and we’re together, we can do this without fear.” He went forward and kissed her. Melody, sensing the warmth of the kiss, responded.

“You’re right,” said Melody when they finished kissing. “You’ve given me the courage. I feel like as if there’s a new source of power filling me up.”

“Good, now let’s go!”

As Merciless continued to suffocate his nephew, suddenly a magic blast struck his hoof and he bellowed a cry.

“What the…!” He turned to Melody and Chaos, who were looking ready.

“Put him down!” said Chaos.

“In his place,” continued Melody. “It’s our turn!”

“Why you…!” He found a rock and tossed it towards Chaos, but quick as lightning, Chaos transformed and smashed the rock into smithereens.

“What…!? Fine. I’ll test your strengths. You seem to be better than my useless nephew…”

Merciless charged forward, but just as he was about to come in contact with the lovers, they teleported right behind him. Melody struck him with her magic blast.

“Now, go and get him!” Chaos ordered Prudence and Malinae.

Both of them raced to the stricken Bloodthirst, lying hapless on the ground.

“Bloodthirst! You okay?” Prudence woke him.

“Ugh, ah…” moaned Bloodthirst. “Where is… my uncle… now?”

“Don’t worry,” replied Malinae. “Chaos and Melody are taking care of him.”

Prudence supported Bloodthirst so that he could see the situation. He went from weary to shock when he saw Chaos’ beastly form and Melody fighting Merciless.

“Is that Chaos…?”

“That’s his transformation. He becomes more powerful in that state,” explained Prudence.

“Our friend Melody Aurora here is a princess!” continued Malinae.

“Wait, did you just say… princess?”

“Yup! She’s the daughter of the Princess of Friendship, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

“Princess Twilight? This sounds familiar…”

“Anyway, is there a way to save my sister? Please, she’s dying,” pleaded Prudence.

“I can, but first, I have to defeat my uncle personally…”

For a long moment, Chaos and Melody battled furiously with Merciless. Merciless tried to launch his attacks, but Chaos’ great power and Melody’s spirit fuelled by Chaos’ encouragement thwarted all of them.

Soon, Merciless became weary. He glanced at both Chaos (now in his normal form) and Melody.

“I can’t believe it!” he cried. “I’ve never thought I would lose to you! Who… really are you!??”

“I’m the son of the Master of Chaos.”

“And I’m the princess.”

His shocked expression became deeper. “No, wait, you aren’t really normal ponies!”

“They are normal, and they can still beat you, because they have the spirit of friendship and love!” declared Prudence.

Merciless became more lost when he saw Bloodthirst now standing.

“Wait, Bloodthirst…”

“I’m sorry, but I have decided my path now,” said Bloodthirst. As he spoke, a huge ring of light surrounded Merciless, with Bloodthirst’s eyes flashing.

“Farewell, uncle!”

With a cry, white light erupted from the rings. As the light cleared, there was no trace of Merciless.

Just as Bloodthirst panted due to tiredness, Chaos and Melody rushed over to support him.

“Are you alright?” asked Melody.

“I’m just… relieved, that’s all.” He looked at her. “You’re a princess?”

“I am,” she smiled at him. “My mother rules all of Ponyville.”

“Bloodthirst,” began Chaos. “Do you have a way to save Platinum?”

Bloodthirst looked at her. Then he spoke.

“I can. All I have to do is to remove the venom where my uncle injected. Then she’s safe.”

“Then just do it!” cried Malinae.

Bloodthirst tried to walk, but he felt wobbly. Melody supported him.

“Easy there, young boy.”

Melody supported him to where Platinum was. Bloodthirst kneeled upon her and searched for the bite mark. When he found it, he put his mouth at the bite mark and began sucking the venom.

The rest watched in awe.

“I wonder why he was agitated when he saw his uncle attacking Platinum,” said Malinae.

“Bloodthirst had a bad past,” explained Chaos. “He was used by his uncle to kill innocent ponies, but there were some who shunned him, so I guess it was payback for them. However, after reflecting on what he had committed for all those years, he decided for a change.”

“But Chaos, Bloodthirst is having a crush on her!”

“Really?”

“I have come to a conclusion,” said Melody. “He really had a sinful past, but he wants a change, and he needs affection.”

Bloodthirst then turned around to the four.

“Alright, I’m done.” He said at last.

“Very well,” said Melody. She looked at the still unconscious Platinum. “She needs help.”

“Really?”

At that moment, the others who were knocked down regained consciousness.

“What… just happened?” asked Greenie, scratching her head.

“Where’s that darn big guy?” demanded Pizza.

“Somepony needs treatment immediately. Get to the hospital now!” ordered Melody.