• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 30

I turned around. To my surprise, standing in front of me, was my father, smiling!

“Dad?” I called him. “Is that you?” I went to him and felt him all over.

“My son, don’t you recognize me?”

Suddenly, I became very emotional and I hugged him tightly. I cried with all my might.

“I… I’ve longed to see you, dad. I’ve been thinking about you every day. Why didn’t you appear in my dreams? I really have a lot to tell you! Two years ago a huge mob threatened to kill Princess Celestia, but I used all my strength to defeat them all! That night I wanted to see you, yet you didn’t appear! I just don’t know… whether to laugh or cry. All I wanted to hope is to see you…!”

Dad looked all over me. “It’s okay, champ. You’ve finally saw me now.” I stopped hugging him, trying to wipe my tears away. “How old are you now?”

“Twenty-one.”

“You’ve already grown tall and strong, I should say.”

“Thank you…”

“Why don’t we find somewhere nice to talk?”

“Okay then…”

So we sat on the meadow and began our chat.

“So, how’s your job?”

“Well, fine, but it’s tiring nowadays…”

“I heard that you’ve stressed up too much, didn’t you?”

“H-how did you know?”

“Didn’t you realize that? I’m watching you all the time!”

“… really!?” Then, I remembered something embarrassing I made in my life. Once, I tried to save Meadow Charm from being jeered by a group of kids, but then we ended up in an awkward pose. As a result, I was suspended from my job for a week and I had to serve as the castle’s maid. Just a fortnight after my punishment, the attack happened.

“… no, NO! Don’t make me think of that incident!” I said frantically.

“Come on,” Dad chuckled. “It’s okay. That’s part of growing up, actually. I see that you’re in good terms with her, huh?”

“Yeah. She knows me well.” I pondered for a moment. “So, it means that you’re also watching over everypony else?”

“Yup, that includes your mother and your sister. Not just them, everypony else whom I know. To be honest, I longed to see Melody for the first time since she was born, and even your mother!”

“Oh… but when would you like to see her?”

“Might as well find some time.”

“By the way, Dad, a few weeks ago I had my own talk with Honey Drops, and ever since that night, I had some strange feeling for her. What should I do? Am I really in love with her now?”

“Ho ho ho, your flower’s just beginning to show!”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s basically one thing everypony needs to go through. Let’s talk about your mother. After returning back from another world for a mission she started to have feelings about me.”

“Another world? What was that?”

“You can ask her, or maybe Princess Celestia. Now, back to our topic. If you really got love for her, confess it. There’s no need to be shy. Love conquers all, and nothing comes within love.”

I pondered for a moment. “Well, guess you’re right, Dad. I’ll give it a try.”

“That’s my boy! Well, looks like we did have a nice talk, huh?”

“I… guess so.” I lied into my father’s hooves, embracing him, with tears of happiness flowing. “You’re my number one hero, in my heart.”

“And you’re gonna be the next number one hero Equestria will have, alongside your sister and mother.”

“I love you, dad…”

Instantly, I felt a rush of serenity flowing within us. My father, who sacrificed himself to save his family, actually returned in another way to push me out of the darkness. It’s as if there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

“Well, I guess it’s time I have to leave,” Dad said at last.

“You’re going now?” I asked him. “When are you coming back?”

“Only time will tell when we’ll next meet. Until then, remember my advices, and live well…”

As his body began to fade into eternity, I was able to shout to him in time. “Thanks, Dad!”

“Good luck…!”

The next thing I knew, I opened my eyes to find myself back in a ward-like room. I recognized it. It was the infirmary. I looked around my body to see myself covered and wrapped with bandages. The doctor was in front of me, smiling.

“This is…”

“Ah, you’re finally awake,” the doctor said. “Perfect timing. Your family and friends are outside waiting for you.”

“Really?”

“Yup. I’m calling them in now.”

He went out. A few seconds later, the first one to come rushing in was Melody Aurora.

“Orion Galaxy! Are you alright?” She hugged me tightly with tears. “We’re so worried about you.”

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Not too tight, please, I’m a tender guy,” I giggled.

Melody loosened her grip. “You’ve taken too much attack?”

“Guess so…” The next ones I saw were my mom, then my friends, and their parents, all of them!

“M-man, you all have come to see me…”

“Princess Celestia sent us a message about you in the evening, the day before yesterday!” my mother explained.

“The day before yesterday? That means I was asleep for…”

“Two days already,” finished Mr Spike. “And all of us discussed and decided yesterday to pay you a visit today!”

“Really?”

“And we’ve planned… a recovery party for you!!!” Pepper Flake shouted, popping a party popper towards me.

“Pepper! Don’t do that to a patient!” I could see Platinum Royale chiding her.

“It’s okay,” I assured her as streamers and confetti settled upon me. “I’m used to her antics, after all.”

“We’re pretty worried about you, fella,” Fiji told me. “Good thing you’re fine.”

“Doctors say that you mainly received multiple cuts. Nothing else more serious,” added Raisin.

“I’m totally glad you’re fine, Big Brother Orion!” Thunder Clash zoomed to my face. “I couldn’t sleep well last night!”

“Now you can,” I replied him.

“Here’s something for a quick recovery present,” Applejack said as she presented me a bottle of cider.

“You might as well keep this until winter, darling.” Rarity presented me her self-woven scarf.

“Thanks, guys.”

“So, how were you feeling during your sleep?” Mom asked me.

“Well, nothing special, but anyway, I met my dad.”

Everyone gasped with surprise.

“Wh-what did you say?” gasped Rainbow Dash.

“You met your father!” my mother cried. “What did he tell you?”

“Basically, just some pieces of advice,” I smiled at them, recalling my dream. “He’s watching all of you.”

“Oh…”

“But that’s not the end. Hopefully I’ll see him again someday or maybe any one of you.”

Melody held my hooves. “Orion, it’s a miracle for you!”

“We knew about your overworked situation, Orion. I hope that your meeting with your father cheered you up a bit.”

“Yeah, he did cheer me.”

“Flash Sentry is amazing! Appearing in somepony’s dreams with the intention of watching over and advising!” cried Soarin.

“Which reminds me, where’s Fluttershy and her family? And how’s Honey Drops?”

“If you’re talking about my big sister,” Chaos Control suddenly appeared at the door. “She’s at the ward next door, and we’re attending to her.”

“Is she fine?”

“She just woke up. Would you like to come over?”

“I’ll be glad to…” I said as I wrenched my body to get down from the bed.

“Careful!” warned Melody.

“Steady yourself, o’boy,” advised Nikula Alder.

“It’s okay, Mr Niku.” But the moment all four of my hooves were on the floor, I felt them like jelly. Mom supported me.

“Do you need a wheelchair?”

“It’s alright. I can still… walk.” I struggled to keep my balance despite my weak hooves. Everyone parted ways for me to reach the door. Just as I was about to reach the door handle, Pinkie Pie opened it for me.

“For your convenience, Orion!”

“Thanks, Pinkie.”

Author's Note:

For Orion's embarrassing punishment, I based it on one of HarmonyStar-v2's incidents