• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 51

“Oh no…” cried Beryl as she spotted shadowy figures approaching them.

“Queen Myra’s minions!” exclaimed Chaos, recognizing them as they all showed up in the light.

“How did she even know we’re here?” cried Melody, confused.

“Thanks to one of our companions,” one of them spoke. “We knew you’re all coming to this place…”

“Wait, one of her minions actually spied us!??” blurted Greenie.

“Ugh, how slick she is…!” cried Melody.

“I’m scared…” weeped Ticky Shanks upon seeing the minions.

Quickly, Chaos thought of a plan. He handed Ticky over to Greenie. “Take him out of here. We’re staying behind.”

“What are you two going to do?” asked Greenie, concerned.

“We’re gonna take them down,” he replied. “If we escape now they’ll catch us!”

“Will you two survive in here?” questioned Beryl, looking anxious at her twin’s decision.

“I can’t guarantee about that, either,” agreed Melody.

“I can guarantee, trust me,” said Chaos, eye-to-eye with Melody. “With you and me, we can take this huge number.”

He turned back to the other three.

“Now, get back to the group!” he ordered.

Without hesitating, the three immediately began to fly out of the cave.

“Don’t worry lil’ fella. We’ll be out in no time!” Greenie told Ticky who was riding on her back.

“Alright, Melody,” said Chaos, facing the minions. “We can do this.”

“Okay,” she replied, getting her stance ready.

Instantly, it was a heated brawl between the minions and the couple. Both fought well, but occasionally, they were scratched by their attacks.

“Keep doing it! Focus on your target!” called Chaos, now in his beastly form.

“I’m trying!” she replied, repelling one.

A while later, she requested him something.

“Chaos, will you try to guard me?”

“What for?”

“I’m trying if I can unleash my internal powers. I know what happened to me when I was ten was a miracle…”

“Then just do it. I’ll get you covered!”

As Chaos repelled the minions, Melody concentrated hard. But a minute passed and nothing happened.

“Are you even doing it?”

“I’m trying! Just keep defending me!”

Melody concentrated for another minute. Miraculously, her persistence paid off.

Magenta aura began to emerge and envelop her body. Chaos watched with amazement as he continued his defense. She gave out a yell once her transformation was complete.

“Whoa,” gasped Chaos.

“Wow,” cried Melody, looking at her hooves. Her charm glowed brightly and her cutie mark shimmered. “It feels as if like I’m super alive…”

“Time to finish them off!” Chaos replied.

At once, both the transformed lovers continued the grueling mob. With the granted new power, Melody now found it easier to take down the minions. In a while, they managed to reduce the minions to a groaning pack.

“How’s that?” asked Chaos.

“Very well,” said one of them. “But let me just warn you one thing. Your end is coming soon, remember…” With a dark magic aura enveloping them, all the minions vanished without a trace.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this…” said Melody.

Just then, everything in the cave began to tremble.

“What’s going on!?” Melody exclaimed.

“That’s an earthquake!” replied Chaos. “If we don’t get out of here the cave will collapse and bury us! Hurry!”

Without wasting any time, the couple galloped, trying to find their way out of the cave. Along the way, stones and rocks fell and rained all over them.

Melody was right behind Chaos when then, without warning, a large boulder fell down and pinned her right wing.

“Melody!”

“Ugh, help!” Melody cried with tears. “I’m trapped!”

“Don’t panic! I’ll get this darn boulder away!”

Chaos pushed with all his might, but alas, it was too heavy for him. He had a battle and was exhausted.

Melody looked up to him. “I’ll help you.”

“How? You’re hurt.”

Without a word, Melody used all of her remaining magic to remove the boulder. With the aided magic, Chaos finally heaved away the boulder, freeing Melody.

“I… don’t think I can run fast with my wings hurt…” groaned Melody, unable to fold her badly injured wing.

“It’s okay. I’ll tell you what,” instructed Chaos. “I’ll be carrying you. Close your eyes until we’re finally outta here!”

Melody did as she was told. Chaos carried her and began to zoom towards the exit. Rocks, stones and boulders hit his body, but he continued to fly with his might.

It was not until finally, he reached the cave exit. Heavily bruised, he gently placed Melody on the ground.

Melody finally opened her eyes.

“Chaos! You’re…”

“Don’t worry about only me,” coughed Chaos, lying down beside her. “We’re now safe…”

“But, your injuries…” Then she felt her hoof being held by his paw.

“Relax,” he whispered. “For the moment, Myra’s minions aren’t attacking us now…” He was just moments from passing out due to extreme tiredness.

Melody became drowsy, but still held onto Chaos’ paws.

A while later…

“Melody! You’re finally awake!” Melody opened her eyes to see Beryl, looking concerned.

“Beryl?” asked Melody looking dazed. “Where are we?” She looked around.

“You’re back in the ship,” replied Raisin Brandy. “Captain Pips dispatched Greenie Hats and Beryl to find you two.”

“He told me and her to get back and find you,” added Greenie.

“Oh… but where’s Chaos?”

“Chaos? He’s just beside you.” Scootaloo moved away to reveal Chaos Control on her left, still out cold and heavily bandaged.

“Don’t push too much. Your wing needs some rest,” advised Apple Bloom.

“I know that,” she replied, looking at her bandaged wing. “If not for him I could’ve been doomed with him.”

“It’s alright, dear. You’re in the safe zone,” comforted Platinum.

At that moment, Pipsqueak entered.

“Glad that you’re awake now, Princess Melody,” began Pipsqueak. “I’m afraid Chaos Control still has to rest for a while to regain his strength. Anyway thank you for saving my son.”

“It’s a pleasure,” she replied, trying to smile. “Where’s Ticky Shanks now?”

“Having his slumber. He’s tired with you all the whole day,” he chuckled. “We’re now on our way back to Trottingham.”

“Wait a minute, Melody, what happened to your charm?” asked Bloodthirst.

“Huh?” Melody held her charm which was just right beside her. To her shock, there was a scratch left on it!

Those who saw it as well felt surprised.

“How did that happen?” questioned Pepper Flake. “Did you fall on the floor or something?”

“I don’t know,” Melody replied. “I think I must have got it while I battled the minions.”

“Can’t you remember any minion attacking your chest?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“I have no idea. They attacked me from everywhere that I couldn’t even remember to look at it.”

“Man, that’s a whole chaos,” remarked Greenie.

“Now the thing that worries me is that I don’t know how can I say to Mom…”

Scootaloo went up to her.

“Don’t worry. We’ll go and see your mother together and explain everything.”

“Will she believe me?” asked Melody in doubt.

Meanwhile, at a place in the Everfree Forest, deep in a dark cave…

“Well, well, well, my minions,” the evil voice of Queen Myra boomed. “Looks like you all failed to capture Melody Aurora again, huh?”

“We couldn’t.”

“But, I somehow scratched her magical charm,” another minion said.

“Oh, is it? Lend me your hoof.” Using magic, she gathered fragments of the scratched charm and kept them in a bottle, ready for research.

“I could never get Melody Aurora myself, but at least, I’ve got a bit of her charm. Now I shall investigate the content of this great charm that hindered my kidnapping task eight years ago. Then, I shall begin my ultimate quest in conquering this whole universe! Ah-ha-ha-ha…”