• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 14

It was one typical afternoon in Ponyville.

At Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie’s home, Pepper Flake was busily making her cake, at the same time humming. Suddenly, she heard an extraordinary noise from upstairs.

“What’s that sound?” asked Pepper as she put down her tools, cleaned her hooves and went upstairs to check.

The noise came from her brothers’ room. When she opened the door, she found her brothers Peanut Butter and Pizza Frenzy singing at the top of their voices, accompanied by music. In fact they were singing to the songs of Sapphire Shores, the Pony of Pop. They were too excited in their singing that they didn’t notice their sister watching them from the door. When they finished, the brothers jumped with surprise when they turned around and saw Pepper clapping.

“Good show,” said Pepper.

“Whoa, really?” asked Peanut. “We actually decided to do it out of boredom.”

“That’s what happens when we got nothing to do and one of us would come up with fantastic ideas,” agreed Pizza.

“That was nice,” said Pepper. “Although we do cause trouble sometimes…” And they all laughed.

“Hey, Pepper,” began Peanut. “I was thinking of an idea…”

“What is it?”

“If anypony can be as popular as Sapphire Shores or any music group like the Ponytones, then we can form a musical band! I’ve been thinking about that a few days ago.”

“A musical band? That’s a good idea!”

“He talked this to me like about yesterday,” added Pizza. “He said that he might need to gather some of our friends to form it.”

“You’re right,” agreed Pepper. “Our singing talents may not be enough, so we just need a little help from our friends!”



“Yeah! Why don’t we discuss it later?” asked Peanut.

“Sure, but first, why don’t you help me to bake my cake and prepare the dinner?”

Pizza gasped deeply. “Cake? I’M COMING!!!” he obliged excitedly. The brothers managed to turn off their karaoke set before coming down to help Pepper.

Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie arrived home on time to have dinner with their children. During dinner, Peanut Butter started to talk.

“Hey, Mom, Dad, I was thinking about something,” began Peanut.

“What is it, son?” asked Cheese.

“I was thinking of forming a musical band with my friends,” continued Peanut. “I talked this to Pepper and Pizza so I was wondering if I can get some of our friends to help.”

“That’s really hard to tell,” said Pinkie. “There are some of them who aren’t really interested in this kind of stuff, you know.”

“We know that,” went on Pepper. “But if we didn’t ask them, then we would never know whether they’re interested or not!”

“I see about that,” concluded Cheese. “I don’t oppose your idea, so I hope that you all may be successful in recruiting some of your friends. If you can perform your first ever concert, Pinkie and I will be glad to watch you all.”

“Yeah! I’d love to see you all perform,” added Pinkie.

“Yeah! Thanks, Mom and Dad,” said Pizza.

The next day, at Sugarcube Corner, at work, Pepper told the Cakes on her and her brothers’ plan.

“Oh, really?” asked Mrs Cup Cake, surprised.

“So you and your brothers want to perform here someday?” confirmed Mr Carrot Cake.

“Yup! In fact we’re going to make Equestria know us!”

“You do really got that amazing talent to do that, don’t you, lil’ Pepper?” joked Pound Cake.

“You and your brothers remind me of aunty Pinkie Pie,” told Pumpkin Cake. “She used to play and sing with Pound and me. In fact, I remember her as the best babysitter we’ve ever had!”

“And you remind me of that lil’ Malinae,” added Pepper, referring to her unicorn appearance. “Inheritance does run between us ponies after all!”

Everypony in the kitchen laughed.

Later, Pepper went to help out at her grandparents’ rock farm as she went there to work as part-time. Assisting her was Lapis Lazuli, who was her aunt, Maud Pie’s daughter. Her cutie mark is a lapis lazuli rock.

“So you want to form a band?” asked Lapis after hearing her cousin’s story.

“Yep! In fact everypony’s gonna love our style!”

“Ooh! I’d love to come for a concert of yours someday.” Lapis was different from her cool mother – she was more passionate and enthusiastic.

“But we hadn’t started it yet…”

“Not now, silly. When you’ve become popular, release your first music album and announce your concert, then I’ll come!”

“Oh, yeah? You bet!”

“What’s all the commotion here?” asked Maud Pie as she approached the cousins all of a sudden.

“Mom, did you know that? Pepper’s gonna form a music band!” replied Lapis, and she told her everything.

“Oh, is that so?” continued Maud, still having her cool yet warm-hearted attitude for all those years. “Then all the best for you. I guarantee that your band surely rocks.”

“Aunty Maud, I love the way you compare anything to rocks!” giggled Pepper, which made Lapis laugh as well.

Maud smiled as she watched her daughter and her niece being together.

Author's Note:

So, the pilot chapter to the third arc is here. Didn't think I wrote it short, though. But I promise that I can write the next chapter longer. :)