• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 1,731 Views, 25 Comments

The Tale of Discord - lingonberries



Discord has turned Ponyville to pure chaos, taken away the sun and moon, and kidnapped Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence! He only requests 1 mare to be his bride in return. Who will volunteer to be The Lord of Chaos' wife?

  • ...
31
 25
 1,731

The Request

Fluttershy and Twilight ran over to the large group of people gathered before the King of Chaos.
"Ah, the Element of Magic and the Element of Kindness. Glad you could make it!" Discord snapped his fingers and a glass of chocolate milk appeared in his claw. He leaned his head back and took a sip. Fluttershy noticed that he drank the glass instead of the milk. "Alright everypony, I have come to make an offer. You see the sky?" Everypony nodded; Who could miss it? "You see your town?" Everypony took a quick look at the state of Ponyville; the orange and purple polka dotted ground; the licorice trees; the flying pigs; and nodded. "You know that the princesses are imprisoned?" Everypony nodded again, but this time, with a sadder look. It almost looked like they were imprisoned themselves, Fluttershy thought. "Ok, citizens of Ponyville - Here's my request: In exchange for your day/night cycle, your normal town, and your princesses, I want one mare. Just one, to be my wife." Everypony gasped and started talking to one another. Discord summoned a bolt of lightning made of caramel and had it strike right behind the throne he was seated upon, which caught everypony's attention again. "This mare must come of her own free will, and she must be willing to marry me. Think about it - it's a great deal! One mare, just one, in exchange for your sky, your town, and three princesses!" Everypony started chattering at once again, and Discord summoned some ketchup flavored ice cream to entertain himself while the ponies talked. When he finished, he summoned a second lightning strike, this one made of cotton candy. It didn't cease to catch everypony's attention again. "If I do not have a volunteer by precisely 11:59 PM on Saturday, then your town will stay like this forever, plus your princesses will stay imprisoned forever. If anypony wishes to speak to me, I may be found in that castle in the Everfree Forest." Discord pointed at a huge castle with an upside-down polka dotted door surrounded by flying pigs. "It's your decision, but you have to Make the Right Choice, everypony. " Then he looked straight at Fluttershy.