• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 1,730 Views, 25 Comments

The Tale of Discord - lingonberries



Discord has turned Ponyville to pure chaos, taken away the sun and moon, and kidnapped Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence! He only requests 1 mare to be his bride in return. Who will volunteer to be The Lord of Chaos' wife?

  • ...
31
 25
 1,730

The Dissappearance

At first, Fluttershy had trouble comprehending everything that Discord had said. He wanted a single mare to be his wife in exchange for Ponyville's and the sky's ordinariness and the princesses! He also said that if there wasn't a volunteer by 11:59 PM Saturday, Ponyville would be crazy forever! And at the end, he had said to Make the Right Choice, which was the same thing that Fluttershy's note had said! She couldn't believe it! It was Discord who had left that mysterious note in Fluttershy's kitchen! Somehow, Fluttershy managed to get back to her cottage and flop onto her bed to think it over. Only one mare...

When she really thought it over, Fluttershy didn't think that she had a true purpose in Ponyville. Applejack had Sweet Apple Acres and Applebloom to take care of, Rarity had her own fashion line, Rainbow Dash flew with the Wonderbolts, Pinkie Pie had everyone to entertain, and Twilight was an alicorn princess! But she, Fluttershy, didn't feel like she had a purpose. Yeah, she had a bunch of pets, but so what? Anyone can have a pet. A single tear fell from Fluttershy's perfect lashes. She knew what she had to do.

When Fluttershy woke up, she was thinking about taking a day off and sleeping in at home, but then she remembered what she promised herself to do last night. She took a deep breath and started to write a note for her friends, telling them her last goodbyes. Then, she gave all the animals a hug, grabbed her sweater, and stepped out the door.


"PINKIE! COME QUICK!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "FLUTTERSHY'S GONE!" Pinkie Pie hurtled out her door and came to a stop next to Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight.
"What happened?!" Pinkie Pie shouted. "Was she kidnapped by an army of cupcakes??"
"That's highly unlikely, Pinkie..." Rainbow muttered. "But this is serious, so no joking around, Miss Pie!" Pinkie Pie sighed sadly.
"Fine..." The 5 friends dashed over to Fluttershy's cottage to check for any evidence of anything.
Not even a minute before they had been inside the cottage, Twilight said,"Hey, everypony, I found a note! Everyone gathered behind Twilight so they could see it.