• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 1,730 Views, 25 Comments

The Tale of Discord - lingonberries



Discord has turned Ponyville to pure chaos, taken away the sun and moon, and kidnapped Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence! He only requests 1 mare to be his bride in return. Who will volunteer to be The Lord of Chaos' wife?

  • ...
31
 25
 1,730

The Beginning

Author's Note:

Hi everypony! This is my first time ever writing a fanfic! I hope you like it, and I also hope you leave comments/ reviews/ constructive criticism! Also, don't forget to read Rainbow Dash vs Derpy Hooves by FluttershyLover2003! :3

Fluttershy gasped and sat up in her bed. She was drenched in a cold sweat, shaking from head to hoof. Her heart was racing, considering the dream she had just woken up from. Discord, she thought. Discord was the Spirit of Chaos. 1000 years ago, he had tried to take over Equestria, but Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had managed to stop him and turn him to stone. But, then, he broke out of his stone encasement and came to Ponyville to turn everything to, well, chaos. Fluttershy and her 5 friends had then managed to defeat him again and turn him to stone for the second time. But, rumor has it that he broke out of the stone for the second time! Fluttershy was very worried that he would terrorize Equestria again, now that he was free. She then decided that she needed some breakfast, so she slid out of bed and went to her kitchen. As she was taking out the oats from the cupboard, she heard soft footsteps behind her. She whizzed around, worried, but it was only Angel. She sighed. "Fluttershy, you have to be braver than this!" she scolded herself. Angel then hopped up onto the counter and pointed outside, tapping his foot. "What is it, Angel?" She glanced outside. It was pitch black, no sun, no moon, only a few stars scattered here and there. She then looked at the wall clock. It said that it was 8:21 AM. "Hmm, the sun should've been up hours ago!" Fluttershy wondered aloud. Angel nodded, then imitated reading a newspaper. "You think I should read the newspaper today?" He nodded, and then imitated, well, Fluttershy guessed it was a princess? "You want me to buy the Canterlot Times?" He nodded and pointed at the door, tapping on the screen of his watch with his other hand. "Ok, I'll hurry..." Fluttershy ran out the door and was greeted by a blast of cold wind. "On second thought, I'm going to bring a sweater," she voiced aloud.

As soon as her sweater was on, she took off into the night. She couldn't see much at first, but then her eyes adapted to the dark and she could see what was going on down below. Ponies were out on the streets, whispering and glancing nervously towards the Everfree Forest. Fluttershy made her descent by the news stand and asked for the Canterlot Times.
"That will be 4 bits, please." The news-pony said.
"4 bits for a newspaper?" Fluttershy gawked.
"Yeah. Since so many ponies wanted it, we raised the price. You want it or not?" Fluttershy nodded and handed him 4 bits, then put her newspaper in her saddlebag and started to look for a bench. As she walked, she heard snips of conversations from the worried ponies around her.
"What should we do?"
"Oh, I hope they're alright..." Then, all of a sudden, a certain pegasus with a rainbow mane leaped into the air and screamed.
"Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy flew over to her and grabbed her hoof.
"Wha-"
"I need to talk to you, Dashie. Just follow me!" Fluttershy led her to her cottage and pulled her inside. They flopped down on the sofa and Fluttershy immediately turned to face her friend. "What's going on? I bought a copy of the Canterlot Times, but I haven't had a second to look at it yet!" Rainbow Dash shrugged.
"Take a look at the headline on the front page." Fluttershy opened her saddlebag and took out the paper. She unrolled it and gasped as she took in the front page.