• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 4,118 Views, 45 Comments

A Human In Equestria - ABoyNamedAlex



A human named Alex falls into the magical world of Equestria and soon gets more than he bargained for. Now he must make new friends and save their world from the darkness that strays in it.

  • ...
31
 45
 4,118

Confrontation

I moved towards the castle. The night air was still fresh and the sent of fresh air met my lungs like a breeze on a hot day. I walked into the castle and opened the door to the tower that led up to Celestia's room. My only resolve was to tell her about Chrysalis. This could pose a threat and could get many innocent ponies killed. I stepped up the steps two at a time to get there quick. I came up to the door and it had been fixed from the last time I kicked it in. I knocked twice on the door. I did not get a response. I knocked again but still got no response. I looked under the door to find a small flickering light and I herd the quiet snore of Celestia. Apparently she had already gone to sleep. I slipped the key to the library under the door and turned and walked down the stairs. I went to Luna's room and found here asleep as well. I knew I could only do one thing. I left a note for her explaining myself and what I was going to do. Then I went to the armory in the dungeon of the castle. I picked out a knife, sword, crossbow and bolts, throwing knives and then I found a mask. It was the mouth part of a skull but the teeth seemed to go around the entire front of the mask. I grabbed it and fit it over my mouth. It muffled my breath so that I could not be herd. I grabbed all my weapons and fit them on. Soon I was ready to go. I walked out of the front of the castle to find the sun slowly beginning to rise. I would have to move quick before all of Equestria awoke from their sleep. I put my jackets hood up to hide my face. Only the mask I wore was visible. I looked quiet frightening. I slowly made my way down the mountain, this mission required only me knowing so taking a short cut to Ponyville was not an option.

When I reached the bottom of the mountain the sun was almost up and I could tell morning was beginning. I quickly ran on a path towards the direction of Ponyville. I came up on the outskirts of the city. Here the library where I first met Twilight stood. I walked to the front door and was just about to knock when something stopped me. I thought for a minuet and knew I could not walk in normally. I climbed the tree/library and got in through Twilight's bedroom window. Spike and Twilight were still asleep. I crept past them downstairs. I flipped through a few books to try to find out where Chrysalis lived. I eventually found it. The last place where her and her changeling army had a strong hold was deep in the Everfree forest. I closed the book and crawled out the way I came.

I looked up at the dark trees of the wood. I walked forward with only one thing in mind. I was going to stop Chrysalis from hurting the ones I cared about. All of my friends that helped me in my adventures here. I was going to kill her. I walked forward. I seemed to walk for hours. Soon I came up on some things which told me I was getting close. Things that seemed out of place. Green puddles on the ground and bogs of green bile. I continued onward. I came up past some trees and saw my target. Chrysalis. She and her followers were dwelling in an open clearing surrounded by caves. Changelings were zipping in and out of the caverns like bees in a hive. There were two ways I could do this. I could try stealth or try to hit her head on. Stealth did not seem like much of an option. I walked out of the bushes and was automatically swarmed by the things. They formed a circle around me hissing and bearing jagged teeth at me. I lowered my head a little so that none of them could tell I was human. Then there was a part in the group. Their queen walked forward walking straight up to me. If there was a chance to dispatch her, now would be it, but I hesitated.

"Oh look, children, look who has arrived. The one that will help us in our goal. But something seems different, out of place. Oh yes, I know." she said.

Chrysalis flicked one of her legs up hitting me in the jaw sending me to the ground while knocking my hood off in the process. I looked up at her. She seemed to be surprised to see me like this. I had to admit, the mask was a little bit much.

"Its good to see you again, Alex. What is with the mask? It makes you look mean and evil. That doesn't suit you. Take it off." she said in a tone that sounded like and order.

I stood up and removed the mask revealing a small trickle of blood from my lip where she hit me. Fear began to fill me when I looked into her green eyes. I thought of Luna, my friends and what I came here to do. Anger and hate filled my mind and I stared her down.

"Why do you look so angry, child? You have freed yourself from the Equestrian hold. You should be happy." she said

"I did not come here to join you, I came here to kill you." I said pulling out my sword.

Most of the changelings in the circle backed up a step and hissed loudly, but Chrysalis stood her ground showing no fear.

"Come to kill me, how comical. You could never bring yourself to do it." she said.

My body froze. I had never taken another life before. I had never even killed a mouse. I had killed bugs though. That was easy. But killing something with a personality was a lot harder. Chrysalis saw the weakness in me and knew she hit the nail on the head. I dropped the sword to the ground with a clang.

"What will you do, Alex? If you attack, my darlings will be on you before you can blink. But I will give you one last chance. Join me." she said.

My brain was reeling. I could not think straight. The ring of Aroc was vibrating under my shirt. Then I gave in. She had me beat.

"Fine, I will join you." I said.

Chrysalis looked pleased with herself. She walked up to me and nuzzled me in the stomach.

"You will not regret this decision, Alex. We will rule this land as queen and king." she whispered in my ear.

That's when I reacted. I pulled the knife out as fast as I could and dug it into her shoulder. I moved faster than I thought I could. Prolonged exposure to the ring must heighten your strength or something. Chrysalis screamed out in pain. I quickly pulled the knife from her shoulder. The wound was not fatal but she was injured none the less. I sheathed the knife and sprinted for the trees. I busted through the bushes running from the hoard of changelings behind me. I ran faster than I had ever thought possible. I jumped over logs like it was nothing and dodging trees was almost second nature. I ripped through a wall of bushes into an open field between the Everfree forest and Ponyville. I did not stop running till I had reached the city. I jumped into an ally way and looked in the direction of the forest. Apparently the changelings did not follow me out of the forest. That was good. I stood there for a while trying to catch my breath, I looked around and saw a poster. I walked over to see what it said and saw it was a missing persons poster. It was for me. It said:

Alex McGrath has been missing since last night. If you see him, tell him the princesses wish for him to return. There will be a cash reward for any information on his whereabouts.

I backed away from the poster. I had only been missing for a few hours and Luna was already worried about me. A pang of guilt hit my body. I was probably worrying her to the point of desperation. I walked through the back ally ways of Ponyville trying not to catch that much attention. I saw a cart leaving for Canterlot(where the castle is by the way.) and hid among the goods and other things. When the cart landed I got out and walked to the front of the castle. I opened the doors and saw ponies running back and forth carrying more copies of the poster of me. I walked through them and none of them seemed to notice me. I went into the hall to find Luna screaming at a guard.

"What!? What do you mean you still have not found him!? I send you and your team to look for him and all you give me is CRAP!" she screamed.

"I'm sorry your majesty, my men are looking for him everywhere but there is no sign of him." the guard said with his head bowed in a submissive way.

"Quit giving me CRAP!" Luna screamed at him again.

"Quit yelling at the poor guard. You should only be angry with me, not him." I said from a distance.

Luna looked at me from her spot with surprise. She jumped at me from her spot while yelling "ALEX" over and over again. She barreled into me almost knocking the breath out of me. She was laying on my chest(just like Celestia did) and refused to move an inch. She buried her face into my chest crying tears of joy.

"I-I-I thought I would n-n-never see you a-a-again A-A-Alex!" she said between sobs, the guard ran off to spread the news that I had returned.

Luna asked where I had gone and I told her the story of the last few hours. I told her that I went hunting for Chrysalis and that I had planned on killing her. I told her I had wounded her and then ran. I told her I was sorry for worrying her so much. She stared at me, her eyes peering at me behind the tears. Looking at them made me feel more guilt.

"Its okay, Alex, I forgive you. You tried to do what was right. I am just happy that you are home safe and sound." she said.

I herd the bang of doors opening behind me. Luna stood up quickly and I was attacked by the vicious grip of yet another princess barreling into me at top speed. Celestia was talking a little more quicker than Luna did but she wasn't crying her eyes out.

"ALEX! I missed you so much! I thought you had left me forever and you were never going to return! As soon as I found out you were missing I had the printers make missing posters of you while Luna sent the guards to search for you! PLEASE PROMISS ME YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE AGAIN!" she said.

Celestia was crushing my lungs. Luna tried to get her off of me but could not make her budge. I eventually told her to get off and that she was hurting me and she bolted off like something had static shocked her. I got back up, Celestia saw the weapons I was carrying and asked why I had them. I then informed her of my story of the past few hours telling her everything I had done.

"I see. So Chrysalis has come to try and take the city from us to reach her goal." Celestia said.

"Yea, she has an entire army of minions at her disposal. I was lucky to get out alive." I told her.

"But not without a price." Celestia said.

I asked her what was wrong. She nuzzled my chest and it was covered in dried blood. I pulled my jacket and shirt off and found that I had three deep cuts on my chest that were almost fully healed.

"The wounds are most definitely fresh. How did they heal so quickly? And where did you get them from?" Luna asked.

"I must have gotten it when I ran out of the clearing where the changelings are. One of them must have got me as I was running away. I wonder why I did not feel it though?" I asked.

Then a thought came to mind. I looked down and the ring was still on the string around my neck.

"I have a theory. Maybe long time exposure to this ring may increase your strength, speed, agility and healing." I told them.

"That is possible, maybe you have absorbed some of Aroc's powers from the ring. When the original beings destroyed him he sealed up all of his powers and sealed them into that ring. Maybe what you say is true. Maybe you will be able to use black magic like Aroc did." Luna said.

I looked down at my hands. They had some blood stains on them, both my blood and Chrysalis's. I had no idea what was going to happen next. All I knew was that something big was going to happen, and it was going to be on a massive scale. I had attacked Chrysalis and she was probably not going to let this go unanswered. I may had just kick-started a war.