• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 4,118 Views, 45 Comments

A Human In Equestria - ABoyNamedAlex



A human named Alex falls into the magical world of Equestria and soon gets more than he bargained for. Now he must make new friends and save their world from the darkness that strays in it.

  • ...
31
 45
 4,118

Wedding

It had been a few days since the argument. Cadence and Shining Armor were not talking and Cadence spent most of her time in her room while Armor spent most of his time in the garden or in the courtyard. Soon the week of the wedding was upon us. Monday came and the wedding of me and Luna was set for Wednesday. I had a strange feeling in my stomach for some reason. Maybe it was regret for getting into things with Cadence. I don't know. Those two are not my problem at the moment. Right now I had to wonder what Aroc meant by I was not following his plan. Why did he want to kill all the ponies in Equestria? Something must have really messed him up. I was outside in the garden. Armor was not there. That was good for me. Right now all I wanted was myself. I needed time to think this over. I could tell that the next moves in my life were going to be crucial for me. I tried to think, but every time I close my eyes I would see Aroc's face looking at me. I felt the burning in my brain again. I grab my head and screamed out in pain. My eyes began to close. I felt my body hit the hard granite floor of the garden. My entire body felt like it was burning but my skin was ice cold. I fell of the edge of the map. I was gone. The darkness was calling me. It was pulling me back. I think I'm going insane. I was back in the darkness now. I was looking at Aroc again.

"It seems your back." he said.

"You keep bringing me here. Why?" I asked.

"I am giving you one last chance. Kill them. Kill them all and return to the life you once lived." he said.

"I told you I will ask for your opinion if I want it." I told him.

"Your making a mistake, Alex. Keep following this path and you will become a monster, more than the one you already are." he said.

"I am not a monster." I said.

"YOU ARE NOTHING!" he yelled at me.

I just stared at him.

"Your right, maybe I am nothing. But soon I will mean something to someone. Soon." I said.

"Ha, why do you blind yourself, Alex?"

"Because sometimes ignorance is better than knowledge." I replied.

"I guess your right." he said.

"I am happy we have come to an understanding, and by the way. Some notice before you pull me into this again. This time it was really painful." I said.

"Ha, weak human. Go, leave this place and return to the place you were before." he said.

He was gone. I was alone in the darkness. I opened my eyes and I was in a bed. I looked around and a pony in a nurse outfit was looking through some papers.

"What is going on?" I asked.

She turned to me and looked with astonishment.

"Well, it seems your awake. I'm not sure what happened to you, but one of the guards found you collapsed in the garden. It is good that you are awake but I would just prescribe a day in bed. Just rest for today and you should feel better tomorrow." she said.

"Okay, your orders." I said.

Then the door opened. Cadence was standing there dressed in a similar nurse outfit.

"Ah, it seems my assistant is here. Princess Cadence is here to take care of you. She will be your bedside maid. If you need anything just tell her." the nurse said.

I new what this was. This was nothing but an excuse to repay me for helping her when I probably ruined her life. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. Maybe if I just slept through this I would not have to deal with her wrath. I herd the clop of hoofs and opened my eyes again. Cadence was looking down at me, with a look that would have killed me if it could.

"What? You got something to say? If you do, say it." I told her.

She just looked at me. Her eyes bearing down into me. Then she smiled. It was and angry smile, at least I think it was. Then something happened. I had a feeling in my mind. It was a small tugging. I felt a smile creep onto my face. I felt my eyes go wide and I stared her straight in the face.

"Well?" I asked.

She just turned and walked away. But before she did she said one thing:

"Don't worry about anything, Alex. I will always be there for you. I will always be there when you need it the most. Just like you were with me." she said and walked and sat down in the corner, not letting me out of her sight.

The smile faded from my face. The tugging was gone now, faded back into the depths of my mind. I sat up and looked at Cadence. I asked her whats wrong and her mood seemed to change. She just smiled and said that she's fine. I didn't believe her, not in the slightest. I pulled the cover farther over me and pulled them over my head to escape her gaze. I laid under the covers until Cadence pulled them off of me and told me I would suffocate if I kept them over my face. I knew that she meant well but she was really starting to freak me out. Even though I had the covers over my body I was cold. I shivered. Cadence walked up next to me and asked if I was fine. I told her that everything was okay and that I was fine, but she just stood there. Then she crawled under the covers with me.

"You seem cold, let me warm you up." she said as she poped her head from under the covers.

"Um, that's fine, I'm okay." I said even though I wasn't.

I wish I could have gotten up and left, but Cadence seemed insistent and wouldn't move an inch. I told her to get off and that Armor would be pissed if he saw what she was doing.

"Armor is nothing to me now. We have both agreed on it. We are getting the divorce papers filled out as we speak and will be signing them tomorrow." she said.

"You cant do that! Armor loves you, Cadence and you love him! Why must you blind yourself?" I asked, anger filling my voice.

"Oh come now, Alex, quit being so stupid! If he really loved me don't you think he would have asked if we could put this behind us and move on?" she said.

She was standing over me on the bed now, her face filled with anger and hate.

"I think its your fault, Alex. You are the reason why this has happened. This entire world would be better if you never showed up in it! Even Luna and Celestia admit it!" she said.

My mind froze. What did she mean? Did Luna and Celestia really think that? Was I turning this world inside out? Then I remembered who I was talking to. This mare cheated on her husband, I cant trust her. With a quick movement of my leg I knocked her off of me. She fell over on the floor with a loud bump. I sat up in the bed, got up and walked towards the door. She bit the hood of my hoodie and said in a muffled voice:

"Oh no you don't, your not going anywhere." she said.

I turned around and jerked the hood from her mouth. I ran towards the door and busted out of it. I was still in the castle but it must have been a hospital wing. There were doctors and nurses walking around, taking care of patients and filling out papers. I walked through the halls and finally found my way back into the main part of the castle. The halls were dressed up for the wedding. There were blue and black flowers everywhere and ponies with wings flying around putting them into place. I wondered around and helped some of them get the decorations straight. I walked into the main hall where the actual wedding would be taking place. The entire room was top to bottom decorated with so many things. The alter was properly prepared for the wedding. There was still two days left and yet everything looked done. I guess they were trying to get it all done today so they would not have to worry about it later. I walked past all the hustle and bustle and decided to take that day off the nurse had prescribed me in the privacy of my own room. I finally found it and walked in. the room looked normal but on a manikin was the suit I would be wearing for the wedding. It was the same one I wore to the party the held for me and the one I came into this world in. There were still a few rips and tears in it that had been sewed up and were almost impossible to see. I stepped away from the suit and laid down on my bed. My eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to something poking me in the ribs. I woke up and Spike was next to me, telling me to wake up.

"Come on, Alex wake up! Today is your last day of being single and we have to celebrate!" he said.

"Why, why cant I just stay in bed?"

"Because today is your bachelor party! And since I'm your best man, I already picked out your groomsmen. Some of the best guys I know. Come on, they are all waiting for you at the library. We have to go!" Spike said pulling me out of bed and onto the floor.

I told him to chill, that I was going. I asked him why today was my last day of being single. He told me I slept through yesterday and last night. I must have been tired. Either way, Spike led the way out of the castle and we both boarded a cart heading for Ponyville. I stared off into the distance while Spike kept telling me about all of the stuff we were going to do together. Then we reached Ponyville. The cart dropped us off in front of the library and a bunch of stallions were out front waiting for us. One of them I recognized. I had seen him when I was working at Sweet Apple Acres. His name was Big Mac. I later found out that the others were some pony named Blue Blood and another called Flack Jacket. Apparently Blue Blood was a prince and Flack Jacket was a soldier. I had no idea who these ponies were so I just went along with the day. We went all over Ponyville, eating, drinking, getting into fights, and for some reason, I now have a black lightning bolt tattooed on my back. After a while I lost track of what was going on. All I know is that I woke up that night in the library with a murderous headache and sore spots all over my body. I saw Spike dead asleep on the floor and everybody else doing the same. I stood up and stumbled out of the library. Some guards found me and took me back to the castle. I moved back to my room(or at least I think it was.) and passed out.

I woke up standing up with ponies around me putting pants on me. Apparently I had overslept a little and the wedding was in half an hour. Crap. I told them that I could get dressed by myself and to go and help somebody else. I finished putting on my clothes and made my hair look somewhat presentable. As soon as I was done I pulled on my fathers dress shoes(Hey! I was wondering where those went!) and walked down to the main hall. My groomsmen were waiting for me. I joined them at the alter. I stood there for what seemed like forever. Then music that everybody new started playing. The grand doors opened and and Luna's bridesmaids walked in in a line. There was Celestia, Twilight, Cadence(surprise, surprise.) and another mare who was unrecognizable. Then Luna came. She looked beautiful. She had a blue wedding gown on and I could not even describe how beautiful she looked. The dress seemed to have matching gems in it as well. Then everybody took their positions. Celestia moved from the other bridesmaids and stood where the priest would normally stand. I guess the ruler of Equestria had to do this sort of thing.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this mare and this human I holey Matrimony, in front of both the ruler of this land and this company. Do you, Alex McGrath, take this mare as your lawfully wedded wife? Will you lover her, comfort her, honor her, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep only her, as long as you both shall live?" she asked.

"I will." I said.

"And do you, Luna, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honor him, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep only him, as long as you both shall live?" she asked Luna.

"I will." she replied.

"Good, you may now reveal your vows to each other." Celestia said.

CRAP! I had forgotten to right my vows! Crap, how could I be so stupid!

"Luna, the minuet I saw you, I felt something. It was like I had found the one for me. I saw a flash in your eyes and I knew I would someday marry you. Now the time has come, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you." I said, improvising.

"Alex, the first time I heard there was a human in Equestria, I thought my sister was pulling my leg. Then, when I walked in and saw you standing there, I felt a spark in my heart. I was hit by love at first sight. That is one of the most powerful feelings in the world. I look froward to loving you till the end of time." she said.

"Now, if anybody has any reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace." Celestia continued.

The air became hot. I could barely breathe. This was the time that lovers feared the most. The time that when the entire room had a chance to speak. I held my breath. Then the worst thing happened. I herd the doors open. The entire crowed looked over and saw the one thing nobody wanted to see. Chrysalis was standing there. She was also wearing a dress that looked like something she would wear. It looked like a wedding dress of some sort, but it looked ripped, but I looked like it was supposed to look like that. She had made herself look good. The entire crowd gasped.

"Oh please, don't stop because of me. I'm just here to take my husband home with me."