• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 4,118 Views, 45 Comments

A Human In Equestria - ABoyNamedAlex



A human named Alex falls into the magical world of Equestria and soon gets more than he bargained for. Now he must make new friends and save their world from the darkness that strays in it.

  • ...
31
 45
 4,118

Loving the Night

Celestia seemed surprised when she found out that we had found something. I pulled the ring from my pocket and showed it to her. I told her that Luna and I believed that it was the ring of Aroc. She said that we both did a commendable job of recovering the ring.

"Alright, Alex. I have a new job for you. You are the rings protector. You are to keep it with you at all times and make sure it does not fall in the wrong hands." Celestia said.

"Okay, I will." I replied.

Celestia looked down on us like she could tell something was wrong. She asked us if everything was fine and we said we were fine. She looked at the both of us with a distrustful and suspicious look. My heart began to beat a little faster. What would she do if she found out that me and Luna kissed? Would she banish me? Kill me? Or worse. My palms began to grow clammy and sweaty. Then the doors to the throne room opened behind us and Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Spike an two others I did not know walked in. One of the ponies I did not know had a blue body and a rainbow colored mane and tail with wings. The other had a yellow body and a light pink mane and tail and wings.

"Hey, Alex! Its good to see you again. The princess told me what she sent you off to do something and I got worried, but it seems like you made it back okay." she said.

Twilight walked up to me and introduced me to the two ponies I did not know. The one with rainbow hair was Rainbow Dash and the other was Flutter Shy. Rainbow Dash seemed really out there and proud of who she was. Flutter Shy seemed more reserved. They told me that they had something planned for me later tonight, but they would not say what. I wonder why. Then I looked around and found that Luna was nowhere to be seen.

After talking to the girls for about an hour, I looked outside and noticed the sun had gone down and night was setting in. Then a guard walked up to me with a message.

"Princess Luna requires you in the garden, go there immediately." he said.

I told him that I was going there now and wondered what she could want. Maybe it was another useless apology for earlier. I told her that it was fine but she just wont let it go. I exited the castle into a garden area that was filled with bushes and flowers of every kind. The night was filled with the millions of needle point dots that I knew were stars. The quarter moon shined high in the sky. I walked around some and found Luna sitting on a stone bench looking up at the stars.

"You sent for me, princess?" I said.

"Come now, Alex. I'm sure it will be fine if we are on a first name basis." she replied without looking at me.

She told me to sit with her so I moved next to her and sat down. The bench was cold and hard, adding to the tension in the air between us.

"There is something I must tell you, Alex. I was reading my sister's diary and the only thing she seemed to be talking about was you. I fear if she finds out what I did, she would banish me back to the moon." she said looking over at me with sad eyes.

"Its okay, Luna. I don't know your sister that much but I'm sure she would never do anything so drastic over me." I told her, trying to reassure her.

"That would not be my diagnosis, not from what I read. She is already fantasizing about marrying you." Luna replied, her voice growing sadder with every word.

"Why does this distress you so much, Luna? Your a princess, you could have your pick of any of the entire population of Equestria and yet your sister wanting to marry me disturbs you. Why?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"Its because, I love you, Alex. The moment I saw you my heart jumped into my throat. I could barely breathe. I don't know what came over me, but I felt as if I was drawn to you." she said.

Her words settled down on my mind and we both sat there for what seemed like hours. Then I spoke.

"I had a similar feeling when I saw you too, Luna. I saw a sparkle in your eyes and I felt a twinge in my brain." I told her.

With that she looked over to me and smiled. Her mane was beautiful in the moonlight. She leaned over and kissed my on the cheek. She then laid her head down on my legs and closed her eyes.

"Never leave, Alex. Please never leave this world." she said.

"I will always be here, Luna. I will protect you from your sister." I told her. Sleep began to drift into me when I herd a voice.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. Having fun you two?" I herd the voice speak form behind us.

Luna snapped awake. We both turned to see Celestia standing behind us with a triumphant look on her face.

"I knew you would do something like this sister, you have always tried to take everything from me. I should have left you on the moon. I think another 1000 years will make you learn your lesson." she said.

Luna and me both stood up. Luna had her head down in shame. Celestia began to walk towards her with a murderous look in her eye and that same smug smile on her face. Just before she reached her I stepped in front of her and blocked her path.

"Stand aside, Alex. This does not concern you." she said trying to sound as nice as possible.

"You will not touch her. She is innocent, she has done nothing wrong." I told Celestia, anger rising in my voice.

With a quick movement, she turned and kicked me in the stomach with her hind legs. I fell to my knees. The air had been knocked out of me. I was gasping for breath. I fell over. I felt my consciousness begin to ebb away. I saw Celestia slap Luna with the back of her hoof. This sight made me pissed. My blood began to boil. I stood up and grabbed Celestia's hoof before she could land another blow.

"Stop this, I think Luna has suffered enough." I said breathlessly.

Celestia looked at me with a look I could not identify. She blushed and pulled away from me. She walked away, but not without giving us a warning. She said that if she caught us doing anything like this again, she would have us banished as far away from each other as possible. I looked over at Luna. She looked okay. Her face was a little red, nothing that was too noticeable. I helped her up.

"I suggest you go back to Ponyville. There is a big party in your honor. You are the first human to ever be in Equestria." she said.

"I am not going anywhere until I know you will be fine." I said.

She told me not to fear that she would be there too. Every pony was invited and there was going to be a huge turnout. I watched her walk away, but not before she spoke again:

"Thank you, Alex. If you were not here, my sister would have done a lot worse." she said.

She told me to get going and that she would see me at the party. I got my breath back and ran to the front of the castle. I boarded a cart pulled by two guards. Before we left I looked up at the castle and saw Luna looking down at me from one of the towers. I looked over to the tower right across form it and saw Celestia doing the same.