• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 4,118 Views, 45 Comments

A Human In Equestria - ABoyNamedAlex



A human named Alex falls into the magical world of Equestria and soon gets more than he bargained for. Now he must make new friends and save their world from the darkness that strays in it.

  • ...
31
 45
 4,118

Changeling

I awoke in Celestia's room. I was laying on her bed, my neck and back hurt and my shirt was unbuttoned. Most people would find this weird but the only thing that I thought was weird was the fact that the enormous bruise that was on my midsection was gone. I felt my chest and there was no pain. What had happened while I was asleep? I stood up to find my white jacket, jeans, black t-shirt and shoes on a chair off to the side. I quickly undressed and redressed. As soon as I got my clothes on my stomach growled. I hadn't had anything to eat since last night and it felt like my stomach was digesting itself. I put forth all of my remaining strength and walked out of the door into a spiral staircase that led down to the main part of the castle. I almost fell a few times but was able to catch myself before I had a chance to get hurt, again. I felt around my pockets and realized I had left the Ring of Aroc(that is what I am now calling it.) upstairs in my other pants pocket. I quickly ran back up stairs, got the ring and was about to walk down the stairs again when I thought of something. If I was going to keep this ring in my pocket I had the risk of loosing it. I looked around Celestia's room for a bit and eventually found some string. I tied the string into a necklace and tied the ring on it. I slipped the necklace over my head with slight difficulty, which was good because then it would not slip off. I made sure the knot was tight and ran down the stairs. I opened the doors to a giant eating hall and found Luna and Celestia waiting for me. I smelled scrambled eggs and toast. My mouth began to water until I almost thought I was going to start drooling.

"Good morning, Alex. How did you sleep last night?" Luna asked.

"I slept fairly well. Had the strangest dream though. I will have to tell you about it later." I replied.

"Well, Alex I have another task for you. My sister wants to have a day in Ponyville to relax and I told her I would send a guard with her for protection but she insisted I send you along with her. I hope that wont be a problem." Celestia said with a slight tone of annoyance in her voice.

"I'm fine with it, its been a while since I had a lot of free time." I said.

"Oh, and by the way. There is a strange pony in Ponyville. She is always seeming to be wearing a hood so we don't know who she is. If you see her, talk to her and see who she is." Celestia added.

"How do you know it's a girl?" I asked.

"Because the voice was said to be that of a mare." she said.

I agreed to take on the task. Me and Luna left and flew to Ponyville. When we landed, Luna was first to get off. She told me that she wanted to go shopping for dresses. This was the first time ever that I saw her acting like a human teenage girl. It came to a surprise to me at first but I got adjusted quickly. We walked around Ponyville for a long time and stopped at lots of stores and bought more things than I could count. We bought dresses, shoes, normal clothes, some strange items I could not identify, and a bunch of other random items. We were done just around noon. We were walking back to the cart when something pulled me into a dark alleyway. It was the mare in the hood.

"You don't have to live under them, Alex. You have the power to topple their entire empire. The power of Aroc's Ring. Join me, and we can free this world and rule it under our names." she said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

But before I knew it, she was gone. Luna appeared out of nowhere asking where I ran off to. I told her nowhere that I had just stumbled over in here and fell. She looked around seeing if anybody was there. She moved towards me. I backed up. My back was soon pressed up against the wall. Luna closed her eyes and leaned forward. My heart was thumping in my ears and I could barely breathe. Soon the distance between our lips was only a step away. Then for a second she opened her eyes. I shoved her away from me. She hit the ground and looked up at me.

"Ow, what was that for, Alex?" she asked.

"Who are you, and what have you done with Luna?" I asked in return.

"What the devil are you talking about, I am Luna!" she said.

"Luna doesn't have green eyes!" I said.

There was a pause. Then the thing I thought was Luna changed. And there stood a strange pony, thing. She had a black body with bug like wings. She had a strange teal blue mane and tail. Her horn was crooked and she had a twisted crown on her head. Her eyes were green and were like those of a cat. My heart rate increased. I began to sweat. She didn't look very strong, why was I so freaked out? She turned away from me and spoke:

"Remember what I told you, Alex." she said, then in a flash, she was gone.

I rejoined Luna(the real one.) at the cart. She asked where I ran off to and I said I just wondered off and got lost. All of the stuff Luna had bought was already being transferred to the castle. Man did I feel sorry for those guards who had to do that. On the way home, my mind wondered. Who was that pony I met in that alleyway, what did she mean by I had the power to topple their empire? What could the Ring of Aroc do? Luna sensed that I was troubled and leaned in close to me and laid her head on my shoulder. I looked over to her and smiled. We road back to the castle without a word.

The minuet I got back to the castle I told Luna I wanted to talk to her about something, but I had to confirm my suspicions first. She told me to be safe. I walked off to the giant library in the lower parts of the castle. I found the doors to be locked. I looked around and thought for a moment. Then I knew who would have a key. I walked up the tower to Celestia's room. I knocked on the door. I got a reply of "who is it?". I told her it was me but she refused to open the door. I told her all I needed was the key to the library. She asked why and I told her I did not have time for a game of 20 questions. She told me that the only way she would give me the key was if I promised to marry her. That's when I got frustrated. I told her I was coming in. She said I would never be able to because it was locked from the inside. That's when I had had enough. Aroc's ring hummed around my neck. I lifted my foot and kicked the door as hard as I could. It swung open with a pronounced bang. I walked in to find Celestia laying on her bed. She looked over at me with surprise in her face.

"Well aren't you a persistent one." she said.

"Just give me the key." I told her.

She said fine and using magic, extracted the ring from a box under her bed. She handed me the key, it was gold and seemed to be about as normal as it got. It was big and had three prongs at the end. Looked like a key from time of the colonies in America. I thanked her and started to walk out when she said:

"Hold on a minuet, you. Is that all the thanks I get for helping you?"

"What do you want then?" I asked getting a little impatient.

"A kiss, on the lips." she said plainly.

I stood there for a second, thinking it over. One kiss couldn't hurt, after all she did for me it was the least I could do.

"Fine, but make it quick." I told her.

She screamed a girly scream and jumped from her bed. She tackled me and and shoved me to the ground. Standing over me she leaned forward and our lips met. She then laid down on top of me and refused to move. She had her eyes closed and was holding this kiss as long as possible. Her lips tasted like candy for some reason. She pulled back from me and opened her eyes. A small string of spit connected our mouths but then broke.

"Well, that was fun, Alex. We should do it more often." she said.

"Just get off." I told her.

She stood up and let me get up. I thanked her again for the key and walked out. I walked down to the library and unlocked the door and walked in. there were rows and rows of books. I ran all over the library and then I found the book I was looking for. The cover said History of Equestria. I opened the book and started scanning through it. Then I found what I was looking for. The text said:

Chrysalis, the changeling queen, can change into any pony she wants to. The same may go for the changelings that follow her. It is said to be a bad omen if you meet her. She is an evil being that will do anything possible to gain power.

I closed the book and put it back. There was no doubt in my mind who that pony was in the alleyway. It was Chrysalis. I walked out of the library and locked the door behind me. I put the key in my pocket not wanting to have another meeting with Celestia's lips. I walked to the garden balcony and looked at the sky. The sun was going down and some of the flowers were closing up for the night. I should have told Celestia about Chrysalis but something was keeping me from doing it. I stood there and watched the sun go down. I pulled the string over my head and held Aroc's Ring in my hand. I untied it from the string and put the ring on my middle finger on my right hand. At first nothing happened. Then I soon felt a rush of power. Flame designs that glowed red spread across my body. The light faded from them and they all turned black. I felt like I had enough power to move mountains. Was this the power of Aroc, and what other powers did this ring hold? I did not trouble myself with those questions. I took the ring off and the flames disappeared. I put it back on the string and put it in its place around my neck. I knew what I was going to do.