• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 1,172 Views, 9 Comments

Still Alive - AngelinaSmith590



Amber leaf lived a perfectly good life with Sombra and her fellow Crystal Ponies, in the Crystal Empire. She loved him, and she still does. Why did he have to study dark magic? Why?

  • ...
2
 9
 1,172

Chapter 3: Sombra

Why did I do it, why?

I sat in the caves I have been imprisoned in ever since Princess Cadence and Prince Shinning Armor defeated me. Every pony thinks I'm dead, but , sadly I am not. I have had a lot of time to think about things. Me, King Sombra, the biggest jerk ever. I miss her, and the Crystal Empire. Amber Leaf, the nicest most amazing pony ever, and I blew it.

I picked power over her, and now I will never see her again.

Every night, I have nightmares about how I made her my slave, and whipped her. I could see the blood dripping off her flanks as I did. And for what? I whipped her because she talked to me...

"Sombra, it's me! Don't you remember? Stop the madness!"

"It's King Sombra, you ungrateful slave!"

I tried to open my eyes, to stop the visions,

"Why?" She looked up at me with great pain.

"Guards! I don't want to hear another word out of her! Ever again!" The guards came and tied a rope in her mouth, so she could not speak.

A single tear rolled down her face, and she closed her eyes.

And I never heard her cheery voice again.

And I never will. . .

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I ran away from her, I broke her heart. And shattered our love to pieces.

Into the snow I ran, to the outskirts of the Crystal Empire. All alone in my thoughts. I wished I could've given Amber a good reason why I left, but she wouldn't understand. No pony would.

I never told her it was dark magic, why didn't I stop when I destroyed the book in The library?

I insisted on being the most powerful being in all of Equestria. And just look where that got me? I looked at my reflection in the ice.

"What have I become?!"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I followed him out into the snow...

"For how long?"

He bowed his head, and looked back at the ice.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I have to destroy this evil inside. I hit the ice with my front hooves.

My reflection started to crack, and I fell through, into the water.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

He fell through the ice, and tears started to well up in my eyes. I watched. In silence.

Waiting for a miracle.

Suddenly he flew up in a green beam of light, his horn was longer, and pointier, with a red tip.

His pupils were red, and his eyes were green. And their was purple mist coming from them. His mane and tail was flowing.

I stood in amazement, and I knew something was wrong. . .