• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 1,171 Views, 9 Comments

Still Alive - AngelinaSmith590



Amber leaf lived a perfectly good life with Sombra and her fellow Crystal Ponies, in the Crystal Empire. She loved him, and she still does. Why did he have to study dark magic? Why?

  • ...
2
 9
 1,171

Chapter 16: The Everfree Forest's many challenges and Discord

"Sombra, Amber Leaf? I thought you two were with Princess Celestia." Princess Cadence was very confused, and explaining to her that Celestia wasn't Celestia was even harder for her to wrap around her brain.

"So we need your help to stop Queen Chrysalis! Are you in?" Twilight asked.

Cadence was dumbfounded."Sure ..I guess?" She shrugged. "But how do you know that it's not just Princess Celestia in a bad mood?"

Amber Leaf stepped up. "Trust me. It's not." She said in a serious tone, shaking her head.

"Ok, so first, we need to infiltrate the castle. And considering that we have two fugatives on our hooves, no offense, it's not going to be easy." Cadence used her magic, and floated over an ink pen and a map of Canterlot, How she got that ..I don't have a clue.

"None taken." Amber and Sombra both said at the same time, and then smiled at each other.

"Here's the plan." Cadence started. "Twilight, do you know where the elements are?"

"Yeah ...." Twilight and the other mane 6 ave a solumn nod. "The everfree forest.....

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Sombra and Amber Leaf were almost halfway to the tree of elements. So far they had been attacked by aligators and poisionous mist-shooting deadly plants, what's worse?

There was an awkward silence, and then Amber broke it. "Hey ...thanks for saving me back there from the aligators .." She smiled bluntly, recalling previous events.

"And thank you for saving my rump form those plants!" They both giggled and smiled, and they were 5 steps loser to the tree of elements.

"No problem!" Discord exclaimed, resting on Amber's shoulder.

Aligators: 10 minutes earlier

Amber and Sombra approached a river, and a path of greenish-grey rocks leading to the other side. "Well, let's go! They need those elements!" Amber said in a determined voice as she started to hop from rock to rock.

until one of those rocks started to move. And then another, and another, and another, untill all of them were moving around.

"S-Sombra!" Amber turned around, to see the land moving further and further away from her- it was not the land that was moving- it was her! "H-help me!" She was terrified.

Sombra was so worried, he needed to save her! But how? He looked around for something-anything- to save her with. Finally he realised that he could just teleport to her using his magic.

Amber was still holding onto the moving rocks back with all her might. Then it started to stand up, and it had a tail, and claws, and teeth!

Amber Leaf was clinging onto an alligator, and it wasn't happy with it's new guest. The alligator started to reach for her. It grabbed her in it's scaley hand, it's claws digging into her blue coat drawing a little blood.

"Sombra Help me!!!"

It was all over in a flash of magic. Sombra used all of his magic to teleport, grab Amber, and get out of the aligators' reach across the river. They wern't going to take any chances with crossing bodies of water again.

Poisionous Plants: 5 minutes earlier

After their mishap with the alligators, Sombra and Amber were on the lookout for anything else that could, and would, kill them. They never expected the plants to try though.



All of a sudden, Amber turned around and notices that Sombra was gone. She called out for him. "Sombra?! Where are you? If this is a joke, it's not funny!" No answer.

She heard som pony coughing though. She ran int eh direction of the horrible hacking, and found Sombra. He was barely standing, and bein attacked my plants that were spraying this weird blue mist at him.

She knew she had to save him.

But how? She didn't want to fall victim to the plants too, I mean what good would that do?

But it was too late, the plants started to come after her too! "Any pony! Help!" She exclaimed out loud.

The last thing she saw was two mismatched feet, one green claw and one a hoof.

Discord had rescued them, and was now helping them find the tree of the elements.