• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 5,478 Views, 147 Comments

The Pyro - The Infinity Doctor



Queen Chrysalis, leader of her changeling hive, is bent on getting revenge for what went down at the royal wedding.

  • ...
12
 147
 5,478

Incendiary

"It incapacitated him with just...a confection?" Chrysalis asked, her brow arching at the drone's incredulous claim.
"Yes, highness," the drone responded, bowing before her throne "it was quite large, as well"

'I don't know whether to commend him for his resourcefulness, or drop him off at a mental ward...' she thought, staring down at the changeling.

"Very well, you may go" she commanded, waving the drone off.

He obeyed, and stood, before lifting off the ground, and buzzing out of the room.

'I'll need to handle the spirit carefully,' she thought, retreating into her chambers 'he may prove to be an adversary, given the right conditions...'

Her slitted, emerald eyes stared down at the parchment spread before her, her secondary map of Equestria. Canterlot stood in the middle of the page, a pin through the mountain city's towers, yet another was placed on Ponyville, the home of the Elements of Harmony. She growled lowly as she stared at the drawing of the small town, mocking her. True, in the end, the Elements themselves weren't directly responsible for her defeat, they had still thrown a wrench into her plans. One Twilight Sparkle being chief among them. She thought briefly of invading Ponyville first, if not to exact her revenge, but ultimately decided against it. If she were to attack Ponyville, Canterlot would be notified, thus halting her plan before it truly began. The spirit, however, could change that; and if nothing else, would be a valuable asset in keeping those that crossed their path, in line. In her own mind, she didn't think herself an evil queen, such as depicted in the few foal's books she'd seen. True, her attempts for her hive were out of desperation, it was a hit-or-miss plan. Somewhere along the way, something had changed in her, she didn't know what it was, but knew that somewhere, deep down, somepony was going down, and it certainly wasn't going to be her. She didn't have anything to lose, what did it matter? There were two Chrysalis', the good, benevolent queen facade she attempted to show daily, and her fictitious other half, the part that wanted nothing more than to throw logic at the wall and watch the pony civilization crumble. Her spiraling descent into whatever dark pit she was in was a lonely journey, her own father passing at the young age of 10, and her mother, a generous time after she had been picked to rule the hive.

She shook her head, banishing the sour memories as she focused more on her battle plan. But she continued to ask herself, could she actually go through with it? Was she so far gone that she believed she could overthrow the most protected place in Equestria with the hive's numbers as low as they were?.

'No...I must...for the sake of the hive's survival...'


Poking around, Pyro found almost nothing of interest, the bland walls and empty corridors only adding to his boredom. Something flashed out the corner of his eye, and he turned, his hand resuming its position on his flamethrower. This wasn't a green flash, like when he was around the changelings, this one was colored differently. He quietly stepped down the hall, shushing his boots as he peered into one of the many caverns, not-surprisingly empty.

A bright orange flash filled the room, and he stepped closer, finding the light to be all-too-familiar to him. He approached it, and had an epiphany. He turned, and bolted out of the room, searching for the queen.


Chrysalis eyed the spirit as it motioned feverishly out the door, grunting.

"I don't follow" she said simply, slightly concerned at his odd behavior.

The spirit face-palmed, and beckoned her to follow him.

She did so hesitantly, rolling up her map and tucking it away before exiting the room to follow the seemingly-manic creature.


Pyro trooped down the halls, his trigger finger itching once more. He stopped, as did the queen, and beckoned for another changeling to follow the both of them.

"Highness?" the guard asked "What's it planning?"
"I have no idea..." she said, a bit unsure herself.

The three stopped upon a cavern, Pyro stepped inside, followed by the queen and the underling. Pyro pointed to the guard, and motioned for the queen to stand back. The guard stepped forward, a bit frightened (though he'd never willingly admit it).

Pyro's finger constricted on the trigger, and the pilot light on his flamethrower flickered on, its blue flame dancing as it crackled. The propane came through the nozzle, and doused the guard in flames, sending him into panicked screams as he rolled on the floor, attempting to smother the flames. It didn't work quickly enough, and the guard's body was reduced to a smoldering pile. He turned, and found the queen enraged, barring her sharp teeth at him.

"What was that for?!" she screamed at him "Why? WHY?! YOU ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Pyro only held up his index finger, indicating for her to wait. The queen wasn't inclined to, given she just witnessed one of her own be incinerated by the fearsome monstrosity brought into this world by none other than herself. She paused just a beat, before approaching him, her head low, her ears pinned back as she hissed, her sharp fangs seeming to grow longer as she stared at him in pure rage and malice.

The orange light he'd seen before came into existence, and flashed brightly, before vanishing once more, leaving a guard dazed and confused, lying on the dark stone of the cavern. Pyro shouted, pointing to the guard, hoping to deter the queen from unleashing her hate upon him. She thankfully did, and went to him, checking his body with her horn, as indicated by the acid-green glow encasing her jagged horn.

"Thank the hive mother..." she sighed.

"Highness, what...what happened?" the guard asked "Everything went white there for a second..."

The queen only shooed him away, sending him off to the infirmary to get him checked, before turning to the pyro. Pyro stared right back into her emerald orbs, his expression, of course, blank.

"You will explain," she demanded "and if I ever see you do something like that to one of my own again, I'll buck you to Tartarus and back, do I make myself clear?"

Pyro nodded, a bit scared at the thought of where this 'Tartarus' place might be.

"Excellent," she said, her teeth gritted "now come, I plan to have no more surprises today"

Pyro shrugged, and followed, the dark queen leading him through the twisting halls as they approached the throne room.

Author's Note:

This will come into play later in the story.