• Published 28th Jun 2014
  • 5,468 Views, 147 Comments

The Pyro - The Infinity Doctor



Queen Chrysalis, leader of her changeling hive, is bent on getting revenge for what went down at the royal wedding.

  • ...
12
 147
 5,468

Brothers (and Sisters) in Flame

Diana DeLune followed the directions given to her by the elite drones guarding the entrance to the lower tunnels, where the captives were held. Puddles of green, hardened gel was spattered along the walls and ceiling of the tunnel, further proof that she was headed in the right direction.

Sitting next to the entrance of the spacious cavern, were a dozen or so freshly-woven pods, ready for use. Entering the cavern, Diana wound her way towards the fresh arrivals, trying not to look at the forms inside the pods. Most of them were asleep, and the ones that were awake, stared at her with hatred. Others still, had given up long ago, only staring on in depression and longing.

She soon happened upon the pod she was looking for. The bipedal creature inside was dressed from head to hoof in red, save the black mask and dark, yellow-tipped gloves on its hands.

"Have you come to rescue our Mother from madness? Shall you, creature in red, be able to ease her mind?"

Her scarlet eyes scanned for any sign of life from the creature.

She took a deep breath, and with her magic, sliced through the cocoon.


Meanwhile


Prisma Perfect trotted along the dimly-illuminated halls of the hive, as a shiver ran down her shell. Echoing, borderline-psychotic laughter drifted down the tunnel, from the direction of the Queen's chambers.

Cautiously poking forward, she soon happened upon her highnesses' chambers, the laughter louder, still.

"M-My Queen?" she asked nervously, poking her head in the doorway.

Queen Chrysalis was set upon her bed, a green glow surrounding her entire head.

Prisma nervously approached the bed as Her Highness chuckled quietly to herself.

"Your Highness? Are you well?"

"Never better," she chuckled darkly, unnerving Prisma.

"H-Highness?"

"I see the madness, and the logic in it! I see the chaos that our world of harmony was born of- it's- it's beautiful!"

'How in the hoof do I get into these situations?' the hoof-maiden wondered to herself.

"Er, Highness- what exactly caused this...epiphany?"

"My control over the spirit- my mind and his-"

She cut herself off, abruptly cringing.

"-are one-"

"M-My Queen..." Prisma stated hesitantly.

"Yesss?" she hissed softly.

"I...I don't believe...this is best for you-"

"Nonsense! The inflatable unicorn is much better company than you, surely!" her highness cackled "Isn't that right, Sir Lagsalot?"

"Your Highness-"

"Begone! Lagsalot and I tire of your antics!" she screamed.

"But-"

"BEGONE!"

...

Prisma just decided to leave the room, galloping to fetch the council of the proto-queens.


It woke up, glancing around its surroundings. The pit It was standing in was obviously made by itself.

Why did it fall from the sky?

...

Why did it just ask a question?

It felt that things were going to go downhill.

Very fast.

Author's Note:

That's all for now. Sorry...
I've been grinding to catch up on writing.