• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 18,245 Views, 296 Comments

My Little Arkham - ADHD365



The Mane 6 are put into Arkham City. They have to find a way to survive and a way back home...

  • ...
9
 296
 18,245

Rescue

Twilight huffed as she neared the bridge leading to the industrial section of Arkham City. Rainbow and Fluttershy had carried Rarity and Applejack between them in the air while Pinkie Pie and Twilight hopped along the rooftops towards the Steel Mill. Batman needed their help and they were not about to abandon him here. He had ordered them to stay put where they were, but he had rescued them from danger too many times tonight. They were not about to just wait for him to come back.

While they were making their way to the Steel Mill, Batman had intercepted a transmission from Joker from inside.

"Good evening Troops! This is General J here, with quick update on what's going on down here in Arkham City! As you can see, I'm looking much better. In fact, ohhh! I think I'm looking better than ever! Ha! Oh, I can hear you all now: 'How did this happen? Can I get me some of that crazy cure? Oh I want answers, damn it! NOW!' Well here's the thing. Answers don't give you everlasting satisfaction; sometimes you need to brace yourself for disappointment. Think about it. Imagine your favorite TV show. You've been through it all. The ups, the downs, the crazy coincidences, and then: BANG! They tell you what it's all about. Would you be happy? Does it make sense? How come she became a princess? You guys just need to know one simple thing. I'm back. Back for good! Now arm yourselves, boys. We've got a prison break to plan. No hostages, no surrender. I know! It sounds like suicide, but listen. Whatever happens... I'll be right behind you.'

Joker was addressing his army with gleeful gusto. Harley Quinn had stolen the cure made by Mr. Freeze for him and Batman. He had obviously drank the cure already. He sounded like he was perfectly healthy. They could only hope that Joker found it somewhere within himself to save a bit for Batman. It was literally his only hope.

According to what Rainbow and Pinkie found in the sewer, Strange had been providing Joker with all the necessary weapons and equipment for him and his gang to take over Gotham. This whole thing was part of his plan. They had just discovered what Protocol 10 was as well. It was a last resort. Joker having the weapons that he had provided gave Strange all the permission he needed for its activation. The only problem was is that none of them knew what Protocol 10 exactly entailed. Whatever it was, they knew it couldn't be good.

When they arrived, they all stopped for a moment to examine the bridge and to catch their breaths. Pinkie had climbed up and over the bridge before, but now she had air superiority and magic with her. She wasn't worried about how they would all manage to get across. What really worried her and everypony else was the increase in security at the Steel Mill. Joker had beefed up his fortress with more thugs and snipers. Getting inside wouldn’t be easy.

Twilight looked at her hoof-mounted computer. “Oracle? How are we going to know where everything and everyone is? How does Batman do it?”

“Batman uses a feature in the Cowl called ‘Detective Mode’. He’s able to see everything and everyone in front of him for a couple hundred yards with infrared and x-ray tech.” Oracle explained. “However, you guys don’t have a cowl, so seeing anything in front of you is going to be a bit trickier.”

“But it’s possible?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes.” Oracle confirmed. “Your Batcomputers are equipped with sonar technology. They will emit a high pitched sound into the environment and calculate the size and distance of that object from you based on how long it takes the sound to bounce back.”

“Oh! Just like dolphins use!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

Everypony grinned. “That’s awesome!” Rainbow said.

“Very clever indeed!” Rarity added.

“Thanks a lot!” Twilight said, shutting off the computer. “Okay, everypony. Lets get to the top of this bridge and get a game plan going.”

With that, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack flew up to the top while Twilight teleported herself and Pinkie up to meet them. They brushed themselves off and ducked low behind an old car. They all peeked up to see the opening to the industrial section littered with lights, signs, clowns, and other creepy circus-related objects.

They didn’t need their sonar to notice the two snipers on top of either pillar overlooking the street below. Their red laser sights swept the streets in search of any potential targets. Twilight studied their movements to try and detect a pattern while Rainbow switched on her sonar to scan the area. Her excitement had died down. She was all about seriousness and flawlessness now as she studied the readings she got on her screen.

“The snipers are wearing some kind of goggles.” Rainbow announced. “I think they’re called infrared goggles. They’ll be able to see us if we fly.”

"How do you know about them?" Twilight asked.

"Me and Batman went up against some guys with them in the museum. Little bit tough, but we did it."

Twilight nodded before turning back to the snipers. “What else do you see?”

Rainbow stared into her screen. “Hang on.” She replied.

Pinkie and Applejack had switched on their sonar and were scanning the area as well. Rarity was looking at a map of Arkham City. She figured that if this device had the same features as Batman’s cowl, she would be able to know as much as he did. She was keeping a look out for Nora’s location.

Fluttershy was next to her. “Um, Rarity?” She asked. “Did everything go alright with Victor? Did you get the cure?”

Rarity looked at her. With all that had happened with them and the Mad Hatter, she forgot that Fluttershy was the only one who didn’t know what had happened with Mr. Freeze.

“Well… Not exactly, Fluttershy.” Rarity began.

Fluttershy gasped lightly. “What happened?”

Rarity told her about how Victor had lost control when Batman refused to find Nora for him. She told her about how he froze Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow, and that she was forced to fight him with Batman. She explained that Harley Quinn stole the cure while they fought and took it to Joker. If Batman didn’t stop Harley and get the cure, he would die and Joker would win.

Applejack was now listening to Rarity as she explained the situation to Fluttershy. “Well, shoot. That Harley Quinn never did sit right with me. What are we gonna do?”

Rarity shrugged. “I’m not sure. Batman said he would look for Nora, but I don’t know what’s going to happen to him. Things aren’t looking very up for us right now.”

Pinkie overheard them. “I hate to say it, but I agree. Things aren’t really good. Well, in here, they never were, but right now is the worst part of this whole night. I’m really worried, guys.”

Rainbow also came over to them. “I know its bad right now, but we need to focus on the big picture right now. If we don’t get in there and help Batman stop Joker, millions of people are going to die.”

Fluttershy gulped. “I would never be able to live with myself if that happened.”

Applejack took a breath. “We gotta stop him.”

While they were talking, Twilight took out her book and looked for something she could use. As she searched through the book, the same feeling of uneasiness came upon her. She felt completely alienated from her element more than ever before. The title ‘Element of Magic’ seemed so strange to her that she almost didn’t believe that she was its bearer anymore. It disturbed her greatly. Feeling disconnected to her element was making her also feel disconnected to the rest of the elements; her friends seemed farther away from her now more than ever. She couldn’t imagine what Strange was doing.

She shook her head clear and continued to scan the area. The snipers’ may have been able to see a single target from really far away, but it looked like their field of vision was much more narrow as a result. They could greatly use this to their advantage.

Twilight also found a disorientation spell. It could be used to temporarily stun someone by making him or her have a blank stare and feel lightheaded. She wondered if it would work on one of the snipers.

She closed the book and turned back to her friends. “Okay, girls. I have a plan.” Everypony approached Twilight to hear what she had to say. “I’m going to use a new spell on one of the snipers to disorient them. Rainbow will sneak up behind him and incapacitate him while he’s woozy. Then, we’ll do the same thing with the other sniper.”

“But didn’t you say that they could see in the dark?” Pinkie asked.

“Yes, but their field of vision is very thin.” Twilight explained. “There’s no way they’ll see her unless she gets right in front of them. They have laser sights so you’ll be able to see where they’re looking.”

Rainbow nodded. “Sounds like a good plan.”

“What about after we get in?” Applejack asked. “If Joker’s really beefed up security here, what do ya think we’re gonna be up against on the other side?”

“I don’t know, but I assume there’s going to be more foot soldiers with more protection or weapons.” Twilight said. “We’ll just have to fight them or avoid them if we can.”

“There might be more snipers inside keeping an eye on the level below.” Rainbow said. “If you guys can manage fighting on the ground, I’ll take care of any other sentries I see. Fluttershy will help me.”

Fluttershy squeaked in fear. “Me? Why?”

“Because you’re the only other pony here that can fly!” Pinkie said.

“Unless Twilight can conjure up another set of wings for us.” Applejack suggested.

Rarity sighed. “That was a marvelous day.”

Twilight shook her head. “I can’t generate enough magic to do a spell that powerful on all of you.”

Rainbow landed in the middle. “Hey, stay focused guys. Lets stick to our plan. Once I give the ‘all clear’, Fluttershy will join me and we’ll take out any other snipers we see on the other side while you guys fight your way to the Steel Mill.”

Everypony nodded except Fluttershy. “O-Okay…” She stammered

“Sweet! Glad we all agree!” Rainbow said as she banged her hooves together and smiled. “Twilight, pick a target and lemme at ‘em!”

Rainbow soared into the sky above and disappeared into the darkness. Twilight focused on the right sniper and charged up her horn. It crackled and glowed for a moment before a bright flash engulfed the sniper. He wobbled and continued to look in one direction on the ground. Then, Rainbow landed silently behind him and pulled his legs out from underneath him, causing him to fall on his face. Rainbow then jumped on his back and stomped his head into the ground.

The impact made a loud noise that reverberated through the air. The other sniper turned his gaze over to his fallen comrade and looked around the area. Rainbow must have saw this because she was now hiding behind the pillar out of the snipers sight. He stayed there for a moment before he started to sweep the area around the drawbridge.

“Everypony hide!” Pinkie exclaimed.

The five ponies scrambled behind the abandoned car and held still just before they saw the laser sight searching the ground right next to them. It continued in the same direction until it disappeared. Twilight poked her head up to see the sniper looking at the ground below and Rainbow landing behind him. She bucked him off the edge and he fell to a platform a few feet below his. He landed hard and held still.

Rainbow flew back to her friends. “Sorry about that.” She apologized. “They’re taken care of. I saw a big gathering of thugs on a street a few blocks from the entrance. A few had armor, stun batons, and shields. You guys have your work cut out for you.”

Twilight nodded. “Thanks Rainbow. You and Fluttershy go take care of any other snipers in the immediate area then meet back with us. We’re going to need all the help we can get.”

Rainbow saluted in the air before swooping down to pick up Fluttershy. She whimpered and squirmed a little in resistance as she was hoisted into the air and out of sight. Everypony else trotted over to the edge and Twilight teleported them all down to the ground. Pinkie noted that this was where she was taken by Joker and looked around for any other thugs in the immediate vicinity.

They ran to the entrance and walked through. This section of the city looked the worst. Paper, garbage, debris, and much other miscellaneous garbage littered the streets. Abandoned cars were on every street. A few of them were on fire. The buildings were boarded up at the windows and doors to prevent entry. The stench of rust and burning pollutants became stronger as they neared the Steel Mill.

They ran inside and took an immediate right. There was a large body of thugs all standing in a disorganized fashion in the center of the street. A few had giant metal poles, and one of them had a stun baton, but they didn’t look too tough. They ran on the sidewalk and tried to stay as far away from them as possible.

One of the thugs saw them. “Hey look! Its those freaky pony things!”

“Ha ha! Lets kill ‘em!”

They all ran to cut off the group of ponies. The ponies stopped running and skidded to a stop for a moment before turning tail and running away from the group.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?!”

“Get back here!”

They were right on their heels. They continued to run as fast as they could back toward the entrance to the industrial section. They ran down the street in front of them and made a right. Another group of thugs was there, standing disorganized.

Everypony screeched to a stop and took off in the opposite direction. They could only go so far before they met the edge of the section of ground. It dropped off into the freezing ocean. They were trapped.

They turned around to face the groups. There were a total of twelve thugs. Two of them had riot shields, one was armored, three had pipes, and one had a shock baton. They slowly closed in on the group of frightened ponies, waving their weapons in front of them.

Nervous as they were, they readied themselves for a fight. Twilight and Rarity’s horns glowed as different objects around them began to levitate in a blue aura. Applejack scraped her hoof on the ground and grinded her teeth, ready to charge. Pinkie got ready to pounce on a thug, growling menacingly.

Two of the thugs charged at them as fast as they could. Applejack and Pinkie lunged forward to meet them halfway. The floating pile of miscellaneous garbage and litter behind Rarity began to spin around her and Twilight at breakneck speed, turning it into a barrier. It spun so fast that it caused the wind to whistle slightly around them.

Applejack stopped running and whipped around. A second later, she lifted her legs up and sent the nearest thug flying into a thug behind him. They both flew back a few feet before rolling on the ground in pain. She ran toward the next nearest thug and began to fight him.

Pinkie tackled the second thug to the ground and started attacking him as fast as she could. She whipped around him so fast that it looked like she turned into a pink whirlwind wrapping around his head. He fell to the ground and squirmed around for a moment before Pinkie shot like a bullet to another thug.

Some of the other thugs had charged toward Rarity and Twilight. Twilight used her magic to send a blast of magic at any thugs that came close to them. Any she missed, Rarity got with a stray brick or other piece of garbage.

Pinkie had assaulted and taken down three thugs before one thug smacked her with a metal pipe from behind. Pinkie screamed as she flew backwards and landed on her head. She groaned for a moment before getting back to her hooves, her eyes filling with angry tears.

Applejack jumped and bucked the thug on the back of his head. He dropped the pipe and fell to the ground. Pinkie eyed it and considered using it for a split second. Then she got another idea.

“Applejack, get behind me!” She yelled.

Applejack looked up at her. “Why?!”

“Just do it! I’ve got a plan!” Pinkie yelled back.

Applejack grunted and kicked a thug one more time before charging toward Pinkie. Once she was behind her, Pinkie grinned as six more thugs charged at them.

“Pinkie, what are you doing?!” Twilight called from behind Rarity’s shield.

Pinkie turned to face everypony and winked. Then she reached off to the side and produced her infamous Party Cannon out of nowhere.

“Lock and load!” She screamed as she aimed the cannon at the six thugs. She pressed the button on top and the cannon fired, sending all six thugs flying backwards in a shower of confetti. Pinkie giggled and vaulted over the cannon toward the next thug. Everypony else stood there for a moment with their mouths agape. Rarity’s shield had dropped from her amazement, leaving her and Twilight unprotected.

Applejack shook her head and followed after Pinkie. It took a few moments before only one thug remained. Twilight ran toward him and was about to take care of them with her magic when another thug called from the next street over. “Hey! There’s some sort of fight going on over here!” They all turned to see five more thugs running at the ponies. One had armor, and another had a shield. They all looked intense and angry.

Applejack scraped her front hoof on the ground and glared at them. “Round two.” She growled.

She charged at the group of thugs with Pinkie and Rarity right behind her. Twilight collided the thug she was holding with the ground and turned to face the next group of thugs. Applejack bucked the armored thugs torso, but it seemed to only stun him. She felt the buck backfire on her hind legs and exclaimed in pain. The armored thug kicked her in the abdomen and she fell to the ground a little ways away.

Pinkie was focusing on two of the normal thugs. Using her method of bouncing up and over them just out of reach proved to be pretty effective. The thugs would collide with each other every so often and Pinkie would laugh at them for a moment before starting up again. She did this for a moment or two before she bounced between them and kicked them in their faces. Then she’d start to laugh again.

Rarity focused on the thug with the shield. He charged to bash her, but she dodged him just in time and kicked him in the back. He stammered forward before turning around just in time to meet Rarity as she went in for another blow. He lunged the shield forward, throwing Rarity into the air. She landed on a pile of garbage and he approached her, raising the shield above his head to bring it down on her. Suddenly, a yellow streak flew by and smacked the thug in the face. He spun around in a circle while Fluttershy came back down to kick him in the back of the head. He went down and she landed beside Rarity.

Rainbow Dash came to Applejack’s rescue. She flew in as fast as she could into the armored thug’s torso and he doubled over. Rainbow smacked his head and he landed on his back. Rainbow then proceeded to assault his head numerous times before giving one final blow, knocking him out.

Twilight had used her magic to pick up the remaining thug and bring him to her while she ran. She kicked his face twice as hard and he went down. She ran to one of the remaining thugs by Pinkie Pie. He was just getting to his feet when she came along and sent him back down to the ground.

They all growled and looked around. No more conscious thugs remained.

Everypony sighed and brushed themselves off. “Everypony okay?” Twilight asked.

Applejack grunted. “Ah think so. That thug kicked me pretty hard.”

“Let me take a look at it.” Fluttershy offered, flying down to Applejack.

Rarity dusted herself off. “Apart from landing in a pile of yucky garbage, I’m alright.”

“Nice timing showing up when you did, Rainbow and Fluttershy!” Pinkie exclaimed, her Party Cannon now gone. “We were in pretty big trouble!”

Rainbow nodded. “No problem! We took care of all the snipers from here to the Steel Mill!”

Twilight smiled at her before turning to Pinkie. “Pinkie Pie, where did you get your Party Cannon?”

Pinkie giggled. “Silly Twilight! You know I never leave home without it!”

Applejack looked up to her. “But where in the world were ya keeping it all this time?”

Pinkie opened her mouth to answer before pausing. She pondered thoughtfully for a moment. “I have no idea!”

Everypony rolled their eyes in exasperation and continued to recover. Fluttershy had inspected Applejack’s injury. Nothing was broken, but she did have a bruise. Pinkie was giggling with joy before she stopped and held her side in pain. Twilight, Rarity and Rainbow went to her.

“That meanie clown thug hit me pretty hard with that pole.” She winced. “It’s really starting to hurt now.”

“Will you be able to walk at all?” Rarity asked.

Pinkie nodded. “I just need a little breather. I’ll be fine.”

Twilight was about to reply when the communicator in her ear beeped. “Protocol 10 will commence in 10 minutes.” Strange said.

Everypony held their breath. They all looked at each other with worry for a moment in stunned silence.

“We need to go!” Twilight said. “Pinkie, will you be okay?”

Pinkie nodded again, getting to her hooves. “Yeah. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be right with you.”

Twilight felt sorry for her. Given any other circumstance, she would have waited for Pinkie to feel better. However, this situation was extremely dire. There was no way they could wait any longer.

They continued down the street as fast as they could. Rainbow flew in front of the group and led the way. They continued further and further down the darkened streets, turning left and right when they had to. This part of Arkham City was incredibly dangerous and none of them wanted to stop moving for even a second. Inmates in the rest of the prison left them alone for the most part, but here they would attack them on sight, provoked or not.

They continued through the streets. Pinkie was having a little trouble keeping up at first, but she looked like she was feeling better. Rainbow flew high above every so often to get a view of the area and find out where to go next. This place was like a maze of buildings and concrete. If you weren’t very familiar with the industrial section, it would be forever before you found your way out.

They passed a group of thugs who spewed profanity at them and gave chase, but they gave up after a while. The ponies never slowed down for even a second until they reached the main gates to the Steel Mill. They all paused for a moment to try and catch their breath.

“Okay, we’re here.” Rainbow panted. “Pinkie, which way did you use when you were here?”

“The main entrance.” Pinkie looked beyond the gate. “That big door over there.”

Twilight cautiously looked around at the Steel Mill’s entrance. “I don’t see any guards.”

“You think its safe?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know.” Twilight replied.

“Ah don’t. This is way too easy.” Applejack said.

“Batman’s here already. Maybe he took care of them already?” Rarity said.

“Maybe. Still, we better check it from afar to be safe.” Twilight said.

She brought up her Batcomputer and turned on the sonar. Then she paused for a moment and looked around.

“Everything alright, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

Twilight didn’t answer right away. “Its too quiet.”

Something was wrong. It was deathly quiet in the city. She looked up to the sky. “Where are all the TYGER helicopters?”

Everypony else looked around also. The same uneasy feeling came over each of them. The only thing in the sky other than the large cloud of smog directly above them was Wonder Tower to their right. The smog gave it an eerie green-orange glow that sent shivers down their spines. The helicopter blades they had all gotten used to had vanished. The absolute silence made them feel completely alone. Ironically, there was a poster of Hugo Strange on a billboard to their right with words that read ‘You Are Being Watched.’

“I don’t like this.” Rainbow said nervously. “I don’t like this at all.”

“M-M-Me neither.” Fluttershy stammered.

Twilight looked around for a moment longer before shaking off the feeling as best she could. She turned her attention to the lock on the gate and tried to pick it open with her magic. Rainbow Dash hovered behind her, looking very impatient.

“Come on, Twilight. Just blast it open! I hate all this eerie quietness.” Rainbow said.

“Hang on. I’ve almost got it.” Twilight replied.

Just then, they all heard the familiar whirring of propellers. They all backed up and saw a single TYGER helicopter rise from behind the Steel Mill. It flew up and over while it shone a spotlight on one of the windows. It hovered there for a few moments.

“This is TYGER 5-4. We have conformation that the target is in the Steel Mill. I repeat: Batman is in the Steel Mill.” The communicator beeped.

“Target?” Rarity asked.

“Good. Make it our first target. Protocol 10 will wipe both The Batman and The Joker from this Earth.” Strange ordered.

The helicopter flew backwards little, its spotlight turning red as it continued to shine on the building’s face. “Target is set.”

“Then let Protocol 10 commence!” Strange announced.

Everyponys eyes widened as they slowly realized what was about to happen.

“Understood. Commencing in 3…2…1.”

In that moment, Arkham City became a war zone. A lone missile shot from the top of Wonder Tower and headed straight for the Steel Mill. Everypony watched in horror as the missile rapidly approached the face of the building and impacted. The resulting explosion was deafening. Everypony dove to the ground and covered their ears to block out the sound.

After waiting a moment, they got to their hooves to inspect the damage done. There was a massive hole in the side of the building covered with fire and debris. The helicopter was still hovering there and was now looking inside the hole.

“All units, we have visual conformation. The Steel Mill is hit; Batman is down. I repeat: Batman is down.”

“NO!” Everypony screamed.

Twilight took up Rainbow’s suggestion and blasted the lock on the gate. They swung open. They ran inside as fast as they could toward the main entrance.

“Good.” Strange said. “Wait until Protocol 10 has completed, then send a squad out to retrieve The Batman’s body.”

“Understood, sir.”

They all felt panic as they approached the doors. There was no visible way of opening them from the outside. Twilight tried everything she could think of, but she couldn’t do anything.

“How do we open it?!” Rainbow shouted.

“I don’t know! Nothing is working!” Twilight replied.

“He can’t be dead! He can’t be dead! He can’t be dead!” Pinkie repeated.

“Please hurry, Twilight!” Rarity begged.

“Um, g-girls?” Fluttershy stammered.

They all turned to see what Fluttershy was looking at. From behind the security wall, dozens of TYGER helicopters ascended, all of them armed with machine guns and missiles. They all dispersed into separate parts of the city. The helicopter that had locked the missile onto the Steel Mill whipped around and shone its light on all six of them.

“Tw-Twi? Now would be a good time to use that brain o’ yours and think of a plan.” Applejack stammered as she backed up.

The helicopter began to approach them, its machine gun turret spinning wildly, ready to fire.

“Sometime today, Twilight!” Rainbow said.

Twilight couldn’t think. The terror was overwhelming. They all began to back up away from the main entrance slowly as the helicopter swiftly approached the group of frightened ponies.

“Sir, I’ve got a visual on the six pony creatures you marked as ‘Special’. How should I proceed?”

They continued to back up in fear as the helicopter drew nearer.

“They have done all I required of them. The Elements are now completely under my control.” Hugo Strange chuckled from the other end.

“Kill them.”

Author's Note:

Here it is, two weeks late. I apologize. Blame Disneyland for everything.