• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 18,206 Views, 296 Comments

My Little Arkham - ADHD365



The Mane 6 are put into Arkham City. They have to find a way to survive and a way back home...

  • ...
9
 296
 18,206

Epilogue

"47... 48... 49... 50."

Rainbow Dash exhaled as she finished her set of wing-ups. This was nowhere near her normal number of wing-ups in a set, so she hardly felt anything at all. No, tonight was different. She had been training and pushing herself further and further to this point. She was about to become something she’s always wanted to be.

She got to her hooves and began to stretch out. Scootaloo and Fluttershy watched her from the side. Usually, Rainbow would've had them assist her in some wild workout routine where she would nearly push herself past her limits. All Rainbow was doing tonight was stretching and loosening up.

"Rainbow Dash, I still don't know if this is a good idea." Fluttershy said.

Rainbow didn't stop what she was doing. "I know."

Fluttershy looked down. "It's just... It's been over a year and a half, and you still haven't completely forgiven yourself for what happened. I know that you want to follow Batman's example, but this is pretty extreme, even for you.”

Rainbow didn't even glance in her direction as she continued to loosen up.

Fluttershy continued. “What happened to Joker wasn't your fault. I've said this to you a thousand times, Rainbow. You don't have to do this."

"I'm not completely sure either, Rainbow Dash." Scootaloo admitted.

Now Rainbow stopped what she was doing and simply stood there, facing away from Scootaloo and Fluttershy.

"Don't get me wrong; I think it's really noble and really cool, what you want to do. But, what if you get hurt? What if something happens to you?" Scootaloo asked.

Rainbow turned to Scootaloo and grinned. "It's me, remember?"

It had been one year and eight months since they returned home. Rainbow still couldn't get the thoughts out of her head. She still couldn't forgive herself for not saving Joker. At first, she had tried to avoid speaking her feelings to the psychologists at the hospital, but she eventually caved. They told her that she needed to do something for herself to begin her healing process.

She had this little idea in her head ever since the Mare-Do-Well incident. Seeing Batman in Arkham City was just another piece of motivation for her. Right after she had come back from the Wonderbolts Academy, she decided once and for all that she was going to do this.

She had found this cave in the mountain on the eastern side of Equestria. It was hidden directly behind a waterfall. It was large enough to hold a dragon. She had shown her discovery to all her friends, and Twilight said that it could've been the home to a dragon in ancient Equestria. The waterfall provided the perfect cover. No dragons would be coming back any time soon.

Rainbow walked over to the set of monitors on the side of their cave. They showed her every corner of Ponyville. Mr. Freeze still had his scientific mind, so she asked if he could modify the computers to do what she required of them. He seemed to know exactly what to do and how to do what she needed. They had failed to return the computers to Batman back in Arkham City, which made Rainbow feel guilty. She decided that if she ever did get a chance to return to that world, she would give them all back. Until then, she figured she could have some use for them.

Rainbow stared at the small circle of screens for another moment before she heard hoof steps echoing from behind her. She turned around and saw Rarity walking toward her, levitating a black box with her.

Rainbow quickly trotted over to her. "Is it ready?"

Rarity nodded. "Yes, I believe it is."

Rainbow opened the box and looked inside. She paused for a moment before getting a wide grin across her face. "Awesome."

"Now Rainbow, I don't need to tell you to be extremely careful." Rarity said. "This is the most intricate piece of clothing I've ever made."

Rainbow shut the box and set a firm hoof on Rarity's shoulder. "I'll take the greatest of care, Rarity. Thank you."

Rarity smiled and Rainbow took the box into the other room. Rarity turned and walked over to Scootaloo and Fluttershy. "How are you girls doing?"

They uneasily looked at each other. "We aren't so sure about Rainbow doing this." Scootaloo said.

"I understand, dear. I'm worried about her, myself." Rarity agreed.

"I mean, I think it's really awesome, Rainbow doing something like this. But I'm just so worried that something terrible will happen to her. What if she meets somepony who's really tough and hurts her?" Scootaloo asked.

"That's always a possibility." Rarity admitted. "But remember that even Twilight agreed to help her with this. Now that she's a princess, she'll be one of the first ponies in all of Equestria to hear of trouble. She agreed to inform Rainbow Dash when something came up. I don't think she would agree to that if she didn't believe in her."

Scootaloo thought for a moment. "I guess you're right." She said. She started to chuckle. "Listen to me, I sound like I don't believe in her! Me, not believing in Rainbow Dash! Can you imagine?"

They all shared a light laugh with each other. None of them saw the figure emerge from the darkness. "Well?" Rainbow began. "How do I look?"

Rarity, Scootaloo and Fluttershy turned to look at Rainbow. Their smiles faded immediately and they all gasped in fear.

"You look... You look... T- Terrifying." Fluttershy stammered.

"It suits you well." Rarity commented.

"You look awesome, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

They all stood there in awe at the sight of Rainbow in her new outfit. It was a dark gray suit that had black boots. She was also wearing a black cape. In her hoof, she held a black cowl mask with pointy ears.

"Thanks guys. I hope Batman doesn't mind that we borrowed his costume design." Rainbow commented.

"I don't think he will." Rarity said with a smile.

Rainbow walked toward a mirror on her left. She stopped and admired herself in the reflection. Sure it wasn't a Wonderbolts uniform, but she didn't mind in the very least. Rarity had used a magical kind of fabric on her wings that made them completely transparent. The fabric also extended her cape with every flap of her wings. She asked for this design to make herself appear as if she was floating in mid-air whenever she flapped her wings. She grinned at herself in the mirror.

Scootaloo jumped off her chair. "Oh! Oh! I almost forgot!"

She ran off to the side and reached into a container. She rustled through it a moment before she produced a thick yellow belt. She ran over to Rainbow Dash and gave it to her.

"What's this?" She asked.

"It's a utility belt! I thought you might be able to use it!" Scootaloo replied.

Rainbow admired the belt in her hooves. It had a variety of pockets and holsters all along the side. She turned it over and looked on the bottom. It had the phrase "Rainbow Dash = best sister ever!" inscribed on a tiny metal plate. Rainbow smiled and brought Scootaloo in for a hug.

Just then, one of the computers beeped. They all hurried over and looked at the screen. Rainbow swiped a hoof across the screen a few times to get the correct message up. When she found it, she expanded it and started to read.

"Manehatten, huh?" She mused. “No surprise. Manehatten’s always full of problems.”

"How are you going to get all the way to Manehatten that quickly?" Fluttershy asked.

"I designed the suit to make the wearer fly at least three times faster than usual." Rarity explained.

"So since it's me, I should get there in no time at all." Rainbow said.

She walked toward the cave entrance and put her cowl on. Scootaloo followed close behind. "You be careful, okay Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow turned around and rubbed Scootaloo's head with her hoof. "Don't worry, squirt. I'll be fine." She turned to Rarity and Fluttershy. "Thanks again for the suit, Rarity. If I'm not back by three tomorrow morning, be sure to thank Twilight for me."

They nodded and Rainbow turned toward the entrance. She crouched down and prepared herself. She took a deep breath and zoomed out of the cave. The air seemed pressurized as it whipped around everypony out the entrance. Rainbow did a loop in the air before flying into the night sky toward Manehatten.

--MANEHATTEN--

Two ponies ran down an alleyway as fast as their hooves could carry them. It was dark and raining hard, making the ground slick. They were quick but careful. One of them, a dark green unicorn, turned around and began to fire blasts of magic at the police ponies chasing them. He hit a dumpster, causing a massive amount of garbage to shoot out in front of the officers.

He chuckled as he turned around and continued running. The other pony, a dark blue Earth pony, ran ahead and knocked down a few garbage cans behind them. They ran as fast as they could to the carriage that was parked on the street. A dark purple unicorn was waiting in the carriage and waving his hooves at them.

"Come on! Come on! Hurry!" He said.

The other two ponies ran and dove into the carriage. The purple unicorn used his magic and the carriage took off as fast as a bullet down the street, leaving the police ponies in the dust.

"Did you get it?" The purple unicorn asked.

The blue Earth pony reached into his saddlebag and brought out a large hoof full of bits. "Yeah we did!" He said with a laugh.

"Aww yeah! Nice going guys!"

The carriage turned a corner and went down a darkened street. Most of the lights were turned off on this street, making this the perfect hideout. They all got out of the carriage and ran to a large box in the center of the street. The blue and green ponies began to empty their pockets. Bits, gems, and other valuables began to pour onto the box.

"Dang, that old Mr. Cottonswab was loaded!" The purple pony said.

"Not anymore!" The green pony laughed.

They all laughed together until a loud bang behind them cut them off. It wasn't thunder, it sounded like metal on metal. They all went dead silent and turned in the direction of the noise.

"What was that?" The purple pony asked.

"Probably the rest of the guys, coming back from their hit." The green pony said.

The purple pony turned to the blue pony. "Go check it out."

"Fine." The blue pony said.

He walked toward the narrow alleyway. He looked inside a moment before stepping into the darkness. The other two ponies went back to counting the loot until they heard another loud bang followed by a short scream come from the same direction.

The two ponies turned around. "Wh- What's going on?" The purple pony asked.

"I don't know..." The green pony gulped.

They slowly approached the alleyway, their horns glowing. They looked down it and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The green pony turned to the purple pony and motioned down this alleyway with his hoof. The purple pony nodded and slowly walked down the alleyway. The green pony turned right and slowly walked down another lit alleyway.

The green pony didn't get a few feet before he heard a loud bang come from in front of him. He stopped walking and stood there, shaking. Then he heard another loud bang come from behind him. He turned around quickly but saw nothing. He heard a slight whooshing in the air, followed by small pops.

He whipped around again and saw the lights above him explode one by one. He fired his magic around the lights. It did no good. Just as the light above him popped, something metal fell to the ground at his hooves. The pony slowly crouched down and picked up the small metal object. Lightning struck above the city; giving him just enough light to see that it was a bat-shaped piece of metal. He dropped it and looked around nervously. He was breathing deeply as he tried to find whatever was watching him.

At the end of the alleyway, he saw a silhouette for the briefest of seconds lit up by another bolt lightning streak across the sky. He panicked and began to fire blasts of magic at it. He stopped when he heard another loud bang right behind him. He whipped around and started to fire at the wall behind him. Nothing was there. A low rumble of thunder followed seconds later.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" He shrieked.

He slowly backed up, eyes wide with terror as he tried to spot whatever was in the darkness.

"Here." A voice whispered in his ear.

He gasped and turned around as quick as he could, but whoever was there struck him across the back of the head. He screamed and fell, striking his jaw on the ground. He cried out in pain before he was grabbed and hoisted up into the air faster than he thought possible. He screamed loudly has he was carried higher and higher up.

Once he reached the rooftop, he was thrown against a wall. He struck the back of his head against it and crumbled to the ground. The dark figure grabbed him and lifted him up by his neck, making him hurt.

The figure held him out over the edge of the rooftop. The pony squirmed as he looked down to the streets below. He knew he wouldn't survive that fall. The figure was standing on its hind legs. Its cape was stretched out wide, making it look even more menacing. He couldn't see its face in the darkness.

"You're nothing but lowlife scum. I should drop you right now." She growled.

The green pony gagged as her grip on him tightened.

"But I won't." She said. "Instead, I want you to tell other ponies about me. Tell them all that they'll have to deal with me when I catch them.”

She brought him closer to her. “When I catch them. Not if. This is my city now, not yours."

She threw him behind her. He screamed loudly and impacted the wall again, landing upside down. He saw her stand there a moment before she turned around to face the edge.

"Who... Who... are... you?" He weakly asked.

She paused for a long moment before she answered. “I am vengeance. I am the night.” She turned around again to face him. "I am Batmare!"

Lightning struck overhead, followed by a deafening boom of thunder. It gave him a split-second view of her face. It was completely shrouded in a black cowl that resembled a bat. It terrified him greatly.

He cowered in fear and covered his eyes. Right beside him, he noticed his two colleagues. He opened his eyes and saw that both of them were unconscious. Beside one of them, he saw a paper bag full of the loot they had just barely stolen.

He looked back up to where she had just been. She had vanished.

Then he heard the familiar sound of police sirens get louder, but he didn't dare try to escape. He believed every word that the Batmare had just told him. So instead, he just waited for them to show up. His fate had been sealed. Even though the police were taking him to jail, he knew that they were no longer the primary law enforcement around here.

Equestria now had a new bringer of justice.

Author's Note:

Yes, that just happened...

I would like to thank every single one of you for showing so much support for me and my crazy story. I'm really glad I got to share this adventure with you all. Thank you all so much for everything!

Boy, I hope I didn't ruin this story's ending...

Comments ( 36 )

This story was perfect... omg... if you make a Batmare story/kinda sequel I'd die :fluttercry:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, THAT EPILOGUE WAS AWESOME:rainbowkiss:
It's still kinda sad that the story ended, it's the the second fic I read in my whole life

Finished the story. Final thoughts.

Merging the two stories: Again. This was done beautifully, and I would fully believe that this actually happened in Arkham City. (God please let this inspire some kind of mod...):pinkiecrazy:

Storytelling: Lengthy at times, but the attention to detail was phenomenal. I also loved how your updates didn't take more than a few weeks.

Characters: Batman was in perfect character, as were the ponies. Once again, amazing.

Flow: Since the flow of the game was already kind of there, it had a great flow. But the added in stuff (Pinkie Pie's meeting with Joker... etc.) Was still beatifully written, and followed the original story to the dot.

Ending: I saw that one coming, and you get major bonus points for using one of my favorite scenes from Batman begins. :rainbowdetermined2:

Extra Thoughts: I love how Rainbow basically stole half of Batman's lines. (Not sure if foreshadowing) and I really liked how the character injuries actually carried over, they didn't seem to disappear. Freeze in Equestria. Well... it was executed well, but something tells me Freeze would still want to stay.

All in all it was definitely one of the longer fics I read, and overall, I wish I could give more positive ratings. I guess I can settle for this: :eeyup:

I think this epilogue wonderfully concludes this awesome story. I like how this adventure changed Rainbow, and I perfectly imagine Rarity designing and making the suit. Twilight could be the gadgets' provider. If you plan to do a sequel about the Batmare, I'll definitely be there to read it.
That makes me wonder if Celestia and Luna know about it (probably), and what they think of it.

Well, dark and noir don't really go with Dash, but it was still a nice conclusion, and it went to show more of Rainbow's admiration towards Bats. Thank you so much for writing this story! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I loved reading your story. Especially the epilogue. I was taken back when Rainbow Dash stole Batman's lines during the Joker's death but it seems to lead to her following his example to Equestria. Was that what you were going for? The adventure changed her for better or worst? Still it would nice if every world had a Batman of sorts. Rainbow dash has the skills, the resources, and the motivation. If Batman were less grumpy he would be proud. One thing is for certain is that crime is so bucked! All that's missing is theme music. Let me fix that. :rainbowderp:
[youtube=iZst_2xJHAI]

What no Pinkie? Boo hiss (j/k well mostly)!

Pinkie will have to bring back the Mare Do Well costume just to be the alternative hero (and to just rustle RD's jimmies).

At beginning of first chapter, "Oh great, a crossover between a game and mlp, time to read the fails!" Chapter 16, " Well This isnt tooo bad of a story." Reach epilogue, Fuuuuucking EPIC!
Exaggerated of course I loved from the beginning, fits my head canon of RD for her to go batmare, even if that name sounds silly. Please, someone, ANYONE do a batmare sequel!

And now Equestria has a new hero...:rainbowdetermined2:, and Mr. Freeze finally gets his happy ending:yay:

In general terms this was a good crossover, with the Mane 6 and the Arkham cast completely in-character, and King Sombra being an equine version of ra's al ghul was an interesting take of the character.

The only sad fact is that we didn´t see Catwoman in action, it would have been interesting to see her interactions with the mane 6.

2544969

That theme is good but this is more... classic.

just to remind you of all the time we had together, ML arkham, we were together to the end:pinkiesad2:

2644880
And again, I must thank you and everyone else who stuck with me until the very end.
You guys made this happen, you guys made this story what it is. Thank you so much! :pinkiesmile:

And it was such a wonderful story, you adapted Arkham City with ponies impeccably, and you didn't miss a single detail that's actually in the game. I mean, you even got right the enemies position, numbers and equipment accurately, and I started the game again to confirm that:pinkiehappy:

Pd: does AJ's struggle with the Riddler's trap counts as her boss fight? Otherwise she's the only one of the mane6 who didn't had a boss fight :ajsleepy:

I really liked this story, although personally I would have liked to have seen Applejack give Riddler a good buck to the stomach.

I wanna play this game again and read the whole story

2866572 yeah, she's the only pony without a boss fight :ajsleepy:

2544969

Always prefered Zimmers...

I have to admit, I'm very impressed! I never thought I'd actually see a my little pony and Batman crossover that works! This was amazing from beginning to end and I hope to see more great stories from you, keep up the great work!

3709002
2161769 Thomas Elliot. Or Hush

Very well done fanfiction. No major glaring errors, will play new game plus of It. I was literally chanting "All my yes" at the beginning of this chapter.

Im sorry but AWESOME .... Batmare yes yes yes more please. we promise to be good ponies for another story

5125160
If only... but he has vanished 52 weeks ago.

5445836 except for the Joker :rainbowlaugh:

I just need to drop this, the most epic music in the game

3847419 Just under two years since you commented but hey better late then never.

The only thing I can say to that is that in the Arkham verse, Gotham seems disconnected with most of the remaining DC universe. Aside from a mention or two it's fair to say Batman keeps to Gotham and so do the villains. Given how Riddler acts, saying people are lying if it goes outside what he believes, he may have always chalked up any inmates mention of magical beings as stupid people believing stupid myths. Also, this Riddlers seems so focused on Batman I don't think he cares about other heroes.

You're awesome! I've read the whole story and gained all kinds of emotions during reading. Do you do these things often? 'Cause I also hoped someone would make one of Arkham Origins and/or Arkham Knight.

So... Arkham Knight sequel with this version of Batmare?

7815266 This is my immature mind mostly, but I always took that as, "I've peed in this tea Batman. And you drank it. Hehehehehehe.":rainbowlaugh:

I just came across you're story and I have to say I was impressed. The way you merged both worlds seemed very well done. There are a few things I would've liked to see.
1. Weaving the side quests into the story. I know their technically side quests but it would've been cool to see how Applejack would face someone like Bane or seeing Fluttershy come face to face with Zsasz seeing how she was so scared of him. Maybe have Rainbow, the fastest Pegasus in Ponyville dodge shots from Deadshot, DC's greatest marksmen. Maybe seeing Rarity's interaction with the Hush side quest since all Hush did was take and take. Maybe have Twilight help Batman with the Azeral side quest and have Azeral give Twilight a warning about one of her future adventures like he did Batman I know you were able to merge the story of the ponies regaining their elements with the main Batman story, but using the side quests to add to the story about the mane six losing touch with their elements would've been a nice touch
2. Easter eggs and riddles. You touched on a lot of the good eggs but they're are some some that would've been nice to see like the ponies actually inside the boat at the steel mill and seeing what lies within, the messages found on the cryptographic sequencer, and seeing Azeral earlier in the story on the roof at the entrance. And as far as riddles go, they also would've been nice to see. Obviously you probably couldn't do all of them but some here and there to make the world feel bigger like Arkham Asylum in the distance, the twins, Scarecrow's mask, The Flying Graysons poster. Just nice little touches and reactions that would've been nice to see to give the ponies a bigger look at the world they were in.
3. More encounters with villains. Like I said with the side quests and easter eggs, seeing more connections to the world around would've been nice to see and a good place would be the villains. You did a good job with Fluttershy and Victor, and Rarity with Penguin was interesting, although I feel like Catwoman is like a broken reflection of Rarity and seeing interact could've been really fascinating. Pinkie and Joker had the meeting that I would expect but after that they never talk again. It could've been interesting seeing Joker trying to manipulate her more or watching Pinkie question everything she knew about joy and laughter thanks to the Joker but overcoming his corruption. It would've been nice to even bring up something about how Joker practically did the same thing to Harley and how if Pinkie doesn't overcome the corruption she'll turn into another Harley. You touch on it but I do think you couldn't used Harley and Joker a little more with Pinkie. Then there's Posion Ivy. Her loyalty lies with her plants so there could've been a struggle between her and Rainbow about loyalty or one with Applejack or even Fluttershy considering their connections with nature. Maybe have Twilight and Riddler play more mind games against each other. Maybe something with Two-Face even.
These are all just things that I would've liked to see. I'm not saying I hate what you did. I just think you could've done more with the material you were given. It would've been a lot harder and a lot longer I know but seeing a fully fleshed out dark and gritty world through the ponies hope filled eyes would've been very interesting. The contrast between their light and the DCU's darkness and realism.

Loved this! Balanced everything perfectly!

6841033
Problem is, Joker already knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

That was a pretty good story. I liked how you had the ponies do things without Batman and were able to handle themselves. I also liked the friendship Fluttershy had with Freeze made sense.

The only major problem I had was that Sombra sort of came and went. I felt it would have been better if he at least had a little more foreshadowing to his involvement.

It was still an over all good story and I'm glad I saw a good crossover with my favorite Arkham game. I saw by your journal that you aren't doing a sequel and that's absolutely fine since this was a solid story.

And I expected that the epilogue will be about the Arkham Knight and Scarecrow planning against Batman.

After all this time, still a great story.

I had to admit, this is a perfect example of a crossover of the series and the content of the game being blended perfectly together.

Bought Arkham Collection, and I’m playing Arkham City for the first time in years. Felt like reading this again

Login or register to comment