• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 18,245 Views, 296 Comments

My Little Arkham - ADHD365



The Mane 6 are put into Arkham City. They have to find a way to survive and a way back home...

  • ...
9
 296
 18,245

Lost-and-Found

---FOURTY MINUTES IN THE FUTURE---


Rarity was numb all over her body. She wasn’t aware of anything that was going on around her. After Cobblepot had accidentally frozen her in a block of ice, she blacked out. She didn’t know what would happen to her, she didn’t know what happened to Freeze, she didn’t know if she would live.

After what felt like an eternity in darkness, she was brought back by a slap to her cheek. It took a while for the darkness to fade, but when it did, she was looking into the eyes of Mr. Cobblepot.

“You better stay awake if you wanna stay alive, miss Rarity.” He cackled. “I hear your freaky pony friends are workin’ with the Bat. They’re here and they’re lookin’ for ya.”

Rarity tried to speak but she couldn’t. She was still frozen in place, but she wasn’t in the room with Freeze anymore. She was frozen on a ledge over a large body of water and ice. In the center of the room was a large structure with an old mans face carved into it. She didn’t recognize who it was.

Cobblepot was standing on a small wooden raft in front of her. Two henchmen, who began to row the raft toward a large platform over to the left, accompanied him. The doorway leading to the platform was titled “The Iceberg Lounge.” Rarity remembered that she had awoken in the Iceberg Lounge after she was separated from Fluttershy and Bruce Wayne. She didn’t get the chance to look around at what else was in this museum.

“You better hope that my guys don’t do a good job at stoppin’ them and they find you in time.” Cobblepot said with another laugh. “We also got some pig cops who were workin’ undercover inside my little fortress here. After I off’d one of ‘em, the Bat didn’t look very happy.”

Rarity still didn’t know what he was talking about. As he floated away, she noticed that the darkness was returning from around her eyes and she was beginning to slip. She shook her head as vigorously as she could to try and stay awake. It worked, but for how long?

Still unable to speak, she watched as Cobblepot approached the platform to the Iceberg Lounge. On the platform there was another man. He was large, and he had the word ‘pig’ written on his chest. Two more henchmen were holding him. As Cobblepot got onto the platform, an explosion from across the room alerted them all. Rarity turned her head and eyes as much as she could to see what had happened.

Cobblepot looked to the other side, and immediately went for Freeze’s ice gun and aimed it. The explosion had left a thin blanket of icy smoke that shrouded over three figures. Two of them were ponies, Rarity could tell that much, the other was a man in a black cape and a pointy ears sticking straight up off his head.

As the smoke cleared, the man stepped forward. Cobblepot took aim and fired at him. The man instinctively pushed the two ponies back and his arm was frozen to the wall behind him. Rarity didn’t know who this was, but she knew it was rescue.


---ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES EARLIER---


"Dear Twilight Sparkle, My Faithful Student.

I do not know what powers transported you from Equestria to the world you are in now. The very moment you and your friends disappeared, Luna and I began to investigate. Your friends and family are helping us as much as they can, however nothing could have prepared us for a situation as dire as this.

As you are aware, my little ponies, the Elements of Harmony are what keep Equestria balanced. Their power has continued to keep said balance for eons. They were intended to keep Equestria well regardless of where they were at all times, but something is not right.

Equestria is on the brink of death. I am at a loss for any other words on how to explain it. The world of Equestria itself is dying. Wind is no longer blowing, plants and vegetation don't grow, and even the Cloudsdale weather factory has shut down. The Pegasi don't know how or why it has, but they have tried everything they can to get it up and running once again. All of their valiant attempts have regrettably been in vain.

Unfortunately, it does not get any better. The stars are falling out of the sky, and the sun is losing its ability to shine. I have used much of my power to keep it alive, but in a few hours it will never shine again. The only explanation is that the Elements have been tampered with some sort of evil power. Something that has caused them to represent something they are not. If the Elements are not restored to their former state soon, life in Equestria, as we know it will come to an end forever.

With this letter, you will find a book of spells. Only the very few unicorns who have mastered every imaginable aspect of magic have seen this book. It is the most advanced book ever written on magic by none other than Starswirl the Bearded. The spells, when mastered and used correctly, will grant you powers that defy the imagination.

My Faithful Student, I have full confidence in you. You are ready for this book. You have been the most brilliant and most talented unicorn I have ever had the honor to teach. You and your friends must return the Elements to their former state. The fate of everypony we love and hold dear is in your capable hooves. I have complete faith in you, Twilight Sparkle, as well as your friends. Reunite with them, restore the Elements, and return home.

Remember, your friendship with one another is more powerful than anything you will ever encounter.

-Princess Celestia"

Twilight read the letter over and over again. With every passing second, she felt the gravity of the situation they were in increase. Rainbow looked worriedly at her. “Uh, Twilight?” She began, “Are you alright?”

Twilight didn’t answer right away. She continued to read the letter again and again for a few minutes. Rainbow simply stood there, unsure of what to do next.

Finally, Twilight spoke. “Where is the book?”

Rainbow turned around to face a small box. She walked over to it and picked it up. “The letter was floating above this box. I guess it’s in here.”

Twilight rolled up the letter and walked over to the box. She opened it up and looked inside. Sure enough, there was the book. Mastering the Techniques of Advanced Unicorn Magic, by Starswirl the Bearded, with authorization from the Royal Canterlot School of Magic.

Twilight trembled as she lifted the book with her magic. It had gold bindings on the spine and it had a small lock. She looked inside the box and saw a little key sitting on more items inside. She picked up the key and stuck it in the lock. The lock clicked open, unlocked the book. All her hard work, all her studying, all those hours of learning everything she could about magic had led her up to this point. She placed her hoof on the cover, and opened to the title page.

Rainbow looked inside the box to see what else was inside. There was another little note sitting on top.

“Twilight, look at this.” She said as she picked it up and read it aloud.

“Remember, you represent the Elements of Harmony. Your friendship will always be stronger than anything you will encounter.”

Rainbow put down the note and exhaled deeply. “This is…” She paused, searching for the right words, “This is huge, Twilight. What are we going to do?”

Twilight shook her head. “I have no idea.”

There was a long moment of silence, as they both said nothing. Eventually, Rainbow looked inside the box once again and pulled out a set of saddlebags. She examined them thoroughly before putting them on. They were a dark shade of gray with black buckles that closed the flaps. She pulled the strap on it and made sure it was snug before reaching into the box again and pulling out two more.

“Uh, Twilight? I think this is for you.” She said, tossing one to her. Twilight looked up and caught it. She looked at it for a moment before pulling it on herself. Then she looked to Rainbow.

“What else is in there?” She asked.

“Four more saddlebags. One for each of us.” Rainbow replied.

Twilight walked over to the box and looked inside. Rainbow held one while there were three more sets of saddlebags lying in the box. They pulled out the rest and reached the bottom of the box. Sitting there was another note.

It read, “In case you are separated, go to page 274 in the book and learn that spell. It will provide great assistance.”

Twilight opened the book and turned to page 274. “Ah, here it is. Lets see, ‘this spell provides an object with infinite space for storage and safekeeping.’ Cool!” She grinned.

She read over the spell a few times before closing the book. She concentrated her magic onto her saddlebag and began the spell. Her horn lit up as well as the bag and a small flash appeared. Then it was over.

Twilight was confused. With a spell from such an advanced book, she was expecting to feel tired or worn out, but she felt nothing at all.

“Hmmm. Odd.” She said to herself.

She picked up another saddlebag and put it up to hers. As she began to place it inside, it seemed to slide in with the greatest of ease until it was completely inside. Twilight looked inside and saw nothing.

“Hey! Where did it go?” She exclaimed. She looked around the inside of the bag, but it was totally black. She reached her hoof inside and immediately she felt it. She pulled it out of the saddlebag and examined it. It was exactly the same as it was before she put it in.

“That’s so cool!” Rainbow said with a huge smile spreading across her face. “We’ll be able to fit anything in there!”

Twilight smiled to her friend. “Come on! We still need to go find Rarity!”

Over the next few minutes, they both grabbed the rest of the saddlebags, the book, and the box and put them all inside Twilights bag. After they were all squared away, they began to run toward the museum once again.

They had to go up and down a few sets of stairs before they saw the entrance to the museum. They stopped and remained quiet. In front of the museum were four henchmen. They all looked tough and had various kinds of weapons. Thinking quickly, Twilight reached into her bag and pulled out the book. She started flipping through the pages as fast as she could.

“Lets see, lets see, lets see, come on, come on, come on, come on…” She chanted quietly.

Rainbow switched her gaze back and forth from Twilight to the henchmen guarding the entrance. “What are you looking for?” She quietly asked her.

“I’m trying to find a spell that will give us brute strength, or invulnerability or something. Anything that would be helpful against them.” Twilight replied.

Rainbow nodded approvingly and looked back to the henchmen. “Well find something quick. We need to hurry.”

“I’m looking, I’m looking.” Twilight said.

Another moment passed when something in the air caught Rainbow’s attention. It was dark and it was swiftly approaching the entrance to the museum.

“Twilight look!” Rainbow pointed to the dark figure.

“Not now, Rainbow! I need to focus!” Twilight replied. She sounded frustrated.

“Seriously, Twilight! Look!” She grabbed her and made her look forward. Twilight reluctantly looked to see the dark figure in the air.

“What the hay?” She whispered.

The next second, the figure slammed into one of the henchmen and threw him into the wall.

“Batman! He’s here!” One of the henchmen said.

The henchman that had been thrown went unconscious immediately. Batman turned to the one on his left and nailed him in the face with a swift right hook. He then rolled backwards into the other henchman closest to Twilight and Rainbow. He flew backwards and landed right in front of them. Batman then turned his attention to the other two.

Rainbow charged at the grounded henchman, who was just beginning to get off the ground. She hit him in the back of the head and he fell forward.

“Take THAT!” She yelled.

The henchman swung around to face her. He was enraged. Twilight and Rainbow both lunged toward him. Rainbow went for his face and flew up. While he stepped back, Twilight went for his legs and tripped him. He fell forward and landed on his chest. Rainbow then came speeding down and landed on the back of his head, knocking him out.

While they were busy with finishing him, Batman had just knocked out the last of the other henchmen guarding the entrance. They approached him cautiously.

“Yo Batman! Remember us?” Rainbow said with an enormous smile on her face.

Batman faced them. “Yes I do. What are you doing out here?” He demanded.

Rainbow stammered as she searched for the words to say. “Well, uh, we came out to, uh…”

Twilight stepped forward. “We left to go search for our friends. We found one of them, and she told us that our other friend was locked up here in the museum.”

Batman stared at them for another moment before he made his way to the door. Twilight and Rainbow followed him up the steps. The door was barred to prevent entry. Batman walked over to a computer screen and pulled out a device. He knelt down beside it and began to move the knobs around in circles.

“What are you doing?” Twilight asked him.

He didn’t answer. He just continued to spin the knobs until it made a beeping sound. After that, he put the device away and the gate opened. The girls watched in awe as it rose to the top.

He turned to them again. “I’m looking for Mr. Freeze. If I find your friend, I’ll help her. You need to stay here where it’s safe.” He said.

“Oh nonononono. I don’t think so!” Rainbow said as she flew up to his eye level. “We’re tired of waiting here for something bad to happen! We’re going in there and we’re going to find our friend!”

She looked him in the face and stared each other down for another moment. If looks could kill, then Rainbow would be dead right now. Nevertheless, she stayed as firm as she could.

Twilight nervously stepped forward. “Please, sir? If anything we’ll be able to help you. We’re pretty tough, despite appearances. Besides, you don’t look like you’re feeling very well.”

Batman looked at them both, and then breathed a slight sigh of reluctance. “I don’t like it.” He paused for another moment. “Stay close to me and you’ll be fine.”

“Thank you so much, Batman!” Twilight said with a smile.

“Yeah! Thanks a lot Bats!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Batman turned to the door but paused a second after Rainbow said ‘Bats.’ He then turned the handle to the museum and they all walked inside.


---PRESENT---


Pinkie Pie bounced along the highway, humming to herself in her usual cheerful manner. Despite the circumstances, she was actually having a bit of fun as she searched for food. She continued to bounce along the road for a few feet. It turned left and continued until it forked either to the left or the right. Pinkie looked both ways before turning right. The road leading left was destroyed, but the right led to an industrial section of the city.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie Pie spoke aloud to herself. “I’m gonna just take a quick look around for the food over here, but I wont go any further! I made a promise to Fluttershy that I wouldn’t go to the Steel Mill. Not just any kind of promise, a Pinkie Promise! That’s like the most promisy promise anypony can make!”

As she approached, she saw an enormous structure on the road. It looked like it raised and lowered a bridge that led to another section of the prison. In front of it sat a large crate. It was torn open from one side and had a lot of different kinds of cans, bags and other assorted food inside. Pinkie just about took off toward it but stopped when she saw five henchmen lying down in front of the crate.

“Whoa! What happened here?” She wondered aloud. She took a closer look at one of them. “Uh oh. He looks like one of the meanie clowns that tried to hurt us back at the church!”

She figured that she better get what she came for and fast. She quickly made her way to the box and began to look in the box for food she could bring back to Fluttershy.

“Lets see, we have dog food…. What’s ‘chili’? Ingredients are….Eww! Meat and beans?! I can’t give this to Fluttershy! If I was in charge of this story, I would have put something actually good in these boxes!”

Well you aren’t in charge of this story, Pinkie. I am.

Pinkie looked up, “Couldn’t you have put some apples or something in here instead? You know we’re vegetarians, right?!”

Well yeah, but look around you! This place doesn’t isn’t a fun, happy place like Equestria.

“I know! Change the mood of this story! Make things brighter, give us some smiles, make some of the henchmen in here be just a little nicer to us!”

That would ruin the feel of the story! Stop telling me to make this something it isn’t!

Pinkie motioned to the environment around her. “Come on! I bet your readers would love a little change in scenery!”

Pinkie please let me write! We need to get on with this!

She began to jump around in circles excitedly. “Oh yeah! We’re about to go over-”

PINKIE PIE! NO SPOILERS!

She sunk down and gave a nervous smile. “Oops! Sorry!” She walked over to the crate and began to rummage through the miscellaneous packages of food again, looking for something that she could give to Fluttershy that wasn’t processed meat.

Unfortunately, the best she could find was the dog food and a few bottles of dirty water. She sighed disappointedly as she gathered them all up. There was a white fabric that covered the box. She assumed it was a parachute used to slow the crates descent. She ripped a chunk off and wrapped the food in that to carry back to Fluttershy.

As she picked up the makeshift sack, she heard something. It sounded like beeps bouncing and echoing off of the buildings behind her. At first there was just one beep. Then two. Then five. Soon, she couldn’t count how many beeps there were. She turned to face the direction she came and they continued to beep for a few seconds. Pinkie knew something was wrong.

Suddenly, the road ahead exploded with a bright light and a deafening boom. She flew backwards toward the crate again and landed on her back. The world around her grew very quiet and muffled except for a loud ringing in her ears. She curled up in a ball and waited for the muffled explosions to pass.

She didn’t dare close her eyes. She saw the bridge in front of her illuminate as the light from the explosions lit up everything around her. What felt like several minutes, only lasted a few seconds as she poked her head up and faced the road behind her.

The road was gone. Debris and smoke was everywhere. She was completely cut off from Fluttershy and the rest of the prison. Her hair deflated and her smile disappeared. She was absolutely distraught.

She began to think. “What now? There is no way I’ll be able to get to Fluttershy on my own! I have to get this to her or else the worst could happen!” She looked around, defeated. “Help. I need to get help.” She turned to the drawbridge behind her and looked to see what lie beyond.

It was a large, industrial part of the prison. It looked so polluted that the smog it created above city was a shade of orange. It looked like a nightmare come true. As she stared, she noticed a few structures in the background. She could swear that there was a ferris wheel toward the back. There was also a large collection of multicolored lights on the buildings. There was also a large pillar in the back that was producing a large amount of black smoke leading upward.

“The Steel Mill.” Pinkie whispered.

She turned around to face the broken highway once again. A TYGER helicopter was now looking over the damage with his spotlight. Naturally, Pinkie moved behind the crate to avoid any chance of it seeing her.

She remembered the promise that she made to Fluttershy. Under the circumstances she was in, not going to the Steel Mill was no longer an option. She was going to have to break that promise. Her eyes began to tear up as she came to her conclusion. “I’m sorry Fluttershy, but I have to.”

She turned toward the drawbridge and tried to find a way to the industrial section beyond. The bridge was raised and she couldn’t see any way of lowering it. The frames on the end crisscrossed with each other all the way to the top. She thought about climbing it.

She walked over to the frame and placed her front hooves in the little crevice the bars made in the frame. She pulled herself up to the next crevice and began to climb up. It was just like climbing a ladder. Once she reached the raised bridge, a voice came over an intercom from the Steel Mill.

“Welcome, inmates! You are now taking your first tentative steps towards a better world! A world of fun, mischief, and best of all, a world where the only one you need to answer to is yours, truly!”

Pinkie listened closely to the announcement. He gave gleeful laugh afterwards. As she approached the ledge, she saw more signs and lights. One sign was lit up above the entrance titled ‘Joker’s Funhouse’.

Pinkie remembered what Fluttershy had said about Joker. ‘He’s an evil man who does evil things to innocent people.’ Pinkie still didn’t understand how he could be as evil as Fluttershy said. She assumed it was his voice announcing. He promised a world of fun and mischief. Even his name sounded like all he wanted in life was to laugh. Pinkie Pie was the Element of Laughter, she loved fun and a little mischief every so often, and she wasn’t evil. She began to wonder if they could be friends and maybe Joker could help her and her friends. The thought made her hair return to its normal style and her smile return to her face.

She happily made her way down the frame on the opposite side and landed on the road beneath. Suddenly, her knee began to feel pinchy. She looked at it and gasped. “Oh no! Something scary is about to happen!”

She crouched on the ground and looked all around her for anything potentially scary. Then she heard a voice. “Hey you!”

She looked forward and saw two clown henchmen slowly walking toward her with rifles. As they approached, one of them turned on his radio and began to talk into it. “Yo, J. You ain’t gonna believe what me ‘n Razor just found.”

The other still approached her while Pinkie shuddered nervously. “What the?” He asked.

Pinkie paused a moment, unsure of what to do. “Hi. I’m Pinkie Pie. I’m a pony.”

The clown recoiled and shrieked as soon as she said it. “Holy hell! That thing can talk!”

He fell down and landed on his butt, dropping the gun. The other clown on the radio also gave a little shriek. Pinkie tried her best to hold back, but she couldn’t help herself. She laughed as hard as she could at the sight. The henchmen slowly got to their feet and looked at her as she laughed.

The voice on the radio began to talk. “What? What did you find? Did you find some brains? It would be great if you guys did! Then I wouldn’t feel like I’m just passing time by giving some monkeys a shiny thing to play with! Hee hee hee ha ha ha ha!”

Pinkie continued to laugh with the voice on the radio. “Oh, my! That doesn’t sound like one of my guys. Doesn’t sound like a guy at all! She has a great sense of humor though!”

“Are you kidding? I love to laugh at everything! Hee hee hee ha ha!” Pinkie said.

The clown on the radio spoke. “No its this talkin’ horse! She’s small and pink!”

The other clown pointed his gun to her. “Shut up!” He yelled.

Pinkie stopped laughing and became worried again. The voice on the radio spoke again. “A little talking horse? HA! Now that’s funny! Bring her here, but don’t have too much fun with her. I want her alive.”

Eyes wide, Pinkie looked to the clown above her as he lifted his gun in the air and turned it around. Before the butt of the rifle came into contact with her, the other henchman replied. “You got it, Joker.”

Then the thug struck the back of her head and she slipped from consciousness.


---


The booms and explosions startled Fluttershy awake. “Pinkie?” She said. Her head shot up and she looked around the shack she was in. the ground beneath her was shaking and rumbling. Worried, she stood up and slowly walked outside after the shaking stopped.

Outside the shack, she saw the three men she had previously met in front of the church. They were huddled together and were looking toward the freeway beyond the wall to the camp.

“Wha-? What the hell was that?!” One of them asked.

“I’m not sure, but I think the freeway is gone!” Replied another

Fluttershy gasped.

“You think Penguin or Joker did something?” The first man asked.

“If it was sabotage, I bet it was Penguin.” The third one spoke. “Joker’s too sick to make any huge decisions like that. Not to mention the fact that Penguin has access to all kinds of crap.”

Fluttershy sat down where she was and began to feel herself tear open inside. She didn’t cry. She was in too much shock. For all she knew, Applejack, Rarity, and now Pinkie Pie were gone. She wouldn’t be far behind.

She didn’t know what to do with herself. All she could do was just sit and replay all the moments she had with her three friends, now departed.

Then she remembered the moments she spent with them when the first arrived in Arkham City. She remembered Strange, the guards, the henchmen, and Mr. Cobblepot. She remembered how they had all treated her and her friends like filth. How they Pushed, and abused them like they were nothing but scum. She felt something inside her grow. A feeling she had never felt before. It was aggressive, determined, and it wanted to get out. Part of her wanted to shun the new emotion and never see it again, but another part wanted to embrace it. She wanted revenge.

Fluttershy glanced upward toward a passing helicopter. For the first time, she allowed herself to believe that she hated that helicopter. She hated the guard who was flying the helicopter. She hated whoever made the helicopter. She wanted nothing more than to fly up to it and destroy it with her bare hooves.

She turned around and gave a disgusted look to the poster behind her. It showed a silhouette of Hugo Strange with a smirk on his face, the Arkham City logo right above him. The background was of a city. The caption above him read ‘CONFORM AND COMPLY’ in bold black letters.

Fluttershy’s nostrils flared and her breathing began to quicken as her mind began to think of ways he could pay. How she would make him pay. She smiled at these thoughts. They exited her in an entirely new way. She pictured him in a corner, bruised and bleeding. Justice finally brought after what he had done to her. He would be suffering, so she would end his suffering and misery right then and there…

Her eyes widened. “Oh my goodness!” She gasped and shook her head as fast as she could. Trying to get the violent thoughts and images out of her head. She scolded herself, “Fluttershy, what is the matter with you?! This isn’t like you at all! You represent the Element of Kindness! You shouldn’t be thinking such horrific things about anyone!”

She suddenly felt very ashamed. She also felt very worried. Not so much about her friends, but more about herself. She could very easily tell that this awful place was getting to her.

The feeling of euphoria gone, she suddenly felt very weak and wobbly in the knees. She sat down and took a few deep breaths to try and calm herself. One of the men in front of her had noticed her. He told the other two something before beginning to walk over to her.

“How are you feeling? Are you okay?” He asked, kneeling by her.

Still trying to calm down, she began to tear up. “No, I’m not.” She said as she looked up to him. “My friend could be gone now and I can’t do anything about it.” She began to cry into her hooves again.

The man looked at her with as much sympathy as he could. “I’m so sorry” He said, placing a hand on her head. “It will all be okay. Don’t worry.”

Openly weeping, she sat for another moment before wrapping her arms around him and hugging him as hard as she could. The man returned the hug and consoled her as best he could.

After a moment, she released her grip on him and wiped away her tears. They then began to talk for a few minutes about what happened to the freeway, and what happened with her friends. Although it was likely, she refused to believe that Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack were gone. So they talked about her options, which were unfortunately pretty limited.

The man was very helpful. He gave her comfort, and she felt like she could trust him. He even gave her some bread that he had stashed away for himself a few days ago. It was cold and hard to chew, but it was one of the best things she ever had.

“Well, the most logical thing to do would be to go back to the museum and find your other friends. If they are as tough as you say, then you should have no trouble getting back in and finding them easily.” He said.

Fluttershy gulped nervously. She had just broken out of the museum and got pretty injured. She didn’t know what would happen to her if she tried to go back.

“Well, I’m not sure if I can. I still don’t feel strong enough to fly all the way back.” Fluttershy said.

The man thought for a moment before glancing toward the church. “If no one is in the church, what if you took something to give you more energy? Like an adrenaline shot or something?”

Fluttershy thought for a moment. It could work. “Is it safe?”

“Not if you use it regularly.” He replied. “One or two times shouldn’t cause any permanent harm.”

She nodded. “Okay. I’ll go over there and look around.” She walked over to the wall and climbed on one of the many boxes lining the side. Before she hopped over, she turned to face him once again. “Please don’t go anywhere. I will be right back.”

And with that, she hopped over the wall.


---


“…267, 268…” Applejack counted with every kick to the wall. She was beginning to get tired. However, she didn’t show it. The wall she just kicked stopped moving and she quickly made her way over to the opposite wall. Lining herself up as fast as she could, she gave it another kick. “269!”

She slipped and her front hooves almost fell out from beneath her. She quickly caught herself and gave the wall another awkward kick. “270!”

The wall stopped moving. Instinctively, she ran over to the opposite wall and prepared to kick again. After giving it a hard kick, she noticed that it hadn’t started up again. She looked around at the other walls and noticed that none of them were moving either.

“Wha…What’s goin’ on?” She panted. “Why ain’t the walls movin’ no more?”

“I figured you could use a little break.” Riddler replied over the intercom.

Applejack gave a sigh of relief and sat down on her haunches. About ten seconds later, the wall to her left began to move once again. Shocked, she quickly got to her hooves and looked at it.

“Break’s over!” Riddler said with a laugh.

Applejack yelled in anger and ran to the wall and began to kick it again. She was kicking harder than before. She bucked the wall as hard and as fast as she could until it made a small dent in the metal. She paid it no heed and ran to the other wall. She kicked it just as hard as she had done to the other one.

“That’s right mule, keep kicking.” Riddler said. “Your good friend Fluttershy is about to stumble upon a riddle made specifically for her.”

Applejacks eyes widened. She looked up and yelled as loud as she could. “Don’t you DARE put her into one of these here deathtraps ya’ll have got or else yer dead, Riddler!”

“Relax! I know she wouldn’t last long enough for it to be considered a challenge. I estimate that she will go get your friend Twilight involved thinking she will attempt to find a way to ‘magically’ rescue you.” He said sarcastically.

Applejack ran to work on the other wall. “Well, it sounds like ya’ll don’t believe she can do that.” She said.

“Of course not!” He replied. “There is no way she will find a way to solve the puzzle I have planned for her!”

“No not her brains!” Applejack grunted as she kicked the wall, causing it to stop. “Her special skill for usin’ magic!”

The walls all shut down once again and for the first time, she heard Riddler sound surprised. “What?”