• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 18,245 Views, 296 Comments

My Little Arkham - ADHD365



The Mane 6 are put into Arkham City. They have to find a way to survive and a way back home...

  • ...
9
 296
 18,245

Reunion

Fluttershy stirred as she slowly regained consciousness from the fall. How long had she been out? Ten minutes? Twenty? She didn’t know for sure. She opened one eye. Everything was dark and fuzzy. She heard muffled voices coming from her left. There were two of them. She turned her head toward them and tried to see who they belonged to. She blinked a few times to try and clear her vision. At first, all she could see was two bluish-grey blobs talking to each other. She blinked a few more times until the image became clearer.

About three feet away stood two men in big blue coats. One of them had his hood up, while she recognized the other as the man who had been put in here with her. She remembered Bruce Wayne saying that his name was Ryder. They were both looking at her and talking.

“Look, she’s waking up.” The man said. It sounded muffled, but she could understand him.

“Oh, good.” Ryder said. “Hey. Can you hear me?”

Fluttershy made a small mumbling sound. She inhaled deeply and tried to sit up. She sat up slightly before she felt a stinging pain on her left flank. She instinctively made a small cry as she grabbed for it. The two men quickly went to her side.

“Whoa, careful! You have a pretty serious cut there.” The man said to her.

She looked to her flank and sure enough, there was a very large cut on her flank among other smaller cuts all over her. The largest cut went right through one of the butterflies she had on her cutie mark. It had been bleeding profusely over the period of time that she was unconscious. Her eyes started to water once again, and she began to cry softly.

Ryder looked at her. “Hey, don’t worry. We’re going to help you, okay?” He turned and scooped up a pile of dirty snow and held it in his hand. “Eat this. It’s going to be nasty, but you need water. You’ve lost some blood.”

She wiped away her tears and looked at it. He put it in front of her and she scooped it up in her mouth. He was right. It was nasty, but she didn’t care. She melted it in her mouth and swallowed. It felt like the most refreshing drink of water she ever had. He scooped up another handful while the other man began to rip some fabric he had been holding into strips.

After a few ‘drinks’ of water, she spoke to him. “Thank you so much, Mr. Ryder.” Her voice was weak and crackly. She tried to clear her throat and then spoke again. “Thank you.” She repeated with a small smile.

Ryder returned with small grin. Then he turned to the other man. “How’s it coming?” he asked.

“I have a few strips done.” He replied. “We’re going to have to tie a few together or else they won’t be long enough.”

Fluttershy looked at them with a worried look on her face. Ryder saw it, and took it as a question. “We’re going to make you a makeshift cast until we get some real supplies at the church.”

She looked at her flank. She felt so sad that her butterfly was ruined. She felt foolish. Taking that big of a risk of flying out into the cold, thinking everything would be okay. She criticized herself for forgetting how cold it was outside. At least it wasn’t too bad underneath the glass tunnel she was in.

The two men began to carefully clean and wrap up her cut flank. She winced a few times when it hurt, but it wasn’t too bad. After a minute or so, they had used up all the fabric. They managed to completely cover up the cut.

“Do you think you can stand?” The other man asked her.

“I-I’ll try.” She said.

They gently helped her out of the garbage and onto the pavement in front of her. They slowly took away their support and let her try to stand on her own. It took a little time, but she began to walk around in small circles, limping with every other step.

“Good. I’m glad that worked.” Ryder said. “It’s not a permanent fix, though. Not until we get to the church and get the proper help.”

Fluttershy limped over to them. “Oh, um, alright. Is it safe to go now?”

The other man cautiously looked down either way of the glass tunnel before answering. “I think so. I don’t see anyone else down here, but its not safe to assume that everything is safe based on a first glance. We should get going as fast as we can until we get there.”

Ryder nodded and looked to Fluttershy. “If you have any questions, we can walk and talk. We need to go now though, okay?”

“Okay.” She answered.

They started to walk to the left. Ryder walked next to the other man directly in front of Fluttershy, keeping with her pace. She limped on as fast as she could. Then she remembered her wings. She didn’t know if they were injured or not. She instinctively closed them when she felt the icy breeze hit her when she flew out of the museum so quickly.

She opened each one up slowly. They both felt fine. She began to flap them until she started to come off the ground. She felt relieved that now she could move around more quickly, but she noticed something different. She felt like she was exerting as much energy to stay in midair as she would when trying to fly as fast as she could.

She felt extremely tired after a minute or so. That’s when she remembered her cut. She had lost some blood after she fell through the glass, so it must have also depleted her energy. She lowered herself to the ground again. Cringing as her cut stung her when she landed. She would use her wings again after she got the help she needed, or if it turned into a live or die situation down here.

The three continued down the dark alleyway. Fluttershy had asked them a few questions about what has been going on, or if they had seen any of her friends. The other man had been in Arkham City for about four days, but he hadn’t heard or seen anything in the past few hours. Ryder said that after Bruce Wayne rescued him from the thug, Cobblepot knocked him, Rarity and Fluttershy unconscious. The remaining thugs gave him a few good kicks while he was curled up on the ground, but after they left, Ryder got himself up and ran to the nearest alleyway he could. He didn’t know where they had taken Fluttershy or Rarity.

Fluttershy spoke. “Well, um, when I woke up inside the museum, I was being dragged by two of his henchmen. They put me inside this little room with Mr. Freeze.”

They both stopped walking and turned to her with wide eyes. “Freeze? He was right with you in the museum?” Ryder asked her.

“How did you make it out of there in one piece with Cobblepot, some thugs, and Freeze watching your every move? All of those guys are pure evil!” The other man said.

Fluttershy looked at them in confusion. “Oh, no. Mr. Freeze isn’t evil he’s just misunderstood. He was actually very nice to me.” She said to them with a small smile.

The two men looked to each other quickly and then back to Fluttershy. “Did he tell you what he’s done?” The man asked her. “Like everything he has done?”

Now she looked worried. “N-no.” She paused before continuing. “He just said that he wanted to try anything and everything to help his poor wife.”

Ryder looked like he didn’t know how to continue. “When we get a minute, remind me to tell you later.”

Fluttershy still looked worried. She met Freeze personally and he didn’t seem half as bad as everyone said he was. She didn’t know what to believe.

They continued down the alleyway for a few minutes until they neared the end of the alley. As the street slowly came into view, they heard many faint voices. They stopped walking while the other man went to investigate as silently as he could. He got a few feet from where the alley ended and hid behind some boxes as he peered around the corner. Then he came back to Fluttershy and Ryder.

“There’s about four other guys out there. They’re just talking with each other.” He whispered

“How far away are we from the church?” Ryder asked.

“Not very far. Maybe a few blocks, but unless they leave, we’re not going anywhere.” He replied.

“Isn’t there another way around?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes, but it goes through a minefield. This stupid gang war has gotten out of control. This is the only way to get there.” The man replied.

Fluttershy hung her head sadly. She still blamed herself for being so foolish and flying right into the freezing cold weather. She looked back up. Ryder and the man stood there silently. Fluttershy knew that if she didn’t get the help she needed and fast, she would die. She considered using her wings to fly over the thugs and get to the other side, but there was the double risk of them giving out and falling again, or if she did make it, she would be alone in this big prison. She had no options

She limped over to the wall and lay down against it. She put her face in her hooves and held back the tears that were about to fall down her face. She looked up to the smoggy sky in desperation. Hoping with all her heart that a miracle would happen…


---


“Officer Cash, please! We need to go out and look for our friends! They could die if we don’t help them soon!” Twilight pled to Cash.

“Nuh-uh. There is no way I’m letting you out of here. It’s way too dangerous out there for you. Besides, Batman said he would keep an eye out for them.” He replied.

Twilight, Rainbow, and Pinkie were all gathered around Cash who was guarding the main door to the church. All three of them decided that the best course of action was to go outside and take a quick look around Arkham City for their friends while Applejack was recovering.

“What if he doesn’t find them in time?” Pinkie demanded.

“We feel so guilty just sitting here waiting for something to happen! We all want to go out there and at least look!” Rainbow added.

Cash’s expression tensed. “Look, I’m doing you four a favor by keeping you here. You were outside for about ten minutes and you didn’t even see half of the crap in here.”

“Officer Cash, you have done more than enough for us tonight,” Twilight began, “We are forever in your debt for your hospitality, but our friends need us to help them. They’re probably cold and all alone in this enormous prison. If they don’t get help soon, they’ll die.”

Cash listened to her intently as she pled. Rainbow stepped in. “We will never forgive ourselves if something happens to them. All we want is a change to go out an look for a bit.”

He stood in silent thought for a few moments. Then he glanced over to Officer North, who was standing a few paces away. His eyes said to let them look if they were sure they could handle it. Cash returned his gaze to the mares. “You sure you’ll be okay?”

“Yes, we’ll be fine.” Twilight said. The three ponies’ eyes lit up as Cash reluctantly agreed.

“Okay you can go. Please be careful. If something happens to you out there, we wont be able to do anything for you.” He said as he turned to open the door.

“Okie dokie lokie! Thanks so much, Officer Cash!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

The door opened and Cash held the inner door open for them. The three ponies all walked through the door. “Thank you so much for this, and for your help. We promise we will be back for Applejack when she’s awake.” Twilight said as they made their way out the door.

“Real quick warning for you all.” Cash said. The ponies all turned around to face him. “Don’t start any fights that you don’t plan on finishing. Most of the people in here are bloodthirsty freaks that would literally kill for some easy looking targets like you. Just stay out of everyone’s business and you should be fine.” The ponies looked uneasily at one another. “Another thing. Get all the food you can find. Its rare to find in this place. Use your wits, skills, that magic, anything you can to get some food. Then get out of there fast. Finally, just don’t mess with any of the gangs around here at all.”

They all nodded in acknowledgement but were still very nervous. “Good luck.” He said as he shut the door.

The ponies turned to the outer door and got ready to walk outside once again. “Ready?” Twilight asked. “Ready.” Pinkie and Rainbow said. Then Twilight opened the door.

The temperature outside wasn’t as bad as it was when they were first put in here, but it was still very cold. They all instinctively shivered as soon as they stepped outside. The wind wasn’t blowing as bad and it was snowing. They saw the gate and moved towards it. Rainbow pushed it open and they scurried to the left, and hugged the wall. They took a second to look around at their surroundings before they began to walk down the street.

There were a few inmates on the opposite side of the street conversing with eachother and a few more in the middle of the road walking in the opposite direction; Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow looked to their hooves as they walked down the street. They heard the inmates laugh as they passed. “Keep a low profile, girls. Don’t talk to anyone just listen. See if you hear anyone say anything about Rarity or Fluttershy.” Twilight whispered.

They turned right at the end of the road and went back the way they came when they first discovered the church. There were a few inmates talking on this street too. They listened in as they spoke.

“…Then the church freakin’ exploded.”

“Wow crazy, man. Did Harley do that?”

“I think it was the Bat.”

“No way.”

“Think about it. He was the last one in, the last one out.”

“Yeah, but since when does the Bat do stuff like that?”

“Since ten minutes ago.”

They continued walking down the street. Listening to more conversations that were going on. They heard about inmates’ stories, something about a Cat tying up someone named Two-Face in a courtroom, more theories about how the church exploded, questions about why there were ponies in Arkham City, and various other conversations.

They turned a right corner and walked down the street. It was darker and gloomier than the others. There were four inmates on the left side of the street doing various activities with one another. One was doing pushups on the sidewalk. The other three were just standing around talking. The ponies stayed to the right side of the street, listening as much as they could but keeping their eyes to the ground in front of them.

One of the inmate’s heads shot up and pointed to the ponies. “Hey look! There’s some of ‘em now!”

The three ponies froze where they stood. The four inmates began to walk toward them. They all looked like they were ready to do some serious damage.

“Eddie wasn’t bullshitting us! There really are little pony freaks in here!” One of them said.

“Yeah they look real scared! What’s wrong? You guys lost?” Another inmate mocked.

Twilight spun around to face Rainbow and Pinkie. “Now what do we do?!” She whisper-yelled.

“I say we show them what us ponies are made of!” Pinkie said.

“Yeah! Remember what Cash said? He told us to use our skills, wits, and your magic! I think we can take them if we give it our all!” Rainbow added.

Twilight turned to face the quickly approaching inmates. They were running now. She faced her friends again. “Okay girls, lets do this!”

They charged toward the inmates. Twilight’s horn began to glow as she mustered up a spell, Rainbow took off in the air and sped up toward them, and Pinkie Pie bounced in zigzags around them as the gap between the inmates and ponies closed.


---


Rarity sat silently for a few moments, her anger growing every second as she looked at the man that was more evil than anyone else in Arkham City. Everyone she had met since she entered this penitentiary had said that Mr. Freeze’s heart was as cold as his name. That he showed no care for others, he only did what he did for his own selfish desires, and he had no remorse for any wrongdoings that he did. Fluttershy had been held with him.

Rarity learned of her escape from Cobblepot. His henchmen had apparently been struck with absolute and total fear at the sight of the small yellow Pegasus. Rarity didn’t think it was possible. The Fluttershy she knew couldn’t have done that to anyone. She came to the conclusion that Freeze had done something to her. Either corrupted her with some unknown method of hypnosis, or she lost her own sanity out of pure fear and had become some kind of unstable monster. She was unsure of what really happened.

“You know he was with your friend, right?” Cobblepot asked her.

Rarity nodded slightly, not taking her gaze off Freeze.

“He probably made her a new kind of scared just by lookin’ at her.” Cobblepot added with a sneer.

Freeze nervously looked back and forth to Rarity and Cobblepot. “No! No that’s not what happened at all! She was-”

In one fluid motion, Rarity sprung up in the air, flipped 180 degrees around and bucked him as hard as she could in the face, cutting him off. Freeze’s head flew back and smacked the hard floor before he slid back about a foot. Rarity turned to face him again, breathing heavily and her eyes full of fury. Cobblepot and the rest of his henchmen couldn’t hold back their laughter.

“HA HA HAA!! Yeah! Show that cold bastard a thing or two!” Cobblepot laughed.

Rarity began to advance toward Freeze. He started backing away. “No! Please! She’s all right! Fluttershy is all right! Please let me explain!”

Rarity softened her rage slightly when he said her name. She was a few paces away from him before she stopped advancing.

“Why would someone as evil as him say her name when pleading for mercy? It doesn’t make sense.” She thought to herself.

She wanted to know what happened exactly between him and Fluttershy. She would ask Fluttershy what happened when she found her, but right now, she had Freeze.

“Alright, fine! Talk! What happened in there?!” She demanded.

Freeze exhaled. “I was in this room when she woke up. She looked like she had been thro-”

Cobblepot stepped toward them. “Oi! We ain’t got time for twenty questions!” He yelled, cutting Freeze off. “You get to take him to his new room!”

Rarity turned to face Cobblepot. “I want to know what happened to Fluttershy right now!”

“Keep lippin’ off and you might not get the chance!” Cobblepot snapped back.

Rarity paused for a moment, thinking about what to say next. “If I get him there, I want a chance to question him alone.”

“I don’t think so. Not alone. You aren’t that trustworthy just yet.” He replied

“Well then have some guards keep me supervised! Either way, I want some answers from Mr. Freeze!” She retorted.

Cobblepot paused. He was getting angry. Finally he sighed. “Fine.” He said. “Don’t get any cocky ideas, though. If you do, you won’t tell anyone else about it.”

Rarity gulped but kept her defiant face as much as she could. “Thank you.” She enunciated before turning back to Freeze. Her horn was glowing. “Come on!” She demanded.

Freeze slowly got to his feet. He took one step before Rarity used her magic to pick him up in the air. At first, Freeze began to panic. Unsure of what to do, he simply sat there surrounded in the magic field that Rarity had created. She turned and began walking down the hall with Freeze trailing her like a dying balloon. The other henchmen and Cobblepot stared at her in awe.

“Holy hell…” Cobblepot said with a grin.

They continued to walk down the hall. A henchman was walking behind him while two more were on either side. Cobblepot walked on the right side of Rarity in front as they made their way. The henchmen were all taking turns mocking Freeze and spewing obscenities at him. Rarity didn’t like Freeze, not one bit, but she couldn’t help but feel sorry for him.

After about five minutes of hearing the abuse going on behind her, Cobblepot spoke up. “Hey shut yer mouths back there!” They rounded a corner and there sat a large doorway. “Here we are, the war room!”

As they entered the room, Rarity saw a number of miscellaneous objects. She saw a large map spread out along the floor in front of a tropical-themed display case. The map had miniature figurines of penguins, multicolored game pieces, and a few sets of chattering teeth. On the corner of the map was a picture of someone. His face was snow white, his lips were blood red, and he was wearing what looked like black makeup around his eyes. His hair was bright green, and his mouth was formed into an enormous smile. He looked like one of the happiest people on the planet, but also one of the creepiest.

Rarity looked around some more. There were three more henchmen in the room. Two of them were dressed like the other three that she was with. The third henchman was enormous. He was shirtless, shoeless, and he only had one arm. He looked very, very mean. On his back was an enormous sickle. He shot daggers at Rarity with his eyes alone. Rarity’s anger was gone and was now replaced with fear.

“Mr. Abromovitch! Could you be so kind as to show our guest to his new room?” Cobblepot announced with a slight laugh.

“My pleasure, Penguin.” He replied. His accent was very thick. Rarity didn’t have to be from this world to know that it didn’t sound like a good guy’s.

The giant stepped toward them. Every step he took, Rarity trembled. She spread her four legs apart to get more balance as he came closer. He was barely within reach when he reached over her and grabbed Freeze with his one massive hand. She came up to his kneecaps. She released Freeze with her magic and immediately dropped down to the ground.

“What do you want me to do with marshmallow pony?” Abromovitch asked Cobblepot. The other henchmen laughed at his question. Rarity was insulted but was too nervous to say anything.

Cobblepot chuckled. “Let her talk to Freeze alone for a bit. I need two of you to watch her while she does. Make sure she doesn’t try anything funny.”

The two henchmen who were in the room when they entered nodded in understanding.

Abromovitch carried Freeze through a door on the left side of the room that led behind the tropical display case. Rarity looked on as they exited. Then she turned to Cobblepot. He looked back at her. “Well, ya better get askin’ him whatever it is you wanna ask him. Once you’re done with him, he’s going in there.” He said as he motioned to the tropical case.

Rarity looked at the case, confused. “Why are you putting him in there? It looks like a piece of paradise, not a prison cell.”

“That all depends on how you look at certain things. Right now I imagine that the snowman is pretty nervous about what’s gonna happen. Me, I’m just exited about the newest piece in my collection.” Cobblepot said with a sneer.

Rarity continued to look at the case. She didn’t understand what he meant but she was determined to find out. She was about to head back until she heard the door slam open behind her. Everyone in the room turned around to see a henchman running up the stairs with a radio.

“Mr. Cobblepot! Mr. Cobblepot!” He exclaimed. “You need to hear this, sir!”

“What’s going on?” Cobblepot demanded, grabbing the radio.

“Undercover cops, sir! They’ve been in here the whole time!”

“What?!” Cobblepot shouted. He turned around to face the rest of the room. Abromovitch came out from the back room. He wasn’t holding Freeze anymore. “All of you get down to the Iceberg Lounge! We got some heads to crack!”

“What about her, Mr. Cobblepot?” One of the henchmen asked.

“If she leaves the room, I’ll throw her under the Iceberg and let Grundy have some fun with her!” He said as he gave a menacing glare at Rarity. Everyone else in the room reacted with various “Ooooohs” as if Cobblepot had suggested a fate worse than death. Rarity wasn’t ruling anything out.

“I’ll stay put, Mr. Cobblepot.” She said.

“You better, Miss Rarity. God help you if you don’t.” He warned.

Everyone turned and ran out of the war room, save Rarity. Once the door shut, she stomped her front hoofs on the ground and screamed as loud as she could. She was feeling so many emotions at once. Happiness because Fluttershy was alive, anger toward Freeze, fear toward everything else. She could hardly take it. She stomped the ground repeatedly and screamed at the top of her lungs.

After about thirty seconds, her tantrum was over. Tears were in her eyes, and she was panting. She took a moment to calm down before remembering the task at hand. She wiped away her tears and walked back to the back room.

As she rounded the corner, she saw Freeze sitting against the wall looking at her with his dark, tired eyes. She walked over and stood right in front of him, looking him square in the face.

For a moment, they each said nothing. They simply stared at each other before Mr. Freeze broke the ice. (No pun intended)

“Well? What are you waiting for? Go on. Ask away.” He spat.

Rarity felt her anger boiling up inside her again, but she held it back as best she could and stepped forward. “Look, I think we may have gotten off on the wrong hoof here. How about we start over?” She suggested as calmly as she could.

Freeze continued to glare at her for another moment. Then he took a deep breath before sitting up. “Alright.” He said.

Rarity extended a hoof to him. “I’m Rarity.” She said with a small smile.

Freeze simply looked at her hoof. “Victor Fries.” He replied.

After he didn’t take her hoof, she began to feel frustrated again. “Look, Victor,” she began, “I’ve been through a rather large ordeal tonight and I’m showing you as much kindness as I can right now. The least you could do is return it.” She said calmly but sternly.

“Believe me Rarity, I’m showing you kindness by not shaking your hoof. You would not find it pleasant.” He said.

She lowered her hoof and stared at him with curiosity. “Why wouldn’t I?” She asked him but began to wave her hoof in the air immediately after. “Uh, nevermind. Lets return to that later. First thing’s first.”

“I agree. Fluttershy is who you wish to know about.” He said

“Yes I do.” She took a step closer and sat down in front of him. She stared at him not knowing what to expect. “Please, please be honest with me, Victor. Has Fluttershy been harmed in any way? Is she alright?”

He looked at her, confused, almost insulted at her question. “How could I possibly harm a creature as kind and sweet as Fluttershy?”


---


Fluttershy had been lying on the ground for about two and a half minutes when she heard some commotion going on outside in the alleyway. She lifted her head and looked down to see Ryder and the other man standing at the opening. They were watching something happening out in the street. She slowly got to her hooves and carefully limped over to them.

“W-what’s going on?” She asked.

Ryder turned around to face her. “The inmates are fighting with three other ponies!”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened bigger than ever. “Ponies?!” She gasped. She pushed him out of the way looked out into the street. There, she saw the four inmates that previously prevented them from continuing on fighting with her friends Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. She could hardly contain her excitement.

Rainbow flew up in the air about ten feet before spinning around 180 degrees and crashing into an inmate’s stomach. He doubled over and Rainbow kicked him down to the ground.

Twilight was working on two inmates at once. They charged from either side of her, determined to catch her if she ran. Instead, she teleported a few feet in the air right as they were about to grab her. They crashed into each other and bonked their heads in the process. In the air directly above them, Twilight let gravity do its job and she landed on their heads, knocking them both out.

Pinkie was bouncing around the last inmate with her usual, Pinkie Pie smile while she was talking and giggling his ears off. He was trying desperately to catch her, but she was bouncing just out of his reach.

While she bounced around, she laughed and asked him numerous questions like, “What’s your name? I’m Pinkie Pie! Why is it so dark here? Did somepony turn out the sun? Does somepony make it day and night here too like in Equestria? Princess Celestia does that for us! Well, Princess Luna makes it nighttime, but Princess Celestia makes the sun come out! Wait! You don’t know who they are do you? Hee hee hee! I can forget some things so fast! I’m such a silly-willy Pinkie-winkie sometimes! Hee hee hee ha ha ha ha!”

The inmate chasing her looked furious. He grabbed his head and screamed at the top of his lungs as she continued to ramble. “Ooo you’re loud! I can be loud too! Hey! Lets play a game! Do you like games? I love games! They’re my most favorite things in the whole wide world! Well, except for pranks! And PARTIES! I love parties! Its what my cutie mark means! Wanna know how I got my cutie mark? Do ya, do ya, do ya?! Huh, huh, huh, huh, huh?!”

The inmate yelled once again as he made another failed attempt to grab the pink party pony. “SHUT UUUUUP!!!!!”

Twilight and Rainbow watched the entire thing and laughed the whole time. Eventually, Rainbow began to feel kind of sorry for him. Barely holding back her laughter, she came over to the inmate and bucked him in the head, knocking him out cold.

Twilight landed on the ground next to the two inmates. She breathed a sigh of relief now that the fight was over. Pinkie bounced over to her. “Hooray! We did it!”

Rainbow landed next to them. “Yeah we did! Good job guys!”

“Thanks, Rainbow!” Twilight said with a huge grin.

They all hugged each other, feeling a huge sense of accomplishment. They were just about to continue down the street when they heard a familiar voice quietly call out to them from nearby.

“Girls, that was amazing!”

They snapped their heads toward the nearby alleyway to see Fluttershy waving to them with a huge smile spread across her face.

“FLUTTERSHY!” They all screamed and went to her as fast as they could. Fluttershy limped a few paces toward them before they met in one huge embrace. They were all crying tears of relief as they were finally reunited with one another.

They released the hug and started exchanging details with each other. They told Fluttershy that Applejack had been hurt and was getting better in the church. They also told her about Officer Cash, and how Batman saved them from Harley Quinn. Fluttershy told them that The Penguin had kidnapped her and Rarity and had held them in the museum. She also told them about her talk with Mr. Freeze, her fall through the glass after she escaped, and how Ryder had helped her as best he could.

“Are you alright?” Rainbow asked her.

“N-no, I’m not. I can’t stay in the air for very long. I just lose my energy too quickly.” She replied.

“She’s lost a lot of blood.” Ryder said. “If she doesn’t get help soon, well…” He didn’t continue. They all understood what he was saying. Then Pinkie had an idea.

“Ooo Twilight! Can you use some of your magic to make her feel better?” She exclaimed.

Twilight sadly shook her head. “No. Unicorn magic can’t be used to heal physical problems like cuts, bruises, or broken bones, it can only perform special tasks that somepony may need at the time. Like teleporting, or time spells.”

“The only thing we can do is get her to the medical center! The doctors there should be able to help her!” Rainbow said.

“But what about Rarity?” Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow thought for a moment. They had solved one of their problems, but now they had another problem. Fluttershy wouldn’t be able to go with them because of how weak she was. They couldn’t just turn back to the church again either. Cash might not let them leave again, and they were so close to Rarity.

“We’re going to have to split up again.” Rainbow said disappointedly. “Question is, who’s going with who?”

They all paused as they looked around to each other. Pinkie raised her hoof. “I’ll take Fluttershy back to the church.”

They all looked to Pinkie. “Are you sure, Pinkie?” Twilight said.

“Positive! We’ll be fine!” She said with a smile.

The rest of them gave a small smile also. “Okay its settled. Rainbow Dash and I will head to the museum to find Rarity. Pinkie Pie will take you to the medical center to get you help, okay Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

Fluttershy gave a small nod. “Okay. Um, please be careful though. If you can, can you try and get Mr. Freeze free too?”

“We’ll try. Any friend of yours is a friend of ours, Fluttershy.” Rainbow said.

Ryder shook his head immediately after her request. Twilight heard him mumble something to the other man under his breath, but she didn’t catch what it was. She turned back to her friends, and gave them both one last hug. Rainbow did the same, and then they took off toward the museum.

Pinkie supported Fluttershy as they turned toward the church. Pinkie looked to Ryder and the other man. “Don’t you wanna come with us?”

They looked at each other for a moment. “That’s okay. We’re going to lay low around here for a bit. I’d like some more info on what Strange is really doing in here.” Ryder said.

“Yeah, and I gotta find my friend too.” The other man said. “I haven’t seen him in a few days. I’m expecting the worst but I wont stop looking for him.”

Pinkie and Fluttershy looked at them sadly. “Well, okay. You know where we’re going to be if you change your mind, okay?” Pinkie said.

“Yeah don’t worry.” The man said as he turned to leave.

“Good luck, Fluttershy. Be careful.” Ryder said.

“Thanks. You too, Mr. Ryder.” Fluttershy replied.

Pinkie and Fluttershy walked on toward the church. As they slowly made their way, they passed a movie theater. If she got the chance, Pinkie wanted to check it out. They were walking very slowly. They passed a few groups of inmates, but paid them no attention. Fluttershy stayed as close to Pinkie as she could, and kept her eyes to the ground. After about fifteen minutes of walking, the church finally came into view.

“Look, Fluttershy! There it is!” Pinkie pointed to the destroyed bell tower. Then she stopped walking. “Wait a second.”

The church didn’t look right. Sure it was still the same church, but there was something slightly different about it. They made it to the gate and looked inside the small courtyard. The four red banners that read “Medical Center” were laid out on the ground. Pinkie looked up to where they should have been. There were faded tan sheets hanging from the sides of the tower.

Fluttershy continued to look through the gate while Pinkie backed up into the street and looked up. The banners had a bunch of green marks on them. Perched on the very top of the steeple was a bright, green, glowing question mark.