• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 4,133 Views, 135 Comments

One Ugly Grub - Sgt GobSmacker



Going to Gamescon with my brother as Master Chief and myself as Skorge was going to be a blast! But getting our lives turned upside-down by a Chinese merchant wasn't on our bucket list.

  • ...
33
 135
 4,133

Choice

Celestia could only stare at this being in shock, anger and a hint of embarressment. It had not only insulted her openly, but had also said it in a manner of awe and fear. She felt her eye twitch. Celestia opened her mouth to correct him, assuming it was a he. It cut her off before she had got the chance.

"Wait! If your here?!" He gasped, his voice wooden and gravelly. "Your here to punish me aren't you!" He collapsed onto his knees. "Please! I have a life!" (Think of Master Chief saying those lines...)

Celestia could feel her mind snap in the sheer randomness of her situation. She could only stare at him incredulously, staying this way for a minute, not a single word escaped past her lips. Skorge was still snuggled up in the collasped tree trunk.

The green armored being snapped out of his terror driven rant. "Your not going to molest me are you?" He asked with a lace of boredome.

Celestia was taken aback by this sudden question. "What?! No!"

"Thank God!" He went up to his full height, dwarfing the Sun Princess with ease. Celestia only reaching his chest.

She opened her mouth to speak to him, only to be cut off a second time as the creature began to talk to itself. Celestia rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean that was immature?"
...
"What do you mean that's not Molestia?" The sun princess grumbled to herself when he spoke that name.
...
"Then who is it?"
...
"You don't know?"
...
"Introduce myself?! After that stunt I pulled?"
...
"Fine..."

The being walked over, gazing down at her, no emotion escaping past his helmet and visor. Celestia looked up at him, an unamused expression on her face.

"Sorry for that. Just a few bad memories you know." He cast his gaze downward, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. 'Better get into character' he thought. "Anyways, I'm Mark Sierra 117, nice to meet you, albeit the circumstances." The being known as Mark reached out halfway for a shake. Celestia eyed it for a second before relunctantly taking it.

"It is alright, Mark. I am Princess Celestia, although what thou called me was insulting, thou'st execution will be postponed for a week." Celestia let out light chuckle, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Mark stopped shaking immediately.

"Really?" He asked nervously.

"Yes." she stated.

Mark zoned out of reality.

*(A Few Days Later)*

"You can't do this!" Mark yelled at the executioner. His hands tied together with a very strong knot, due to past escapes.

"I get paid for it..." He replied, the axe looming in over my neck at a rapid pace.

"Noooo-!" His vision darkened.

*(Present)*

"Mark?" Celestia asked with concern.

"...uh..." Mark stood as still as a statue.

"Thou know'st I was only joking." She waved off a hoof of dismiss.

Mark's stature returned as soon she had said those words. "I knew that!" He pointed a finger up in the air. Celestia giggled at his antics, turning around to proceed waking Skorge up.

"Troll..." he muttered under his breath, bringing his arm back down.

"What was that?" The sun monarch had a small smirk splayed on her lips.

"Nothing!" He replied quickly.

*(Mark's P.O.V)*

What is she doing? I eyed Celestia suspiciously. Wait? Why am I suspicious? She's just going over to a collaped tree trunk...

I walked up beside her, looking between her and the trunk she was staring off into. Confusion spreading across my mind.

"What are you doing?" I asked skeptically.

Celestia looked up at me. "That is none of thou'st concerns."

I rolled my eyes. Activating my helmets lights. "I'm looking in there." I declared, pushing her out of the way. She stumbled for a moment before looking up at me with a fiery look in her eyes, her gaze boring into my visor.

"Meh..." I shrugged, unphased by her glare. I crouched down and cast my vision into the collapsed trunk, my light illuminating the inside. Did I ever tell you I have a fear of bugs? Big ones at that?

"Ahhhh! Bug!" I screamed (manly) fearfully, kicking the log into a nearby boulder ahead of it, splitting the log in half, down the middle. I looked back at Celestia, who was staring at the scene before her in shock and disbelief.

"Eh, heh, heh." I chuckled nevously. "Oops-" My half-hearted apology was interrupted by the sounds of grunts and hisses emanating from the crash course.

*(Cian's P.O.V)*

Jesus Christ! What the fuck?! I let out hisses of pain, with innuendo curses muffled under my breath.

I felt a warm liquid flow off my side, my shoulder felt like it was drizzled with molten lava. I fixed my gaze on the area of pain.

'It's reopened... fucking great...'

Using my right arm for balance, I stood up slowly, wincing slightly at the burning sensation in my shoulder. I clutched the wound, putting pressure on it, and relieving a little bit of the pain within. I looked down at my 'sleeping arrangements', the trunk split down the center.

I gripped my staff, unsheathing it from my back. I gazed onward, seeing something, or preferbly, someone I didn't want to see at this moment.

"Celestia..." I growled under my breath.

...KiLl...

I chose to ignore whatever had said that. Had I lost my mind already?

I locked my eyes with hers, my sockets leaking pent up rage and frustration. Her eyes fixed with mine, giving back my glare. Only hers held... sympathy? Regret?! What the heck was with the change of heart?!

"What do you want?" I snarled dangerlously, my staff shaking with the rhythmic beats of the chainsaw.

"To warn thou..." She cast her gaze downward. "And to apologise, for our rash actions..."

"I don't need your apology..." I hissed, trying to to ignore the pain in my shoulder. "For all I know, ye could have placed those memories with that spell!"

"We did no such thing!" Celestia looked aghast.

I began to chuckle sadistically. "Now you know how I FEEL! When such accusations were made against me!" I spat.

"I couldn't comprehend it at the time..." She looked down again.

"Maybe-!"

"Hey!" A new voice butted in. "As much as I would like to get popcorn and watch this get violent-" That voice was familier. "-but just shut the HELL up both of you! You'll attract unwanted attention."

I looked for the source of the voice. Only to see the Jolly Green Giant himself, standing next to Celestia. How the hell did I not notice?!
But... wait...

'I know that pansy-ass armor anywhere...' I slowly took a step towards him.

"...Mark?..." I asked . He froze on the spot, gazing at me.

"...Cian?..."

Celestia's expression turned into confusement at the mention of my name.

To say that I was happy was understatement. I was brimming with joy. I wasn't alone in this world at least, my brother was here. That's all I ask could for at this moment.

"Yes man. Yes." I stated, a smile forming on my gnarly lips.

Mark sprinted up to me, and... punched me in the face. He had a hard it, I'll tell you that.

I was flabbergasted. "Good to see you too..." I softly touched zone of impact.

"That punch was for scaring me, you know I have a fear of bugs." He glared at me through his helmet... before giving me a bone crushing bear hug... well... what I thought was one...

"I'm glad your safe..." He said with relief. 'Hell if you knew the shit I went through after being taken here, you would return that at once!'

It stayed this way for a few seconds. I looked down at Celestia whom was a few meters away from the two of us, staring at the spectacle with emotions varied from touched, thoughtful and confused. She had a hoof up to her chin in thought.

I hesitated, my senses screaming at me not to return the hug. I wasn't into the mushy crap because it's why I find mom crying after reading some certain books...

I kicked all other thoughts out of my cranium, and went full force in wrapping my arms around my brother, lifting him up into the air. I heard him give off shouts of disapproval, smashing his hands against my right shoulder (Thank God!) like a rage kid on a keyboard. I ignored his futile attempts of subduing me. I was simply relieved to see a face I recognize, in this case a helmet, but you know what I mean.

"I'll punch you!" Mark threatened, his fist aimed at my nose.

'Hell no!' I immediatley dropped him on his arse, leaves and sticks being pulverized under the shear weight of the Spartan.

"That works too..." He grumbled, getting back onto his feet. I looked back Celestia, her expression was that of amusement, concern and annoyance. I opened my mouth to speak but was silenced as the horse's voice reigned over mine.

"Skorge, thou can't stay near the castle." 'I'm close to the castle? That's the place I didn't want to be near in the first place.' "Luna most likely would have detected thou'st dreamscape-" 'That loud-mouthed bitch can go into dreams?! She wouldn't like to see what I dream about.' "-and proceed to hunt thou once more."

I went pale at the mention of Nighty going after me again, and not in the attraction sense. "Can't you talk to her?"

"I am planning to do that but at the moment she believes thou to be a creature of genocidal intent." She shook her sadly. "But from what I have seen now, this is obviously not the case." She smiled in relief up at me.

I smiled back... well, my version of a smile at least. A thought struck me, and my smile completely vanished.

"How do I know this isn't some attempt to restrain me, your sister could be on her way right now." I stated accusingly, getting ready for a sprint. Celestia looked at me with disbelief and annoyance.

"I would never do such a thing to-" Fate seemed to love pulling coincidences on people.

"SISTER!" I knew that voice. I knew it all too well, and it wasn't too far from our location.

I pointed to Celestia. "I'll deal with you later." I growled threateningly before turning to Mark. "Let's get out of here." I sprinted off into the forest, once again.

*(Mark's P.O.V.)*

I couldn't comprehend the information I was hearing, they hunted my brother, my big brother. 'But for what reason? Did Cian do something? ' I gazed down at the ground. My thoughts turning into a whirlpool of mixed emotions.

My thinking got the better of me as I didn't even acknowledge Cian running off into the woods. I cast my vision to Celestia, who had an extremely perplexed expression on her face, staring off into the direction Cian went off to. I wanted to get away with Cian but the rational part of my brain was holding me back. One half of me wanted to get on these ponies good sides and persuade them not to hunt Cian, while the other half wanted me to go off with my brother. I couldn't decide, all I know is that it would be life changing.

Either way.

Author's Note:

Readers! I'm granting you a choice... which side will Mark go off with?
I will go with majority vote.

Good Luck!