• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 4,274 Views, 127 Comments

Fatherhooves - Violise



Another short one shot Featuring Dr.Whooves

  • ...
5
 127
 4,274

Schoolyard Mayhem

Schoolyard Mayhem

Whooves was uncomfortable. Yeah... that's pretty accurate. He was currently sandwiched between a small portly filly with a curiously hilarious fez and a small cream colored Unicorn filly playing with her hair. He also was in a class with a dozen or so other equally small fillies and colts, who were all preparing for the days lesson by screaming over each other as loudly as possible. Whooves' head was spinning and he had trouble keeping an eye on Dinky, who was sitting at her desk with an unusual silence. Before he could wrestle himself out of the shrunken desk to check on her; the class suddenly filed to their seats. Whooves looked up to find that a mare had taken a seat behind the desk in the front. Upon closer inspection, he saw that it was Miss Cheerilee, an old friend and neighbor of Whooves'. "Alright class, today we are going to do some...", Cheerilee paused her dictation to eye the stranger in their midst, "...drawing. But, before we get to that; Dinky it seems that you have brought something new for Show and Tell today." Dinky looked up from her desk with a look of confusion plastered upon her face. cheerilee smile curtly and and nodded her head towards whooves. 'Oh sweet celestia, what are you doing..." whooves thought grimly. Dinky looked back at Whooves with a hopeful expression. Whooves returned the favor by squeazing out of the seat and shuffling towards the front. 'Well, if you really want to do this.'

Whooves face the class and stood like a statue while Dinky did her presentation

"Um, today, my Show and Tell is about my new dad, Mr. Doctor Whooves. He has been my daddy for a whole day and he is really nice and stuff. He even is going to fix Mr. Mailcolt today!" Dinky proudly displayed Mr. Mailcolt in the air and then placed it on Whooves back. Cheeerilee laughed inwardly at the display. Unfortunately; she wasn't the only one. From the right side of the class, a purple maned filly with a gaudy looking tiara laughed derisively at Dinky.

"Well, isn't this just delightful. I get to 'play' with my favorite toy again.Thank you oh so very much, Dr. Daddy."

Whooves could tell right then that if he wanted to really help Dinky today, it was going to have to start by dealing with this chauvinist.
He looked down at Dinky. She just stared at the other filly with a horrified expression, as if assured of the fate of the doll. Whooves took this moment to interject into this quickly growing fiasco.

"Fillies and Colts, may I please have your attention..." The attention was turned to The Doctor. "Now as plenty of you all now, only Unicorns and Alicorns can perform magic; but, what if I could show you you some magic only a real magician knows." The anticipation in the room was sudden a whole lot thicker. Even Miss Cheerilee was fairly interested in what Whooves had in mind.

"Alright. Now I'm going to need a volunteer who has an accessory on them. A couple of hooves shot up; namely Dr. Whooves intended target. "Alright lets see here, hmmm," He feigned decision for a moment.

"Ah yes you, with the the tiara. What is your name, my dear?" he shot a quick smile to Dinky, who was sitting idly by his side.

"My name is Diamond Tiara, Duh."

"Now, I am going to have to ask you to take off your tiara."

Diamond Tiara slowly did as she was asked.

"Now watch closely," Whooves commanded as he performed the trick.

Carefully he laid a silk blanket over Daimond's head and made a motion to lift the accessory with it. He then went around the class and asked to feel that there was indeed was something there; and then walked back up to the front. Then it was Diamond's turn to watch, horrified, as he then proceeded to smash his other hoof down on the silk, rendering it flat and listless.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

The filly lept at the fabric with malice in her eyes; only to find the fabric empty of any materials whatsoever. Diamond Tiara spun around to face The Doctor. "Where. Is. It." she spat venomously.

If you were paying any attention dear, you would have seen that your precious tiara never left your side, so to speak," Whooves said as he pointed at her flank. There, perched on her tail was her tiara. "I'd say that fits you quite nicely now."

"I-but I-Hmph!," the filly shrieked as she dashed out of the classroom while the class erupted with laughter..

"...Ah, okay; I guess now is a good time for recess," Miss Cheerilee surmized.

Whooves followed a giggling Dinky out the door and they both headed out to recess.

~~~Later~~~

It was lunchtime, and Whooves was just about to get started on stitching the back whooves on Mr.Mailcolt, when he was interrupted by a trio of fillies. One of the fillies in particular caught his eyes immediately. He remembered her as Applejack's younger sister, and was a part of the now notorious Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Oh hello, little miss Applebloom. What can I help you with today? Not more crazy schemes I hope."

Applebloom blushed embarrassed.

"Nah, t'aint nothin' like that Doctor. We was just wonderin' how y'all did that trick earlier."

"It was just a simple case of misdirection, that's all."

Applebloom just looked even more confused than before.

"Um, Sweetie Bell," she turned her head, "whas' that word mean?"

Sweetie Bell giggled, "It means that he made us focus on something else so that he could do something else in secret."

"That's exactly right, Miss Bell," Whooves said." Now was there any particular reason why you want to kno-"

The orange filly in the group interjected, "We wanted to get our Cutie Marks in magic,but Sweetie here is the only Unicorn..."

"Well, I learned all my tricks from Pinkie Pie, so you should ask her the particulars."

After a few moments of silence, Applebloom asked another question.

"Um, what does your Cutie Mark mean?" She pointed to the hourglass on his flank.

"Well, it means a few things, actually. It means that I have a talent for patience. But it also means that I spend too much time reflecting on the past." He looked wistfully out the window, as if it was a screen replaying all of his past at once.

Feeling like they were interrupting something very important, the CMC's left to go finish their food. Whooves was just remembering his last epic battle with his alternate self; all those years ago. ' He would be laughing his flank off all the way to oblivion if he saw me now.' Dinky had taken a seat next to him, and was inspecting the progress of Whooves' stitch-work while she thought.

After some careful thought, she spoke.

"Papa."

"Are you lonely?"

This filly had a knack for catching him off-guard.

"Lonely? No, sweetie, I'm not lonely. I was just thinking about how lucky I have you and your mom in my life. There is no way I could be lonely now that I have you."

Dinky hugged Whooves and began to hum his lullaby.

"I take it you like my little song?"

Dinky looked up at him and grinned from ear to ear.

"Of course, you made it. And I know that if Papa is making it for me, then he is making the bestest thing ever; even better than muffins."

Whooves teared up.

"Thanks, Dinky. That means the world coming from you..."

Whooves picked up Dinky and put her on his lap.

"Would you like to hear another one ?"

"Sure, Papa!"

The dawn is breaking

A light shining through

You're barely waking

And I'm tangled up in you, yeah

I'm open, you're closed

Where I follow, you'll go

I worry I won't see your face

Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme

Out of the doubt that fills my mind

I somehow find you and I collide

I'm quiet you know

You make a first impression

I've found I'm scared to know

I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the stars refuse to shine

Out of the back you fall in time

I somehow find you and I collide

Don't stop here

I lost my place

I'm close behind

I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme

Out of the doubt that fills your mind

You finally find you and I collide

You finally find that you and I collide

Suddenly there was the sound of applause.

Whooves looked at the group that had amassed around them.

"Aha...Um, thanks everypony."

The group slowly dispersed, leaving them alone again.

"Now that that's over, how's about we have us this lunch, hmm?"

Dinky nodded her head cheerily, and they began to eat.

~~~

The school day was coming to a close, so Whooves and Dinky said their goodbyes to the CMC's and were walking out the door; when Cheerilee stopped them.

"Thank you for taking time out of your day to sit in with Dinky. She doesn't really get along with the older ponies, so it was a nice change of pace to see her engaging more today."

"Think nothing of it, Cheerie. I am just glad that I got to spend the day with her and meet her classmates. It's just too bad that she has to deal with that Tiara wearing bully."

"Though I do find it in everyponies best interests to try and work out their problems peacefully; Diamond Tiara has always seemed to be outside of that mindset by every meaning of the word, despite my and her fathers constant attention to her needs.' It was then that Whooves had an idea.

"Miss Cheerilee."

"Yes, Doctor?"

"Can I get his address. i would really like to meet him face to face."

"That won't be necessary, Mr.Whooves, I am already here," a voice called from behind him.


"Oh, hello Mr. Rich, it's good to see you."

TO BE CONTINUED