• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 4,270 Views, 127 Comments

Fatherhooves - Violise



Another short one shot Featuring Dr.Whooves

  • ...
5
 127
 4,270

Parent-Teacher Conferences

Parent-Teacher Conferences


"Why hello, Mr.Rich. I wasn't expecting you so early. Why do you have a seat-"

"That will be quite alright, I actually am going to make this visit short. For it seems that my daughter is locked away in her room; and I can't seem to coax her out...would there be any reason as to why she might have been put into such a distraught mood?"

Filthy Rich already knew the reason, but he wanted to make the responsible one feel as uncomfortable as possible.

"Mr. Rich, I'm sure whatever is going on c-can be worked out in as civil a-"

It was the that Whooves interjected.

"I'm the one who made your daughter cry, but I have a....pofectweee gwood exphaiehsiohn."

Whooves wasn't used to being punched in the mouth.

"I didn't say you were allowed to speak, you sorry sack of horseapples. Now let me finish..."

Whooves regretfully did so.

"As I was about to say; I have not nor will I ever stand for such reprimandable behavior in a schoolplace. Now,

Miss Cheerilee; we have both come to an understanding on my daughters unique habits, but I see no need in having perfect strangers chastise her in front of her peers."

Mr. Rich talked a calm demeanor, but he let the anger show all across his features. His suit was crumpled and desheveled, as was his slicked mane. His limbs were shaking violently with suppressed anger. If it were not for Miss Cheerilee's presence in the room; Rich would not have hesitated in strangling Dr. Whooves. 'He doesn't know the struggles I have to face every day,' Rich thought. ' He doesn't have to face seeing a teacher every day because your an unfit parent. HE doesn't have to face the knowledge that, despite trying your best; your precious gem is slowly losing her childhood. HE doesn't weep into a pillow every night so that his daughter doesn't hear. HE-HE-HE...

Filthy Rich had lost all control by this point; and was on top of Dr. Whooves, beating on his defenseless body. Every strike being witnessed by a horrified Cheerilee. "Mr. Rich, please stop; he didn't know what he was doing, so please stop..."

He couldn't hear Cheerilee's pleas through the sound of the adrenaline rushing through his veins. Whooves couldn't stop the onslaught, and for reasons he couldn't quite explain; he felt that he shouldn't. He somehow new that this was okay; and that he deserved this form of punishment as a result. It wasn't until the Diamond Tiara and Dinky, who were talking outside, came in; that Whooves felt that action had to be taken.

Whooves reached up a one of Filthy's hooves as he was swinging, and proceeded to roll him over to halt his beating. Before Rich could get up; Diamond Tiara was on top of him screaming.

"NO DADDY, STOPIT! Me and Dinky apologized, so you can stop now. Don't get in trouble cause of me d

daddy..." Tiara's plea had turned into a fit of tears as she grasped her father's neck in a tight embrace. Whooves took this opportunity to recline himself on Cheerilee's chair to inspect the damage. He saw that he had some burns on his forhooves from the carpeting, his lips was busted in two places, his flank had a really nasty cut, and for some reason he had lost the feeling in his mouth. Dinky cantered up to Whooves with tears streaming down her face. "Why are you fighting with Daimonds' daddy, papa? I know that Diamond Tiara can be a super meanie sometimes; but we are still friends, so you don't have to fight Mr. Rich anymore, okay?" Dinky feigned a weak smile. Whooves couldn't help but feel heartbroken at the display. Here he was, sitting like a piece of pounded hay, while his daughter held a proper resolve befitting a proper parent.
He looked over a Rich, who had gone to sitting so he could properly hold his panicked child in his hooves. It was then that Whooves had the first chance to speak.

"Thank you, Mr. Rich."

Filthy looked at Whooves like he had just grown another head.

"What the hay do you mean, 'Thank you'? I nearly beat you to a bloody pulp.

"That's just it. You hurt me because I hurt your daughter. I understand completely."

Rich just took to listening rather than talking by this point.

"I see now that we were just protecting our daughters from each other, instead of just talking it through like grown Colts. I thought that Diamond Tiara was just a bully who was making fun of Dinky because she had no friends, but that's not true; is it Tiara?"

Diamond Tiara nodded her head slowly. "I was just mad at her because her mom always came to pick her up everyday, and she was always there for her. I was just so jealous that I ripped up her favorite doll one day. And when you showed up, I felt even lonelier because she had both of her parents watching over her. I just wished sometimes that Daddy would take a day off to come spend the day at school just like you, Mr. Whooves"

Rich looked at his daughter with sadness streaking his face.

"Ohh, honey. I would take every day off if it would help you feel better."

Diamond hugged her father tighter as Whooves smiled at Dinky. Dinky smiled back, then walked over to Diamond.

"Hey Tiara."

"Yeah, Dinky?"

"Do you want to be my sister?"

"The rest of the ponies in the room looked at the filly with a mixture of odd expressions; mostly confusion among them.

"Wh-what do you mean Dinky?" Whooves asked.

"I mean if she feels lonely cause she has no family at school to be with, then I'll be her sister for her."

Whooves smiled softly at the gesture.

"Well, I for one think that that is very sweet of you, Dinky," Cheerilee exclaimed. "And I would also appreciate it you two," she looked over the two Colts, "would follow their example."

The two frowned, ashamed that they were being chastised by a gradeschool teacher.

"Yes, I believe you might be correct," Rich said, trying to regain his modicum of decor.

"Yeah, I think." Whooves got out of the chair and walked over and put out a hoof to Rich.

"Well, I guess if our daughters can work out their differences like that , then so can we." Rich said.

'Yeah, you said it; brother." Whooves nudged Rich slyly.

~~~

Dinky and Whooves were on their way home when he asked Dinky a thought that he had been mulling over since they had left.

"Dinky, did you really want a sister?"

"Truth?"

"Yes."

"Yeah... I was always kinda lonely wen it was just mommy and me, and even though Diamond was mean to me;

She always felt like a big sister to me."

"Okay...Oh, one more question."

"Yeah?"

"How are we going to explain to your mother that she has another daughter?"

Dinky just giggled at the question, "Papa, if she says that each muffin is like family, then I don't think she'll mind having one more little 'muffin' to feed."

They both laughed heartily at the pun.

~~~
Somewhere in the distance; in a quiet home that smelled of muffins, a bubbly grey mare sneezed...

TO BE CONTINUED