• Published 11th May 2014
  • 10,786 Views, 777 Comments

Friends, Forgiveness, and Magic - Invinsible



A mirror universe, where Nightmare Moon and her friends fight to protect the Everfree Kingdom. A powerful foe plots her revenge. Will Nightmare and her friends be able to defend their home?

  • ...
25
 777
 10,786

PreviousChapters Next
Wedding Part One: Cold Crystal Heart

Friends, Forgiveness, and Magic

Wedding Part One: Cold Crystal Heart

It was a sunny day as the Elements, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Polaris all sat down in the grassy field. The ten friends were enjoying a nice picnic lunch when Smog had asked a question. The draconequus in the group was just finishing up his answer.

“And that is how babies are made!” Discord finished his explanation with a cheerful grin.

Smog raised an eyebrow. “Really? So your parents got together, snapped their fingers, and created you. Just like that?”

“Well that’s how it’s usually works. However my parents knew that I was going to be special,” Discord explained. “Now, when my parents created me they did something involving tooth floss, boots, flutes, some pans, an orange, and a chocolate cake with cotton candy frosting. I believe they borrowed the boots from Miss Rarity’s mother.”

Rarity tilted her sunhat down to cover her face. “Is this really the sort of conversation we should be having darling?”

Discord shrugged. “What? All they did was play a few instruments and circle dance around the cake until my adorable self appeared in the icing. What’s wrong about that?”

Rarity shifted her hat back up. “I suppose nothing is wrong, but when ponies have babies the process is a bit different.”

“Really? What is it?” Smog asked, causing Rarity to clap a hoof over her own mouth.

“N-nothing! Forget I said that!” Rarity cried.

Smog turned to look at Nightmare Moon. She saw the question in his eyes and looked away. “Oh, um…well instead of snapping fingers, the parents stomp their hooves at the same time.”

Gilda chuckled. “Ya sure about that? I’ve seen you ponies stomp your hooves plenty of times, but you don’t see foals falling from the sky everyday, do ya?”

Discord raised his claw to snap his talons, but Sunset Shimmer grabbed his talons with her magic. “Don’t even think about it.” Discord smirked at her attempt to overpower his magic with her own, but lowered his claw anyway.

“Yeah, well…they drink some milk before they stomp their hooves or…I don’t know!” Nightmare glared at Smog. “Just drop it.”

“I’m with Nightmare on this one,” Chrysalis said. “Can we please talk about something else?”

“Ooh! Wanna hear about a trick me and Gilda are working on?” Rainbow Dash said. “See first I do a Sonic Rainboom and then she does a Brave Bird’s Blitz through the middle of it. I’ll need to get out of the way, but if we time it just right it’ll look awesome!”

“Truly? Continue, you have Trixie’s attention,” Trixie said as she ate a sandwich.

Gilda gave a little smile. “Eh, it’s looking pretty cool so far but it ain’t perfected yet. Maybe we’ll show you guys when Dash and I can pull it off without crashing into each other. How ‘bout you Trixie, make any new tricks yourself lately?”

Trixie grinned. “Actually Trixie has been working on reinventing some old tricks. You see, Trixie has volunteered her services for the upcoming Hearth’s Warming Eve play to be held in the Crystal Empire! The audience will be thrilled by the special effects that only the Great and Powerful Trixie can produce!”

“The Hearth’s Warming Eve play? In the Empire?” Rarity’s eyes widened. “I uh, don’t suppose you know if they need a costume designer, do you darling?”

“Trixie will ask!” Trixie announced loudly as she grabbed a glass of chocolate milk and dramatically chugged it down.

“Why, thank you Trixie,” Rarity smiled and looked at the Windigo in the group. “Dear Polaris looks likes he’s having quite a bit of fun. Even on a gorgeous sunny day like this.”

Discord snapped his fingers and created more snowballs for Polaris to chase. “He is having fun, thank you for noticing Rarity! It warms my heart whenever I remember the day I met such a lovable, freezing cold hate-spirit like him. Thanks again for introducing us.”

Rarity blushed as she remembered the events that lead to Discord finding Polaris. “Um, there’s no need to bring up that old news, a-heh. …Please?”

“You ever think about getting a pet of your own?” Sunset asked.

Rarity frowned sadly. “I had a cat once, but the poor dear ran away. I admit that I wasn’t the best cat-owner. Wherever my little Opal is, I hope she found a good home.”

Smog opened his mouth to say something but stopped as he burped out a letter. Nightmare smiled and took the letter in her magic. “Dear Nightmare Moon, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in the Crystal Empire,” she read aloud. “Wait, wedding?”

Chrysalis smiled. “Ooh, a wedding. I love weddings!”

“Drinks all around!” Discord cheered.

Nightmare rolled her eyes and continued reading, “I will be presiding over the ceremony, but would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion. Queen Chrysalis, along with the regular duties I know you have been taught to perform at every wedding, the bride has asked if you could be one of her bridesmaids.”

Chrysalis’s eyes and smile widened. “Oh my! What an honour.”

“What do you mean regular duties?” Smog asked.

Chrysalis smiled at him. “It’s something that my mom and dad taught me when I was younger. It is the duty of any changeling queen or king to lead all of the changelings that show up to a wedding. Weddings are wonderful events that generate an overabundance of love. Ever since changelings officially became part of Everfree, it’s considered good manners to invite a dozen or more changelings to your wedding. With all the love we receive during these events, we can actually give the rest of the kingdom some of that love back on Hearts Day. That way, lonely people without a special somebody can still feel loved.”

Smog’s eyes widened. “You can give love back? I’ve been to Hearts Day parties before but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.”

“You wouldn’t. It’s not a very flashy process but…well, I suppose I can show my close friends how it’s done.” Chrysalis’ horn glowed green as she opened her mouth. Green love energy swirled out from between her fangs and floated into the air. The green energy soon disappeared, or a least that’s what it looked like. “Go ahead. Breathe in.”

Smog titled his head up and took a deep breath. “Huh. It smells really sweet. Like chocolate, or strawberries, or sapphires.”

Nightmare smiled as she inhaled in the pleasant smells the love energy was creating before she continued reading. “Discord, you will be assisting the representatives from Sweet Apple Acres and Apple Pie Incorporated who are in charge of the catering for the reception. You may sneak a few chaotic surprises in, but please try and make sure that everyone enjoys said surprises.”

Discord chuckled mischievously. “Oh, someone is going to enjoy themselves, I can promise you that.”

“Sunset Shimmer, the groom has asked if you will be one of his honour attendants,” Nightmare read.

“What does that mean?” Smog asked.

“The honour attendants help out the groom during the wedding like how the bride has her bridesmaids. Usually the honour attendants are all stallions but a mare can be one too,” Sunset answered with a shrug. “So I guess the groom wants me to help him out during the wedding…although I have no idea why…”

Nightmare continued reading. “Gilda and Rainbow Dash, I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a Sonic Rainboom and Brave Bird’s Blitz as the bride and groom complete their ‘I do’s.’”

Gilda’s eyes widened. “The heck? I thought you guys were the only ones we told about that! …Dash…” she growled as she frowned at Rainbow.

Rainbow rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. “So I might have told a few ponies. Sorry. But come on G, when was the last time you ever saw something as sweet as a Blitz or a Sonic Rainboom during something as dull as a wedding? This is gonna be awesome!”

“Rarity, you will be responsible for designing the dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids.” Nightmare looked up. “Well doesn’t that sound nice Rarity? …Rarity?”

Rarity promptly fainted with a huge grin on her face. “Drama queen,” Gilda snorted.

“Smog, you will be hosting the bachelor party. Don’t invite Discord,” Nightmare read.

Discord chuckled. “Yes, good luck with that,” he said as he grinned evilly at Smog, causing the little dragon to take a step back out of nervousness.

“And as for you, Nightmare Moon, you will be playing the most important role of all: making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Princess Twilight Sparkle,” Nightmare read. She frowned and flipped the letter around to see if anything else was written. When she couldn’t find anything, she put the letter down. “But who’s getting married?”

Smog stopped midway through his shrug to cough up another letter. “Oh, maybe this one will say.”

“Sending the instructions first and the invitation last?” Discord smiled. “How delightfully random!”

Nightmare took the invitation and read, “Princess Twilight Sparkle cordially invites you to the wedding of…King Sombra and…my mother?!” she exclaimed.

“What?!” everyone shouted.

The completely flabbergasted Nightmare shook her head. “That can’t be right…but it says King Sombra and Captain Luna, soon-to-be Queen Luna right there.”

Sunset blinked a few times. “Um…do you know if your mom and King Sombra were dating?”

Nightmare shook her head. “No! Loony would have told me about this. I…I don’t understand! This came out of nowhere!”

Chrysalis frowned thoughtfully. “I…don’t remember sensing any sort of attraction between the king and your mom.”

“Yeah. My mom and King Sombra are friends. She’s the Captain of his guard. I just…where did this come from?!” Nightmare glared at the invitation.

“Now Nightmare Moon, why ever are you complaining about this? This is wonderful news! I’m quite jealous of you darling,” Rarity said.

Nightmare frowned. “Why would I be happy about this?”

Rarity giggled. “Because darling, if your mother becomes a queen, that will make you a princess!”

Nightmare’s eyes widened. A smile slowly started to form on her face. “Princess Nightmare Moon…that does sound nice…”

“Now you’re getting my dear. Feel better?” Rarity asked.

“I suppose I do. And if any stallion is good enough to marry my mom, it would be the king…” Nightmare said thoughtfully.

“You know, Trixie is curious…what about your dad? We haven’t heard much about him. Why isn’t he married to Luna?” Trixie asked.

Nightmare sighed. “It’s rather complicated. Although since we are going to the Crystal Empire, I can tell you what happened when we get there. It’s where my mom and dad first met after all. As for this wedding…if this makes Loony happy then I guess I’m happy…”

“I’m sure she’s very excited. So excited that she probably just forgot to tell you earlier. Weddings usually stress some people out and they sometimes forget things,” Chrysalis said.

Nightmare shook her head. “Loony would never forget to tell me something like this. You guys all know how important she is to me.” She looked up at the sky and began to softly sing:

“When I was just a filly, I found it rather silly
To befriend any peasants that loved the sun
I had my books and stars to read, didn't think that I would ever need
Other people to make my days feel fun
But there was one mare that I cared for
I knew she would always be there for me
My loving mother, best friend forever!
Like twin stars in the sky, we did everything together
She taught me wrong from right
My best friend for life
We never had a single fight
Our life was void of all strife!
We shared our hopes, we shared our dreams
I miss her more than I realized
It seems...
My loving mother, best friend forever
Like twin stars in the sky, we did everything together
And though she’s, oh, so far away
I hoped that she would stay
My loving mother, best friend forever...”

Gilda raised an eyebrow. “Uh…like you just said, we already know how important your mom is to ya. Did ya really need to sing to remind us ‘bout that?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow said. “Besides, it hasn’t even been a week since you last saw her.”

Discord smiled playfully as he absentmindedly turned nearby clouds into chocolate-covered apple dispensers. “Perhaps she’s just jealous that Loony is marrying someone other than her.”

Nightmare’s horn glowed dangerously as she scowled. “For the last time, it was just a stupid dream I had as a filly! And you all agreed to never bring that up!”

“We agreed to not tell anyone,” Discord pointed out. “You never asked to not tease you constantly about it.”

As Nightmare glared at the chuckling draconequus, Sunset looked over the invitation. “Well, it says here that the wedding is soon. We better get going to the Crystal Empire,” she said.

“Yeah! I wanna get started on planning that party, whatever a bachelor party is,” Smog said.

In a burst of confetti, Pinkie Pie appeared before them with a big grin. “Did somebody say party?!”


“King Sombra! I’d like to speak with you!” Nightmare announced as she made her way towards the king. Discord and Pinkie had teleported them all to the Crystal Empire and while they were setting things up, she was hoping to have a ‘chat’ with the stallion planning to marry her mom.

King Sombra looked past one of his guards and smiled. “Ah, Nightmare Moon. You and your friends received my letter then. I take it you teleported here?”

“With respect my king, what’s this about you marrying my mom?” Nightmare asked.

“Ah, yes. Guards, leave us please.” As the guards left King Sombra motioned for Nightmare to follow him. As they walked through the castles halls, student and teacher talked. “I thought I told you all this earlier.”

Nightmare frowned. “You have not.”

“No, remember when Prince Scorpan took Cerberus back? Before that, I told you the good news,” he said.

She frowned in thought. “No…I remember you said you had good news, but the subject of you marrying my mom never came up.”

King Sombra blinked in confusion. “Are you sure?”

“I think I would remember something like that.”

“Huh. I could have sworn I did…” He shook his head. “Well, it’s not important.”

“Of course it’s important! Two of the most important ponies in my life are getting married! If you weren’t going to tell me and my mom hasn’t, what am I supposed to think?”

The king sighed. “Luna has been very stressed lately with making sure the wedding is perfect. But you’re very important to us too. You’re her daughter and soon you’ll be mine too.”

Nightmare shifted. “I’m still not sure what to think of that…even if Princess Nightmare Moon is a thought I’m very comfortable with.”

King Sombra smirked mischievously. “But now that you know, there is a decision to make on whether you’ll be my best mare or her maid of honour.”

Nightmare smiled. “Really? I get to be the maid of honour?”

King Sombra chuckled. “Looks like I lost that game. And Sparky will be busy officiating the vows…perhaps Sunset Shimmer could be my best mare?”

“That sounds like a wonderful idea,” they heard Luna’s voice say. Walking down the hall towards them was Captain Luna, without her usual guard uniform.

“Loony!” Nightmare quickly ran over to her and began to sing:

“Sun shines and Moon gleams
Owls awake!
Clap your hooves
And give…your…”

Nightmare folded her wings back up and stopped singing when she noticed something. “Mom, you’re not dancing with me.”

Luna blinked in surprise before she smiled wearily. “I’m not? Oh, I’m so sorry um, Moony. I’ve been so busy with the wedding that I haven’t been able to sleep much.”

Nightmare frowned. “Does this have anything to do with why I haven’t seen you while dream walking lately? Mom, you need to sleep.”

Luna giggled. “Don’t worry Moony. I’ll be able to sleep peacefully after all of this is over.” She walked over and gave King Sombra a nuzzle.

“I have to go check in on Princess Twilight to see how the preparations are going with her,” King Sombra announced. “But Luna will be checking in with all of you to see how things are going. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn't be more excited to have you all here. Right, dear?”

Luna smiled at Nightmare. “Of course dear. I’m just going to check in with one of my bridesmaids and I’ll join you in a minute Nightmare!” As the king and captain left, Nightmare titled her head in confusion.


“Smog!” The baby dragon gulped and tucked his claw behind his back. “Were you eating icing off the cake?”

“Um…” Smog said before he sighed. “Okay fine. Yeah, I took a little icing. But I was just taste-testing it!”

“Doesn’t matter. Other people will want some of that cake too,” Nightmare said firmly.

Smog folded his arms. “Fine, whatever. So how’d your talk with your mom and King Sombra go?”

Nightmare frowned thoughtfully. “Loony’s acting a little odd. She forgot to sing Sun Shines and Moon Gleams with me. She never forgets that.”

Smog rolled his eyes. “And now you probably think she’s been replaced by a changeling or something, right?”

“Well it never hurts to be prepared!” Nightmare argued. “We came up with that song as a password. To make sure that the other one wasn’t an imposter.”

“Nightmare, it’s not a password. Your mom came up with that as just a fun song. Besides, can’t you check with your eye enchantment?”

Nightmare blinked. “Huh. You know, I almost forgot I had that. I’m so used to being around Chrysalis and the changelings in Peaceville that I hardly notice anymore when a group of them look blurry.” She frowned. “But the enchantment works better in groups. It’s harder to tell with only one person.”

“Did her magic turn green?” Smog asked.

“No, it still looks blue. Then again, maybe it’s not a changeling. What if it was Pinkie?”

Really? Why would Pinkie want to marry King Sombra?”

“To rule Everfree as its queen?”

“…Okay maybe Pinkie is crazy enough to try that. But King Sombra hates Pinkie Pie!”

“Well maybe she’s hypnotizing him. Maybe she’d stay disguised as Loony forever. I don’t know!” Nightmare growled.

Smog sighed. “Look, we’re both getting worked up over something that’s probably nothing. Let’s go talk to your mom and see what’s happening for ourselves.”


Nightmare and Smog down the hall to see King Sombra having a little disagreement with the Element of Freedom. “Discord, I’m serious! I need to check the security on the Crystal Heart. Royal weddings can attract all kinds of trouble-makers and we need to be prepared just in case. Release me at once!” the king demanded.

Discord waggled his finger even as his tail-hand dragged King Sombra across the floor. “No, no, no! You’re not getting out of this one, Your Majesty!”

The poor king desperately tried to teleport, turn into a shadow, blast the draconequus, anything to try and escape. But Discord’s magic had trapped King Sombra. He glared at the red dragon. “Smog! I said not to let Discord know about the bachelor party!”

Smog shrugged. “Hey, I’m just one guy. What can I do?”

“You can help us with the bachelor party of course!” Discord said as his lion arm stretched out and pulled Smog over to him.

As Discord tried to pull King Sombra away, Nightmare turned to see Pinkie dragging Luna across the floor in the opposite direction. “Well, I hope you boys have fun with your party! But it’ll be nothing compared to the bachelorette party we’re gonna throw! Come on Loony! Can I hear a ‘woohoo’?”

“Help me,” Luna whispered.

“Huh, funny that didn’t sound like a woohoo.” Pinkie stopped and stuck a hoof in her ear. She soon pulled out a cupcake, shrugged, used her eyelashes to clean the confetti off, and stuck it in her mouth. “Come on everybody! Party, party, party!” she cheered.

Rainbow, Sunset, Gilda, and Trixie walked into the room. “Uh, what’s going on here?” Sunset asked.

“Sunny! Since you’re the king’s best mare, you get to join our party!” Discord snapped his fingers and levitated Sunset over to him.

“Hey! Put me down!” Sunset protested as she struggled against the spell’s pull.

“Oh yeah? Dashie, come on down!” Pinkie snapped her fingers and telekinetically pulled Rainbow over to her.

“I call Gilda!” Discord snapped his fingers and dragged Gilda over to him.

Pinkie snapped her fingers before Trixie could escape. “Well I got the last one! Whatcha gonna do now? Huh, huh?!”

“Simple! We’re going to out-party the pink pony party princess!” Discord said, making his challenge to Pinkie clear.

“Nuh-uh! We’re gonna have games, dances, and it’s gonna be super fun!” Pinkie cheered. “Right guys?”

“Nightmare, save us,” Trixie pleaded.

“Really now? I bet you can’t make more explosions than us! Who’s with me?” Discord cheered.

“But we…we can’t walk away from the wedding preparations!” Sunset said, smiling proudly at the plan she just formed in her head. “Yes, I’m afraid the bachelor and bachelorette parties will have to wait. We’ll get back to those never.

Luna blinked. She glanced at King Sombra before she turned to face Pinkie. “Actually, I suppose a small party couldn’t hurt.”

“Um, Loony are you sure?” Nightmare asked.

Luna smiled as she stared at Pinkie. “I’m sure that Pinkie Pie wouldn’t do anything to hurt me. I trust her.”

Everyone else in the room, including Pinkie, stared at Luna in shock. “…You do? But…but what about the wedding preparations?” Nightmare said.

“Oh. I suppose I can get some of my bridesmaids to help you set up Moony. Cadance, Fluttershy! Could you come over here please?” Luna called out as she waved to the two ponies at the end of the hall.

“Oh, of course!” Cadance smiled as she walked over to them and bowed before Luna. “How may we be of assistance to you, future Queen?”

“I need you two to help Moony here with checking on the wedding preparations,” Luna stated. “Fluttershy, will you…” She trailed off as she saw Fluttershy fly over to them. The yellow pegasus was carrying a jar filled with…something purple. “Um, Fluttershy what are you doing with that jar of jelly?”

Fluttershy looked down at the jar in her hooves. Her eyes widened as she gently put it down and stopped hovering, touching down on the floor. She smiled sheepishly and made a few gestures.

“She says she’s sorry, she just forgot about if for a second,” Cadance translated.

Luna nodded slowly. “Alright then, just don’t let it happen again. Speaking of, you remember what you’re supposed to be checking on, right?” Fluttershy smiled and nodded. “Thank you. Nightmare, go help them with the preparations. We’ll be fine.”

“Well…okay.” Nightmare followed Cadance and Fluttershy, even as she glanced back at Luna.


Nightmare, Cadance, Fluttershy, and Big Macintosh watched as the Cake Twins worked.

“Cake, check!” Pound said as he put the finishing touches on a white wedding cake.

“Ice sculpture, check!” Pumpkin announced as she finished working on an ice sculpture shaped like a moon inside a crystal heart.

A timer for the oven went off and Big Macintosh got up to remove the freshly baked apple fritters. “Apples fritters. Check.”

Nightmare nodded. “It looks like you’ve got everything under control here, even without Discord. …Which makes more sense, now that I think about it.”

“Yup. Would y’all like ta try a bite?” Big Macintosh said as he offered a few of the apple fritters for them.

“Sure,” Nightmare said as she, Fluttershy, and Cadance all ate an apple fritter. “Hmm, not bad,” she commented.

Fluttershy nudged Cadance. “Huh? Oh yes, the fritters. Um, delicious. I love, love, love them!” she said.

Nightmare raised an eyebrow as she gave Cadance a look. “Are you okay?”

Cadance blinked and smiled at her. “I’m great Nightmare. Thank you so much for asking!”

Nightmare blinked. “Um, anytime.” Her ear twitched as she heard giggles coming from somewhere else in the kitchen. “Excuse me.” She walked over to the other side of the kitchen to see Diamond Tiara, Sweetie Belle, and Silver Spoon. Sweetie was telekinetically holding two plastic figures of King Sombra and Luna that were meant to go on top of the wedding cake.

“I do, do you?” Sweetie said in a deep voice as she levitated the king’s figure. “I do!” she said in a higher voice as she levitated Luna’s figure. She brought the two figures together and made kissy noises.

Nightmare frowned and levitated the figures out of Sweetie’s magic and into her own. “Sweetie Belle, those go on the cake.”

“Oops. Sorry,” Sweetie smiled sheepishly.

“What are you three doing here?” Nightmare asked.

Silver smiled proudly. “We were asked to be the flower fillies for the wedding.”

“Well, sorta. Luna asked me, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo to be flower fillies,” Sweetie said. “But Scootaloo said she wasn’t interested in being a flower filly and she asked if Silver Spoon wanted to do it instead.”

“Really? Why didn’t Scootaloo want to be a part of this wonderful occasion?” Cadance asked.

Silver frowned thoughtfully. “I don’t know. She just said she didn’t feel like it. She’s still here, though. Right now, I think she’s arguing with Gilbert over whether or not Rainbow Dash is more awesome than Gilda or something silly.”

“And my dad’s talking with Prince Shining Armor about something,” Diamond said. “I’m just hanging out with these two, waiting for them to finish up.”

Cadance nodded. “Uh huh…say, where is Apple Bloom? I would think she’s be helping her brother out here.”

“OW!” At the sound of Apple Bloom’s cry, they all turned to face the entrance to the kitchen. Apple Bloom had been walking towards them and carrying a few bags of apples with her when she suddenly fell to the floor. “Owie, owie, OW!”

“Apple Bloom!” Big Macintosh got to his sister before anyone else. “Are you alright?!”

“It hurts, it hurts, it HURTS!” Apple Bloom cried as she held her hoof over her right eye.

“Apple Bloom, lemme take a look at it,” Big Macintosh said. He gently pushed her hoof away to get a better look at her eye. His eyes widened as he grabbed his little sister and put her on his back. “We need ta find a doctor.”

“A doctor?” Nightmare asked. “Why, how serious is it?”

Big Macintosh glanced at Diamond, Silver, and Sweetie before he shook his head. “This ain’t something little fillies should be seeing.” He ran out of the kitchen to look for someone who could help Apple Bloom, but the others hurried to catch up with him.

“We deserve to know what’s happened to her!” Diamond shouted as she ran.

“Big Mac, stop! Maybe I can do something!” Nightmare said.

Big Macintosh did stop as he heard that. He turned around so that Nightmare could get a better look at Apple Bloom. “It’s her eye Miss Moon. It…it’s bleeding.”

Apple Bloom slowly removed her hoof from her eye and they all stared at it in horror. Her left eye was orange, just like it normally was. But her right eye had turned rather red, and there were in fact a few tiny drops of blood leaking out of it. Fluttershy gasped at the sight and flew off to get help.

Diamond shuddered. “T-that’s not a good sign.” Silver and Sweetie shuddered in horrified agreement.

Nightmare’s horn glowed as she stared at Apple Bloom’s eye. “Let me see what I can do…” Her horn glowed for a full minute before it stopped. “That’s weird. I…I can’t get a good reading on it. I’m sorry, but I don’t know what’s causing this.”

Fluttershy soon flew back to them, dragging another pony with her. “Please slow down, what are you…” Time Turner trailed off as he saw them all. “Oh dear. What happened her?”

Mayor Derpy soon flew over to them, with Sparkler and Dinky following her. “Timey? What is it?”

Sparkler saw Apple Bloom’s injury and quickly covered her younger sister’s eyes. “Don’t look Dinky. You don’t want to see this.”

Big Macintosh turned Apple Bloom to face the other stallion. “Yer a doctor, can ya help her?”

“Oh. Oh, yes!” Time Turner said as he slipped into his Doctor Hooves persona. “Let me take a look.” He examined Apple Bloom’s eye and nodded. “I’ve seen something like this before. It’s a magical injury, and it’s NOT fatal. I can heal her eye, but I’m afraid you and her will need to come with me Mister Macintosh. Treating this will take a long time. I’m afraid she won’t be completely healed until tomorrow.”

“B-but the wedding! Ah’m s-supposed ta be one o’ t-the flower fillies!” Apple Bloom cried.

“It’s okay Apple Bloom. We’ll get someone else to help. Maybe Scootaloo will reconsider now. Or I could do it, if you want,” Diamond offered.

“T-thank ya kindly DT. Ah’m sure mah dress will look prettier on ya anyway,” Apple Bloom mumbled.

“Sorry everyone, but I need to get working on Miss Apple Bloom straight away,” Doctor Hooves said.

Fluttershy stared at him and made several gestures.

“Sorry? Oh, don’t worry about that. Now, I’ll need to work on Apple Bloom for the rest of today and tonight,” Doctor Hooves said. “Afterwards she’ll need to spend tomorrow resting in bed, so I’ll be able to join you all for King Sombra’s and Luna’s wedding,” he said the last bit with a little wink towards Derpy.

Fluttershy smiled and made a few more gestures.

“Oh, um thank you.” Doctor Hooves narrowed his eyes at her. “By the way, you seem a little friendlier than when I last spoke with you.” Fluttershy smiled again and made one gesture with her hooves, before flapping her wings twice. “Oh. Okay then.”

“Apple Bloom?” Big Macintosh interrupted.

“Right, of course. Come with me, you can help me with her treatment.” The two stallions walked away with Apple Bloom, leaving the rest of them feeling worried.

“I really hope she gets better,” Diamond said.

“I think we all hope for the same thing Miss Tiara,” Derpy said. “Sorry, I should take Sparkler and Dinky back to the hotel we’re staying at. I look forward to seeing you all at the wedding tomorrow.”

“Right. Candance, Fluttershy, we should get back to checking on the preparations,” Nightmare said.


“Excuse me Rarity? Is Luna’s dress ready yet?” Cadance called out as the three of them entered Rarity’s suite.

Rarity smiled as she finished a stitch on the white and gold wedding dress. “Yes, of course. Um, I’ve been working on it ever since I was given the assignment, and I think Luna will be pleased with the results!”

Nightmare grimaced at the dress. She noticed Rarity’s hurt expression and quickly smiled. “Oh sorry Rarity! It’s a very beautiful dress. It’s just that my mom doesn’t usually wear white.”

“The colour is nice. Personally, I would have asked for something with more beading and a longer train,” Cadance said. Fluttershy gave her a little nudge and she quickly smiled. “Oh but uh, I’m sure Luna will absolutely love, love, love it!”

“Why, thank you! Oh, would you ladies like to see your own dresses?” Rarity offered. “I’m afraid I haven’t finished with them yet but they’re coming along nicely.”

“Does mine have darker colours?” Nightmare asked.

“Not to worry Nightmare, I know what you like. I can guarantee you’ll love your dress when you see it,” Rarity cheerfully promised her.

“Okay. I’ll trust your judgment with this one. Cadance, Fluttershy, are you coming?” Nightmare asked as she turned to leave Rarity to her work.

“Oh, do stay for a moment Nightmare. After I’m finished, your mother said she’ll be treating us all to hooficures,” Rarity said cheerfully.

Nightmare frowned. “No thanks. I dislike having other ponies touch my hooves.”

Rarity scoffed. “Oh, you and Rainbow Dash. It feels amazing, you two should give it a try.”

No thanks. I don’t like hooficures.” Nightmare frowned and muttered, “For that matter, my mom doesn’t love them either...”


Later that night, Nightmare Moon walked over to the café table to meet her friends. “You all look like you had fun.”

“That’s up for debate actually,” Sunset groaned. “Sorry if I seem a little out of it. The party got kinda weird.”

“I’m with Sunny on that,” Smog groaned. “I’ve never been to a bachelor party before, but I don’t think it was supposed to be like that. I’ve got a headache.”

Trixie groaned. “From what Trixie has heard, headaches are normal. I think. Trixie has never been to a bachelorette party before either, but that’s just…sorry, Trixie forgot what she was saying.”

Chrysalis groaned. “I feel sick and I don’t know why.”

Discord huffed and crossed his arms. “Oh please. The party was a smashing success. I don’t know why you all didn’t enjoy yourselves.”

Sunset groaned. “Ugh. Please don’t say smash. I just remembered why I tried to use a memory spell to block that memory out.”

“I fixed it, didn’t I?” Discord said.

Gilda shrugged. “I still wanna know where that turtle came from.”

“Tortoise,” Sunset mumbled.

“Whatever. Not to mention the orange and the cat,” Gilda said.

“What cat?” Nightmare asked before she shook her head. “Never mind. So basically, it’s what you would have expected from a Discord and Pinkie bachelor party?”

“Yup. It came out of nowhere, I don’t know what I was doing for most of it, and I plan on forgetting it ever happened,” Smog said. He planted his head onto the table and groaned.

Nightmare frowned as she took notice of Chrysalis. “Are you okay Chrysalis? You look exhausted.”

Chrysalis weakly nodded. “Sorry, stomach ache. And headache. Between being a bridesmaid and performing my duties as a changeling queen for all of the visiting changelings, I’m a little tired. A royal wedding between King Sombra and Captain Luna is the kind of big event that many changelings dream about. There are so many guests that it gets hard to keep track of all of them.”

Nightmare sighed. “Trixie, Rainbow, you were at the bachelorette party with Pinkie and my mom, right?”

“Mostly. Gilda and I left a little earlier to work some more on our Rainboom and Blitz combo,” Rainbow said.

“Trixie then. Did you notice anything odd about my mom?”

Trixie shrugged. “Maybe. You’d have to be specific. Trixie witnessed many odd things at the party.”

Ignoring all of the strangeness that two chaotic reality-warpers conjured up,” Nightmare said. “Was my mom acting like herself?”

“Acting like herself? What are you saying?” Chrysalis asked.

“I’m not certain yet, but there might be a possibility that my mom was replaced by an imposter. She didn’t sing our song when I saw her earlier. She always sings our song,” Nightmare said.

Rarity waved her hoof. “Darling, every mare gets stressed out on her wedding. Everything has to be perfect after all. I’m sure she just forgot.”

Nightmare frowned. “So I’ve heard. But this is my mom we’re talking about. MY Loony. I know her better than anyone and I’m telling you, she’s not acting like herself.”

Smog pulled his head off the table. “Nightmare’s right guys. If she says Luna isn’t acting like herself, then she isn’t.”

“I still say its probably wedding stress. But I shall trust your judgment,” Rarity said.

Gilda shrugged. “If she is an imposter, maybe we’ll get to kick her flank.”

Sunset smiled as their friends nodded. “So what do you want us to do Nightmare?”

Nightmare smiled. “Thank you. I know things have been a little difficult lately since you found out about Project Zero, but it’s nice to see I can always count on you. Thanks for trusting me.” She sighed and looked up at night sky thoughtfully. “I’ll try and confront her when I see her. For now I just want you guys to keep an eye on her. Look for anything suspicious. I don’t want to attack her in case she really is Loony.”

Chrysalis raised her hoof. “I need to speak with Luna about something before bed. I can look for anything suspicious, if you want.”

“Thank you Chrysalis. Don’t tire yourself out though, you still have your own duties to perform.” Nightmare yawned. “It’s getting late, I’m going to bed. See you guys in your dreams.” They said goodnight as Nightmare levitated Smog onto her back and went to their suite.

Nightmare and Smog walked quietly through the Crystal Castle. As they walked they passed by Cadance and Fluttershy talking in the halls.

“For goodness sake Fluttershy,” Cadance spoke firmly. “You need to be careful with that.” She pointed at the purple jar in Fluttershy’s hooves. Fluttershy winced and nodded her head sadly. “Look just put that thing somewhere safe. Whatever happens tomorrow we’ll be able to take the lid off, so not too much longer. Okay?”

Fluttershy nodded. She turned around but froze when she saw Nightmare and Smog. She made a little “Eep!” noise and flew off down the hall.

“Oh, Nightmare. Sorry about that, you just gave my assistant a bit of a spook,” Cadance said.

“That’s okay. What’s with that jar she had?” Nightmare asked.

“Oh, um…it’s just a little…thing of Fluttershy’s. You know how some people have a pet rock? It’s like that. Fluttershy loves pets,” Cadance said as she giggled nervously.

Nightmare raised an eyebrow. “Uh huh. Are you okay Cadance? You look a little twitchy.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Busy with the wedding, you know how it is.” Cadance smiled. “How are you feeling? This must be exciting for you. You could be a princess soon.”

Nightmare smiled a little. “If my mom does become Queen Luna then yes, I suppose I will be. Now I know I will make a good princess, but well…I’m not sure how others will see me…”

“Oh I’m sure you would make a lovely princess! You definitely have the beauty and grace of one,” Cadance said.

“Oh. You think so?” Nightmare said as her chest puffed up with pride and her wings fluttered a little.

“Of course! Your wings are astonishing, and your magic is amazing. Your body has such a majestic build, your fangs are adorable, your mane and tail is so gorgeous…and your eyes are so amazing…” Cadance said as she stared at Nightmare.

Smog stared at Cadance. Nightmare blushed and took a step back while slightly moving her left wing to cover her face. “Um, thank you Cadance. But I don’t think Prince Shining Armor would appreciate you talking about me like that.”

Fluttershy flew back over to them and touched down, giving Cadance a nudge with her wing. Cadance blinked and shook her head. “What? I…oh. No, no, no. I wasn’t flirting with you or anything Nightmare Moon.” Cadance blushed. “I’m dating Shining Armor of course. I was just giving you a friendly compliment, sorry I made you feel embarrassed.” She turned to leave with Fluttershy. “Anyway it was nice talking to you. Goodnight!”


Nightmare began to dream walk as soon as she had fallen asleep. She visited all of her friends in their dreams. Sunset was dreaming about battling ghosts with a rock band, Rainbow was dreaming about the Shadowbolts, and Gilda was dreaming about the same thing, only with a surprise duel with Mare Do Well thrown in. Trixie was dreaming about performing a magic show while riding a vampire Ursa Major, Smog was dreaming about ice cream castles, and Rarity was dreaming about herself as a knight in shining armor rescuing herself as a princess. Discord’s dream was too bizarre to even begin describing.

She visited Apple Bloom in her dreams to learn that the filly’s eye was healing. She visited Prince Shining’s dream to see him and Cadance getting married and fighting monsters with a sandwich. There were other people that she tried to visit in their dreams, but it appeared that most of them were awake. She couldn’t find King Sombra, her mom, Princess Twilight, Chrysalis, Fluttershy, or Cadance.

Nightmare’s internal clock was telling her that it was getting close to morning anyway. She was about to wake herself up when she heard Luna’s voice. “Nightmare!”

“Mom?” Nightmare spun around, searching for the source of the voice. “Loony, is that you?”

“Moony! C- …a…imp…find…in…caves ben…castle!” Nightmare’s ears twitched as she listened to the choppy message.

“Loony! Where are you?” Nightmare called out. She heard her mom’s voice again, growing fainter. Nightmare growled and shook herself awake.

As she hurried out of bed, she reached into her bags with her magic and pulled out her armor. Putting it all on, she quickly checked the room to find a note left by Smog explaining that he was meeting the others for breakfast.

She ran out of her suite and down the halls, searching for her friends, King Sombra, anyone with power who could help her in this grim situation. As she passed by one door, she slowed down as she heard something. Nightmare opened the door with her magic and stepped inside.

Pinkie Pie sat in the middle of an empty room. The only items with her were a piano and a piano bench. Her fingers moved across the piano as she played a rather haunting song.

“This day is going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
All my friends will gather round to say…”

Pinkie suddenly stopped playing and lifted her fingers off the piano. She scratched her head in thought before she looked up and smiled. “Hey there Nightie! How’s it going?”

As much as Nightmare was still uneasy around the Trickster, she had to trust Pinkie Pie sooner or latter. “Pinkie, I just heard my mom calling for help in a dream! I think she’s trapped somewhere, we have to save her!”

“Trapped? How could that be?” Pinkie asked cheerfully. “I just saw her earlier, silly filly!”

“Where?!”

“Boy, somebody’s not a morning pony,” Pinkie giggled. “No need to get all shout-y. They’re just in the wedding hall doing the practice session.” She smiled cheerfully and played a few notes on the piano before she paused again.

Nightmare frowned a little. “Um…what are you doing?”

“Working on a song,” Pinkie answered with a serene smile.

“Wait, you’re…working on a song?” Nightmare asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yup. It’s not finished yet.”

“It’s not finished? ...You can’t just sing the whole thing right now?”

“Nope. I need to rehearse a bit,” Pinkie calmly said. Nightmare had no idea why but that thought sent shivers down her spine. And seeing Pinkie acting so calm was sort of scaring her. Pinkie smiled cheerfully. “You better get going. They’ll be practicing the vows soon. They can’t have a wedding without the maid of honour, can they?” Nightmare’s eyes widened as she turned into magical mist and flew out of the room. Pinkie giggled and placed her fingered hooves back on the piano.

“That day is going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
All my friends will gather round,
While my enemies will bow down
And at last the truth will be revealed to them all…”

Pinkie lifted her fingers off the piano and giggled. “No, that’s not it. Let’s try this again. Once more…”


Princess Twilight smiled as she surveyed the room. King Sombra stood by her, looking rather happy. Over in the corner, Diamond, Silver, Sweetie, and Scootaloo were talking to Apple Bloom.

“Are you sure you’re feeling alright?” Scootaloo asked.

Apple Bloom weakly smiled as she held a hoof over her eye. “It’s okay Scoots. Ah feel fine. Eye’s almost healed, see?” She removed her hoof to show them that both eyes were their normal orange colour, her right eye merely twitching a little.

“Well, if you’re sure you’re up for it…” Diamond started before Apple Bloom cut her off.

“It’s fine Diamond. Ya can be the flower filly. Ah’m supposed ta be resting. Ah’m just here to watch y’all practice for when the wedding starts fir real,” she said.

Over in another corner in the room, Rainbow was pulling Rarity with her to talk with Fluttershy.

“Hey there. Fluttershy, right?” Rainbow asked with a smile. The yellow pegasus blinked in surprise at before she nervously nodded. “I don’t know if you remember me but we went to flight camp together. Name’s Rainbow Dash. I know we’ve met a couple of times whenever you and Countess Cadance stop by for a visit but we haven’t gotten much of a chance to talk, what with you not being able to talk. That’s why I brought my friend Rarity with me!”

Rarity smiled. “Hello darling. I am Rarity. I must say, I love your hairstyle. And you carry yourself with such grace! Miss Fluttershy, what is your secret?”

Fluttershy blushed and tried to hide her face behind her mane.

“Rarity, quit it! You’re creeping her out.” Rainbow smiled at Fluttershy. “Rarity knows a little more sign language than I do.”

“Well yes, but I’m afraid I don’t know all of it. I’m a little unfamiliar with how pegasus wing gestures work into the language too. But I shall try and help you with what I know,” Rarity said.

“So, uh…do you remember me Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked. Fluttershy hesitantly looked into her eyes and slowly nodded. “Really? Awesome! We were…friends right? I know we didn’t hang out much, but we were buddies, right?” Fluttershy thought about if for a moment before she slowly smiled and nodded again. “Hey, cool! I’m reconnecting with an old friend! Maybe after this wedding is done, ya wanna hang out with us?”

Fluttershy’s smiled faded a little and she shook her head. She made a few gestures with her hooves. “She says ‘I’m sorry but I have a few appointments with Cadance that I need to meet. I’m sorry’,” Rarity translated.

“Oh, sorry to hear that. Um, it’s cool. Maybe some other day?” Rainbow asked.

As they continued to talk, the church organ began playing. Sunset, Smog, Trixie, Gilda, Discord, and Chrysalis walked up the aisle. “That’s good everyone. Nice and steady,” Princess Twilight said. “Then of course, Luna will enter.” Two royal guards opened the doors with their magic and Luna walked in. The princess continued talking as Luna walked up the aisle to join them. “I’ll say a few words, and then we’ll begin with the vows. King Sombra, you’ll get the ring from your best mare. Sunset Shimmer?”

“Right here, Your Majesty,” Sunset said.

“Perfect. Everything is…wait,” Princess Twilight said. “Where’s the maid of honour? Where’s Nightmare Moon?”

Smog shrugged. “Maybe she’s still in bed?” he suggested.

The doors were covered in a dark blue aura as Nightmare flung them open. “I’m here!” she shouted as she stormed into the room, her horn glowing as tiny bolts of lightning crackled around her mane. “And I will NOT stand for this!”

Smog noticed the tiny bolts around Nightmare’s mane and winced. “Yikes. Haven’t seen that in a while. Something’s got her mad,” he said aloud.

“Are you okay Nightmare?” Chrysalis asked.

“Nightmare, what is it? Why are you upset?” Luna asked.

“Don’t try and play games with me impostor!” Nightmare shouted as she stormed her way up the aisle. “Tell me what you’ve done with the real Luna! Where’s my mother?!”

King Sombra frowned. “Impostor? Can you provide any proof for this ridiculous accusation?”

“I’ve seen plenty of proof!” Nightmare growled as she started backing the frightened Luna up against the wall. “She didn’t tell me about this wedding, she’s been acting strange and suspicious, and I haven’t seen her while dream walking until this morning where I heard the real Loony’s voice crying for help!” Nightmare sneered at her. “I have you now imposter. Admit what you have done and tell me where my mom is right NOW!”

Luna’s eyes watered as she stared at Nightmare. “I…I don’t understand! W-why are you doing this to me?” she cried. “I did this for...please Moony, I…I love you.”

Nightmare’s triumphant smirk faded a little as she took a step back. “Y…your fake tears aren’t fooling anyone…” she said. Although she didn’t sound so sure herself.

“I…Nightmare, I’m sorry!” Luna cried. She ran out of the wedding hall as tears spilled from her eyes.

As she left, a furious King Sombra glared at Nightmare. “I am very disappointed in you.”

Nightmare took a step back. “But…but she was an imposter! She hasn’t been acting like my Loony at all lately!”

“That’s because she has been so stressed out and worried about making this day perfect! She told me she’s been dreaming of this moment ever since she was a filly. And now her own daughter has just stomped over her heart!” King Sombra shouted.

“No! That can’t…that wasn’t her! I heard the real Loony calling for help in a dream!” Nightmare cried.

“And did you ever consider that it was just a dream?” King Sombra said.

“That was an imposter! I know my mom better than anyone! I’m her daughter!” Nightmare argued.

King Sombra glared at her. “Maybe so, but I have known Luna for a lot longer than you have. I have known her since Sparkle and I met her, over a hundred years ago. I know how much the imprisonment of her sister broke her heart, and I know how much she has desired to have a family again.”

“She has a family already!” Nightmare said.

Enough. I’m done talking to you. If you will all excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride.” King Sombra said to the others. He turned to Nightmare and growled, “You have a lot to think about.”

As the king left, Chrysalis frowned at Nightmare. “How could you be so heartless?” she said as she left too. Fluttershy frowned at Nightmare and followed Chrysalis.

“What? Chrysalis, I…” Nightmare turned around to see the rest of her friends. “You guys believe me, right? I would never hurt her if she was my mom. Never!”

Princess Twilight spoke up. “Nightmare I…I don’t know what to think. I suppose you would know your mother well enough to know if that was an impostor. But on the other hoof…that mare just ran off crying. She looked absolutely heartbroken.”

“You were a tiny bit harsh,” Discord said. He raised his claw and brought two talons close together. “Tiny bit.”

“So that’s it…none of you believe me…” Nightmare asked. Her ears and head lowered in sorrow.

Smog sighed. “…I believe you.”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “Really? Why?”

“Because,” Smog answered.

“But…what proof is there that it wasn’t the real Luna?” Rarity asked.

“Nightmare Moon is my friend and I trust her. That’s all the proof I need,” Smog said.

At that, some of the others nodded slowly. “I don’t know if you’re right about her being an impostor…but I know you wouldn’t hurt your mom on purpose like that,” Sunset said.

“Trixie is also unsure if she believes you or not. But she does trust you,” Trixie said.

Gilda sighed. “Well, we’ve dealt with weirder things. Ya really think she’s a fake? I mean, I don’t wanna say changeling, but it might be.”

“I doubt that. Chrysalis would know, but she has left to comfort the bride. I myself believe that was Luna,” Rarity said. “But I do not wish to side against you either darling.”

Rainbow scratched her head. “Yeah, I don’t know what to think either. But I won’t leave my friends hanging.”

“Pan-trees!” Discord shouted as he snapped his fingers and made a metal tree grow out of the floor. Everyone else stared at him. “What? Things were getting too depressing for me.”

Nightmare sighed. “Thank you believing me everyone. Even if I’m not sure I believe myself anymore.” She sat down on the floor and softly sang:

“She was my loving mother, best friend forever…
But now I fear we won’t do anything together…”

Fluttershy opened the doors as she and Cadance walked into the room. “Luna wishes to speak with you privately Nightmare. She feels she owes you an explanation. And personally, I think you owe her an apology,” Cadance said.

Nightmare stood up and sighed. “I’ll talk to her.” She followed Cadance and Fluttershy into a small room not too far away from the wedding hall. She opened the door to see Luna sitting inside, still drying her eyes.

Luna smiled gently. “I remembered the song:
Sunshine, sunshine
Owls awake!
Clap your hooves
And give your wings a shake!”

Nightmare frowned slightly. “It’s sun shines and moon gleams.”

“Is it? Oh dear.” Luna sighed. “I’m sorry Nightmare.”

“No, I’m sorry Luna,” Nightmare said. “I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that.”

Luna smiled. She held up her hoof and pointed at Fluttershy before she walked over and gave Nightmare a pat on the head. “No, I’m sorry. I’m not Luna.”

Nightmare blinked. “What?”

“Could you wait for us outside please?” Fluttershy gently asked. Cadance nodded and left the room. Fluttershy closed the doors and locked them.

Nightmare turned to Fluttershy. “Wait, you can talk? I thought you were mute.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Legally mute. I’m really sorry, but I’m afraid I only pretended to be mute. It’s worked well for me though. I’m really, really shy.”

“What’s going on?” Nightmare said. She stopped as she saw Luna’s horn start glowing.

“Oh, it’s okay. Come here, my little bunny,” Fluttershy said gently as she stared at Nightmare. Her blue eyes began to glow slightly as she stared her.

“Hush now, quiet now
It’s time to lay your sleepy head…”

Nightmare’s eyes started feeling heavy as Fluttershy sang. “W-what…” she yawned.

“Hush now, quiet now
“It’s time to go to bed…”

Nightmare laid down on the floor as the false Luna’s horn glowed. “I really am sorry. At least you’ll be with the real Luna soon.” Her horn flashed and Nightmare Moon disappeared.

Fluttershy sighed. “She has a strong will. That was harder than usual.”

The false Luna held a hoof over her chest. “I don’t know if I can do this anymore Fluttershy. I feel sick.”

“Hush now. We’re going to make the pain go away,” Fluttershy said gently.

‘Luna’ moaned. “Nightmare found out about us. Maybe not the whole plan, but she saw through me. Things are already spiraling out of control.”

“We can do this. Trust me,” Fluttershy said. “And even if things don’t go according to plan, well…that’s why we brought the backup plan, right?” She flew over to a shelf and brought down the jar full of purple stuff. “You said so yourself. Even if we can’t beat them, this will.”

The false Luna smiled. “You’re right. I just hope the legends are actually true. And that we’ll be able to contain it if things get too wild.”

“Will it really come to that?” Fluttershy asked.

“I hope we don’t have to use it. According to the book…”

She trailed off as they both stared at the jar. They gave it a little shake as the stuff inside the jar wiggled. The purple jelly-like slime suddenly doubled, then tripled in size as the jar cracked. Two eyeballs and a mouth grew out of the slime and gurgled. They looked at the face and spoke together,

“…nothing can stop the Smooze.”

To be continued…

PreviousChapters Next