• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

A test of one's mettle

THE NEXT DAY

7:03 PM

"Are you sure you want to be alone?" asked by the bat filly.

The colt replied, "Yeah, just need to manage my new powers somewhere else. I'll be alright and be back for dinner." He then waved a hoof as he began going into his new metamorphosis.

He then flapped his wings, getting off the ground as he now starting to fly out of the terrace then going through somewhere he can find meditation.

AN HOUR LATER AT A DISTANT PLAIN AREA

He knew that it would be the same place to begin. Still in his transformation, he stood up in all fours as he began to put more of his skills into the test. He raised his right hoof up as white-gray energy starting to from around it. It formed into a white-gray sphere, almost similar from his original one. It had spiral waves around it, whirling through different directions. He marked his target, in front of him was a tree. He began charging forward without hesitation as he then collided his orb with the tree. The contact was much in brute force, almost like breaking a powerful barrier. The result was the tree now had its center part with a big hole and its branches were fell down. He was impressed by the power of his new orb because it was almost like lethal to everything.

His next concentration was the glacial fissure. He took a step back as he began taking a deep breath. After exhaling the air from his mouth, he raised both of his forehooves up, then stomping them into the ground. He felt the energy coming from his hooves starting to form into spikes as they began charging forward until it reached into a certain point where they explode into like dust of cold mist, causing a loud bang. The result from the explosion had the fissure appeared in a straight line. He walked forward to see its deep end. What he were things that would really best for him to avoid getting to fall even to the innocents that would be foolishly enough to be in the line.

Third was a frosted gust. He pulled his left hoof and then pushed it forward, releasing a minor shockwave form of ice. It was a concentration spell, but his energy was infinite so it was fine. He then stopped his concentration, chuckling didn't want to keep his hoof frozen forever. He sat down on his haunches as he began breathing heavily because of exhaustion. He was happy that the improvement was real, would be real enough for him to be ready in taking on the war. Just as he was about take another moment to inhale air, he sensed movement coming from behind. He immediately summoned from his right hoof a corrupted ice shard and threw it behind him without hesitation. As he heard it explode, he stood up and looked behind to see the pony who was approaching him.

He could not believe of who it was.

It was Phan Tom. His appearance became different. His horn now sharp like a pencil, his wings became more like a griffon's, but just as pointy as well, and his eyes were glowing pure red, almost like a demon of hatred. The new demon was in suprised that his cousin was in a new transformation as well. He smiled as he broke the silence whirling around them,

"Hello again, Eter, been testing your magic, eh?"

"Yeah, I absorbed an amulet that I found in a temple from Saddle Arabia. It gave me wings for no reason, but I like it," the young colt replied happily as he gestured Phan Tom to see his new kind of wings.

"Well, you can now fly like me."

...

"By the way, can I ask a request?"

"Sure thing, cousin, say it away."

"I want to have battle, a short one don't worry. I want to see your skills. Just to know how much you progressed."

Shard was in a state of choosing a decision. If he had to fight him for testing each other, he would make sure that he should not tell it to anypony about it. He had to make sure that Venang must not be around to intervene as she might think of it like it was a real death match. Nevertheless, he would just reason with her to avoid the misunderstanding. He took one a deep breath and two steps backward with the answer that he always wanted to say,

"Alright, give me your best shot, Phan Tom!" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Well then, I declare this match begin!" the young draconequus replied with an evil smile as he took two steps backward too.

In a brief moment of looking at the gazes from each other, the two began charging with limitless hesitations. The demonic colt summoned a dark orb with gray vines whirling around it while the corrupted one concentrated a white-gray sphere with white spiral waves. Two spheres were collided as it pushed them back from each other with great force. A huge bang was heard following a smoke white gust. The bang was loud enough for Ponyville to hear and Canterlot. The two young draconequui continued on their fight by their magic affinities.

Taking into the skies, Phan Tom released dark flames from his mouth while Shard pushed out his both of his forehooves, releasing a powerful version of the frosted gust. Two magics clashed, releasing waves of energy and a bright light. Their concentration spells were evenly matched as if neither of their spells got the advantage against each other. They stopped their channeling and landed at the ground. In a short time, they looked again face to face, understanding that both of them were improving greatly and were stronger very equally. Without another moment of catching a breath, they released their signature abilities.

Shard summoned a chunk of ice from his hooves then pushed it by turning around and used his back legs to kick it. Phan Tom saw it coming as he cast a flammable shield around him, breaking the ice in quick succession into bits and pieces and melting them into water. He rubbed his raised both of his forehooves, creating dark fireballs, then throwing them in a straight line before adjoining them together into one big like comet. The archon summoned a frost gust into a form of a wall. It blocked the flammable ball until it exploded, leaving another bang and smoke covering him.

Just as Phan Tom was expecting to be victorious, a frost gust appeared immediately infront of him, not giving him time to react. He was sent back and forced him to get hit by a tree behind him, feeling the pain on his wings and his spine as he slipped down onto the grassy ground. As he shook his head, regaining his consciousness, he looked up and saw Shard flying so high in the sky that he could barely see him because of the glooming moon. He noticed his cousin was holding a sphere from his hoof, signaling that it's time to end in one way. Phan Tom got up slowly and stood in all fours, opening his injured wings, channeled another orb for the second time. He called him out loudly,

"Ready to end it?!" the demonic colt yelled to get his cousin hear him.

"Yeah, time to bring this match into a close!" the corruputed pony replied loudly as well.

At that, the two began charging again into the skies. Getting closer. Closer now to closure. Ending the fight with one huge and a painfully loud...

BANG!!!

It was a very loud sound. So loud that it got every cities around Equestria in attention. Some were in shocked in fear and some were in shiver of hoping that it was just a thunderstorm.

The bang gave out a result of the two landed with a thud on their front. Because of their strong power, the collision of their orbs did a number on the forest around them. Most of the trees were broken down into twigs and the ground became in pure soil like it was hit by a nuclear missile. Both of them were in pain, but Shard was the only one who can endure it. He slowly got up and looked at his cousin still down and with no means of fighting more. The archon was victorious. He let out a monstrous screech, echoing it to the skies. He turned back to normal and slowly walked over to his defeated enemy.

The young colt was first to speak, "It looks like I won the match, cousin."

"Haha, you are always a worthy opponent to me, Eter," he replied with a chuckle as he ignored the pain of standing up.

"So, what do you plan now?"

"I will have to go back to our tribe's fortress. It may be long, but I will be fine. Until then, good luck."

At that, Phan Tom flew up high and went out without any trace.

"See you soon, cousin," Shard said with a smile as he began flying back to Canterlot.

TO BE CONTINUED