• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

Best couples-companions

TWO HOURS LATER IN THE EVENING

The duo set course to an island called Cross Canyon. While waiting, they were testing out their new abilities to get to know them better since they didn't have any memory of every creating those. Shard conjured a frost spear while Venang summoned a flame sword, both looking at their weapons respectively. Venang attacked the dummy by a crescent slash, instantly turning it into ashes. It also had a delayed trace of green flame following the tip of the blade after. Shard ( In his metamorphosis ) attacked through his target with a spear through a quick dash, resulting the dummy sliced in half with marks of frost lines.

"We got some cool powers, eh?" she smiled.

"Yeah, but I like more of your sword, though," he chuckled as he revert back to his original form.

"Really?" she snorted, "You got a cool spear and now you want a sword like me?"

"Well, I can dream of it," he shrugged.

The duo shared a short laugh.

"Well, just make one."

"What kind?" he asked.

"Anything, as long it suits you," she grinned.

"Okay, let me see.."

Shard concentrated his hooves, creating a frost orb as it began to release swirling traces of frost. He focused further as he sensed the orb taking shape. After a moment, it turned into a frost sword that looked like a kitchen's knife.

"Seriously, this kind of form?" he frowned as he looked at its appearance.

"At least its longer than an ordinary kitchen knife," she pointed.

"Eh, I guess you're right," he nodded.

"Let's test it out" she declared as she conjured her fire blade.

"What?" he looked at her.

"Don't worry, just a few attacks," she said.

"Can you handle it?"

"Yeah, I'm sure its not that overpowered," she replied as she went into her defensive stance.

"Alright then, here goes!" he shouted as he charged at her.

A FEW SECONDS LATER

As every attacks he made, Venang felt pressured. As she blocked one attack, she noticed that she was being pushed backward even he was staying still in his position when attacking. She also had a little issue when blocking his attacks, they were so strong as she cringed like he almost pointed his blade directly at her face. As she was about to ask to stop, she saw him exhausted and laying down at the floor to get air.

"I think that's enough for tonight," he sighed.

"Yeah, let's go to bed," she nodded

The duo went inside, straight to the bedroom, and slept while embracing one another for their relaxing slumber.


MEANWHILE

Phan Tom entered the dining hall, greeted by his fellow kin and his master.

"Greetings," they bowed.

"I was told that you succeeded from your assignment," Master said.

"Yes," Phan Tom nodded nodded, "It is now on our control."

"Yes, good work," Master remarked.

"Today, there is something I would like to discuss with you,"

"What is it?" he asked.

"A recon team that I had sent a few days ago arrived back just a few minutes ago. They reported to me about the two were at Shimmering Dawn and they consumed another power created by the Wretched Fiend herself. They reported that the children were now able to use advanced abilities instantly without even thinking or training."

"They are getting stronger," Phan Tom admitted.

"Which is why I am tasking you to oversee their abilities. Find them, but do not assault them. Just observe their combat expertise and return with detailed opinions," Master commanded.

"I will, but what if they would attack one of our territories?" Phan Tom asked.

"Let them be, for it will waste their time in liberating each islands while we build a battalion," Master declared.

Without a reply, Phantom exited the venue and proceeded to locate the duo.


THE NEXT DAY

The duo landed ashore in their destination as they disembarked from their ship. They felt the ground very steep as the air was plain as blank. They ventured forward, ready for whatever awaited them at the area. As they walked for an hour, they sensed something strange. They felt the jungle's atmosphere feeling adrift as if there was some kind of happening before they arrived. Further walking straight to a river, they noticed a bridge that was almost gonna loose its hold.

Looking around, Shard picked up a rock and threw it at the bridge, in which an added weight to it caused the ropes to snap as the bridge fell down to the water. Venang flew over to the other side while Shard jumped high to reach to the opposite side. As they moved forward, they sensed a sound like a whistle and rustling of leaves. They looked around to see nopony there, but they kept hearing the noise. The duo ran away as fast as they could before something appeared in front of them, forcing them to stop.

"So it is you, son of the Wretched Fiend."

Shard and Venang looked at the creature. It looked like half griffon, half pony, and half bull. It's eyes were glowing bright yellow.

"Who are you?" Shard asked as he conjured his sword.

"One of your kin, little colt. Hybrids if you want a better term," it replied as its gaze towards him did not break.

"What do you want?" Venang demanded she summoned her own sword.

"The answer is easy, I eliminate intruders who would interfere our colony build in this island. Your mother is a mere traitor to us, colt, and that makes you a traitor as well," it snorted.

"I really dislike your appearance and your words. Me and Venang will kill you and stop whatever you guys are doing in this island," Shard glared.

"Such courage and determination," it smirked, "No matter, even if you liberate this island, you will still be in combat against us in endless number."

"If you insist in securing this island, good luck," it whispered as it charged at them with high speed.

The duo blocked its claws, but they were like gonna lose balance. Struggling hard in pushing it back, Shard transformed into his archon s while Venang covered herself in a flame cloak. The combined strength was enough to counter the push enough for them to kick the hybrid, forcing it back while in mid air, allowing the duo to dash straight to attack their targets. As every slash of attacks they made, they continued pressuring the hybrid until it finally loss its will to fight.

As they looked down at the hybrid, it began to cough up blood as its signal of death.

"He-he, you two defeated me at such a short time without patience," it wheezed.

"You are in our way," the duo growled in unison as they pierced its chest, killing him without remorse.

After a quick battle, the duo continued moving forward until they reached the exit of the jungle. As they reached to it, they saw cargo transports carrying like materials for crafting. They also saw many different hybrids exiting from their boats as they carried heavy boxes until they noticed the two. Shard and Venang, still in their forms prepared their swords and respective elemental abilities.

"That is him, the child of Lucra!" one pony hybrid shouted.

"He and his companion.. They are interfering the plans of our Master!" another pony hybrid gasped.

"Kill them!" a snake-griffon hybrid yelled.

Seeing their enemies charging in for the kill, Shard and Venang smirked as they rushed into them, settling the battle for the island. Venang flew up just by a hover as she lightened up her blade before dashing straight forward, slashing at them. The result of her attack gave the enemies large wounds in their body, killing them instantly as fire seeped through it. She then created a swirling tornado of fire from her blade by spinning it up high as she felt the flames swirling around her. After a brief moment, she sent the tornado into her targets, trapping many as they were engulfed in green flame. She then stopped it, seeing piles of bones of ashes falling to the ground. She grinned with delight as she thought to herself as an exceptional lethal fire caster.

Shard summoned a few clones as he commanded them to attack the hybrids for him to concentrate a somewhat special ability for his blade. A rune appeared below him as dark magic lines were emanating from his blade. His frost sword was starting to have swirling traces of dark frost, finally letting him strike the ground with a roar.

"Dark Ice Impalement!" Shard shouted it as the name of his new ability.

The ability was just nearly the same as from his previous: Glacial Fissure. The only differences were the shock wave was in gray-black color, sharp ice spikes immediately appeared as the wave increase its length further, and finally, as it reached its ending point, it expanded into a large circle as many ice shards appeared around the circles sides. Another strange but unique effect was the the circular ground turned into black. His new found ability killed the hybrids in a successful and brutal way.

Venang was suprised by his new technique as she looked at the line with the spikes, they were glowing with a dark color. Seeing their enemies killed and the ships retreating, the duo sighed in relief as they cleared the island.

"We did it!" Shard ( Now reverted back into his original form ) his declared.

"Yeah! That will make those bucktards fear of our no remorse policy!" she screamed.

The colt looked at the thestral with a suprised look.

"He-he-he," she blushed, "Too much?"

"Nah, it's cool!" he chuckled.

The filly giggled as she embraced him with love and happiness. The two gazed at the sunset for a moment, seeing it so beautiful as the perfect time to do something special. They looked at each other as Venang blinked with glimmering eyes, getting their faces closer until...

They kissed lips.

Unfortunately by an loud sound, the kiss was only for a short time as they broke the hug and looked at what's in front of them. They were shocked to see their ship in front of them in an instant with a rope for them to get up to the deck. They heard a clapping from behind, so they turned around to see none other Phan Tom smiling at them.

"You two are impressive," Phan Tom beamed.

"Really, you saw us battling?" Shard asked.

"And you were hiding and did not even bother to help your own kin?" she gaped.

"Well, I am only here to observe your experiences and I have to say, you two are quite impressive and deadly," Phan Tom admitted.

"You're gonna tell your Master about our progress?" Shard questioned.

"OUR master, Shard, best remember that," Phan Tom corrected, "And sadly yes, I will report it to him."

"It's alright, we don't mind about it, right Shard?" Venang smiled.

"Yeah, go ahead," Shard nodded.

"Thank you and farewell," Phan Tom said as he flew up to the sky until he could no longer be seen.

Seeing now the sun out of the picture and the moon taking place, the duo went back to their ship to rest for another great experience.

While on the ship, inside the bedroom,

"This day was awesome," Venang beamed.

"I know, the best," Shard nodded, "Good night, Venang,"

"Good night, Shard" she smiled as she kissed him at the cheek before nuzzling him.

The duo slept as they needed a time of rest before setting out next to the unknown.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

School begins tomorrow, gonna do more when in weekends and dismissal.