• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

The Fiend: The Duo Lurkers Within

The duo finally reached Shimmering Dawn as they were close now to the shore. After disembarking from the ship, they looked around to feel the atmosphere. There were no signs of any weapons, blood, or even dead bodies. Safe to say, the island was not harmed by anypony and that they were likely the first to set hoof. They ventured forward as they looked at the nature so exotic and amazing. The sun shined brightly at the ground, almost as if the light would reflect at them, in which Venang wished to not expect something like that.

After an hour of endlessly walking in the jungle, the two decided to take a break from the exhaustion. They went to find a good spot to rest their hooves, their heads, and to get cover from the sunlight. After founding one, they sat down at the plain grass as they leaned at a tree, while letting the cold air breeze upon them. Looking up at the sky, seeing clouds moving slowly and the sound of birds chirping.

"This place is so wonderful, eh?" he asked.

"Totally, like we're in paradise," she replied.

The duo shared a short laugh as the light of the sunlight still shined brightly.

"How far are we from the shrine?" she asked.

"Possibly still far from our current location," he replied, "This island is so big like a country."

"How about we find a shortcut ?"

"What kind of shortcut?" he asked.

"There might be rivers somewhere in the area that we can use as fast transportation to any certain areas. We could fine one that may lead us to the shrine at ease," she explained.

"Alright, we'll search one later. How about we eat snacks to pass the time?" he asked.

"Sure thing," she nodded as she brought out food from her saddle bag.


MEANWHILE

Phan Tom struck down a powerful magic blast at the golem, completely disintegrating it to dust. There were still more to handle, though he was exhausted from using too much of his power against the previous ones. Some of his comrades died from the assault because they were immediately annihilated by the golems. Seeing more coming and some his squad retreating, he decided to go to his next phase if he wished to claim the land for Master.

"I regret nothing!" he yelled as his eyes started to glow.

A black immolation appeared around him as he began to transform. Teeth sharpening, wings emerging into an eagle's, and an aura emanating below him as he roared while charging at full speed. He slashed his way through the golems, one by one of them being cut into half as he continued dashing to everyone of them. He then came to a stop as he began to fly to unleashed something deadly. His eyes were flaming with pure anger as he a concentrated inferno sphere from his forehooves. After a brief moment, he threw it at the sky, causing it to turn like a spiral orb as it released dark fire balls to the ground.

The golems that were hit directly by the attacks were turned into dust while some were completely turned into permanent statues. Some that were trying to to escape were unlucky as they got hit and turned into stiff stones like monuments.

He descended down to the ground, looking at his surviving comrades that were shocked and amazed by his raw power.

"You have such power."

"You could defeat anything."

"Maybe, but one. I believe you all know what I mean," he said.

The soldiers looked at each other for a brief moment before looking back, nodding in understanding.

"Good, now some of must return to our fortress and report to our Master about the success of the raid so he can bring the workers to begin planning," he commanded.

"Yes, young prodigal," they replied with a salute as they returned to their ships.

Phan Tom looked at the sky, sighing as he hoped his cousin was doing well,

"I hope you are out there somewhere, Eter. I wish you luck for our battle soon."


"Did you hear something?" he asked as he heard a growl.

"Yeah, it sounded like it's over there," she pointed out at the direction.

"Let's go check it," he declared.

The two got up and went to the direction where the sound of growling was heard. As they were getting closer, the sound was also getting louder. As they moved aside the bushes in front of them, it revealed to be a wolf. However, it looked like a bluish familiar, a spectral like it was summoned by a mere necromancer. The spiritual wolf looked at the duo with blue glowing eyes continuously and it didn't look like it was prepared to attack.

When the two made one step forward, the wolf made a fierce growl, but they continued moving one step at a time. As they were now close to it, the spectral being began running away. Without hesitation, Shard and Venang chased after it with full speed. In the jungle, running and jumping like they were in an obstacle course as they jumped from branches and keeping up the pursuit. The chase sent them into a nearby river where the wolf stop its tracks near the water, having the duo completely appeared in time. As they were gonna ready their abilities, the wolf vanished into floating ashes. They noticed the it pointing it at the right side of the river, possibly leading them to a new direction.

"So it was just leading to us to a new path?" she asked.

"I guess so. You're right about the rivers," he replied.

"I hope this will lead us to the shrine,"

"Only one way to find out.."

The colt conjured an ice surfboard, placing it at the water. He sat down at it and patted a space for her to join the ride of her life.

"Ready?" he smirked.

The filly giggled as she sat down at the spot.

"Ready," she smiled.

"Here we go!" he shouted as he gave the board a boost.

The surfboard accelerated at high speed, going up and then going down the stream. It was a great experience for them as they moved very fast while holding each other tightly. They went through zigzag lines, then another upward and downward slides. They were now close to the end as they reached to a waterfall, feeling the excitement as they were now closer and closer.

"YEAHHHHHHH!" they yelled as they went down the waterfall.

They got submerged by the impact, but got back up to the surface short after. They jumped to the dried grass, feeling soaked by the cooling water, but they laughed as it was the best thing that they had ever done. After a while in drying up their coat, they looked at what's in front of them. It was the shrine that the mist talked about. It had a strange symbol on its roof, possibly a mark from one of the ancestors. They walked in front to see a vase.

"Really, just a decoration," he frowned.

"Maybe there's something inside," she guessed as she took it from the table and looked inside of it.

"What do you see?" he asked.

"Nothing, just empty," she answered.

"Well, how about we smash it?"

"What? Are you serious?"

"There could be magic if we let it out," he explained.

"It's just a piece of ornament, Shard," she frowned.

"We have no choice, it might be the only way to get its power," he declared.

"Alright," she sighed, but nodded, "I'll do it."

The thestral threw it to the floor, completely shattered in pieces.

What they next saw was a trail of air, immediately surrounding them as it hummed an echo. The voice was probably from a dead living being. After a brief moment, the trail disappeared, leaving the duo confused.

"So you're here," said by a female voice.

The duo flinched by the voice. They looked around to see nopony there, until they looked in front of them a dark mist forming. The duo prepared their abilities, completely unaware the changed of appearance of their spells. They continued staring at the mist, seeing it subsided to reveal a hooded mare. They didn't catch most of her exposed body, but they saw her hooves in a dark green color. They were able to notice her eyes, teal color.

This was a new enemy to the duo, but for Shard, he felt like he was frozen. Those eyes that he saw, they were just like his mother's. The hooves' color, same as his'. Could it be her that he had been looking for? No, it must an impostor or possibly the pony responsible for the destruction of his home. He shook his head for a moment, gaining back his focus on the mare.

"Who are you?" Shard called out to her with a glare.

"Why should I tell you?" the hooded mare snarled, "It's none of your business, little foal."

"Don't play dumb, bucker!" Venang snorted as her flame abilities lightened up.

"Oh, such language you said there," the hooded mare snarled.

"You better tell us or else we'll buck your plot to Tartarus!" Shard shouted.

The hooded mare gave out a huff as she took a deep breath before giving out her answer.

"If you wish to know the reason, you'll have to get it," the hooded mare declared as she readied two dark orbs.

"So be it, motherbucker" the duo whispered in unison as they charged at the mare.

The battle was tense as Shard and Venang attacked the mare with brute force. The mare hit them with her dark magic, but they somehow ignored the pain and just continued on with their attacks at ease, much to her suprise by their endurance and strength. Venang conjured a flame sword, first time to ever made one, but she didn't questioned herself on how or even how did she learned it. She swiftly dashed forward to the target, releasing a long flammable slash. The mare was able to dodge in time, but did not expect something from behind. She saw Shard conjured a frost spear, throwing it at her location. However, the hooded mare barely dodged it in time to move back to gain distance.

"You will feel our power!" Shard roared.

"We will never stop!" Venang shouted.

The hooded mare saw of what could be her nightmare. She saw the thestral in a flammable immolation with eyes glowing bright green fire. She concentrated from her hoof a fire sphere, this time taking in shape of a star. For the earth pony, she looked to see him transforming, having his coat changed into gray, mane turned into sky blue and black, and eyes glowing enlightened blue. He conjured a frost orb, enhanced with dark magic as it had gray swirling trace of magic.

The duo charged at her with such ferocity and valor. Their spells hit her shield, but it began to crack immediately without warning.

"Darn it, this shield won't last longer," she thought to herself as the shield started to break.

"You've grown stronger, Eter, very good," she said to herself as she could only look now a blinding light appearing in front of her.

BANG!

As the bright light died out, it revealed the area damaged widespread like a whole part of the island got wrecked. The shrine was destroyed, all the remains were in rubble. Shard and Venang remained their standing, showing no signs of bruises and looking quite aggressive as the look on their faces were in an angry state. They noticed the hooded mare, whose cloak had some of its cloth teared and feeling in such pain stood up, looking at them dumbfounded.

"Impressive, you two became more powerful in just a short time," she admitted, "I've never seen ponies like you two possess such power."

"The reason why I came here was because I was waiting for you two, especially you, earth pony," she said she pointed at Shard.

The duo just stood there, glaring at her fiercely. Venang snarled while Shard growled.

"Well, I must be on my way for my next plan, farewell, kids!" she bellowed as she surrounded herself in a dark mist as she made her exit.

They looked at the mist, disappearing from their sight before looking at each other for a moment.

"I wonder who she is," Venang asked.

"Beats me, but she looks familiar," Shard replied.

"How so?"

"Not sure, but I'll just forget it. Now, let's get back to the ship to plan our next destination," he declared.

"Right beside you," she nodded as she went close to his side, wrapping a wing around him.

The two departed from the island, sure was one heck of an experience to ever had.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Next chapter in progress...