• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

The demon of your own

Anger, a type of attitude that would cause one to lose control due to irritation, some of course would do their best to keep their pressure stable. But for Shard, he was an unlucky one. Pure hatred had devoured his heart with nothing but guilt and vengeance as he stood up, showing his nature of redemption. The demon was in a shock to see such form that a draconequus can never do. A minor quake appeared as one of the pillars started to fall down, signaling that it was destiny for him to make an ending.

The colt charged at high speed, dodging quickly every spears that tried to hit him. He lashed out a punch at the demon's face, breaking the shield and giving a taste of his own medicine. As his enemy was pushed back, he raised his left hoof, channeling a light orb as it formed into several shards of ice. But this time, the shards were in gray color and covered with black vines for every one of them. He then pointed his hoof at him, sending them charging straight to his target. The demon tried to block, but to no avail as every all of them pierced through him as the vines started take on hold to him. He tried to break free, but suffering now much loss of blood and the fear of the new demon, he stopped in defeat as he watch the colt walking closer to him with a dark ice shard in his hoof.

"That power.... I cannot believe it in my own eyes...."

Shard never respond, but only a growl.

"Hehe... I see now that you are truly one of us, but not as strong enough as Lucra-," his sentence was cut off as the colt impaled the shard to his chest, causing him to shock in pain.

"You know what? I am sick of hearing you saying her name," Shard now finally replied, "Don't you ever say that my mother being the 'Wretched Fiend'. I don't know why and I don't care cause I only seek to find peace in redemption"

At that, he pushed through the impaling as he watched his most hated enemy coughing up blood, signaling death.

"Y-you?..... her son?" his last words before being burned into thin air.

Shard watched him fading away like a fire being hosed down. He retrieved the amulet and placed it around his neck. Nothing appeared, so he would just wait for it to take effect. He looked behind to see the guardians walking towards him. Having enough of the pain he went through and the possible death of her friend, he prepared himself another shard of ice, but he noticed them instead bowing to him. Confused, he asked,

"Why are you all bowing to me?"

One of the dead raised his sword with a reply, "Because you freed us from his control. We sensed that you have the same power as our mistress, Lucra. Saying that she is your mother, we vow to serve you as our own leader. You can lead us to the future of your choice. We apologized if we almost killed your associate."

The colt was very confused hearing of what the dead pony said. Being the next successor, it would be an honor, though, he never wanted to be royal and all. Hearing that how sorry they were for somehow killing or not his pony, he tried to be mad, but he wouldn't want to worry that much to them since it was done accidentally or possibly intentionally because of that demon. He tried moving, but the pain from his hooves and the transformation he used really took the toll on him.

"Aaaccck.... this will be hard to make a return", he said with a groan as fell unconscious, letting slumber take him.

TWO DAYS LATER

There was a bright light that beamed down his face. He raised his hoof to cover the portion of it to let him look around as he raised his head and back up. He was in his quarters, his body was fully recovered from the bruises and the amulet was still around his neck. He turned around to see Venang who was still sleeping and had some bandages covering up her wounds, especially at her wings which were covered up badly. He sighed in relief but also in a bit of disappointment. He almost lost her, and she shouldn't take the big pain. It should've had been him, like how it should've had been when his ex almost gave up life for him.

He got out of the bed, carefully not awaking the bat pony. As quietly as he did, he reached to the door, opened it, then went out before closing the door behind him gently. He continued trotting his way down the hallway until he reached the terrace as his stop for fresh air. As he sat down in his haunches and letting the cold wind breeze his coat, he looked up in the sky, watching them aimlessly.

His moment was interrupted as felt a presence coming at his position. He turned to see his mentor.

"Feeling good now, eh?"

"Yes, I wonder how me and Venang got out," the colt replied.

"Well, I heard that you two were being found at the terrace two days ago, me and the guards brought you two to the emergency room to have your wounds healed, especially her since it was kinda much to cover," he then pointed the amulet that Shard was wearing, "I believed that you went through a challenging adventure to get that artifact to help with your transformation."

"Yeah, I just hope it will work for me."

"I'm sure it will. Now, I suggest that you go to the training grounds to test that out."

"Okay, I'll see you later," he replied happily as he began trotting to the practice area.

AT THE TRAINING GROUNDS

This was were he will take the opportunity to test to see if his mission was worth the near-death experience. He took a deep breath before exhaling out heavily as he started making a connection of his powers to the amulet. His eyes started to glow bright gray as like an expensive light switch was turned on, Black and white fire started appearing from the ground, surrounding him like an immolation, and electrical waves were coming out from his body. As now was the time to make fusion, he screamed loudly and stomped his forehooves at the ground, causing a large earthquake to shake the ground ferociously.

The sounds from those two were so immensely strong, it caused every civilizations in Equestria to be flinched in fear and despair.

After that, the immolation, the electric waves, and the glowing of his eyes started to vanish. He tried casting one of his spells to see a new difference. First, he summoned one chunk of a glacier as his target. Then second, he cast a shard of ice from his hoof with extreme concentration, aiming to it to its target before firing. What he noticed from the sharp crystal was in a different state, like it was being tainted in corruption. The color became dark gray and there was like a whirling white form of energy around it. As it began colliding with the glacier, there was a brief moment to silence before a huge bang started to hear out like a highly explosive dynamite.

The result of the impact was the glacier, now in chunks of pieces like rock candies. He was quite impressed with the new power he had right now. The next thing he did was summoning a plain ice mirror, just enough to see his own reflection. He was shocked to see himself in his newfound form. His mane and tail were still the same, just only turned to pure light sky blue. His coat turned to gray, almost like he was now a corrupted pony. His eyes, became pure blue, though he can see, so he's not really blind. His cutiemark changed into a diamond being wrapped around black vines. Then finally, one shocking thing that really made him confused, though expressed such amazement.

Wings. Wait, he earned wings? But they were not like normal wings from a pegasus.

"I earned wings?" he said in confusion as he turned around, then looked back at the mirror to see the full of view of them, "It never said that I would gain any new parts for my body."

...

"Oh well, at least I can fly!" he shouted with happiness as he jumped in mid air, trying to activate his wings, but they did not respond to flap. So, he hit the ground with a thud, his whole body was hit flat, and said a word for regretting this first attempt without even knowing any knowledge of flying.

"Buck..."

It was then, as he got up and fixed himself and went back to his original form, he heard a laugh coming from behind. He turned around to see Venang, who somehow be able to walk even with lots of covers around her legs. He smiled as he walked straight to her and said,

"You saw that attempt, eh?" he asked as he scratched his head.

"Yeah. That's alright, I can help you if you want," the bat filly replied.

"Thanks," he said as a brief moment of silence appeared. Then embraced her as she returned as well, "I'm glad that you still live for me."

"Me too," she replied happily as she shed a single tear while closing her eyes and feeling him stroking her mane.

The two were happily holding at each other, glad that they both survived and still be with one another.

MEANWHILE

"Did you hear that, Master?" Phan Tom asked with such concern.

"Yes, I heard it, that scream. He is getting stronger."

"Should we be worried?"

"Maybe, but remember that we will not be defeated that easily. There is no way that he and his partner can beat us all," the Master replied in such serious tone.

He added, "Improve your skills, young one, you will be our greatest tool for the upcoming war against him.

Hearing those words, Phan Tom started to shiver like bits, but he understand that what must be done should be done, even if he had to fight his cousin again to the real death. He gave out his answer without hesitation,

"Yes, milord. I will be prepared for it."

"Very good, now return to your resting post. We will speak more about our special motive.

As the young draconequus nodded, he walked out of the meeting room, on the way to his private sanctuary. He was in disappointment, though, battling him again until to the last warrior left standing. He gave out a sigh as he said to himself,

"I pray that you will be ready, Eter.."