• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

The last strength... { End of Act 2 }

THE NEXT DAY

"I'm not going down that easily!" Shard smirked.

"I'm not through with you yet!" Venang smiled.

At the training grounds, they were practicing their skills together in a friendly match, if ever it would be one. They attacked one another by their respective swords as they tried to be the victor of the match. Shard dashed with a long slash, but Venang immediately reacted to the attack and dodged instantly, completely disappearing without a trace. Without hesitation, the colt slashed his sword behind him as he sensed it collided with something. He turned around to see Venang appeared behind him as she tried pushing her sword against his'.

"You have a good timing," Venang admitted, "But not enough to keep up for the next!"

At that, she disappeared again. Shard knew that it would happen again, so he inhaled and exhaled once before turning around and parried her next attack from his left. He then made an attempt to kick her chest, only to be hit from behind as he was pushed forward to collide his face with the magic wall. He got up as he turned back and dashed hastily straight to her. She dodged the attack by flying above, only to be ensnared by a mist of cold air.

"Clever," Venang snorted as she looked down at him.

"Oh, I was just warming up and all," Shard shrugged.

"Well, warm up this!"

The thestral unleashed her immolation as the mist subsided into thin air. She then lashed out at him with a swing of her sword. The colt parried it, but felt himself being pushed backwards. Her next move was conjuring fire balls, throwing them at him. He blocked them by making a shield around him. Then, he sensed a presence behind, so he turned around and tried to parry, but he felt a burning sensation his chest. He looked at his chest to see a hoof pressing against it with fire. He looked back up to see Venang the one did the punch. The shield disappeared as silence occurred.

"Looks like I win," Venang smiled.

It was then, it turned out to be the biggest mistake of her life. Dark tendrils appeared from his chest. Some of them were forming around on Venang's hoof as she cringed of what would happen next. The tendrils pushed her back with extreme force. She managed to get on balance, but looked to see Shard being covered by the dark tendrils. After a brief moment, the tendrils turned into a dark mist, revealing him. He was changed into his archon form. His eyes were glowing brightly blue as there were traces of flame coming out from them like Sombra's. Strange, the chest plating that he had last night from his previous transformation was no longer there, possibly the armor became now a part of him permanently. His face became an expression of confidence with a smirk.

"Uh, Shard?" Venang cringed, "Are you alright?"

...

"You're kinda scaring me right now."

...

"Uh, are you yourself?" Venang took a step back.

The colt disappeared instantly as he appeared behind her without a mere second. She felt the pressure of fear building up as he looked at her with unmovable eyes. Gulping, she tried to move, but felt froze as he stroked her mane with a hoof, chuckling by the look on her face.

"Getting afraid now, eh?" Shard asked.

"I thought you would go berserk," Venang shrugged

"And I thought you would go finish me off," Shard chuckled.

"So, does this means we continue the practice?"

"Well, there's still no victor yet," Shard pointed.

"Then let's go!" Venang declared.

ONE HOUR LATER

Their battle was intense at they keep fighting until one of them would get the upper hoof. They kept fighting as they appeared from different directions with blinding speed. Venang managed to keep up her agility, but was soon to be in par with Shard's transformation as he reacted at every move she made when dodging his attacks. Both of them used their signature abilities while dueling through their respective blades. No matter how long the battle was, they still fought for the win as they kept up in combat.

They did not lose focus, not even a mere moment as they continued battling. After few minutes had passed, they stopped for a moment to get air after an hour of non stop attack. They were equal in almost everything as neither of them ever received such damage, not even through physical means like punching or kicking. They had no choice but to do one thing..

They would use the extension of their powers through using their life essence.

"By the undying strength of the inferno, where there is an infinite light, give me the power of the blazing goddess!" Venang chanted.

Her sword was starting to glow brightly as green fire started to cover it purely.

"In the realm of pure darkness, revealing the cursed legend of old, provide me your soul in bringing redemption of my last life!" Shard bellowed.

His blade was sharpened and a light blue mist was formed around it. His eyes were glowing into light sky blue.

Their special abilities proved to be quite efficient, though they took the risk very seriously. They charged against one another as they roared with ferocity like the loss of self-control when releasing such power that may be their undoing. Getting close now, closer until there was a sound of...

BANG!

Their swords finally collided, showing all what they got to find out who would be the victor. The collided energies were so strong that their swords created a circular mist around the two. Gritting, they continued giving out their strength until their blades formed a blinding light was appearing from them. It covered the scene, making unaware of what happened next. The result of their attack created a giant smoke and such sound that could be heard from very distant places, even outside of Equestria.

TWO HOURS LATER

"They're waking up!"

Hearing that voice, Shard opened his eyes to see that he's in the quarters. He looked to see his mother, the mentor, and Venang's parents. He looked at his left to see Venang who also woke up at the other bed.

"Thank goodness, you two are alright," Lucra sighed.

"Our precious daughter," Venang's father embraced her, "We thought you died."

"I'm okay, dada," Venang wheezed, "I can take this pain."

"What happened?" Shard asked.

"Based from what you two did, the collision created a massive surge of magic that it almost destroyed the area. It also destroyed the barrier that I created," the mentor explained.

"Oh, sorry about that," Venang shrugged.

"No need, I can always create another," the mentor smiled.

"What you and Venang did was seriously critical," Lucra declared, "Using a portion of your own life force to create such a boost to your power was out of the question."

"I just wanted to try that spell," Shard frowned.

"Well, I made that ability for a reserved purpose," Lucra pointed, "Only use it when no other options left in battle."

"You two are strong," Venang's mother admitted, "But, keep in mind to use your powers in a moderate level."

"Please don't try to risk yourself in dying because of your doing, understand?"

"Yes, dada, I'll keep that in mind," Venang nodded.

''Later, we'll be departing to get ready," Lucra declared, "For now, rellax for the time being, we'll carry you two to the ship when we're ready."

"Can I please be in the other bed with him?" Venang asked.

"Sure," Venang's father picked her up and placed her beside him.

"Get some rest for now," Lucra ordered.

"Okay," the duo nodded in unison.

At that, they left the room, giving the kids the time alone.

"I guess we overdid it too much, eh?"

"Yeah, my body hurts like I was squashed," Venang groaned.

"Sorry that I pushed you too hard," Shard nodded.

"We're at fault together, Shard," Venang pointed, "We just wanted to win the game."

"Well, at least there's a reward for our effort in showing our true powers."

"And what would that be?"

"This," Shard nuzzled his muzzle at her's.

The filly giggled as she moved closer to his side and wrapped a wing around him before kissing at his cheek.

"I love you, Shard," Venang smiled.

"And I love you, Venang," Shard beamed.

The two went to sleep afterwards, wrapping at each other's embrace. It was a hectic event that they made. Neither of them won the match, but for the very least, they had proven themselves to be ready for the battle. Their powers were very formidable that they could handle it without any worries. This could be it for them, never going back as they readied themselves the time of their lives. They may never know of what would be their fate after, but they didn't care about it anymore because they had each other to fight for the ultimate ending of their chapter.

This would be their finale as they determined to make their last mark in their history.

END OF ACT 2

Author's Note:

This is the end of Act 2. Act 3 will be in progress soon. I decided to move the bonus chapters into a new story that I'll be making in the future.

THANKS FOR READING