• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

Forgiveness: Complications

The next day at Canterlot...

Shard returned to finally forgive his cousin after the damages that he had done before. Although it would be painful to see him again after the years that went by, he still would be a loving relative no matter how different he may be from today until like eternity. He went straight down to the castle's basement as he saw a sign saying: HIGH LEVEL MAGIC BLOCK. He saw nopony guarding the entrance even for each the magic stasis cells, but he didn't care since he only needed to see him just to be done with. What he saw inside were criminal unicorns, failed experiments, and spirit creatures. The prisoners looked at him as he continued walking forward, some begging him to set them free while others hit the barriers. He continued walking as he saw one cell that was covered with electric coils and runic symbols and the creature sitting with his face looking down in shame.

He knew it was him.

Phan Tom looked up to see his cousin standing just in front of him. He stand in all fours and said to him,

"Cousin?" the young draconequus asked.

He didn't reply. There was only silence.

"I'm guessing that you're still mad at me."

Shard didn't reply once again. Instead, he moved one step back as his eyes turned to pure black with a demonic symbol as for each of his pupil. He raised his left foreleg upward in which the next thing happened was a form of white blight energy. It turned into an orb with it's center had symbol just the same as his pupils. He finally collided the orb with the stasis cell in which cause a spark of energy that of similar to an electric fuse. The energy waves then disappeared as the barrier was removed leaving an open space, signifying that he was finally free.

Despite the thought of guilt, Phan Tom was very suprised that his cousin would ever release him. That kind of power was very rare as it was only known to be a combination of light and dark energy that no one could ever done. He knew that his cousin was getting more stronger because of his talent. Still, he wouldn't believe that Shard would release him from his imprisonment. He had a thought that maybe he would finally forgive him or even worse.

The creature then asked him, "Why? Why are you letting me free?"

"I would never be mad at you forever, Phan Tom, even after all the things you had done," the colt replied with a smile as his eyes returned to normal.

"Does that means you forgive me? After what I did to you? The betrayal and your somepony?"

"Yeah, I forgive you for real. No jokes. It's the truth," the earth pony said as he hugged him with tears coming out from his eyes.

Phan Tom had nothing else to say, instead, he returned the favor. After a while, Shard then broke the hug and said to him, "Come on, let's go outside."

As they reached outside where the sun shined the land, Phan Tom felt the freedom that he had lost after those years of shame and guilt. The two sat on the terraces as they watched the view of the mass land like it's a scenery. After a while, Shard got up and finally said to his cousin,"You are free to go back," he said as he pointed out the view for him. "You need not to know why, but you always know that I will be your friend no matter how different that we can be on the sides between us."

"Shard, don't you ever thought this through? I mean, why would you let me go?" the draconequus asked.

"You still have a life that is worth living, you have to make the best out of it since you may not do it for a second time. Tell them that I freed you and I will be ready to battle them."

"Cousin..."

Shard placed a hoof at his shoulder while saying,"Someday, Phan Tom, we will meet again and that day will be the time where one of us will fall for the bitter end."

"I... I don't know what to say... Okay, I will see you soon, Shard Vine. May your countless days guide you for the battle of your life." Phan Tom said before spreading his wings then flew off.

Shard was happy now that he had forgiven his relative. He knew that he would face him again for the last time. Shard would prepare for that as well since he knew that he would either fail and die with pride and honor or succeed and eliminate to make history for Equestria.

Three hours later...

At the Carousel Boutique

Shard went there to ask for help for his one hard issue that he had been dreaming for past few months. He had a thought of whether to forget everything that he had before then move on with his life since he couldn't change the fact that she loved somepony better than him. Every time, he felt his heart pumping like exerting pressure of air in a gas can. Would he do it? The answer would just be on his decision.

He knocked on the door, waiting for somepony to answer. Possibly Sweetie Belle or her big sister, a mare with a curved blue mane and tail, a cutie mark of three diamonds, and known to be the element of generosity. As the front door opened, he saw the pony that he could asked for: Rarity.

"Why hello there, Shard, are you here to see Sweetie Belle?" Rarity asked.

"No, just need some help. Kinda need of advice somesort," the colt replied.

"Okay then, darling, come inside and take a sit at the couch." She said as Shard entered.

Five minutes later...

"So, Shard, what kind of issue that bothered you?"

"Its... about Apple Bloom. I lost my love for her," he said with his face looking down.

"Why? What happened, darling?"

"Ever since we moved to high school, there was this colt that took her heart, she immediately fell in love with him for the first two months. As time goes by, she had been blabbering about that young stallion and ignored me like I was never there anymore. I had to move out since it looked like she no longer cared for me."

"My goodness. I never heard of such heartbreaking reason like that," the mare said.

"What should I do, Rarity? This had been bugging me for so long now."

"Well, darling, I would suggest that you move on and forget that thing. I am not sure if she will ever go back to you, but just to be sure if that ever happens, forgive her apology for her ignorance. For now, just continue on and don't look back. Sooner or later, she might come back."

"Thank you, Rarity. I appreciate it."

"Your welcome, darling," she replied as she ruffled his mane, "Just think things differently and you will be fine."

After that, Rarity went to her room, doing the same thing as what fashionistas do.

Shard was then alone, feeling motionless around his body as he tried to understand the meaning of moving on. He felt that moving on was like the time he lost his parents as losing a family, then being asked by a pony to join her's. It was so confusing that he could even feel the world spinning around him. As he was about to decide, the front door opened, only to see Sweetie Belle who came back from her long singing practice. Shard remembered her practicing in such sweet talent that it would make him cry for like until a decade's pass. She saw him and said,

"Hi there, Shard. What are you doing here?"

"Just visiting. You know I hardly visited any ponies' residence," he replied.

"Yeah. Anyway, are you gonna attend the orientation later?" she asked.

"Let me guess, the dance thingy?"

She nodded.

"No, its not needed anyway."

"Me too, just a waste of time. But hey, are you free for tomorrow?" she asked as she was getting something from her saddlebag.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"See this poster? There will be a play that will be coming out on school tomorrow. I already asked one reserved seat. I tried to ask Scootaloo, but she said it was too romantic for her and Rumble while for Apple Bloom, she already had one with another for his colt, you know. The one that you really hate," she added with a sigh.

That name. He knew that it was always that pony that the earth filly loved. Always together like forever.

"Okay then, so who are you gonna ask?"

The teenage filly just giggled and said, "Isn't it obvious, Shard? Its you," she replied as she pointed her hoof to him. "You wanna go?"

Shard had a thoughtful expression when it comes to her. In his opinion, she was very beautiful, smart, and talented. Although she was not the one for him, she was still known to be an inspiration to him like an angel that came down to give him a gift. Unlike Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle is more caring and loving to him that she wanted no other colts but him. The only thing problem that prevented that chance was that he loved the earth pony first. But now, her chance of what she like needed finally became true. He took a deep breath as he gave her the answer,

"Sure. Mind if I sleep with you this night?" he said.

"Yeah. And uh... thanks for the accept," she replied as she gave him a kiss while having her cheeks blushed light red. The two then walked upstairs then onto the room to rest for tomorrow.

MEANWHILE

"I cannot believe it. He let you walked out without any follow ups?" The Master said.

"Yes, Master. I never thought he would done that after five years of my imprisonment..." Phan Tom replied.

"I see. Then we should train further. I fear he may not battle alone."

"He will not, Master. He has a companion. A bat pony to be exact," he said as he showed to him a picture of her.

"No matter, we can still defeat them by any means. Now, the time has come for you to be part of my circle."

"I am honored for it, Master. Bound by blood." Phan Tom replied as he followed him to the ritual.

TO BE CONTINUED