• Published 1st May 2014
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Endless - BloomingStar



: A sequel for ‘Not Alone in Life, But alone in the Darkness’ in which takes place in three years.

  • ...
5
 5
 710

Searching an old to the new ( Part 1 )

One week later...

Ponyville High School

Shard had went to the library just to keep his mind off from what had happened. He looked to see a sign at the far end corner saying: 'Ancient History Section'. He ventured there to see what there was. Just plain books, but he noticed one that was very different from the others. A book that was somehow old because it had some parts torn and dusty like its from the middle ages. Curious about it, he grabbed it from the shelf and sat on a nearby chair.

When he flipped one page, he noticed the title was blurred out, so he used a pencil to try retracing it. After a successful doing, he was able to get the good view of the title. It said: "Ancient Draconequus Relics". It was very suprising to him since he had a thought that maybe any of the artifacts could be of help to him. He then flipped to the next page, then onto another, then another again.

It had been a hour of his searching of something valuable to him. He stopped to see a page with an image that looked so interesting to him. It was a talisman with its disc that had a symbol that looked exactly the same as his eyes when in his metamorphosis. He looked through its description to understand its concept. The amulet was known for an archon transformation. It also said that if a draconequus already had one transformation, the archon form will fuse with the current one and will ease the control process and his/her inner demon, giving the draconequus free will to transform at any time. With that kind of artifact, he could handle his form anytime without any worries.

He wanted to known the location of the artifact, so he looked down further to see what else that had been written. It said that the ancestor's placed in an ancient temple in Saddle Arabia. He hoped that it would still be there. Secretly, he gently tore up the page without anypony noticing since he could be in really big trouble. He placed it in the bag, returned the book to the shelf, then casually walked out of the library, hoping nopony saw him stealing.

One hour later at the park...

The young colt continued walking until he sat on a bench, looking again at the paper. He had a thought that if ever would be worth enough for his cause. But was it really needed? Probably so, he just needed the strength to carry on. He just needed the power to be strong enough to fight against all of them. The determination clouded his mind with only that thing. He wondered what would he do after getting it? He could just absorb some of its energy enough for the stability of his powers. Should he find another aritfact? Those questions whirled around his mind as he tried to think the best answer for all. It would have had been a good time, until an interruption appeared.

"Shard?" said a female voice.

He flinched as he shook his head to return his mind to reality. Was he thinking while his eyes were open? How long was he out? He turned his head to his right to see Sweetie Belle who was sitting beside him.

"Oh Sweetie Belle, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I was here for like thirty minutes. You were sitting still and talking to yourself," she replied with a worried look.

"Oh, I see. Well, its just that I found this page from a book that could help me in my metamorphosis," he then showed the page to her.

"Will this really help?"

"We may never know," he replied, "I'm going to Saddle Arabia since that's where the temple should be and I hoped it would still be there. I'll leave later by five in the afternoon."

"Do you really have to go?" she asked with a sigh as her ears drooped.

Shard tried to find the courage to say something next since he couldn't see her being down when he had to undertake dire situations. He took a deep breath and said,

"I'm sorry, Belle. I have to do this in the early time since they may attack soon and I could not have enough to battle. I will be back, okay? Remember that I'm doing this for you," he said as placed his right hoof around her neck.

"Okay. I'll wait for you," she replied with a weak smile as she leaned at his shoulder.

Later at the train station...

Shard waited for the train to come by as he sat on the nearby bench. He finally had a thought for the answer that whenever he wanted more power, he will always find more. He understand of the responsibility of powers that he can gather from time to time, but he had to do it since he believed that it was the only way to prevent number of casualties. As the train arrived, he checked his saddlebag to make sure that he had everything settled for his journey. He then entered the train as it began to move.

Three hours later...

Still in the train as nightfall started, the colt looked out at window to see such view of the landscape. Peaceful time for him since he wanted a moment of no disturbance or any annoying stuffs that would ruin his peace. But it wasn't a good time for him to relax as he heard a sneeze coming from behind. He turned his head to look nopony else except one that was in a jacket with his/her head covered by its hoodie. That sound of the sneeze seemed familar to him, he heard that before, but couldn't get the exact answer. Really getting suspicious right now, he summoned a shadow to the floor, then ordered to set its direction to that pony. Slowly, it moved without getting that other pony's attention.

As it now waited under the chair, Shard raised his left hoof, commanding it to hold his target, and it worked without any restraints. He got up from his seat and walked straight to the hooded pony. He removed the hood that was covering the face only to get shocked, but not like in suprise.

"Venang?" he asked in a confused tone.

"Uhhhh..... Hi there, Shard?" she nervously said.

"What are you doing here? You knew that I would go to Saddle Arabia?" he questioned as he commanded the shadow to release its grip, then he vanished his summon,

"Yeah, Sweetie Belle told me a few hours ago and I felt like I can't let you do this alone," she answered.

Shard's only response was a sigh and a facehoof.

"Come on, Shard. We're partners, we need to stick together. That's what partners and friends do, right?" she pleaded with her eyes being wide like a puppy's.

The teenaged colt gave out a chuckle and said, "Well, I can't judge that. And it is true. Alright then, just stay close to me, okay."

The bat filly squee in delight.

"By the way, can I sit next to you?" she added as the colt was about to get back to his seat.

He turned his head to her and said with a smile, "Yeah, I'm okay with it."

One hour later...

It was ten in the evening and the two that were very tired, but still awake. Venang was about to get her eyes closed for her so called beauty sleep while Shard still looked out at the window just looking at the trees passing by. The bat filly had been thinking, being his partner for the unexpected battle and her best friend for so, well, not really the only best but she considered her as number one. She had a thought of like a being in relationship with him even he had loved with somepony. He was very kind and caring in her opinion and she believed that he would take two for 'Hearts and Hooves Day', though, she wouldn't wanted it to be if he never liked it. Still in silence, she decided to break it by asking him,

"Shard."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Do you like me?"

Shard gave out a little laugh, "Hehe, of course I do. Its what friends do."

"No, I mean 'like'. You know, you like me as you love me more than just a friend," she said as she leaned closer to him and placed her head at his shoulder.

This got him really in a complicated, yet easy situation. Sure he loved her, but also Sweetie Belle. He couldn't decide for one pony since both of them were cute, friendly, and beautiful like they were risen from Tartarus. He took a deep breath as he gave her the answer through the hear,

"If you want to put it that way, yes. I love you and Sweetie Belle. And at the same time, I always want to enjoy Hearts and Hooves Day with you two. I don't want you both to fight for whoever gets me, since I can't take much of seeing the pain from you two. And also, even if I had to see other beautiful young mares that can take my attention and may have me be in love with them, always remember that I still love you," he explained with a mannered smile.

The teenaged filly then blushed of what he said, twice the love, he might be serious or just really crazy for her and Sweetie Belle. Nevertheless, she was very happy that he would love her and never leave her.

She then gave him a kiss on the cheek as she drifted off to sleep while whispering, "Thank you."

The young colt responded by going placing his hoof around her shoulder, keeping her stay close to his side.After a while, he went off to a good slumber.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Next chapter coming soon.