• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,629 Views, 36 Comments

Heart Without a Beat - BronzeUnicorn



White Mark has been on his own for as long as he can remember. There wasn't a pony in Equestria that had cared for him at all. But all that would change soon.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,629

Exclusion

Author's Note:

Sorry I had to split one day into two chapters. I kinda wanna stay in between a 1,000 to 3,000 word range, so that wouldn't have been possible with this day. Plus, it was very late and I needed sleep. Also,I know this chapter is a bit short and rushed, but I just wanted to set it up for the next chapter. It'll probably end up being the longest! Anyway, here's the second part of the day! Enjoy!

Well, this day had started off good. Now, however, it was going in a downward spiral. It really seemed that things were looking up for poor White Mark. He even made a new friend! He kept looking around at the young fillies and colts surrounding him. He had already noticed the way some of them had parted to let somepony pass. To his dismay, it was the filly who called out to him.

"Looks like we have ourselves an outcast!" The pink Earth pony with a purple and white mane said as she stood in front of the ponies who had parted for her. Another Earth pony filly stood beside and a little behind her. She had a dark grey coat and a light silver braided mane. She didn't look like she wanted to talk, she only smirked as the pink filly continued.

"What do you think you're doing on my playground, pest?" She demanded, soundingangry and a bit stressed.

"I-I'm n-new in town a-and I was j-just looking to m-make some f-fri-" The colt began, his voice shaking as his anxiety began rising.

"Friends?! Who would ever want to be friends with an unwanted, piece of horseapples like you?!" She demanded rushing foward and pushing the colt into the dirt. There was an audible thud followed by the sound of rining metal. White Mark immediately felt dazed as he lost his balance and falling back onto the ground. He felt something warm trickling down the back of his head, but that was the least of his concerns.

"Ponies, like you, don't belong here! They belong somewhere else, way far away from us normal ponies!" The pink filly walked closer and used her right hindleg to kick him in the stomach. He immediately wrenched and gripped it, yelping when the next kcik hit him square in the nose. It immediately started to bleed, causing some to go in his mouth, making him spit and cough.

"You don't even deserve a chance to be normal. You're even a blank flank! Look at you! You're pathetic and useless. Just an unwanted, uncared for, piece of horseapples just waiting to be torn apart by timber wolves." She now glared at the sputtering colt, now lay crying and sobbing before her eyes. Without hesitation, she looked at his slightly misshapen leg and slammed her hoof down on it, breaking it instantly. He immediately howled in pain, alerting a certain alicorn to what she had missed.

The colt slowly brought himslef to his remaining, uninjured hooves and ran as fast as they could carry him. Seeing the colt go, three fillies stood up and ran toward the scene, a very peeved Princess following closely behind. "What just happened here?!" She asked upon arriving, seeing the blood on the ground.

"Isn't it obvious? I just saved you a lot of time, Princess!" The pink filly said, sounding as innocent as possible.

"How was that savin' anypony time? Ya just hurt a poor defenseless colt and sent him a runnin'!" The yellow filly shouted, clearly angry from the display.

"You did that, Diamond Tiara? If you think that was worth anything, then you are clearly mistaken! You are going straight to your father's and you are going to explain what you just did! I'll even notify the Princess about that behavior! The rest of you, go home now and think about what you just did! You just let an innocent colt be njured without so much as peep from you!" All the colts and fillies shrank back at that and left without hesitation. "As for you three, get the girls together! We have to find him!" The three nodded and raced off in the directions that would lead them to the others, while the lavender alicorn took the filly to face her father.


He knew it wasn't true. All along, somewhere deep down, he just knew that it was too good to be true. Somepony loving him? It was always impossible. Then what was he feeling right now? Whatever it was, it made him feel worse on the inside than he is on the outside. He shook his head and kept running, crying out his pain with every bit of pressure on his broken leg. He had been running for more than half an hour by now at least. Hopefully, they wouldn't bother looking for him.

Letting the tears flow freely, he began to think of Princess Twilight and how affectionate she'd been, how she had helped him these past few weeks. Was it right to run away from her? Did she deserve this? The answer is no because she had no part in his pain. Well, except that she had brought him to the park in the first place, but she couldn't have known this would happen.

A sudden thought popped into his head a moment later, making him chuckle despite the pain. The only way the lavender mare could've know this would happen was if she was a fortune teller. He laughed out loud a moment later, thinking of her wearing a turbin. If he'd get to see her again, he'd have to get her to put one on, just to see how it'd really look.

He frown for a moment. Would he see her again? He didn't think so. She probably thought he was a weakling for getting beat up by a filly, if she was watching. Although, the way she seemed to care for him would suggest otherwise. She, most likely, didn't see the conflict and found out when she came back from whatever she was doing. Now that he thought about it, he thought he heard her yelling behind him. It sounded angry, so, at the time, it only seemed to push him to go further away.

What if she was yelling at the filly who hurt him? What if she gathering a search party, right now, to search for him? What if it really was true? What if she really did love him? Shaking his head, he rubbed his temples for a moment. A huge migraine took over his mind, probably from the head trauma. He knew he couldn't go to sleep, that would be an extremely bad idea! Feeling his eyelids grow heavy, he knew he needed to think of something fast!

He looked around for a moment, grunting iritately upon seeing nothing to keep himself awake. Thinking back, he thought of the spell that Dinky had tought him. Gasping, he lit his horn, light immediately shooting from it and forming a bright ball in front of him. He smiled as his eyes bruned slightly from staring at it. Hopefully, if Twilight was really looking for him, she'd find him being exhaustion hit...


"Alright! We need to find him fast! Judging by how much blood was on the ground, we haven't got much time! He is badly injured and needs medical attention as soon as possible! So, whoever finds him, take him immediately to the hospital! After he's in, take the spell sheet I have given to you and fire it in the air, so we all know he's safe! Everypony got that?" Twilight asked, sounding frantic and really stressed. Everypony in the room nodded.

"Okay. Rainbow Dash, you fly over all of Ponyville and any surrounding forrest to try and spot him! Applejack, you and Pinkie Pie search through town, see if anypony has seen him. Rarity and Fluttershy, check near the Everfree and around the other forrests, he likes to hide, Cutie Mark Crusadeers, stay here in case he comes back, and finally I will write a letter to the Princess about this, then fly around Sweet Apple Acres and its surroundings. Everypony know their assignments?!" She asekd, taking a much needed breath. A chorus of "Yes, Ma'am"'s sounded with salutes. "Alright, everypony! Move out!" With that, everypony set out to their assignments in finding the colt. All of them praying to Celestia that he would be safe and back in their hooves as soon as possible.