• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,631 Views, 36 Comments

Heart Without a Beat - BronzeUnicorn



White Mark has been on his own for as long as he can remember. There wasn't a pony in Equestria that had cared for him at all. But all that would change soon.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,631

4th of July Special

"So, anypony know why we were brought up here?" Applejack asked as she trotted up the hill to her friends, three exstatic fillies following closely behind.

"Twilight said that she had a special surprise for us." Fluttershy said, glancing at the orange mare as she took her spot on the blanket next to an excited cyan pegasus.

"It better be good, if she asked us to come all the way out here in this chilly air. This can be murder on a mare's fur!" An irritated, white unicorn stated, putting her foreleg to her forehead for dramatic effect.

"Oh, give it a rest, Rarity! I'm telling you, its going to be totally awesome!" The rainbow mare was practically vibrating with enthusiasm.

"What's gotten you all excited?" Applejack asked, giving her cyan friend an inquizitive look.

"Nothing! Its just that its a little cold out here, is all." The pegasus recovered, faking a shiver for effect.

"So, would mah body heat be enough ta keep ya warm?" The orange mare asked, scooting close to the mare. Sparks erupted wherever skin touched skin, making said mare shiver and blush heavily. Applejack just smirked and laid her head on the cyan mare's shoulder. Rainbow Dash said nothing as she lay her own head against her friends, smiling softly to herself.

The display of affection went unnoticed by the other ponies as they were minding their own business. Fluttershy and Rarity were talking about their spa day coming up, Pinkie Pie was, for some reason or another, eating some kind of sweet she had brought with her, and the CMC were chatting amongst themselves.

"What'd'ya think Twilight's got planned for t'night?" Applebloom asked.

"I don't know, but I think White Mark said him and Twilight had been working on this surprise for a while. It has to be good, if two powerful magic users are making it." Scootaloo said, smiling towards the end.

"Speaking of White Mark, where is he? I haven't seen him all day." Sweeite Belle asked, sounding a bit worried.

"I'm sure he was just with Twilight. Probably workin' on whatever the surprise is." As if on cue, the young colt and said alicorn trotted up to the rest of them. Both seemed immensely happy about something because neither could hide the eager smiles on their faces.

"See, Sweetie? I told ya he was with Twilight." Applebloom said, making the fily blush as the white colt turned to her and walking to her.

"You were worried about me?" He asked, smiling when he recieved a nod. "That was very kind of you, but I'm pretty sure the Alicorn of Magic could protect me, if needed." White Mark smirked as he took a seat in between Sweetie and Applebloom, making her blush even more.

"Alright, everypony!" Twilight began, clearing her throat to get their attention. "As you know, White Mark and I have been working on something special for you all. Its taken the better part of a few weeks, but we are proud to announce it's finally finished and that we are testing it tonight. We both have worked very hard, so we hope you will all enjoy it and the show." Everypony looked confused at her wording, but all went silent as the alicorn's lit, making the group turn purple from the glowing appendage.

Everypony gasped as a light explosion sounded in the distance and a very colorful light show appeared before their eyes. A few more were shot off, making more lights and colors appear and disappear, everypony cooing from the beautiful display. As the show continued, two mares had scooted closer to each other, sharing nuzzles and warmth under the lights and sounds above them. A certain white filly scooted closer to White Mark, laying her head on his shoulder and smiling and giggling at his blushing before returning to the show.

'Ooos' and 'Ahhs' sounded as the show finished with the brightest colors and lights, followed by the biggest 'BOOM' any of them had ever heard. Everypony congratulated the two creators on a job well done. They, then, began to explain the machine that now set in front of them, it was made to produce explosions of light that Twilight liked to call, "Lightsplosions". Everypony laughed at that before heading home, thanking them for a great night.

It was easy to note how close a certain couple had become. Rainbow Dash actually followed Applejack home, giving the orange mare a sweet kiss when she thought nopony was looking. Things had been looking up for the two of them recently. As for a very young couple, Sweeite Belle had fallen asleep with White Mark, her head still laying on his shoulder and his own head resting gently on her neck. Before saying goodnight for the final time, the young filly placed a kiss on his cheek before following a smug-looking Rarity home.

The night had gone as expected for Twilight and White Mark. They were happy that everypony enjoyed their show and even more so that two of their friends left with each other, giving the impression that they were finally together. Twilight had also congratuated the young colt on getting a kiss from Sweetie, but he just shrugged it off, feeling a bit embarrassed. Now, however, he was laying in his bed, completely content and ready for the land of dreams to let him into its welcoming embrace.

Author's Note:

Here's the special chapter I promised! I recently found out that they don't have a holiday for this day, go figure. I just had to improvise. I realize that it was short and kind of rushed, but it was just to show some possible pairings in future chapters. Anyway, chapter 10 will be up soon or when I can find time to work on it. Darn writers block! With that said, enjoy the chapter!