• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 6,018 Views, 151 Comments

Puny Purple Pony: From Padded to Proud - Autum Breeze



Twilight tries to redo her experiment with portals to other worlds. An accident was bound to happen

  • ...
50
 151
 6,018

Chapter 5 - New World, New Friends

Chapter 5

New World, New Friends

___________________________________________________________

“I have to keep weawing diapews?!” Twilight gasped, her eyes wide, her inner self moaning at her foal-sounding talk.

Fresh sighed, nodding.

It was less than two minutes since the reunion had ended and she and Twilight were sitting in the living room.

Pitchfork had just gone upstairs to changed Apple Bloom’s diaper, leaving his wife to break the news to their adopted daughter.

“Twilight,” she said, taking on a caring, parenting tone, “Apple Bloom’s in diapers and, as far as she knows, yer a foal jus’ like her. If she sees ya’ll not wearing diapers, she’ll think she don’t have ta either. S’long as she’s here, ya’ll will have to play a foal in the wearin’ diapers until we can convice her it’s alright ya’ll ain’t wearin’ while she is.”

Twilight sighed, grumbling under her breath. Fresh was right. She had forgotten that, if Apple Bloom was staying with them, she’d have to keep up the foal act a bit more, even when not out. Aka, she’d have to keep wearin’ diapers.

“Can we at weast make it seem wike I’wm potty twaining?”

Fresh smiled and nodded. “Ah don’t see why not. In fact, it might make her try too.”

After Pitch returned with a freshly changed Apple Bloom, a small dinner was had. A small salad for Twilight and her host parents and a bottle for Apple Bloom.

She made it obvious she wanted to eat what Twilight was eating' but, as soon as she tried, she spat it out again, her face scrunched up.

This elected giggles from the other three, which she thought meant something funny had happened, so she joined in.

When dinner was finished, Fresh gave Twilight and Apple Bloom a bath. Well, she gave Apple Bloom a bath, while Twilight bathed herself.

With bath complete, Twilight and Apple Bloom were put into snuggy pajamas (Twilight’s being the ones she’d been given her first day in this world, Apple Bloom’s being yellow with apple patterns), lain down in the crib and left to go to sleep, Fresh turning the light off, wishing the two of them a goodnight.

Apple Bloom yawned, curled up next to Twilight and went to sleep.

Twilight closed her eyes, but didn’t go to sleep right away, her mind too active to sleep just yet.

With Apple Bloom around, she wouldn’t be able to act completely normal anymore. She would have to play the part of a foal more than before, but she at least could act older than her size would suggest.

Letting her thoughts wander over how tomorrow she’d start her “potty training” she fell to sleep, curled up next to her new “cousin”.

___________________________________________________________

Queen Emaryalis looked down as she neared the town of Ponyville, her pure white coat and blue mane shining in the sunlight.

She had been on friendly terms with this town and while it lacked the sophistication of Canterlot, it was a crucial part of the economy of her kingdom, so visiting it and seeing how things were going every so often was to help boast their confidence in their own small town.

In the town square there was a large gathering of ponies, unicorn, pegasi and Earth Pony alike.

It still amazed Emaryalis that this town had managed to find a way that so many of each race of pony could live together without as many problem as she always had to deal with in Canterlot. Any time a none unicorn made even the smallest of a name for themselves she always had to deal with the nobles claiming they must be using some kind of dark magic and that such a deed should be punished.

In truth, she enjoyed these visits to Ponyville, for the ponies here respected her enough not to whine like the foals her nobles clearly were.

She landed and was greeted with a loud roar of applause.

Mayor Mare stepped forward and bowed. “Your Highness, thank you for honouring us with this visit.”

The queen shook her head. “It is my pleasure, Mayor. To be honest, I feel a change of scenery for a day will do me some good.”

The Mayor then led the queen around, showing her the progress being made throughout the town.

While their advances magical-technology wise was still far from Canterlot’s, they had a few new pieces of technological influence.

She found it amusing that they finally had devices like CD players in stores now, something that hadn’t been there the last time she’d come for a visit.

The new bakery was doing well, as were the newlywed couple running it, whom offered her a few pastries, which she gladly accepted. In the palace, she had to hide it whenever she wanted to indulge in any time of confection and always had to show restraint at any function that served such treats.

It was a pretty relaxing time, if she was honest. A well earned respite from her usually arduous days running the kingdom.
As she was leaving the bakery, she glanced to her right and noticed the town’s apple farmers, the mare of whom was wearing a foal carrier containing two small foals, and Earth Pony and a unicorn Pegasus.
Her glance moved away, then shot right back.

She had assumed she’d seen things. She looked closer and her eyes widened. The unicorn foal... wasn’t a unicorn. It had wings.

But, unicorn’s don’t have wings and pegasi don’t have horns. But, that meant...

She moved towards them, trying to seem as casual as possible, though her pace was a little faster than it had been several seconds ago.

As she neared, she noticed a slight look of worry cross over the two farmers and the small winged and horned foal.

Queen Emaryalis stopped in front of them, frowning at the small foal, who cowered under her gaze.

She looked to the farmers. “Who is this foal?” She tried to keep her voice even, though could swear a tiny bit of tension could be heard in it.

The mare, Fresh Veggies was her name if the queen remembered right, looked very nervous. “Sh-she’s our daughter, Twilight Sparkle.”

The queen raised an eyebrow. “Twilight Sparkle? Why is that the name you gave her?”

The stallion, Pitchfork shook a little. “W-we found her on our doorstep in the hours of twilight and since she entered our lives they seem to sparkle.”

It was a flimsy story at best if she had to say so, but she knew the Apple Family weren’t known for being liars. However, that still left something about their story that was worrying.

“You said you found her,” she glanced at the foal, who used her wings to hide her face. “Where did you find her?”

Fresh Veggies looked away. “We found her on our doorstep, her mane dishevelled, sitting in a puddle of her own pee.”

Emaryalis gave an inward sigh, if only a small one.

While she was still worried by this foal, for, if she was right, this was a legendary alicorn, the beings that ruled the land before her family took the throne. However, if it was abandoned on the doorstep of a farm couple, maybe she didn’t need to worry.

She tried to give a convincing smile. “She is very cute. I hope you enjoy your lives with her.”

With that she headed away, leaving them to do as they may as she returned to her Sky Chariot and it took off, heading back to her palace in Canterlot.

Though the alicorn was merely a foal, she was an alicorn, none the less. She needed to be wary of this Twilight Sparkle. Though it was unlikely, there was still a chance that she had been sent to overthrow her.

___________________________________________________________

Celestia stirred, slowly opening her eyes.

She was lying on the floor in Twilight's room.

It had been five days since Twilight had been lost in the other world. Five days for Celestia at least. For Twilight, it had been five years. Celestia could only hope Twilight had found the ponies she’d first arrived with before and that they were keeping her safe.

Spike had been staying with Rarity, not wanting to be in the castle without Twilight, not knowing when or even if she’d be able to come back.

Even when the time-seal ended, there was no telling what Twilight will have gone through within her last sixteen years. There was even a chance... she might not be around anymore.

“Celestia, please? Can’t you let me out now?”

The alicorn glared at the stone statue standing in the corner, in a position of trying to run away.

“Not until Twilight is back, safe and sound, Discord,” she said coldly.

“Celestia, please?” Discord begged, his powers allowing his voice to be heard, even though his mouth was incapable of moving right now.

Celestia scowled. “Maybe next time, you will think twice about trapping one of my little ponies in another world!”

___________________________________________________________

“Class,” Miss Cheerilee said, getting the students attention. “We have two new students joining us today.” She indicated to the yellow and purple fillies standing by her desk. “These are Apple Bloom and Twilight Sparkle. Girls, would you like to say hello?”

Twilight nodded her head, indicating Apple Bloom to go first.

It had been five years since Twilight had come to the world of the Big Ponies.

Living with Apple Bloom had certainly been interesting, to say the least.

True, she had been forced to wear diapers for a few months because she and her host parents didn’t want the foal to get curious. Even foals weren’t stupid.

By giving the impression she was being potty-trained, they not only kept suspicions away, but Apple Bloom tried her hardest to be like her “cousin” and, while it took her a month or two more, she was able to be potty-trained.

Now, she and Apple Bloom were starting school, something Twilight had actually been looking forward to. Being a student, she was allowed to do research without anypony finding it odd.


After Apple Bloom introduced herself, Twilight did the same.

She noted how all the fillies and colts stared at her wings and horn.

She knew this would happen. It had been happening since she was, in this world’s eye, a foal.

As expected, she had been growing, since she was an alicorn. She was now the same size as a young filly or colt in this world, though, in her own, she was probably half the size of Luna.

As the two took their seats, Twilight looked around them. She took note of an orange Pegasus filly with a purple mane that was very familiar.

Scanning the other ponies, she couldn’t see this world’s Sweetie Belle. Then again, this world’s Rarity, if there was one, didn’t live in Ponyville.

Once she’d been able to walk around on her own without anypony being curious as to why, she’d gone straight to where Carousel Boutique was and, while the store itself was there, it was being run, not by Rarity, but by Coco Pommel, the mare Rarity had helped back in Manehatten.

Twilight had reeled back at that thought. She could remember Rarity helping Coco Pommel, yet, something about it felt odd to her. It didn’t make sense.

Twilight felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Apple Bloom looking at her.

“You were zonin’ out again, Twilight,” she said, looking worried. “Ya seem to be doin’ that a lot lately. Ya sure yer okay?”

Twilight nodded. “I’m fine, Apple Bloom. I’ve just... been thinking a lot.”

Apple Bloom frowned, clearly able to tell she wasn’t telling her everything, but at that moment Cheerilee called for attention from her students and class began.

Twilight really enjoyed herself. Cheerilee was stunned by how easily Twilight was answering mathematics and science problems with ease.

However, Twilight took note how some of the students kept giving her odd looks, no doubt wondering how she knew so much when she was just a farm filly.

Though she didn’t like thinking that’s what they were thinking, when she and Apple Bloom were a bit younger, Apple Bloom had been teased for being a farm filly by some colts who were with their parents that had come for a visit to the town and when Twilight defended her friend, she’d had the insults thrown at her as well.

While she still didn’t see Fresh Veggies and Pitchfork as her parents, since they technically weren’t in the most sense, she had grown fond of them, and when the insults had turned to them, the colts had suddenly found themselves on top of Town Hall.

So, to see looks saying such similar things now made her blood boil ever so slightly. Farm ponies were far smarter than most would give them credit. While unicorns and pegasi could run into trouble if their magic or their wings were hindered, even when Earth Ponies suffered a hindrance, they were able to rise above it and continue with their work.

While she was not an Earth Pony, Twilight did have Earth Pony within her, being an alicorn.

She helped her host parents tend the fields, feeling she needed to do something to earn her keep, even though they told her otherwise. In that time, the apples and other produce that had been growing on the farm were better than ever before.


When recess came, Twilight went outside with Apple Bloom. They headed for the benches.

As they did, they heard a voice Twilight recognised and it made her scowl.

“So you’re the filly with wings and a horn, huh?”

Twilight turned to see a pink Earth Pony with a tiara for her Cutie Mark and another Earth Pony, this one grey, with a spoon for her Cutie Mark.

“Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, I presume?” she deadpanned.

They blinked, then smirked. “You know our names already? Good. You must be smart pony then, despite whom you live with.”

“An’ wha’ is that suppose ta mean?” Apple Bloom scowled.

“I wasn’t talking to you, Blank Flank,” Diamond said, not even looking at Apple Bloom.

Twilight twitched. Though she wasn’t quite willing to call Apple Bloom family because this wasn’t her world, nopony insults her friends.

“What did you want?” she asked, getting her voice level.

Tiara smiled. “You look like you could be interesting. You should know there are some ponies you wouldn’t want to make friends with,” she glanced at Apple Bloom as she said this, “but there are those you will want to make friends with.” She held out a hoof to Twilight. “I can help you with that.”

Twilight snorted. “I think I can tell the right ponies from the wrong ones for myself, thanks.”

Tiara and Silver looked shocked for a second, then Tiara scowled.

“Fine. I guess I should’ve expected as much from a freak!”

“Hey!” Apple Bloom snarled. “Don’t call mah cousin a freak!”

“Well she is,” Diamond said, pointing a hoof at Twilight wings, then her horn. “She can’t be a Pegasus, she has a horn. And she can’t be a unicorn, she has wings. Not only that, she can’t be an Earth Pony. She’s too scrawny.”

Twilight glowered. True, she was slimmer than she used to be, but that wasn’t because of scrawniness. No, it was because she was an alicorn and, like Cadance, was getting slimmer as her body grew older.

Silver smirked. “I heard she was found on this towns’ Apple Family’s porch. Guess her parents were a unicorn and a Pegasus who didn’t want a freak as a daughter and ditched her the first chance they got.”

“Hey! Shut up, Tiara!”

There was an orange blur and suddenly Twilight found herself staring at the buzzing wings of... Scootaloo?

Twilight almost toppled over. Scootaloo could fly already in the world? In her’s she still couldn’t get more than a few metres of the ground.

Tiara scowled at the Pegasus. “Don’t you talk, Blank Flank. You’re mother’s a washed up racer.”

“Don’t talk smack about my mother!” Scootaloo shouted, her cheeks reddening. “The only reason she doesn’t race anymore is cos she got her saving your parents!”

“Wait, what?” Twilight literally felt like she was missing something here. Who was Scootaloo’s mother, and what had she saved Filthy Rich from that had left her unable to race?

“Don’t fight, please?”

Twilight turned and saw a filly Derpy Hooves walking towards them, her expression worried. “Somepony’s going to get hurt.”

Tiara glared at the grey Pegasus, then snorted. “Whatever. Come on, Silver Spoon. Let’s go before this Loser spreads to us too.”

The two fillies walked off, noses in the air.

Twilight turned to the two pegasi. “Thanks, but I could’ve handled that myself.”

Scootaloo waved a hoof. “Don’t worry about it. My mom’s always telling me you should stick up for other ponies, and you seem cool. You’re the new girls, Twilight Sparkle and Apple Bloom, right?”

They nodded.

She held out a hoof. “Scootaloo Dash. Nice to meet you.”

Twilight took the hoof, before her eyes widened. “Dash? Why’s that your name?”

Scootaloo smirked. “Cos my mom’s the famous Rainbow Dash, duh.”

Twilight’s mouth nearly fell open. So, not only was Applejack not a farmer in this world, but Rainbow Dash was Scootaloo’s mother and an ex-racer? What was her next surprise going to be?

She slowly turned to Derpy. “You’re Derpy Hooves, right?”

The filly looked away, a few tears in her eyes.

“Hey, hey!” Scootaloo said, hurrying over, landing and putting a wing around the grey filly. “She doesn’t know, okay. Besides, if she become your friend and she doesn’t mean anything by it, it’s cool, right?”

The other Pegasus nodded, sniffling.

“Um, did I say something wrong?” Twilight asked, worried she’d offended the grey filly.

Scootaloo sighed and looked to Twilight. “Were you trying to be mean?”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “What? No! Isn’t that her name?”

Scootaloo shook her head. “Her real name’s Dizty Doo. But, back in Flight Camp, a bunch of bullies started calling her Derpy Hooves because of her eyes and how she wasn’t as good as them and others started doing it to. It’s a nice sounding name though, so she only likes it when friends call her that, because they don’t mean anything mean by it.”

“Oh,” Twilight said, her ears drooping as she looked at Dizty. “I’m so sorry, Ditzy. I didn’t know. I swear, I wasn’t trying to be mean.”

The wall-eyed filly sniffled and smiled. “It’s okay. If you didn’t mean anything mean by it, you can call me Derpy.”

Twilight smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, Derpy.”

“Same here,” Apple Bloom smiled, holding out a hoof. “Ah’m Apple Bloom, Twilight’s cousin.”

“Nice to meet you,” Derpy smiled.

“Hey. You wanna be friends?”

Twilight leaped into the air, flopping face-first in dirt.

Standing where she had been several seconds ago was a yellow Earth Pony filly with a yellow coat and a flat brown mane and tail, with a very sad look on her face.

Twilight got up and gave a small smile. “Sure. What’s your name?”

The filly looked down. “Cheese Sandwich.”

Twilight blinked. “Did...? Did you just say your name’s Cheese Sandwich?”

The filly nodded slightly.

Twilight shook her head and smiled. “I’ll happily be your friend, Cheese.”

Cheese gave a weak smile.

The five spent the rest of recess together, Twilight glad she had made some friends.

Author's Note:

Well, here's chapter four.

wanted to finish chapter five today too, but i have to get off now, so this is all for now.

So, can anypony guess who Derpy's mother is?

I will try to write the next chatper tomorrow, but i can't make any promises because i've also got a lot of editing and i may focus on those first.

Also, Twilight isn't the only Alicorn in this world. there is one other, who has been lost for 5000 year. can you guess who?

finally, what do you all think of the new cover art?


anyway, please leave a comment and I'll see you later everypony