• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 6,018 Views, 151 Comments

Puny Purple Pony: From Padded to Proud - Autum Breeze



Twilight tries to redo her experiment with portals to other worlds. An accident was bound to happen

  • ...
50
 151
 6,018

Chapter 9 - The Nightmare and the Alicorn

Chapter 9

The Nightmare and the Alicorn

___________________________________________________________

“What were you two even thinking?!” Fresh Veggies demanded of the two smaller ponies as she passed back and forth in front of them.

Twilight and Apple Bloom glanced at each other, wilting a little under the glares and harsh words of the taller mare and her husband.

It was half an hour after Twilight and the others had found the Tree of Harmony and had been given the Elements in order to stop Nightmare Moon, only to then be found by their carers and taken back to their homes.

Twilight had noticed the anxious looks her friends had all worn as their parents or guardians had taken them away, leading them out of the Everfree Forest and then going their separate ways.

And, despite her being a princess, Fresh didn’t seem at all discouraged in scolding Twilight as if she were a regular foal. Though, from her point of view, what Twilight and the others did was probably very foalish in the first place.

“Goin’ inta the Everfree? Hangin’ ’round that old castle? What were you girls thinking?” she demanded, whirling to face the two of them. While anger was in her eyes, so too was a look Twilight had seen in her mother’s eyes many times when she’d done something dangerous as a filly. Worry.

Before either of them could answer, Fresh pulled the two of them into a tight hug, and felt tears running down the mare’s face and into their fur.

“If anythin’ had happened to ya,” she whispered, her voice shaking a little, “Ah... Ah don’t know what Ah’d do.”

Twilight felt guilty. She’d made Fresh worry. She’d never meant for that. Truth be told, it hadn’t even been her idea to go into the forest in the first place. But, just like her mother (and the Rainbow from Twilight’s own world), once Scootaloo got an idea in her head, there was no changing her mind and they’d all been dragged along, if only to make sure the risk-taking Pegasus didn’t get hurt or worse.

Come to think of it, this world’s Dash was probably scolding her for that right now.


Twilight shook these thoughts away. She had something more important to do.

“Fresh, you’ve noticed the tiara on my head, and the necklace around Apple Bloom’s neck, correct?” she asked, pulling herself away from the large mare.

Fresh looked from Twilight to Apple Bloom, only just now taking their new attire into account. “Where did you get those?” she asked, looking confused and slightly worried.

Twilight lifted a hoof to the tiara on her head. “This is the Element of Magic.” She then pointed to the necklace on the yellow filly. “And the gem in her necklace is the Element on Honesty. The Tree of Harmony gave them to us.”

Fresh and Pitch’s faces paled a little, glancing from the tiara to the necklace.

Pitch gulped. “Wh... why would it give ya the Elements?”

Twilight’s expression firmed. “We aren’t the only ones. You saw the necklaces around our friends’ necks as well? Those were the other Elements of Harmony. Cheese has Laughter, Sweetie Belle Generosity, Derpy Kindness and Scootaloo Loyalty. The Tree gave them to us for a reason.”

Both ponies gulped. “An’... what reason is that?” Pitch asked.

Twilight closed her eyes, then looked at the two of them with unwavering determination. “To stop Nightmare Moon when she returns.”

It was as if somepony had whacked the both of them with an iron plank. They just stared at the Alicorn, as if looking right through her, before they both responded with a very loud, “WHAT?”

“But first,” Twilight closed her eyes, her horn glowing; “I will finally restore that which you lost, yet did not realize.”

Both ponies stopped, their eyes widening as Twilight’s aura engulfed them. At once, memories of all the time since that moment they’d been so confused by flooded their mind. Princess Celestia coming and taking Twilight away, the months they spent getting over the lose of the pony they’d come to care for like their own the struggles to try and have their own foal, the setting up of the nursery for their new foal, the horrible news from the doctors that Fresh would never be able to bear a foal and the depression that had consumed her afterward, all the failed attempts to adopt an orphan, only to learn there were none left to adopt, heading into town the day their memories had vanished, two days after Fresh had gotten enough over her depression to go outside again.

Both ponies trotted back and fell on their rumps, their eyes wide as Twilight’s aura faded and her horn stopped glowing.

“How...?” Fresh looked from Twilight, to Apple Bloom, to her husband, then back to Twilight. “How did we ferget all that an' think those months after ya left were afore ya came? How did you? Did ya ferget?”

Twilight nodded, sighing. “The Discord from my world wiped all our memories, even those of all the ponies that had interacted with you during that time, making sure we’d all think nothing had really happened and go on as if I hadn’t ever left.”

“But ya did,” Pitch said, sounding crestfallen. “Ya left with Princess Celestia... but ya came back?”

Twilight shook her head. “Not intentionally. I was working on doorways to other dimensions again, taking more precautions this time round so what happened before or something less... well, something harder to handle didn’t happen. Discord came by while the portal was focused on this world. He used his magic to put me back in the snuggy you gave me, then I tripped on his tail and fell through the portal and wound up back on your doorstep and you know the rest.”

Fresh looked away, sadness in her eyes. “So, yer going back now?”

Twilight shook her head again. “I can’t.” When they all looked at her in confusion, she explained. “Discord also locked the portal. Nopony can get in or out of either our dimensions through it for an allotted time. I’m still not sure how long it will be until it reopens, but, until that time, I’m going to have to remain here.”

Fresh gave a weak smile. “Ah feel guilty fer being happy ’bout that.”

Twilight smiled. “Don’t feel guilty. You two have made my time here wonderful, like a second fillyhood, but better. I couldn’t have asked for better carers during my stay.”

Fresh let her tears fall, then pulled Twilight into a hug and nuzzled her. “Thank you, Twilight. Ya’ve no idea how happy that makes me.”

Apple Bloom smiled as she watched her aunt and cousin. Twilight might not see her aunts as her parents, but she had just as strong a bond with them.

She noticed her Uncle Pitch coming towards her and he pulled her into a hug as well, to which she returned. She also felt like they were like her parents. She’d never really gotten to know them and her aunt, uncle and cousin had been with her all these years.

True, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith and even Applejack had visited over the years, but Pitchfork and Fresh Veggies had been in her life a lot more.

___________________________________________________________

Queen Emaryalis frowned curiously at the report she’d just received from one of the guards posted in Ponyville with orders to watch over Twilight Sparkle and report back about her.

Several hours ago, Twilight and her group of friends had been seen being led out of the Everfree Forest by their parents and carers.

This was odd to her, because she couldn’t really think of anything that would have given the Alicorn a reason to go into that Celestia forsaken place. Yes, there was the Castle of the Two Pony Sisters, but that wouldn’t have been any use to the filly, as far as she could think.

There wasn’t anything worth looking for in that castle, she’d had several battalions of guards to search that place in and out and, aside from a large library of somehow in good condition books, there hadn’t been anything else of interest.

Then again, Twilight Sparkle was a filly and fillies tended to do stupid things and Emaryalis couldn’t think of anything more stupid than six fillies walking into the most dangerous forest in all the world.

It had most likely been an idea from the filly, Scootaloo, the Pegasus that had caused the Sonic Rainboom. Like her mother, the ex-Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash, she was a risk-taker. She was the most logical reason for the six fillies venturing into a place they were lucky to get out of alive.

She found it odd that the six had been wearing jewellery, of all things to wear into the Everfree Forest.

What had caught her attention was that Twilight Sparkle had apparently been wearing a tiara of some kind. The type of tiara royalty would wear. Was she becoming aware that she had the right to rule?

Emaryalis decided she’d up the security around Ponyville, just in case the young Alicorn decided to do anything stupid. The Queen knew she was more than a match for a mere filly, however, her being an Alicorn would still make it necessary to be wary.

___________________________________________________________

Twilight kicked hard at the Red Gala tree behind her, causing a large amount of apples to cascade down into the baskets set around the base.

She wiped her brow and looked up to the sky.


Two years had passed since her and her friends’ escapade into the Everfree Forest to the Tree of Harmony and received the Elements in order to defeat Nightmare Moon.

She and Apple Bloom hadn’t escaped punishment that day, despite the tender moment they’d had with Pitch and Fresh. They’d been grounded and made to buck all the apples, at least until they were so exhausted they collapsed and the bigger ponies had to take over.

Twilight was now the same size as Luna from her own world and was slightly worried about just how much bigger she would get before she returned to her world. She knew she already towered over her friends from her world. Luna would be very surprised the next time the two of them met. Then again, if she didn’t get back soon, she might even be as tall as Celestia.

She blushed, thinking about how it would feel to look Celestia eye to eye. The very idea was something she’d never considered before her second arrival in this world, but now it was something on her mind a lot more regularly.

Twilight looked up at the night sky, her eyes on the moon and the imprint upon it. How long would it be until Nightmare Moon returned? Would it be tomorrow night, next week, several years from now?

She sighed, shaking her head. Questioning that would not help. It would happen when it happened and she couldn’t change it.

Twilight’s horn glowed and she levitated the baskets into the air and headed towards the barn. She’d become use to the routine of her adopted family over the years.

They would buck as many of the the apples from the trees one day, sell them, then, after storing the ones they didn’t get to sell due to them still needing to be bucked down that day in the special storage area in the barn that kept them fresh, they’d take them to market the next day and sell them. Tomorrow, Twilight was meant to help out at the stall, since Apple Bloom had helped out last time.

Just as she finished up and was walking out the barn, she was bowled over by an orange and purple blur, much like she would be back in her own world by a rainbow one.

“Twilight! We got a big problem!” Scootalo yelled into the Alicorn’s face, her eyes wide.

Twilight frowned, her horn glowing. The glow encased the Pegasus and levitated her off so she could get up.

Much like the Dash of her own world, this world’s Scootaloo was wearing an annoyed expression at being controlled by magic, something Twilight knew Dash didn’t like. However, like Dash, Scootaloo sometimes just made it impossible not to use magic on her.

Twilight released her magical hold on Scootaloo and raised an eyebrow. “What’s the matter, Scootaloo? And please don’t tell me it’s something about my magic needed to help you get out of something you got yourself into again.”

Scootaloo blinked, then frowned, clearly annoyed at that comment, but shook her head and pointed to the sky. “THAT!”

Her eyebrow rising a little in confusion, Twilight looked up to the sky— and felt her heart drop as her eyes widened in horror. The four stars she remembered disappearing behind the moon in her own world that helped Nightmare Moon escape from the moon were moving towards it. They'd disappear behind the moon within minutes. That could only mean one thing.

Twilight turned to Scootaloo, her expression fearful, but firm. “Scootaloo, get the others. I’ll get Apple Bloom and we’ll meet you in the Town Square.”

Scootaloo nodded, her fear suddenly gone, replaced by determination and shot off towards town to get their friends.

Twilight hurried inside, shouting, “Apple Bloom, get your Element! She’s coming!”

___________________________________________________________

Twilight and her friends stood in Town Square, facing the sky.

The stars had just moved behind the moon by the time they all gathered up and, as they watched, the blemish on the moon disappeared from site, leaving the moon bear.

They each looked around, waiting for Nightmare Moon to appear just as she had at the Summer Sun Celebration back in Twilight’s world all those years ago.

For several moments, nothing seemed to happen. The six of them looked at each other, an eyebrow raised. Where was Nightmare Moon? Shouldn’t she be doing something by now?

Was the reason nothing was happening because it had been Luna that returned instead and she was politely confronting the Queen.

Those thoughts lasted a second however, before Derpy screamed in terror. They all looked to where she was, towards Canterlot. From this angle, they could see a tall dark spire had suddenly appeared where Twilight knew the castle was. It was a pillar of pure energy.

Seconds later, Twilight winced, dropping on one foreleg. She had sensed an immense surge of dark magic. Had she sensed this years ago, when she was still the size of a foal in this world, it might have knocked her out cold.

However, having aged as she had, it was merely a painful discomfort.

Her five friends moved to comfort her, but Twilight almost doubled over as she sensed another massive surge of magic. This magic, however, was not dark. She had experienced it many times during her years in this world and was very familiar with it.

There was a large flash from behind the fillies, all aside from Twilight, who was still struggling to stand again, turned to see Queen Emaryalis lying on the ground, her tiara gone, surrounded by what had to be the entire occupancy of Canterlot Castle, servants, chiefs, maids, guards, nobles, the lot.

Twilight took several deep breaths, stood up and turned around, to be met by the acusing glare of the Queen.

“I was right,” she snarled, her eyes boaring at Twilight. “You are here to usurp my throne!”

Scootaloo frowned. “Hey! Why do you say that? Twilgiht’s never done anything!”

“An’ she’s certainly not tryin’ to y’surp ya,” Apple Bloom said, glaring at the Queen. Nopony, not even royalty, dissed her family.

Twilight, however, was calm and faced Emaryalis as if she were speaking to an equal. “What happened? What is that black pillar where the castle is?”

“No anymore!” Cheese chirped, bouncing.

“What are you talking about, Cheese?” Scootaloo cocked an eyebrow at the brown-frizzy-maned filly.

“The castle and the dark spire,” Cheese replied, pointing. “They’re not there anymore and now Black Snooty is heading towards us.”

Twilight felt confusion at the first part of Cheese’s sentence, only to feel her mind seize up at the second thing she’d said. Black Snooty had been one of the names Pinkie Pie had guessed to be Nightmare Moon’s name back in her world. And Cheese had just said Black Snooty was coming towards them. That meant...

She whirled around and, with her eyes squinted, could make out a cloud of blue filled with stars heading towards them from across the sky.

Her eyes narrowed and she firmed her grip on the ground. “Get ready, girls!” she said to the others as she kept her eyes on the approaching star cloud. “She’s coming.”

“Of course she is!” Emaryalis shouted, her eyes wide. “You were waiting for her, weren’t you? You’re working with that black Alicorn to overthrow me and—”

“Queen Emaryalis,” Derpy said, her voice taking on a firm tone she was not known to often use, “shut up!”

That shut the Queen up right away. She knew Ditsy Doo, or Derpy Hooves as she was called by her friends, was normally a shy filly, who wouldn’t speak up against somepony else, even if they were wrong and she was right. To be told to shut up by her was enough of a shock to silence her, just as instructed.

The star cloud reached the airspace right above them and condensed, taking the shape of an Alicorn. When it materialized, Twilight saw a pony she’d honestly thought she’d never have to see again.

Pure-black coat, onyx wings, turquoise, dragon-like eyes, pale-blue armour, a mane and tail of pure magic, shining like the night sky and, on her flank, a blue crescent moon Cutie Mark. Nightmare Moon had returned.

Nightmare Moon looked over the crowd of ponies, which had grown when those of the town who’d seen the teleportation spell came over and realized it was their Queen.

She grinned as her eyes passed over the horrified faces of ponies who had clearly thought she was only a legend, not realizing she was, in fact, real.

“Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces.” When none replied, she frowned. “Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?

Ponies all stared up at her, wide eyed, yet none spoke.

Nightmare Moon’s frown turned into a scowl. “Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for more than five thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?

Twilight had to hold back a chuckle. This was the very first thing Nightmare had spoken when she had appeared at the Summer Sun Celebration and decided she’d play along, for amusement.

“I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon – Nightmare Moon!

Twilight, along with her friends, rolled their eyes as ponies gasped. What, had they thought, if nopony said it, she wouldn’t be Nightmare Moon after all?

Nightmare Moon however, returned to her smile, even looking a little impressed. “Well, well, well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here.”

Twilight nodded. “You plan on bringing the Night Eternal, just as you did so many centuries ago.”

Nightmare Moon chuckled. “Indeed, young one.” She looked to the Queen and smirked, before looking at the assembled crowd. “Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!” she burst into maniacal laughter, lighting flashing in the cloudless sky, causing many ponies to cower.

“Ah wouldn’t count yer chickens afore they’ve hatched, if Ah were you, Nightmare.”

The laughter faded and Nightmare Moon looked to Apple Bloom, her scowl returning. “You dare to speak to your true Queen like that, you mere Earth Pony?!”

Apple Bloom smirked. “Ah do. Haven' ya noticed anythin’ interestin’ ’bout mah cousin?” She motioned to Twilight.

Nightmare now frowned in confusion and looked to Twilight, glancing her over, before her eyes showed surprise. “An Alicorn, here?”

Twilight nodded. “That’s right, Nightmare Moon. I’m an Alicorn, just like the body you control and now, you will release Luna or suffer.”

Nightmare smirked, amusement clear on her face. “Oh, really, young Alicorn? You may be of the same kind as me, but what makes you think you, an Alicorn so young, stands a chance against me, who has lived for over five thousand years, not even counting the time before my banishment?”

“First,” Twilight said, motioning to her five friends, “my friends. Second, these.” She motioned to her tiara, then at her friends necklaces.

Nightmare Moon raised an eyebrow in confusion, looking at each of the fillies, before her eyes widened. “No!”

Twilight smirked. “Yes. The Elements of Harmony. The very things Princess Celestia used to banish you to the moon all those centuries ago.”

“I WON”T GO BACK!” Nightmare Moon screamed, her voice filled with both rage and fear. She aimed her horn at Twilight and fired a surge of magic at her.

It collided, not with Twilight, but a purple magical barrier, which surrounded all six fillies.

Twilight looked to her friends, all who nodded, their expression firm. Twilight closed her eyes and focused on her Element and the friendship she’d made with these five fillies. The Elements all started to glow and they started to levitate into the air.

Unlike in her world, however, Nightmare Moon was, instead of staring shocked, firing a constant stream of magic at the six of them, trying to stop them from using the Elements against her.

It was for naught, however, as the energies of the six Elements combined together, focusing on Twilight, whose eyes opened, glowing pure white.

A beam of rainbow-coloured energy shot forth from the Element of Magic, pushing against Nightmare Moon’s magical surge. The two fort against each other for several seconds, before the blast from the Elements started pushing back, before it surge through, cutting through Nightmare Moon’s like a knife.

Said Alicorn’s eyes widened in horror as she watched the blast seconds from getting her, knowing she had no chance of avoiding it in time.

“NO!” she cried as the blast consumed her, covering her with its power, her scream echoing across the night.

There was a final blinding flash of white light and, for several moments, all was still.


Twilight push herself up from the ground, looking around her. Her friends were also getting up, looking none the worse for wear than she did. The other ponies, including Emaryalis, were staring at the six of them, wide-eyed.

Twilight turned her attention to where Nightmare Moon had been, only to see a pony lying on the ground several feet away from them. She had a blue coat and pale-blue mane and tail. On her flank was a white crescent moon Cutie Mark. And, finally, she had a horn and wings. She was an Alicorn.

The pony groaned and slowly lifted her head and looked at them all with blearily eyes.

However, Twilight was not the only pony who had noticed the other Alicorn.

“Arrest her!” Diamond Tiara’s voice cried out from within the crowd. “She’s evil!”

Several others immediately followed her example, shouting similar things, some even shouting at the mare herself, telling her things Twilight was horrified they’d say around fillies.

However, she was focused on something else about this.

She hurried in front of the pony, who flinched, clearly thinking Twilight was about to hurt her, but then turned around and glared at the ponies of Ponyville.

“How dare you all? This is not Nightmare Moon! Have none of you focused on just what the legend says about the Mare in the Moon. Princess Luna was consumed by Nightmare Moon, who used her to try and bring the Eternal Night all those centuries ago. Princess Luna is not the pony of those stories. She is not the bringer of Eternal Night. She is Princess Celestia's sister and,” she stomped her hooves, bracing herself for a fight, “if you want to get to her, you’ll have to get through me!”

“And us too!” Apple Bloom shouted, her and the others hurrying to Twilight’s side, facing off against the town.

“Princess Luna is a wonderful, kind pony, who would never want to hurt anypony,” Derpy said, her eyes centring as she focused on each and every pony who was shouting for Luna’s punishment.

Before anypony could respond, however, the Elements all shone and a white form appeared in front of the six fillies, causing all present to gasp.

Standing before them all was the ghostly, majestic figure of Princess Celestia. She looked at each other them, a sadness in her eyes. Have you all really fallen so far in my absence, my little ponies?

At once, every pony, save the Emaryalis, bowed to the ghostly form in front of them, at once recognizing the princess who had saved their ancestors from Nightmare Moon over five thousand years ago.

Celestia looked to Emaryalis, disappointment on her features, but still with a thankful smile. Emaryalis, I thank you for saving my little ponies from Nightmare Moon as she destroyed Canterlot Castle. You could have simply saved yourself, but you risked all your magic to unsure they all made it to safety. For that, you have my thanks. However, her thankful smile at her last words vanished, replaced with full disappointment, as Queen of Equestria, you should have asked Twilight Sparkle for help. She tried to reach out to you, so many years ago, yet you never once wanted to accept her aid, for fear that she was here to usurp you.

Emaryalis just glared at the apparition in front of her. “I am the rightful ruler of this land, Celestia. Your kinds’ right fell the day Luna surrendered to her darkness.”

Celestia’s expression turned into a scowl. You speak as if you have done nothing wrong within your own lifetime. Tell me, what were you planning to do to Twilight Sparkle when you could prove she had the right to rule this land?

Silence as the unicorn just glared.

Her silence caused several ponies within the crowd to look to her with shock, some concern and some even disgust.

Celestia nodded. Your silence is enough of an answer, Emaryalis. While you have a good heart, your desire to be in control blinds you to reason, even when it is to what appears to be a harmless foal. As the former ruler of Equestria, I hereby stripe you of the rank of Queen. You are now a princess beneath the true new rulers of this land. My sister, Princess Luna and my successor as regent of the sun, Twilight Sparkle.

“WHAT?!” Emaryalis’ looked like she couldn’t choose to show rage or fear. “No! I waited years to rule! I will not lose it to some puny—”

Celestia’s horn glowed with white light. When it faded, Twilight and Luna had changed. Luna was now as tall to Twilight as Celestia from her own world was, her mane and tail looking like it held the night sky within it, moving in an ethereal breeze and Twilight, while not any taller than before, now had a shimmering mane and tail herself, both of which were also moving in an ethereal wind.

All stared at the two, wide-eyed. Twilight's friends stared at her in awe.

Celestia looked to Emaryalis and snorted. They now control the sun and moon, as it should be. I have freed the mages Nightmare left on the moon when she arrived. They are all in Canterlot, safe and sound.

Emaryalis looked like she wanted to say something to Celestia, but couldn’t find the words.

Celestia turned and walked over to the ponies surrounding her sister. The five fillies parted to allow her passage. Twilight smiled up at her and bowed, before moving away so that Celestia could see her sister.

Luna kept her head down, too ashamed to meet her older sister’s gaze. Luna. The softness in Celestia’s voice caused the younger of the two to look up, her eyes filled with tears.

“I’m sorry, sister!” she sobbed, her tears trailing down her cheeks. “I am so, so sorry. I-I didn’t mean for this to happen. I-I didn’t mean for you to— to—”

Celestia leaned down and nuzzled her sister, who tried to wrap her forelegs around her, only to pass through. Forgive me, Luna, Celestia said, the smallest sob entering her own voice. I’m sorry I couldn’t save you. I’m sorry I had to leave you alone, for so long, and must go again.

“No, sister!” Luna cried, looking up at Celestia with pleading eyes. “Please! Please don’t leave me again.”

Celestia smiled sadly. Luna, I am not of the world of the living anymore. I have not been of the living for a long, long time. However, I will not be leaving you alone.

She motioned to her left, where Twilight stood, watching the two of them with tears in her own eyes, her mane moving on its own.

I realize she cannot replace me, but Twilight Sparkle will be able to remain with you in my place. She knows the pain you’ve been through, having felt it herself for the last seven years.

Luna, along with the majority of the ponies gathered, looked confused at that.

Twilight stepped forward and smiled sadly at Luna. “I came here from another world. I have had to remain here for those seven years, unable to return to my own world.” She leaned forward and nuzzled the other mare. “And I would be happy to stay with you, Luna. You could even think of me like your little sister, if you want.”

Luna stared at Twilight, shock apparent of her face. Then, slowly, a small smile came to her face and she wrapped her forelegs around Twilight and let herself cry.

Twilight allowed her to cry, gently patting her back, and stroking the older Alicorn’s ethereal mane.

Celestia smiled at the two of them, sadness and happiness mixing in her face. She turned to the other five Element Bearers and nodded. Be good friends to Twilight and my sister, my little ponies. Never forget your bond.

The five fillies nodded. Cheese was crying like Celestia knew Twilight’s friend Pinkie Pie had during Twilight’s Celestia and Luna’s reunion. Those two had gotten to be together, something she sadly could not be for her sister. However, she knew Twilight would look after Luna and help her through their time together.

All, save Scootaloo, were also crying, some wiping the tears from the eyes, while some just let them fall.

Her job done, Celestia faded away, returning to the afterlife, silently wishing the two Alicorns good luck with their lives.

Author's Note:

Finally! It lives! I've finally gotten this chapter out.

Celestia doesn't know i'm doing this. i woke up and got back through the rift before she noticed. No filly foaling around for me.

i do apologise that it took me this long to get this chapter out. sadly, this story is almost at it's end too. two more chapters are all i think are left, then it shall be over. however, that won't be til then, so for now i'll just say—

Celestia: you're not getting away that easy. *zaps me with a sleeping spell*

Me: Damnt it. i'm out *drops to the floor unconcious.*

Celestia: Sorry. my niece thought she could get away, but she has no chance. please leave her comments and let her know what you thought about this chapter *turns me back into a filly foal and takes me back through the rift*