• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 429 Views, 8 Comments

The Saddest Stone - Aquah3art



Derpy Hooves has always been bullied because of her eyes and how she acts around other ponies. When she finds a mysterious stalllion in the Everfree Forest, she learns that she needs to stick up for herself.

  • ...
0
 8
 429

Meeting the Doctor

Derpy sat on the mud and looked around for any signs of the trail. The rain and thunder had stopped and the air smelled musky. Derpy got up and started to walk in a random direction I bet nopony would even realize that I'm gone she thought as the corners of her mouth fell down into a frown. As she walked she stopped in her tracks when she heard a buzzing sound but when she looked around all she could see was green. When she turned around she was startled when she saw a big, blue phone booth in front of her. Backing up she hit into a tree with a yelp.

The doors to the phone booth opened and all there was was smoke that rose up into the sky until a brown stallion stepped out. He turned to Derpy and looked at her with a confused look, "What? Never seen a T.A.R.D.I.S. before?" he asked as he raised his eyebrow.

Derpy gulped, "N-n-o" she stuttered as she started to back up again, "Where did you come f-ro-m?" she asked quietly as she looked down at her hooves, this stallion didn't look like any of the stallions in Ponyville and nor did he act like them.

The stallion's confused face turned blank, "I'm from the planet of Gallifrey" he said, "what is this place?" he asked as he looked around at the trees.

"What never seen trees before?" Derpy joked but then shook her head, "No..um....I mean..this is the Everfree Forest" she said as she stared at the stallion.

"Hmm well I'm Doctor Whooves but you can call me Doctor" Doctor Whooves said as he stuck his hoof out.

Derpy quickly shook the Doctor's hand, "I'm Dit-er-Derpy" she said with a small smile, "why are you here?" she asked.

The Doctor looked at the phone booth, "well I was having problems with my T.A.R.D.I.S. so I had to land in this dimension" he said as he studied the bottom of the tartus.

"So that's some kind of time machine?" Derpy asked with a confused look.

The Doctor looked up at Derpy, "Yes indeed it is, also do you know any nearby repair shops?" he asked.

"I don't think anypony can repair that thing" Derpy scrunched her muzzle.

The Doctor frowned, "well do you have anything to eat around here? I'm starving" he said as his stomach grumbled.

Derpy looked around, "uh..." she stopped herself when she spotted a piece of the trail, "right this way" she said as she began towards the trail followed by the doctor.

"So..why were you out here all by yourself?" the Doctor asked as he walked next to Derpy.

Derpy felt a shiver run down her spine, "Its just...I didn't want to get bullied by anypony" she mumbled as she looked down at the ground.

The Doctor looked at Derpy, "What was that?" he asked.

"I...didn't want to get bullied"

"Huh?" The Doctor asked again.

Derpy sighed, "I said I didn't want to be bullied okay?" she said softly.

The Doctor looked straight towards the exit, "Why would anypony bully you?" he asked.

"Because of my eyes" she responded, reminding her of the scar on her arm.

"What's wrong with them?" he asked softly.

Derpy turned to him and showed him her eyes, "everypony says that there a mistake and also that I'm a mistake, sometimes I get beaten because of them and how I act" she quivers.

The Doctor's ears slightly fell, "Oh...I'm sorry" he said as he looked down.

"No...its ok, I'm used to it" Derpy sighed.

"You don't defend yourself?" the Doctor looked back at Derpy.

Derpy cringed, "well...no.." she whimpered.

The Doctor stepped out of the entrance and into the night, "so where can we find something to eat?" he asked, trying to get rid of the subject.

Derpy perked up a bit, "follow me, I know a great place" she said as she trotted down the street, the Doctor right by her side.

Comments ( 6 )

tartus

T.A.R.D.I.S. pardon me for being so pushy

4270229 mzkfsdgoidfbhlfg ok miss pusheyyyy

4270237
i watch doctor who. sorry.

4270238 You better be :eeyup:

4270243
i am...the T.A.R.D.I.S. stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space

This story seems interesting

Login or register to comment