• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,869 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode III: Rise of the Equestrian Empire - sonicdash123



The fate of Equestria now rests in Charming Thunder's hooves as he confronts his father after and put an end to the Lunar Republic for good.

  • ...
43
 17
 1,869

Chapter 5: Meeting the Ewoks

Applejack and the others waited anxiously with the troops in the clearing. Rainbow heard a twig breaking sound and the troops raised their weapons. Charming Thunder stepped out of a bush to find the group's weapons trained on him. Too tired to care, he kicked a nearby pebble. The group quickly lowered their guns when they saw who it was. "Charming Thunder! Where's Twiley?" Shining Armor asked.

“What? She didn't come back?” Charming Thunder asked.

“I thought she was with you,” Cadence said.

"We must have got separated. I think its best that we go look for her before we go to the shield generator." Shining Armor nodded and signaled to the squad leader.

"Take the squad ahead," he ordered. "“We'll meet at the shield generator at Oh-Five-Hundred." The squad then marched off to the shield generator as Charming Thunder and the others moved off into the woods.

---------------------

A brown, furry face with black eyes and ears like a bear slowly peered over at the fallen alicorn. The Ewok was about the same height as a pony, and wielded a sharp spear. He slowly poked at the unconscious form below him. Twilight groaned, which frightened the stubby ball of fuzz. He jumped back, prodding her again. Twilight stood up and stared at the little Ewok. The Ewok jumped again and began to circle her, brandishing his weapon. "Cut it out," Twilight said as he poked at her. She got to her hooves and the little ewok backed away. "I'm not going to hurt you,” she said in a softer tone. She glanced around at the dense forest and the charred remains of her SPAT. She sat with a sigh on a nearby log. “Well, it looks like I'm stuck here. Trouble is, I don't know where 'here' is.” She rubbed her temples, trying to ease her headache a bit. She looked over at the ewok. "What are you anyway?" The Ewok then spoke in a language that she never heard of before. "I don't understand what your saying, but can you help me?" The Ewok nodded in agreement and walked up to her. It then sniffed as it was moving cautiously toward the alicorn. It then sat next to her on the log and sniffed the air. "What is it?" she asked as the ewok looked around warily, spouting some chattered words in his foreign tongue. Suddenly, a laserbolt crashed into the log, sending the ewok and the alicorn flying off. Twilight brandished her own gun while the ewok hides under the log.

"Freeze," the droid from behind said. It pointed its blaster at her as she raised her hooves up. Another droid approached, confiscating her weapon. "Go get your ride and take it back to base."

"Roger roger," the other droid said. It started to head to its STAP as the little Ewok, crouching, stabbed the first scout in the leg with his spear. The scout yelled in surprise, looking around for what had stabbed him, when Twilight blasted the droid with her magic, she grabbed her blaster and fired at the second scout. The bolt hits the STAP and it crashed into a tree. The Ewok popped his head out of the log and cheered for joy.

"Come on, little guy," she whispered. "We need to get out of here before the others get here. Is there a safe place to go?" The Ewok pointed to the direction and she followed him to where he was going.

---------------------

King Sombra strode down the corridor to Chrysalis' private chambers. The Changeling guards walked in and blocked his path. "Sorry, your highness," the guard said. "The queen does not want to be disturbed at the moment."

Sombra used his dark magic to choke the guards as he said, "She will see me NOW." He then tossed them to the side throwing them straight to the wall. The large door slid open as he entered the room. He walked up the stairs to the queen's throne and stopped before it. He remained motionless as Chrysalis sat with her back to the dark unicorn.

"I thought I told you to remain in the command ship," Chrysalis shouted.

"But I have news," he said nervously.

"I don't want to hear it. I know that the Rebel force has landed in the swamp and are on their way to destroy the shield generator and--"

"My son is with them." he interrupted.

"Yes and-- wait. Are you sure?"

"I have sensed his presence."

"Its strange to find out why he is with them."

"What do you want me to do about him?"

"Go to the swamp and wait for him?"

"So he will come to me?" Sombra added.

"Yes. His compassion for you will be his undoing. He will come to you and you and you alone will bring him before me."

"As you wish." Sombra bowed to the queen as she turned her chair back to the window.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and the others spread out as they moved through the swamps looking for Twilight. He then noticed a footprint on the ground. "Everypony, come look at this," he shouted as the group ran to him. He pointed to the footprint as he said, "These footprints don't belong to her."

"Is it a bear?" Fluttershy asked.

"No. It is like a size of a baby bear. But whatever it is, it must lead us to her." Pinkie Pie sniffed and bounced off to the direction.

"What is it, Pinkie?" Rainbow asked as the group went after her. The group then arrived at a tree where they came across a muffin planted on the ground. "I don't get it."

"Nah. Its just a muffin, Pinkie," Applejack said.

"A fresh tasty muffin," Pinkie said. She couldn't resist and tried to take a bite of the muffin.

"Pinkie, wait. Don't," Charming Thunder shouted. It was too late. With a sproing, the entire group found themselves hanging from a large net, suspended high above the clearing. "Way to go, Pinkie. Great. Just great. Always thinking with your stomach."

"Would you just take it easy and find a way to get out of this thing?" Shining Armor said. "Charming Thunder, could you reach my knife?"

"Yeah, sure." The net began to slowly spin as Charming Thunder squeezed a hoof past Applejack, reaching for the knife on Shining's belt. Rarity used a spell to make magic scissors to cut out of the net.

"Uh, Rarity. I'm not sure if thats a good idea," Cadence said, a little worried. "It's a very long dro--” With a snap, the net broke open where Rarity had been cutting, and the group tumbled down to the swamp floor below with a chorus of banging, knocking, and splashing. As they began to regain their senses, they realized that they were surrounded by a group of Ewoks, each of them brandishing a spear. The furry creatures had encircled the group.

"Hey," Rainbow said as she shoved a spear away from her face. "Point that thing somewhere else." The Ewoks began to chatter angrily and swung the spear to Applejack. She then drew her gun as Fluttershy got up to notice them.

"Aww," she said. "These little guys are adorable." As she flew to give one a hug, a spear was pointed straight to her. She then got scared and flew back to the group.

"Ow. My head," Charming Thunder muttered as he got up from the mud he landed on. Upon seeing him, the Ewoks gasped and started to chatter among themselves. Charming Thunder's jaw dropped as they began to chant and waved their stubby arms. Charming Thunder then spoke in the language they speak to tell them that his friends mean no harm.

"How do you understand what they're saying?" Cadence asked.

"Its a long story." He then spoke to the Ewoks again and asked them to take him and his friends peacefully to their village. He then turned to the group and said, "All I can say for now is this: they're friends of mine."