• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,869 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode III: Rise of the Equestrian Empire - sonicdash123



The fate of Equestria now rests in Charming Thunder's hooves as he confronts his father after and put an end to the Lunar Republic for good.

  • ...
43
 17
 1,869

Chapter 2: Republic Spy

Charming Thunder was at the window of Princess Celestia's throne room watching a squadron of new fighters called TIE Hunters. Unlike the TIE Interceptor, the wings were roughly reversed and it possesses an S-foil mechanism. His cousin Blueblood entered the room and stood right next to his cousin. "Magnificent. Aren't they?" Blueblood asked.

"Yes," Charming Thunder replied. "These TIE Hunters will be used well. I sense that something is troubling you."

"No. Nothing at all. It just that Sombra's forces are growing stronger now that Chrysalis is overseeing the construction of the second Death Star and I'm just afraid that we would have to surrender to them."

"Wait a minute," Charming Thunder said to himself. He then turned to Blueblood and said, "How do you know that Chrysalis is on the Death Star right now?"

Blueblood started to sweat as he said, "Just a...guess."

"No." Charming Thunder ignited his crimson blade and said, "You are not Blueblood. You are a Changeling agent sent to spy on us to see what we are planning."

"Very clever, Charming Thunder," Blueblood said with an evil smile. A lightsaber slides out of his sleeve and activates his blue blade.

"Its treason then." Charming Thunder jumped to attack the impostor but the enemy blocked the attack. They fought their way to the stairs to the throne as they came across a window. The impostor of Blueblood tried to slice Charming Thunder's head but he ducked and broke the window instead. The door opened and Celestia entered the room when she noticed Charming Thunder fighting Blueblood. Charming Thunder kicked the impostor in the face and knocked him down to the floor. He pointed his crimson blade at his chin as he said, "Consider yourself under arrest." He then noticed Celestia walking up to him and gestured her to stop.

"What's going on here?" she asked angrily.

"Auntie, I knew it would come to this. I was right. He was plotting to take over."

"The impression of the Republic will never return. You have lost."

"No. No. No. You will DIE!!!" Blueblood shot green lightning at Charming Thunder but blocked the strike sending it straight back at him. "He's a traitor."

"HE is the traitor," Charming Thunder said struggling for his life. "Don't listen to him, Aunt Celestia." The lightning made the impostor change to his true form as a Changeling. The strike stopped as Charming Thunder pointed the blade back at its chin. Two guards entered the room and noticed the Changeling in the room. "Take him away." The Changeling moaned as he was being dragged away by the guards. "Sorry about the window, Aunt Celestia. Are you alright?"

"Yes. I'm fine. But where is the real Blueblood?"

"I think I know. He must be in a dungeon cell where the Changeling trapped him."

"I'll alert the guards to let him out and...thank you."

"It was my pleasure." As Celestia left the room, Charming Thunder walked up to the window and continued to watch the fleet pass by.

---------------------

A tiny Lunar corvette raced over the desert by Appaloosa firing lasers at the massive Star Destroyer pursuing it. The bolts glanced off of the Star Destroyer's powerful shields, leaving not even a scratch on its gargantuan hull. The Star Destroyer fired laser bolts of its own toward its quarry, rocking the rebel ship, which seemed tiny compared to the Imperial monster. In the Lunar ship, droid forces aimed their weapons at the door they were eying on as the other squad rushed down the hallway to the door. A huge explosion from the door rocked the ship as smoke poured from the door and troops entered the door. They wore white armor with orange decal and carries blaster rifles. The droids began to open fire on the troops though the white-armored soldiers continued their advance down the passage. Applejack entered the hallway as the soldiers pushed forward. When the passageway cleared, they proceeded to the door to the computer room. "Search for anything you can find on these computers," Applejack said.

"Yes, ma'am," a trooper said as he walked to a computer. The soldier then found something. "Ma'am, you need to come look at this." Applejack walked up to him and looked at the screen.

"It looks like the plans to the even powerful space station; the Death Star. Take the plans and tear this ship apart. If there are any survivors, wipe them all out."

"Yes, ma'am." The soldiers left the room to search the ship for any surviving droid forces on the ship.

A few hours later, the Star Destroyer released the corvette that was about to blow and when it got to a safe distance the ship crashed to the ground and exploded. The Star Destroyer then turned around and plotted a course to Canterlot.

---------------------

The Super Star Destroyer flies over the kingdom of Canterlot along with a group of Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters racing over the town. Charming Thunder was in the communications room talking to a hologram transmission of Applejack as she reports on what she found on the Lunar corvette. "We found the plans to the new and improved Death Star but it won't be easy to destroy this time."

"Send the plans to me and I'll see what I can do from here," Charming Thunder said.

"There is no need for that. We are arriving at Canterlot shortly. Applejack out." The transmission ended as Charming Thunder left the room and saw two pilots pass by as he walked down the hallway to the throne room. When he arrived at the throne room, he saw Celestia, Luna, Twilight, and Cadence in the room. Two red guards stood guard at the stairway to the throne as he approached. "The plans to the Republic's new space station has been found."

"Good," Cadence said. "I'll alert all troops to meet in the briefing room on the Super Star Destroyer once we look at the plans."

"Applejack said that she should be arriving shortly." He walked up to the window to view the fleet as another Star Destroyer approaches Canterlot. "And there she is now."