• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,868 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode III: Rise of the Equestrian Empire - sonicdash123



The fate of Equestria now rests in Charming Thunder's hooves as he confronts his father after and put an end to the Lunar Republic for good.

  • ...
43
 17
 1,868

Chapter 7: The Trap

The Star Destroyers flew over Ponyville. The Super Star Destroyer maintained an intimidating presence at the front as the YT-2400 roared up next to it, tiny in comparison. Spitfire sat at the controls of the ship. Spitfire switched on her comlink and said, "Admiral, we are in position. All fighters are accounted for."

"Then proceed with the countdown," Octavia's voice echoed in the headset. "Stand by for coordinates and we will move forward."

Spitfire turned to the crew as she said, "Don't worry. My friends are out there. They'll get that shield down before we get there otherwise it'll be the shortest offensive of all time."

"Coordinates are set. You may proceed forward to the Badlands on my mark," Octavia's voice ordered.

"Alright. Lets go." She pulled on a lever and began to go to the direction to the Badlands as she protected the fleet along the way.

---------------------

The team hid in the bush as they saw the the shield generator bunker. Four droid scouts with their STAPs parked nearby have been keeping watch at the entrance. The Ewok chattered and pointed to it. "Back door, huh? Good idea." Twilight said as she patted the little Ewok on the head.

"Its only a few guards," Shining Armor said. "This shouldn't be a problem."

"But it only takes one to sound the alarm," Fluttershy said.

"Then I guess we have to be stealthy like spies," Pinkie said.

"Uh, girls,"

"Yes, Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked.

"I think one of our adorable companions has gone and is about to do something rather rash."

"Oh no!" Applejack whispered as the group noticed an Ewok beginning to climb on one of the STAPs flipping switches. The engines roared to life as the droids noticed him in surprise.

"There goes our surprise attack," Rarity groaned. The scouts ran to the Ewok, who just zipped of into the swamp.

"Hey, what are you doing?" one of the droid scouts shouted as they ran to their speeders and left one behind to watch over the bunker.

"Not bad for that little furball. There is only one remaining," Shining Armor said. "Cadence, you and Fluttershy stay here. We'll take care of things from here." Cadence and Fluttershy moved over to the other Eowk.

"I have decided that we shall stay here," Cadence said.

The Ewok swooped through the trees as the droids chased after him. As the droids were shooting at him, he decided that he had enough and rounded a tree. He leapt from the STAP and grabbed a branch and swung up into the tree. He laughed as he watched the scouts race by below, still following the unoccupied bike.

Meanwhile back at the bunker, Shining Armor snuck up behind the remaining scout and tapped it on the shoulder. The scout turned to see him rush behind the bunker. As the droid rounded the corner, it came across the strike tem pointing their blasters at it. One of them fired at it as Rainbow used her blaster to open the door. The entire squad entered the doors, leaving a lone patrol behind.

---------------------

The elevator on the Death Star opened and Sombra strode into the room, followed by Charming Thunder. They stood before the huge throne under the piercing gaze of the future empress of the Lunar Republic. Charming Thunder remained firm as Chrysalis's chair turned. "Well if it isn't the nephew of Celestia and Luna," Chrysalis said. "I have been expecting you. Guards leave us." The changeling guards at the elevator turned and left as she then got up from her chair and started to walk up to him slowly. "I've been looking forward for you to turn to my side."

"That is where you are greatly mistaken," Charming Thunder said. "I won't be converted as my father was to dark magic."

"Oh no, my young unicorn. You will find that you are mistaken." Sombra levitated Charming Thunder's lightsaber and gave it to her. "Ah, yes. A weapon that is much like your father's. By now, you must know that your father can never be turned from the dark side. So will it be with you in the end."

"You are wrong. Soon I will just die here by your hooves." Chrysalis let out a deep, maniacal laugh.

"Perhaps you are referring to your fleet that is heading this way." Charming Thunder's eyes darted up in surprise. "Yes. And I can assure you that we are now safe from your friends here."

"Your overconfidence is your greatest weakness." he said firmly.

"As your faith for your friends is yours." the queen replied. She then stood at the window as she explained, "Everything went as plan. Now, your friends out there in the swamp are walking into a trap. As is your fleet. I'm afraid that the deflector shield will be online when your friends arrive."

---------------------

The strike team stormed through the door to the control room as they took the Changeling officers and droid engineers prisoner. "Alright. Up! Move! Come on!" Shining Armor shouted. "Quickly." Applejack looked at one of the screens on the control panels as she saw the fleet approaching the Badlands.

"Shining, we need to move," Applejack said. "The fleet will be here in a moment."

"Charges." Rainbow called to the troops as one of them handed her a bag full of charges. Outside the bunker, Fluttershy and Cadence watched the group of Changelings fly into the bunker as they left some droids to guard the door.

"Oh no," Fluutershy whispered to the Ewok. "They'll be captured." The Ewok chattered a bit and started to dart off into the swamp. "Where are you going?"

"Fluttershy," Cadence called. "Stay here."

Inside the bunker, Rainbow and the others looked up to see a dozen of troops with their weapons pointed at her and the strike team. "You rebel scum," a Changeling officer said as more droids entered the room.

---------------------

In the skies above the Badlands, the Death Star hung over the land as the fleet approached. The YT-2400 along with squadrons of TIE Fighters, Interceptors, and Hunters flew straight towards the massive station. Spitfire flipped some switches as she said, "All wings report in."

"Black leader standing by," a pilot in the cockpit of a TIE Interceptor said.

"Gray leader standing by."

"Gold leader standing by."

"Lock s-foils in attack positions," the pilot in the TIE Hunter said as she flipped the switch. From the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer, Octavia stood along side with Blueblood and Thunderlane.

"May Celestia's magic be with us," Octavia said softly. Spitfire looked worriedly as her co pilot motioned at the control panel nervously.

"Something's not right here. We've got to be able to get some kind of a reading on that shield, up or down."

"They're jamming us," the pilot said.

"How could they be jamming us if they don't know were coming--" Her eyes grew wide as she realized what was going on. "Break off the attack. The shield is still up."

"I've got no reading," Soarin said in his TIE Hunter. "Are you sure?"

"Pull up! All craft pull up." The freighter banked hard to the right along with the fighter squadrons as they avoid the unseen wall. Alarms screamed and lights flared in the huge destroyer as it changed course abruptly.

"Take evasive action," Octavia said in her comlink. "Stick close to holding sector MV-4."

"Admiral, we have enemy ships at sector 65," one of the engineers reported from his console.

Octavia grabbed a hold of the comlink as she shouted, "It's a trap!!" The squadron came across the Lucrehulk droid control ship along with Providence destroyers and Munificent frigates.

"Fighters coming in," Spitfire said as an armada of droid starfighters and droid tri fighters came. The sky exploded as a fierce dogfight ensued. "Accelerate to attack speed. Draw their fire away from the destroyers."

"Copy that, Wonderbolt leader," Soarin said as he piloted his fighter to chase a droid starfighter.

---------------------

Through the window of Chrysalis' chambers, the battle raged on as distant flashes lit up the blue sky. "Come," Chrysalis said. "See for yourself." Charming Thunder inched toward the window, looking out through a small section. "From here, you will witness the destruction of the alliance and the rise of the brand new Republic." His heart in torment, glanced over at his lightsaber, which sat on the armrest of the throne. "You want this don't you? Since I'm so happy right now, I'll let you take it. Hit me. I dare you. End this. Pull the plug. Stop me and the Republic once and for all." Sombra watched as the agony spread to his son's face.

"Never," Charming Thunder refused.

"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine."