• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,869 Views, 17 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode III: Rise of the Equestrian Empire - sonicdash123



The fate of Equestria now rests in Charming Thunder's hooves as he confronts his father after and put an end to the Lunar Republic for good.

  • ...
43
 17
 1,869

Chapter 9: Father vs Son

At the window, the trio watched as the fleet was slowly decimated. "Face it, Charming Thunder. You have lost," Chrysalis said. "And your friends at the swamp will not survive." Charming Thunder's eyes filled with anger as he tried to remain calm. Sombra watched him as he stood seeing his hooves shaking with fury.

"Come on, son," Sombra said. "Kill her and take her place as a ruler of Equestria." Charming Thunder got angry as he heard his father. "Your friends will be nothing but slaves." Charming Thunder had enough of what he was hearing. He levitated his lightsaber and activated his blade. Fire flashed in his eyes as he was about to strike. King Sombra activated his blade and sparked with contact as Chrysalis laughed.

---------------------

The battle at the swamp raged on as Changelings and droids fired at the Ewoks with their laser weapons, while their diminutive adversaries ducked and wove through the trees, bashing the troops with logs, rocks, and any other materials available. The AAT stalked through the trees after a group of Ewoks. As it floated over the lake, Fluttershy and two Ewoks climbed through the trees. They waited for the right moment to drop down on the tank and jumped out of the tree. They landed on top of the tank as it floated over the grassy floor of the swamp. Fluttershy knocked on the top hatch and waited for someone to open it. A battle droid commander popped out of the hatch and an Ewok dragged it out and threw it in the lake. The other Ewok jumped in the tank and clabbered the driver. Fluttershy entered the tank and manned the controls of the tank as the Ewok exited the top gun controls. The door in the back opened and two other soldiers entered the tank and manned the controls to drive. After examining the controls, Fluttershy pulled a trigger on the main gun and fired at another tank. The Ewoks then cheered to the tank as it passed through the battle. An Ewok from the top of the tree pushed down a boulder which crushed the tank like a bug.

Applejack worked furiously at the control panel, wires sparking as she attempted to hotwire the door control. With a loud cracking spark, the door began to slide open. "I got it," she said. A few moments afterward, a second large metal door crashed down in front of the first. "Dang nab-it!! I thought I had it." Rainbow then let out a scream as she got struck by a laserbolt. Shining Armor helped her to the wall as a squad of battle droids pointed their blasters to the group. Everyones hooves were up as the droids drew closer. As Rainbow tried to stand, Pinkie shot her blaster at the droids. The group then saw an AAT heading their way and pointed its main gun at them.

"Stand back," Shining Armor said. Suddenly, the hatch on the tank popped open and Fluttershy popped her head out of the window and waved at them.

"Fluttershy?" Twilight said.

"Sorry if me and my Ewok buddies scared you," Fluttershy said.

"Come over here Rainbow is injured," Cadence said.

"No. Wait," Rainbow said as she flew to Fluttershy. "I've got an idea."

---------------------

Charming Thunder and King Sombra fought and engaged in a raging duel of sabers. Sparks flew across the room as the two clashed their weapons together. Charming Thunder's skills had grown since the pair's last duel on Cloud City. As he swung each attack, Sombra backed away backed away under the force of his son's violent blows. He then found himself on the edge of the stairs and Charming Thunder kicked him down. "Good," Chrysalis said. "Knock him dead, kiddo." Charming Thunder glanced over at the Changeling queen, then back at Sombra. He deactivated his lightsaber to calm his body.

"Celestia has tought you well," Sombra said as he got up.

"I will not fight you, father," Charming Thunder said. Sombra began to walk up the stairs towards him.

“You are unwise to lower your defenses.” Sombra struck out with his blade as Charming Thunder leapt backward and jumped to the catwalk above.

"Your thoughts betray you, father. I sense the good in you and the conflict."

"And this gives you power over me?"

“You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before, and I don't believe you'll kill me now.”

"Don't underestimate my dark magic. If you will not fight, then you will die along with your alliance." Sombra threw his saber towards him as Charming Thunder leapt over the purple blade and landed at the bottom of the stairs. He then ran under the platform of the throne. Sombra dropped down as he grabbed his lightsaber and Chrysalis laughed softly to herself.

"Good...good!"

---------------------

The armadas blasted away at each other in a huge point blank confrontation. The Super Star Destroyer finished a Munificent frigate off before retreating. "Watch out," Spitfire said in her com link. "There's a squad at .05." A TIE Fighter blasted away to destroy a squad of droid tri fighters.

"Good shot, Black 8," Soarin's voice called. The fleet approached the droid battleship as the squad of fighters were clearing a path for the destroyers.

"Come on, Rainbow," Spitfire muttered to herself. "Don't let me down."

---------------------

The Changeling officers watched eagerly at the main viewscreen of the bunker. A droid driver's head appeared, blocked out partially by static. "Its over, sir," the droid said which almost sounded like Shining Armor. "The Rebels have been routed. They're fleeing into the swamp. We need reinforcements in order to continue the pursuit." The engineers began to cheer as an officer opened the large door. Their eyes shot open as they came face-to-face with the Rebel contingent, their weapons trained on the group of Changelings and droids. The Ewoks disarmed them as the strike team entered the bunker. They placed charges all over the control room before hurrying out.